SP Medieval [WB] 1257 AD - Enhanced Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

Not a problem Caractacus. with more choice it's better. but in your list of name some are always for comoners and some are not accurate to the era. Guillaume is the recent pronunciation of Guilhem as example ...

For the surname I take the list of the accurate nobles family at the XIII century in the wikipedia list too. But we had more than 30 families, just I think (but can be wrong) that nobles have surname with "de" "du" "de la" "d'" in suffix.

What do you think about the Reims village ?
Edit; I ask you cause I see you do scenes, perhaps a castle or a city with a nice cathedral is a good idea  :mrgreen:

Thank you all for taking your time to do this for me.

Left to do:
Balts
Scottish
Arabs
Turks
Poles
Hungarians
Bohemians
Bulgarians
Greeks
Italians
Rus
Mongols
Finns

Balts
Germans
Danish
Swedish
Norwegians
Welsh
Scottish
Gaelic
Spanish
Portuguese
Arabs
Turks
Poles
Hungarians
Bohemians
Serbians
Bulgarians
Greeks
Italians
Rus
Mongols
Finns

If those are taken care of i can focus solely on fixing the random lord spawn (where they go when they are created) and adding the items to script that gives them random equipment based on their culture. Afterwards i will work on implement a death and execution system where lords have a chance of dying in battle or can be executed by the player or AI lords.

About Reims: It was quick and easy. I changed it to a town.

Caractacus said:
Don't worry all the scenes i plan to do will have fully workable and uniques sieges scenes. :wink:
Let me know if you encounter any issue related to things i added if they cause trouble in your scene work.

Here are some Baltic names (a mix of Lithuanian and a few Latvian ones):
https://www.behindthename.com/names/gender/masculine/usage/baltic/origin/baltic

I don't think surnames were in use back then, for example we refer to our dukes only by their name and their dynasty (which in turn is derived from the name of famous duke in the family line).

Not a problem Caractacus. with more choice it's better. but in your list of name some are always for comoners and some are not accurate to the era. Guillaume is the recent pronunciation of Guilhem as example ...
Not exactly, in fact the name was taking different form in term of geographic situation or languages in France (or even out of France), and it can become quit complex!  That's why i voluntary choose the more common and modernized version.  :wink:

But we had more than 30 families, just I think (but can be wrong) that nobles have surname with "de" "du" "de la" "d'" in suffix.
It's a common misconception, yes  suffix "de" "du" "de la" "d'" where very common in surname of the french nobility, but also for the commoners! So it wasn't a sign of nobility by itself. And yes somes nobles had surnames without suffix.
All the surname i gave are real surnames of Minor Nobility that can be found in manuscript of the time. I wanted to avoid major or too famous nobles to steer clear of duplication or confusion with already existings lords in the game.

Let me know if you encounter any issue related to things i added if they cause trouble in your scene work.
Ok! It's fine for now.  :smile:

Caractacus said:
Not exactly, in fact the name was taking different form in term of geographic situation or languages in France (or even out of France), and it can become quit complex!  That's why i voluntary choose the more common and modernized version.  :wink:
Ok, but for immersion I prefer personally old names, and no more used names . Foulques or Chrétien or Guilhem are  nice names, we know them by history, and it place us directly in an old era..

All the surname i gave are real surnames of Minor Nobility that can be found in manuscript of the time. I wanted to avoid major or too famous nobles to steer clear of duplication or confusion with already existings lords in the game.

Ok I take mine in the most famous nobility and accurate to the era, but your choice is finally better on this point. Perhaps we can do a mix between our lists, your surnames my names :wink:

I didn't express myself clearly, "Guillaume" is and old name used at the time but it would/could have been spelled in many different way if the man named like this (or the scribe writting his name) is for example occitan ("Guilhelm") or even english-norman ("William").
It's the same name. And during the medieval era the "guillaume" version tend to became the more common at the detriment of others version in France.

That's why i selected this one.  :wink:

Hello,

Haven't touched warband in several years but i'm glad to see some oldies still active and updated. Seems only this and PoP are still going and i'm glad someone took up the mantle.

I'd like to ask if there is any future hope to see something like the custom commander mod integrated. Or basically something that lets me give army leadership to someone else mid battle.
I'm essentially new to the game and i'd rather start from the bottom as a random peasant, working with other armies, recruiting companions (Who i'd like to consider some might have army experience) but thats just for RP sake, i'd like to get good progress in the game before i start micro managing armies. I want to be in the thick of it and let someone else handle formations just like the ai does.

Regards

Raz

Still working on the Kingdom of Jerusalem edits. It's a pretty time consuming progress since I need to divide them up by hand into layers. But I'm making good progress and trying to keep everything in line so it all fits together.

Mythemind said:
Here are some Baltic names (a mix of Lithuanian and a few Latvian ones):
https://www.behindthename.com/names/gender/masculine/usage/baltic/origin/baltic

I don't think surnames were in use back then, for example we refer to our dukes only by their name and their dynasty (which in turn is derived from the name of famous duke in the family line).
Thank you.

DarkSlimus said:
Ok I take mine in the most famous nobility and accurate to the era, but your choice is finally better on this point. Perhaps we can do a mix between our lists, your surnames my names :wink:
I mixed both and excluded the duplicates.

RazgrizAC said:
Hello,

Haven't touched warband in several years but i'm glad to see some oldies still active and updated. Seems only this and PoP are still going and i'm glad someone took up the mantle.

