SP Medieval [WB] 1257 AD - Enhanced Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

Here a suggestion (apologies if someone else mentioned it)

You could do what the Viking Conquest Enhanced mod did and increase travel times by about 50 - 75%. So instead of being able to cross the entire map in two or three days it takes a few months. It would be much more realistic given the time period (no one should be able to cross Europe in two days on horseback,) and it seriously improves the game play, since you have to focus more on your local region (which again, more in keeping with the medieval period.)

Also, another thing from VC Enhanced - give morale increases when the player (and lords as well!) camp their armies for the night.

of course, you'd probably have to increase the amount of time available for Marshall quests and the like, give the player 10 days to meet up with the army.

Love the mod, BTW!

thrommek said:
Here a suggestion (apologies if someone else mentioned it)

You could do what the Viking Conquest Enhanced mod did and increase travel times by about 50 - 75%. So instead of being able to cross the entire map in two or three days it takes a few months. It would be much more realistic given the time period (no one should be able to cross Europe in two days on horseback,) and it seriously improves the game play, since you have to focus more on your local region (which again, more in keeping with the medieval period.)

Also, another thing from VC Enhanced - give morale increases when the player (and lords as well!) camp their armies for the night.

of course, you'd probably have to increase the amount of time available for Marshall quests and the like, give the player 10 days to meet up with the army.

Love the mod, BTW!
The first two things you requested are already in the mod so pay more attention. And increasing the amount of time for marshall quests is stupid. Do you really think that in 10 days the campaign will still be going on? Most end in less than 5.

stevehoos said:
When 2.1 comes out, I'll bug test it! Can't wait!  :grin: Those new France scenes look great,!  :fruity: :fruity:
It will come out in a few weeks at most. I'm finishing preparing things for @secrestamos test and balance the Arab/Anatolian troop trees. After he finishes i can release it.

When 2.1 comes out, I'll bug test it! Can't wait!  :grin: Those new France scenes look great,!  :fruity: :fruity:

Thanks, but i am not sur that i will have finished the new french scenes for 2.1 ...  it takes time (historical research and scene making) .
Only three are almost finished (Bordeaux, Toulouse and Nantes) and one just started (Paris). As i plan to do new scenes for all town of France, there still lot of work to do, and as far as i know, Kratos want the new scenes to be released all in one pack.

KratosMKII said:
stevehoos said:
It will come out in a few weeks at most. I'm finishing preparing things for @secrestamos test and balance the Arab/Anatolian troop trees. After he finishes i can release it.

Ohh man, I just want the have it now. maybe a v2.0.1 until then :?: :grin:
just kidding, take your time and keep the good work!

PS: I just saw your post in the PBOD thread. Any updates about merging it with AD1257?

Caractacus said:

Thanks, but i am not sur that i will have finished the new french scenes for 2.1 ...  it takes time (historical research and scene making) .
Only three are almost finished (Bordeaux, Toulouse and Nantes) and one just started (Paris). As i plan to do new scenes for all town of France, there still lot of work to do, and as far as i know, Kratos want the new scenes to be released all in one pack.

I understand, it took me a long time to complete scenes when I was doing them. The more time invested the better they look! Keep up the great work!

KratosMKII said:
Gregor Eisenhorn said:
Any chance of unlocking crouching and upstab/overhead stabbing to both 1handed and 2handed polearms and spears? The animations are already in the game apparently, just needs to be enabled.

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,353520.0.html

I really miss this feature, because it IMHO makes spears (+ shield) and pike weapons less useless in a huge fight as seen here:

https://gfycat.com/SaltyShyChicken
I tried adding that (the modsys version) but instead of executing the overhead animation my character starts playing the tavern eating animation. I'm currently trying to fix this.

Are you still having problems with this? Just checked this out and whipped up an actions file here using vanilla 1257 source: http://www.mediafire.com/file/kdp9c6xwngnkp2h/module_animations.py/file
Tested it and all works as it should, all I had to do was move the custom animations (shield_bash, shield_strike, spearwall_hold, and sit_drink) from where they were to after unequip_pistol_melee.

sunmannus said:
KratosMKII said:
stevehoos said:

Ohh man, I just want the have it now. maybe a v2.0.1 until then :?: :grin:
just kidding, take your time and keep the good work!

PS: I just saw your post in the PBOD thread. Any updates about merging it with AD1257?
Nah. PBOD produces crashes during battles and no debug messages to at least know where the issue is.

Hoboistice said:
KratosMKII said:
Gregor Eisenhorn said:
Any chance of unlocking crouching and upstab/overhead stabbing to both 1handed and 2handed polearms and spears? The animations are already in the game apparently, just needs to be enabled.

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,353520.0.html

I really miss this feature, because it IMHO makes spears (+ shield) and pike weapons less useless in a huge fight as seen here:

https://gfycat.com/SaltyShyChicken
I tried adding that (the modsys version) but instead of executing the overhead animation my character starts playing the tavern eating animation. I'm currently trying to fix this.

Are you still having problems with this? Just checked this out and whipped up an actions file here using vanilla 1257 source: http://www.mediafire.com/file/kdp9c6xwngnkp2h/module_animations.py/file
Tested it and all works as it should, all I had to do was move the custom animations (shield_bash, shield_strike, spearwall_hold, and sit_drink) from where they were to after unequip_pistol_melee.
I was, but after doing what you did (moving the custom animations) and deleting the tavern animations everything works fine! Thank you :grin:.

