SP Medieval [WB] 1257 AD - Enhanced Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

really liking the custom face skins on women, saves a good bit of work trying to get different textures/models to play nice with each other.

just one little glitch I have here - not sure how it happened, but my female player character has invisible (see through) body texture when going naked (training peasants). Not a big deal, but wondering what could have cause it. Thanks!

A lot of bugs for me.  Font messed up, -100k budget after the very first week and uncountable script errors when enlisting.
Probably has something to do with me playing on the 64bit warband beta on linux, although other big mods like AWoiaF work without issues.

secretstamos said:
Awesome, though for Jerusalem I meant more for the castle interior  :party:

Got cha, Man it be cool to get Perisno's custom mercenary script but use it for fiefs and lances!? Plus it has many levels of heraldic mail instead of just 1, you can design your whole army in tiers of it. :grin: :grin: :grin:

Mod lead-
Some suggestions:

I select "player" from the change culture and still get vanilla 1257 troops. I am getting Vanilla troops from both fiefs and town lances. I am confused about what to do here? I have custom soldiers running around on the map doing nothing that I paid for? How do Recruit my own troops to my own army?

Something is very bugged with minister granting fiefs to yourself script, sea of red error codes.

" invalid parameter" when using constable to recruit player culture troops.

-Randomizing faces of companions creates consistent CTD

-Companions not following player in some town scenes, York is one.

Started as a king:
Constable and treasurer disappear after you lose a town, no longer show up at your court. Cannot get them back, mod Constable and treasurer need to be present in every town the player owns, cannot move court without them. 

Take away "engineer" or "tracker" title from companions, forces the player to see that (cosmetic eyesore) and makes the play through feel linear by nature. Easy morgh fix though. 

Add "right to rule" quest option for companions.

Add some building options to the towns.

The Mamluks are far too easy for a player crusader faction, no challenge. 

I wish something could be done about the tournaments, they are far far too easy.

Add the viking conquest town view, might not be possible with what you are using, I don't know.

Can this mod be added on steam?

Maybe an update for heraldic flag textures on items? They are blurry. Don't know if this is possible.

How long are you willing to work on this? I will help test if you are dedicated to making this close to being on par with the newest updated mods (Persino, Third age) Etc. This has many outdated features.   

The ability to have children take over your fiefs?

Or just have children fight in your army as in A world of Ice and fire :wink:??

LASTLY, thank YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I spent many hours bug searching and doing scenes for this mod, 1257 resurrection!!!!

1. v1.8 changed the culture system. Value to change culture of faction was reduced in half but changing it doesn't change the FIEF culture. I did this to allow for players to have fiefs with different cultures of their choosing. Read the changelog for more details.

This doesn't make any sense? If changing your faction culture doesn't change the fief culture, than how can you have different fiefs with different cultures? You have your base culture for that region, exactly what you had before in vanilla 1257? What's the point of this if the player can't choose exactly what he\she wants? I think this is bugged, I can't use lances from "the player culture" and when I recruit men from the constable they go roaming around and I never see them. It's a mess at the moment. The creation screen for the custom troops takes hours because you can't tell what attributes will influence proficiencies for different tiers, it's a guessing game. Surely this will create balancing issues as well. These skill points should be locked in step with other AI troops and not at the whim of the player. The Perisno custom troops is much much better.  Maybe you could use the Mercenary guild feature of Perisno custom troops for lances and keep fiefs the base culture. Not really sure what vision you have here? Thanks again for doing this work.

Also, you are able to build manors for towns, don't know if this is intentional, never was in the base 1257? It's bugged if it is. A copy of yourself is present at the manor scene.

I wonder if more heraldic armor types could be added in? Here's my Perisno custom medieval troops, nothing fantasy. Some of these may not be 13 century armors (the extreme heavy), but many would be fine. Great for custom armies. 

@
secretstamos

AC338E254858D04DD203E919B2BD82ACE9F9F287

I have the feeling the new freelancer is worse then before.
-You always start as mounted sergeant now.
-There is seemingly nothing to be done against becoming a deserter when your lord is imprisoned. I even tried rescuing him but that is bugged. You can tell him to follow you but he won't, and leaving the prison respawns all the guards killed before.

I really liked the item changes in modded1x btw.

I've tried adding upstabs with this tutorial https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,353520.0.html to EE. Didn't really work as expected.

The kidnapping quest gives script errors but the quest works nonetheless.

Horses are too slow to the point of being mostly unable to couch my lance on the enemy, when trying to create a new character the game crashes when selecting the hairstyle, no matter what name I give the character he/she gets renamed to "Well", after dismissing my levy troops while using the lance recruitment system, I was unable to hire troops from cities and my own fiefs, only the option to disband lance troops would show up, now I cannot recruit more troops, and even if I recruit one by one, the troops do not appear on my party. These are a few of the game-breaking bugs I found while playing it for a few hours. Ignoring these bugs, the mod looks very promising.

