SP Medieval [WB] 1257 AD - Enhanced Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

I read about some bugs here,about male heir with title que.... .So can you ask me this mod is close to finishing,if you can?And also,will this mod go to Bannerlord?

If only i had someone to do the item and troop rebalancing work for me the updates would come quicker  :sad:

secretstamos said:
Understood, I'll convert the red hospitaller outfits to black ones.

What type of lords are recruited if the player faction has a custom culture? Would it default to another culture? Or would the player culture determine some factors? (like lord gear pulled from their CTT?)
If the player faction culture is custom, all recruited lords will have the custom culture.

When the player selects the custom culture from the minister, there's a new dialogue where the player can choose a language which will determine the names for the generated lords.

The lords with the custom culture will pull their equipment from the latest tier of CTT troops. I will add documentation for this in the readme.

secretstamos said:
Here's the edited hospitallers as requested :party:

https://megaupload.nz/y1L92dkcb6/Hospitaller_zip
Mind if i ask: Do you know why your textures don't load properly in OpenBRF? They show as the checkered texture that indicates that there's no texture.

I wouldn't know anything about that. I've been using Paint.net to save them with the R8 compression style with supersampling enabled. Do they appear in game alright?

I love that the generated Lords can be from our player culture. Would it be possible for us to define their prefix title (such as Lord, Emir) as well

I can help with the troop balancing if need be now that the texture work is complete. I have some good experience with it. That's not to imply I'm the best out there, but I'm certainly sufficient.

Question, the features and minor features you listed in the OP are entirely what you added on top of the last 1257AD version released or are some of those mixed and were in the original 1257 releases? I haven't played the mod for many years so I'd want to give this this a shot.

secretstamos said:
I wouldn't know anything about that. I've been using Paint.net to save them with the R8 compression style with supersampling enabled. 1. Do they appear in game alright?

2. I love that the generated Lords can be from our player culture. Would it be possible for us to define their prefix title (such as Lord, Emir) as well
Yes they appear normally in game so forget about that.
Not right now but i will find a way to implement this.

Btw, do you know how to make specular and normal maps for textures of warband? Can i make them using paint.net?

secretstamos said:
I can help with the troop balancing if need be now that the texture work is complete. I have some good experience with it. That's not to imply I'm the best out there, but I'm certainly sufficient.
In the moment i'm doing some major rework on the .brf files (removing unused assets and merging others) but as soon as i finish i send you a PM with the required files for you to edit some troop trees for me (especially the muslims. Their armors are ugly as hell  :lol:)

BNS Marko said:
Question, the features and minor features you listed in the OP are entirely what you added on top of the last 1257AD version released or are some of those mixed and were in the original 1257 releases? I haven't played the mod for many years so I'd want to give this this a shot.
All of the features listed are new things i added.

Paint.net can't generate normal maps or specular maps. A program like Gimp (with plugins) or Photoshop would be needed.

Sounds fantastic  :party:

Would you guys be interested in civil war and faction resurrection mechanics?

Civil War: if a certain amount of lords dislike the current ruler they can split the faction and start a civil war, taking their fiefs with them.

Faction resurrection: Every once in a while there's a chance that a dead faction will "invade" the map and try to take a town that was from them. A random amount of lords will be created for this occasion. If they take the town they start behaving like a normal faction.

secretstamos said:
Paint.net can't generate normal maps or specular maps. A program like Gimp (with plugins) or Photoshop would be needed.

Dazzer said:
Normalmaps can be done using paint.net but you will need a special plugin. Speculars are supposed to be done manually
Thank you. I used Photoshop to create both.

KratosMKII said:

Civil War: if a certain amount of lords dislike the current ruler they can split the faction and start a civil war, taking their fiefs with them.

Faction resurrection: Every once in a while there's a chance that a dead faction will "invade" the map and try to take a town that was from them. A random amount of lords will be created for this occasion. If they take the town they start behaving like a normal faction.

secretstamos said:

Dazzer said:
Normalmaps can be done using paint.net but you will need a special plugin. Speculars are supposed to be done manually

Definitely would be nice features to have especially the faction resurrection. One grudge I have about 1257 AD is that nothing is happening on the map - it just feels empty. Maybe you could add some unique spawns and/or increase bandit spawns or just have something similar to PoP with unique minor factions with their "bandit" armies around the map.

KratosMKII said:

I would be definitely interested in that too.

JynJao said:
Definitely would be nice features to have especially the faction resurrection. One grudge I have about 1257 AD is that nothing is happening on the map - it just feels empty. Maybe you could add some unique spawns and/or increase bandit spawns or just have something similar to PoP with unique minor factions with their "bandit" armies around the map.

