SP Medieval [WB] 1257 AD - Enhanced Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

stevehoos said:
NaikJoy said:
Reformist made a video on the 1257 AD - Enhanced Edition. You'll get more traffic.

Cool, I hope he visits some of my town and castle scenes!! Made a few of those back in the day.
Some scenes in this mod are spectacular, like Lewes Castle. Too bad that the fanciest ones are not where the initial action happens. For example all of the Italian towns around which happens the most after the Holy land and Granada are bog standard.
English castles/towns never get sieged unless you go on a very long-winded campaign.
On the plus side, they should all work if one of them does. Some of the more ambitious ones have known to cause trouble throughout 1257AD's history.

1429 La Guerre de Cent Ans had also amazing scenes. Though in that one you mostly quested instead of faction war.

magitsu said:
stevehoos said:
NaikJoy said:
Reformist made a video on the 1257 AD - Enhanced Edition. You'll get more traffic.

Cool, I hope he visits some of my town and castle scenes!! Made a few of those back in the day.
Some scenes in this mod are spectacular, like Lewes Castle. Too bad that the fanciest ones are not where the initial action happens. For example all of the Italian towns around which happens the most after the Holy land and Granada are bog standard.
English castles/towns never get sieged unless you go on a very long-winded campaign.
On the plus side, they should all work if one of them does. Some of the more ambitious ones have known to cause trouble throughout 1257AD's history.

1429 La Guerre de Cent Ans had also amazing scenes. Though in that one you mostly quested instead of faction war.

I did Sahpet, Karak, Antioch, and Jerusalem. That was like 7 years ago LOL.

stevehoos said:
I did Sahpet, Karak, Antioch, and Jerusalem. That was like 7 years ago LOL.
They are nice. Aqueduct as an element seems to repeat in two of them. It's a bit of a challenge to find all the functional npcs, starting from guild master in the largest scenes. For example London is huge. But once you do, you feel rewarded even though the exploring is fun in itself.

isn't there a way to disable the whole feature that makes horsemen receive damage when their mount gets killed? or at least to tweak it a bit

hueman337 said:
isn't there a way to disable the whole feature that makes horsemen receive damage when their mount gets killed? or at least to tweak it a bit
There doesn't seem to be an entry under the camp menu.
So you might need to edit a file manually:

Changelog 2.1 tells at how it works:
*A troop riding skill determines the chance he will be damaged when his horse falls down (player included)(base chance of 70% with each level of riding skill decreasing the chance by 5%, while damage taken is by default 60 minimum and 80 max, with each point of riding decreasing the damage by 7 points).

Changelog 1.4 tells how to edit it:
Horseman now have a chance (20%) of dying or getting knocked unconscious when their horse dies (The chance can be change or turned off by opening mission_templates.txt and searching for "0 100 4 0 2147483680 2 1224979098644774914 20 1722 3 1224979098644774912 1224979098644774913 500" without quotes (there's 3 instances) and changing the 20 to the desired value or to 0 to disable it).
https://pastebin.com/PXC5UcuN

That unfortunately won't work as easy as going in with Ctrl+F. That must have changed by then and it's probably still in that file, but hard for at least me to guess atm.

I tried to search with "1224979098644774914 20", but it gave 11 entries instead of 3 instances at 1.4, and it's now actually "1224979098644774914 2011", so I'm not sure that it even is the same thing anymore. Probably not, because it appears also under siege and boarding action sections (where there's no horses).

I'm having no battle text come up. No damage, no exp and such. Tried turning it off and on in option and looked for more options but it seems to be just this mod and no way to fix it. Also had horrible white garbage grass over the battle fields but got rid of it by turning off some stuff.

AnandaShanti said:
I'm having no battle text come up. No damage, no exp and such. Tried turning it off and on in option and looked for more options but it seems to be just this mod and no way to fix it. Also had horrible white garbage grass over the battle fields but got rid of it by turning off some stuff.
Some files probably corrupted. I would re-download and install again. Usually the battle text dissappears only when the feed is flooded (even then it should return by next fight), or after some big chunks of red error codes.