UPDATE: I am dumb, I downloaded the 1.7 version, not the 2.0

stevehoos said:
1. v1.8 changed the culture system. Value to change culture of faction was reduced in half but changing it doesn't change the FIEF culture. I did this to allow for players to have fiefs with different cultures of their choosing. Read the changelog for more details.

This doesn't make any sense? If changing your faction culture doesn't change the fief culture, than how can you have different fiefs with different cultures? You have your base culture for that region, exactly what you had before in vanilla 1257? What's the point of this if the player can't choose exactly what he\she wants? I think this is bugged, I can't use lances from "the player culture" and when I recruit men from the constable they go roaming around and I never see them. It's a mess at the moment. The creation screen for the custom troops takes hours because you can't tell what attributes will influence proficiencies for different tiers, it's a guessing game. Surely this will create balancing issues as well. These skill points should be locked in step with other AI troops and not at the whim of the player. The Perisno custom troops is much much better.  Maybe you could use the Mercenary guild feature of Perisno custom troops for lances and keep fiefs the base culture. Not really sure what vision you have here? Thanks again for doing this work.

Also, you are able to build manors for towns, don't know if this is intentional, never was in the base 1257? It's bugged if it is. A copy of yourself is present at the manor scene.

I wonder if more heraldic armor types could be added in? Here's my Perisno custom medieval troops, nothing fantasy. Some of these may not be 13 century armors (the extreme heavy), but many would be fine. Great for custom armies. 

@
secretstamos

AC338E254858D04DD203E919B2BD82ACE9F9F287
Companions don't have randomized faces. And that suffix helps identify who does what since 1257 companions are so bland.

@secretstamos is working on balancing the muslim factions.

Read the changelog. In v1.8 it states that you can change a fief's culture to any culture you know of. Changing your faction culture only serves the purpose of learning that culture so it can be applied to any of your fiefs.

The constable recruit thing doesn't work with the lance system. I disabled it (if you're using lances) in v2.1.

Yes i know that CTT is a mess. I find the custom troops in Perisno better too. The only thing CTT does better in the item selection screen. I will see what i can do.

I didn't change anything about where manors can be built so it's a vanilla 1257 thing.

I was discussing with @secretstamos this. What i wanted to do was to pick armors from CWE and make heraldic versions of them, and to implement the heraldic horses thing, so that there's no need to have 100 armors/horses of the same type occupying space.

Your other bug reports and suggestions have been noted.

incas said:
I have the feeling the new freelancer is worse then before.
1. -You always start as mounted sergeant now.
2. -There is seemingly nothing to be done against becoming a deserter when your lord is imprisoned. I even tried rescuing him but that is bugged. You can tell him to follow you but he won't, and leaving the prison respawns all the guards killed before.

I really liked the item changes in modded1x btw.

3. I've tried adding upstabs with this tutorial https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,353520.0.html to EE. Didn't really work as expected.

4. The kidnapping quest gives script errors but the quest works nonetheless.
1. This is because of renown or noble start options.
2. I fixed the bug where the town scene doesn't update. It will be in v2.1
3. I wasn't able even with the source code so don't bother.
4. Noted.

@KratosMKII

-When playing as the Crusader States, the change culture option does not provide custom troops for your fiefs. It does work for the Teutonic order.

-Some faces you select for your companions in the edit screen are giving a CTD. 

-Mercenary Euro Cavalry are upgrading to foot soldiers.

-In vanilla 1257 (If I remember correctly  :lol:) you could not build a manor from towns, you could only build them from villages. An upgraded manor means a potential castle, the map would be suffocated with myriad castles if such a thing was possible. That would potentially mean 3 castles in this small area of the map. Bartenstein, Elbing , and Osterode 

75CD88D90291093EDAE1D157DDA04D61E8A66167

Manor bug in Starting as monarch, trying to build manor out of a town menu.
A king copy of myself who is lord of the Swadian Kingdom is at the manor. 

D91B369E76B1F5148AF2281B5D79D4780D3BB764

When attempting to grant myself a fief, fief granted but remains listed as unassigned.

8D3D8A7D8B12ECB608C72DAEA2B32034FE38EA52

Ettenrocal said:
For any coat of arms and heraldry you could need this: http://wappenwiki.org/index.php/Main_Page, a great site with hundred of heraldry in .svg free to use under creative commons license.
Thank you.

stevehoos said:
@KratosMKII

-When playing as the Crusader States, the change culture option does not provide custom troops for your fiefs. It does work for the Teutonic order.

5 -Some faces you select for your companions in the edit screen are giving a CTD. 