I could be wrong, but wasn't the reason original 1257AD felt empty because there were no roaming villagers/farmers like in original Warband? (which where apparently removed because of performance)

Perhaps adding them back would rectifiy some of that "empty" feeling?

Hello! Loving the mod, but having some trouble with my custom troops. I made them to be 2 branch, but somehow game still thinks I have 3 branches and also, at adding name, the plural does not work. It always goes back to A3 Troops or what ever is the name for the tier. Also, after going to enhanced options, and changed my tree to 2 branch, I cant see my troops anymore.
Added 2 pictures also.
https://  ibb.co/mWSKLA
https://  ibb.co/n09YfA

(cant post real links just yet)

JynJao said:
KratosMKII said:

secretstamos said:

Dazzer said:

Gregor Eisenhorn said:
KratosMKII said:

I would be definitely interested in that too.

JynJao said:

I could be wrong, but wasn't the reason original 1257AD felt empty because there were no roaming villagers/farmers like in original Warband? (which where apparently removed because of performance)

Perhaps adding them back would rectify some of that "empty" feeling?
I already added a menu where you can select the maximum amount of bandits/deserters that can spawn. There's also things like rogue mercenary companies, fugitive serfs, peasant rebel armies and rebel armies, as well as patrols/scouts/prisoner trains/mercenary companies/foragers/war parties for the main kingdoms (which are all also configurable). That's the maximum i can go while maintaining some sort of historical accuracy.

soomuk said:
Hello! Loving the mod, but having some trouble with my custom troops. I made them to be 2 branch, but somehow game still thinks I have 3 branches and also, at adding name, the plural does not work. It always goes back to A3 Troops or what ever is the name for the tier. Also, after going to enhanced options, and changed my tree to 2 branch, I cant see my troops anymore.
Added 2 pictures also.
https://  ibb.co/mWSKLA
https://  ibb.co/n09YfA

(cant post real links just yet)
I'm almost dropping CTT and opting for something like what Perisno does with its custom troops. This is giving me much more trouble than what's worth it.

I'm a big fan of CTT despite some of the weird bugs around it. I'm not sure how Perisno does custom troops, so I'm not really sure how it stacks up.

I need some ideas for kingdom names for the civil war factions. If i just set them to be "{original faction name} rebels" things would get boring quickly.

I need names for:
French     
Germans   
Danish     
Swedish   
Norwegians   
Welsh     
Gaelic     
Spanish   
Portuguese   
Serbians     
English     
Balts         
Scottish     
Arabs         
Turks         
Poles             
Hungarians       
Bohemians       
Bulgarians     
Byzantine
Italians     
Rus             
Mongols         
Finns         
Armenians       

secretstamos said:
I'm a big fan of CTT despite some of the weird bugs around it. I'm not sure how Perisno does custom troops, so I'm not really sure how it stacks up.

naikjoy2 said:
Please don't drop the Custom Troop Tree mod by MitchellD.
Perisno has troops with fixed stats and you can change their equipment only by talking with them. I believe this makes things more balanced and not OP. If i had to change one thing with CTT it would be making the troops have fixed stats.

KratosMKII said:
I need some ideas for kingdom names for the civil war factions. If i just set them to be "{original faction name} rebels" things would get boring quickly.

I need names for:
French     
Germans   
Danish     
Swedish   
Norwegians   
Welsh     
Gaelic     
Spanish   
Portuguese   
Serbians     
English     
Balts         
Scottish     
Arabs         
Turks         
Poles             
Hungarians       
Bohemians       
Bulgarians     
Byzantine
Italians     
Rus             
Mongols         
Finns         
Armenians       

This would be pretty hard unless some of the faction actually has a historical separatists.

The French has their Cathar problems, but does that mean that the in-game dissatisfied lords are cathars?

I guess that this need to be random and not real hystorical names as rebels will repeat during game so you need to have several prepared names.
Maybe by rebel leader name, e.g. "Peter's faction", "Serbia (Peter's faction)" or "Peter's Serbia".
Or some attribute may be added like sides of the world, terrain types or geographical names e.g. "East Serbia", "Highlands of Serbia", "Serbia by Danube", ...
And once original faction is wiped out or diminished then rebel faction can be renamed to original name and former main faction can get name by leader/attribute (e.g. "Small <kingdom name>", "Old  <kingdom name>",...). Of coure, if it is possible to script this.

Cant really think of anything proper but for Bohemia there could be Margraviate of Moravia (although it would be only fitting for cities like Olmutz which are in Moravia). For the Kingdom of Hungary there could be the Duchy of Nitra but again that would need to be always situated in Upper Hungary to make sense. Also Transylvania and Slavonia(?) come to mind

Back
Top Bottom