There are a few texture bugs though. Like some horses tails can display human head or whichever random texture they feel like.

Tweaking seems to be a good practice surprisingly often. For example I had to go to rgl_config and put 0 to all postfx etc. to be able to get pass a repeatable crash after distributing battle loot after defensive sieges or just general massive battles.
Even the mod author said he's playing on very modest graphical settings.

KratosMKII said:
Sorry guys. Here's the fix for that:

I tested it just now and the conversation after the siege triggered giving the player control over the fief.

Thanks for the work, but I am still getting error with lift_siege. The fief becomes "No Faction" instead of "Player Faction".

MarquisDeLaJolla said:
KratosMKII said:
Sorry guys. Here's the fix for that:

I tested it just now and the conversation after the siege triggered giving the player control over the fief.

Thanks for the work, but I am still getting error with lift_siege. The fief becomes "No Faction" instead of "Player Faction".

Fix for that is on the prior page.

Just wondering will this mod be implementing some features from Medieval Conquests? Not all of them as I find that mod is a bit too bloated. But perhaps some features like civil wars and breakaway nations.

magitsu said:
It also needs a new save, at least in my tests.
But if you already have a save that you'd want to continue, might as well try if it works.

I see. Thanks. I started the game with hotfix #2, so I should restart with hotfix #1? I am just testing the features with new game. Last save broke down by the ocean of Mongol hordes.

Found a pretty annoying glitch. On some maps (I'm not sure of the name) on siege there's spikes past an inner gatehouse with stairs that go to the top of the keep. Firstly the AI can't navigate through this at all and they get stuck and glitch out. You might only get 1 making it through every 30 seconds. Another issue is at the inner courtyard spawnpoints before the spikes where there is a pile of wood. AI tend to spawn in there and get stuck. The attacking AI on the map ends up standing about trying to get to them but it can't. And if you spawn in there it's nearly impossible to get out.

darnocslew said:
Found a pretty annoying glitch. On some maps (I'm not sure of the name) on siege there's spikes past an inner gatehouse with stairs that go to the top of the keep. Firstly the AI can't navigate through this at all and they get stuck and glitch out. You might only get 1 making it through every 30 seconds. Another issue is at the inner courtyard spawnpoints before the spikes where there is a pile of wood. AI tend to spawn in there and get stuck. The attacking AI on the map ends up standing about trying to get to them but it can't. And if you spawn in there it's nearly impossible to get out.
Certain custom maps in 1257AD have always been problematic like this.
Too much ambition vs. dumb ai restrictions.
If it's the enemy, you can always run with cheats on and CTRL+F4 knock down the last ones. If you spawn in a wrong pos, then it's a bit different story.

MarquisDeLaJolla said:
I see. Thanks. I started the game with hotfix #2, so I should restart with hotfix #1? I am just testing the features with new game. Last save broke down by the ocean of Mongol hordes.
Don't do anything. They fixed the same files, so #2 automatically includes #1.

Are any of you having random crashes in the map? If yes did this happen during v3.2 as well?

Btw, do not build a castle using your village or else it will break your game. I tested it now and my log got flooded by errors of all sorts.

magitsu said:
Tweaking seems to be a good practice surprisingly often. For example I had to go to rgl_config and put 0 to all postfx etc. to be able to get pass a repeatable crash after distributing battle loot after defensive sieges or just general massive battles.
Even the mod author said he's playing on very modest graphical settings.
Oh thank you. I was searching for the source of the crashes but now at least i have a clue.

darnocslew said:
Just wondering will this mod be implementing some features from Medieval Conquests? Not all of them as I find that mod is a bit too bloated. But perhaps some features like civil wars and breakaway nations.
The civil war feature was attempted but sadly for some unknown reason it doesn't work when triggered in game. But it seems to work when triggered through the debug menu.

Back
Top Bottom