2. -Mercenary Euro Cavalry are upgrading to foot soldiers.

3. -In vanilla 1257 (If I remember correctly  :lol:) you could not build a manor from towns, you could only build them from villages. An upgraded manor means a potential castle, the map would be suffocated with myriad castles if such a thing was possible. That would potentially mean 3 castles in this small area of the map. Bartenstein, Elbing , and Osterode 

4. Manor bug in Starting as monarch, trying to build manor out of a town menu.

6. When attempting to grant myself a fief, fief granted but remains listed as unassigned.

1. Did you change the FIEF's culture?
2. Checked the files and found no such thing.
3. No you do not remember correctly. If you did you would know that you can only build 1 castle per new game.
4. Fixed in v2.1
5 & 6. Noted.

KratosMKII said:
Ettenrocal said:
For any coat of arms and heraldry you could need this: http://wappenwiki.org/index.php/Main_Page, a great site with hundred of heraldry in .svg free to use under creative commons license.
Thank you.

stevehoos said:
@KratosMKII

5 -Some faces you select for your companions in the edit screen are giving a CTD. 

2. -Mercenary Euro Cavalry are upgrading to foot soldiers.

3. -In vanilla 1257 (If I remember correctly  :lol:) you could not build a manor from towns, you could only build them from villages. An upgraded manor means a potential castle, the map would be suffocated with myriad castles if such a thing was possible. That would potentially mean 3 castles in this small area of the map. Bartenstein, Elbing , and Osterode 

4. Manor bug in Starting as monarch, trying to build manor out of a town menu.

6. When attempting to grant myself a fief, fief granted but remains listed as unassigned.

1. Did you change the FIEF's culture?
2. Checked the files and found no such thing.
3. No you do not remember correctly. If you did you would know that you can only build 1 castle per new game.
4. Fixed in v2.1
5 & 6. Noted.

1. Yes.
2. Hum, mercenary cavalry that I purchased in Paris upgraded to foot soldiers. Don't know what to tell you. I changed out the language files to the base Latin ,don't know if that would effect that?
3. :wink:

Tell me those how to disable the "cavalry horses die forever if they were killed in battle in the squad after the cavalry becomes infantry" for me it's nonsense what's the point in a one-time cavalry well, and would do then that the infantry can make cavalry for money or for horses captured or take away from the peasants horses, please) help just turn off at least, and better who knows how to make a mini mod?

all.russia.alexei said:
Tell me those how to disable the "cavalry horses die forever if they were killed in battle in the squad after the cavalry becomes infantry" for me it's nonsense what's the point in a one-time cavalry well, and would do then that the infantry can make cavalry for money or for horses captured or take away from the peasants horses, please) help just turn off at least, and better who knows how to make a mini mod?
Thanks for the beautiful mod!
Except for one bad change: for example I play for Mongols, I recruit one cavalry and I take the world, and after 2 two good fights I have almost one all infantry, and to me that again to employ a cavalry it is nonsense how to disconnect!?

stevehoos said:
Mercenary cavalry upgrading to foot soldiers:

9F6A6DCAAA5D9705E6A905A1E5B4734D56550DB9

See how it says cavalry in the description:

915457596665062BFDABCFFAD54209209819236B
Can you check their inventory? See if they have any horse in there. "Eques" is the name of the latin mercenary cavalry.

stevehoos said:
KratosMKII said:
stevehoos said:

Can you check their inventory? See if they have any horse in there. "Eques" is the name of the latin mercenary cavalry.

There's no horse in the inventory.
According to the files and morgh's editor there's horse for the veteran/elite latin mercenary horseman. If it's not on your end, then i must have added them here but i don't remember.

KratosMKII said:
stevehoos said:
KratosMKII said:
stevehoos said:

There's no horse in the inventory.
According to the files and morgh's editor there's horse for the veteran/elite latin mercenary horseman. If it's not on your end, then i must have added them here but i don't remember.

I believe I have been using an outdated version, uh... sorry. Confused by download on Nexus.

I have the new version 2.0 and some Fiefs are bugged (Acre fief and its two villages). Crusader states fiefs not converting to player culture. All Crusader fiefs Revert to Mamluk culture instead of player culture.

6A26228B908894168DB9A4A0302B228B333838FC

Still Mamluk culture.

35C05FFF8BAA732F728B2BE4350BA9A2431AE1F7

Granting fiefs to yourself is also bugged, remains unassigned after granting.

Also, would it be possible to add something like a faction relations screen for all factions in this mod? It just seems like the player is very disconnected from events in the world.

I wonder if the Florins tournament mod could be added? Or the one that is in Nova Etas ( not sure which one that is), anything but what 1257 has, Tournaments are so bland. Again thanks for doing this. :smile:

Back
Top Bottom