Here's two screens: https://imgur.com/a/esuTiXp

KratosMKII said:
I was, but after doing what you did (moving the custom animations) and deleting the tavern animations everything works fine! Thank you :grin:.

Did 1257 ever use those tavern animations? I never remember seeing them.
Good to see it works though.

Two things:

1. Is it possible to  rebind the BrainyBots menu into another key? Having it pop up every time I want to form my infantry into a shieldwall is juuuust a touch annoying.

2. Could you have a look at arena spawn rate? It gives me "enemies left: 9998" and degenerates into a slideshow every time I try it.

Hoboistice said:
KratosMKII said:

Did 1257 ever use those tavern animations? I never remember seeing them.
Good to see it works though.
Nope. 1257AD doesn't even have townspeople at taverns to use them. I added them because the feature that i wanted from a mod (camp from dickplomacy) required those animations. At that time i was inexperienced with modding the game but now i removed them.

dr33mz33 said:
fix trade goods pls :grin:
There's nothing to fix. I didn't touch trade goods.

rnaD86 said:
Two things:

1. Is it possible to  rebind the BrainyBots menu into another key? Having it pop up every time I want to form my infantry into a shieldwall is juuuust a touch annoying.

2. Could you have a look at arena spawn rate? It gives me "enemies left: 9998" and degenerates into a slideshow every time I try it.
1. For some unknown reason the brainy bots patch crashes every time i launch it.

2. Your computer can't handle the amount of NPCs spawned. I will make the quantity configurable.

For now you can try this to fix the problems you're having.

Really loving the new update!

Just a few bugs I came across so far:

1) Serjeant Armor has no armor/protection values.
2) Same with Ragged Ankle Boots
3) There seems to be two types of spears. Both that share the same name but have different stats and one is missing some features.

The features being missing the upstab and doesn't show on your back.
Here's a picture of it. It has these stats and a "darker" coloured shaft compared to the other spear that functions correctly.

https://i.imgur.com/Kj4xnON.jpg

Is this okay? Going into the arena and asking the arena master to join a fight spawned me into this.
Is-this-ok.png

What are the new dependencies for enlisting in a troop tree? I specifically like to start as a spear man for a faction but trying out different starting choices there is only ever the rural/archer line enlisting, even with 100 renown and noble birth.

In 2.1. I somehow  don't see feedback in fights anymore.  All the options are on. Even on the world map it is unreliable. I'll experiment to find out if it depends on a particular option.

Edit: I can't get on screen messages to come back. Neither in scenes nor world map.
-While fun the arena is a bit ridiculous. I went to level 10 in half an hour.
-There is an error with grass_meshes missing. In module_ini you said they are merged, some wrong references probably still somewhere.

@  KratosMKII  Bugs in 2.2

Texture issue: grass

9F2A1EBF1CCEDAF1C8E616E6BA81E4FA1C801FA0

Bugged mail and shield textures: Show up as all black.

E6961371B9201ECEBCD85B90DFAAB26F964057E4

Female outfit glitch:

C0CE9703C4123FB53B7C9557A924C7B380661618

Battle options, don't know what could cause this:

2F5EB651C9E2C205C20B1C5859B112938CFE2D2A

Script errors on "have your soldiers attack without you."

9DC08E0BA55CF656977AEAA815DFB3AD0526E642

Funny texture here:

4AFB558B08E8C41F27D58D3D42EA2EBF39B235C5

-Crusader fiefs, castles, and towns still converting to Mamluke culture instead of player culture after changing. Please fix this. :wink:

Selected player culture bugged as seen below, getting Mamluke culture:

C05789FA3B96DBD898BED87A19C6886B80816DE3

An example of the player culture feature working correctly with England monarch beginning:

25A34805463A3CCE66C7C3CD8E7BB452184DAEB8

Tournament combatants missing armor:

D3A0F3CFF9F2B9C3E56D3EBD81006332CEF72BF4

Unable to "leave town,"with cheat menu activated, not enough menu room.

2FDF7698263A429287F37FC4C21C3A48A21597C8

-Many Women missing in family trees. Lady Jivette is daughter to a French vassal but does appear listed as such. This was working prior to to new update, not sure if this is part of new changes or name caps in the notes. There are also no ages anymore, is this intended?

-Bodyguards are not following player in Taverns and town scenes.
-still granting myself the same fief multiple times, menu doesn't confirm its granted.
-Some European (England and France) ladies have on Arabic clothing with visible Arabic writing. Some are members of the priesthood as well.
94E7BAA1FB6F75569F03CBF06A4D5FB043829F70
Whatever you did with the women, I liked the version in 2.0 much better. Ladies have on mail/ thick warrior outfits, chain mail boots, Gambesons etc. I tried editing ladies clothing and was unable in Morghs. Does Morghs work in this mod when editing troops?

92BBA3320138A5A6ADF360E76CAE598E66693E30

THANK YOU FOR DOING THIS!

There is the bug I have seen in some other mods where siege attackers fight each other after a successful siege.

Here a save where it happens:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/js51g3

Edit:
-I've seen the name "Random" for lords and factions.
-The damage of the bigger maces are too much. 66+ blunt damage with a one handed weapon is broken.
-The audience sound does not stop after visiting an arena or tournament.
-No troop payment
-The formations menu needs some fixing.

Back
Top Bottom