I'd like to ask if there is any future hope to see something like the custom commander mod integrated. Or basically something that lets me give army leadership to someone else mid battle.
I'm essentially new to the game and i'd rather start from the bottom as a random peasant, working with other armies, recruiting companions (Who i'd like to consider some might have army experience) but thats just for RP sake, i'd like to get good progress in the game before i start micro managing armies. I want to be in the thick of it and let someone else handle formations just like the ai does.

Regards

Raz
I checked that mod and there's some interesting things in there. Maybe i add the feature you mentioned and the horse HP thing.

secretstamos said:
Still working on the Kingdom of Jerusalem edits. It's a pretty time consuming progress since I need to divide them up by hand into layers. But I'm making good progress and trying to keep everything in line so it all fits together.
Very good. I almost finishing implementing the lord killing and random creation feature. So far i have done:
1. Lords have a chance (30%) to be killed in battle (only on the world map or after battle though)
2. Every faction has a lord threshold. When their number of lords go below that, they will recruit a new one. The actual number is dependent on their amount of fiefs.
3. The created lords have randomly generated names, culture, equipment, age and personality.
4. Their names/equipment depend on their culture.
5. When a king is killed in battle, the lord of the faction with the highest renown will succeed him (player included).

Left to do:
1. Lord execution system (player/AI lords can execute captured lords).
2. Balance the items added by the CWE OSP.
3. Add the new CWE items to european and muslim troop trees.
4. Add the missing names and surnames.

Maybe i will add this in the next version after this:
1. Improved succession system (the son of the king succeed him, generated lords can bring their family members with them, allowing for succession when he dies, player can become king by marriage).
2. Random lady generation system (ladies can be killed or commit suicide (includes your wife)).
3. Random companion generation system (companions can be killed or executed) (this will be very cookie cutter though).

I found some Serbian surnames so you can complete the list:

Kings are from Nemanjić dinasty

Next lords ruled a century or more before 1257
Kačić
Višević
Vlastimirović
Vojislavljevića
Vukanovića
Zavidović

Next lords ruled after 1257
Altomanović
Balsići
Branković
Crnojević
Kosača
Lazarević
Ljubić
Vojinović

Common people surnames collected from various charters from that time
Bogdanović
Brajić
Desimirić
Dobromirović
Dukanović
Episkopović
Golozlović
Ilijić
Ivanović
Kaluđerović
Kovačević
Lazarević
Ljubišič
Martić
Piperović
Pobratović
Popović
Prahtorović
Prodanović
Radojević
Radonić
Radulović
Šavčić
Slavojević
Srezojević
Stanić
Veseljković

I would go with common people names as using famous surnames may sound fony (while common people surnames sound random :grin: )

What about names for ladies (mothers, sisters, wifes and daughters) of generated lords? Just an idea: If one lady don't have any live relatives then she could be replaced with (e.g) new sister which just did become adult. She can go to monastery for catholic and orthodox and remarry to rich trader for other religies and leave our story. Sounds nicer then suicide to me.

What is relation of this mod and Repolished. Is it still possible to just copy Repolished over EE to have best of both?

One minor thing I noticed, body sliding to one of your troops after your character gets knocked out defaults their heraldry to the unset hearldry. Their shield loses the colors of the army they were in, and instead becomes the default black/red pattern.

I finished the generation thing:
Added lord execution
Added lord assassination
Both the player and AI can the above.

Added new items and textures from modded 2x
Added tons of new LODs that shall help performance.
Added a new misc menu where various new settings can be modified.

Now the only things left is edit the CWE items and add them to troops.

bajaatan said:
I found some Serbian surnames so you can complete the list:

Kings are from Nemanjić dinasty

Next lords ruled a century or more before 1257
Kačić
Višević
Vlastimirović
Vojislavljevića
Vukanovića
Zavidović

Next lords ruled after 1257
Altomanović
Balsići
Branković
Crnojević
Kosača
Lazarević
Ljubić
Vojinović

Common people surnames collected from various charters from that time
Bogdanović
Brajić
Desimirić
Dobromirović
Dukanović
Episkopović
Golozlović
Ilijić
Ivanović
Kaluđerović
Kovačević
Lazarević
Ljubišič
Martić
Piperović
Pobratović
Popović
Prahtorović
Prodanović
Radojević
Radonić
Radulović
Šavčić
Slavojević
Srezojević
Stanić
Veseljković

I would go with common people names as using famous surnames may sound fony (while common people surnames sound random :grin: )

What about names for ladies (mothers, sisters, wifes and daughters) of generated lords? Just an idea: If one lady don't have any live relatives then she could be replaced with (e.g) new sister which just did become adult. She can go to monastery for catholic and orthodox and remarry to rich trader for other religies and leave our story. Sounds nicer then suicide to me.

What is relation of this mod and Repolished. Is it still possible to just copy Repolished over EE to have best of both?
It will work IF Repolished doesn't alter anything related to the .txt files. And thank you for the extra names. Now there's 26 names and 50 surnames for serbs which is quite enough.

secretstamos said:
One minor thing I noticed, body sliding to one of your troops after your character gets knocked out defaults their heraldry to the unset hearldry. Their shield loses the colors of the army they were in, and instead becomes the default black/red pattern.
Strange. The only thing i altered in the body sliding script was the line that excludes lords and companions from being possessed. I look into it.

Hi, first of all, many thanks for all your effort, it's really appreciated what you're doing with this mod

from v2.0 some bugs or inconsistences that I've found

• Asking others lords "Tell me more about the war with X" sometimes shows "Both sides have suffered (...), as a bid to extend control over all of Calradia"
  • Some displayed messages about town's sieges shows "Town/Castle X is no longer/is under siege by Kingdom of Bohemia", despite if it's really Bohemians who are involved or not
  • Weekly cost of your party change to random(?) numbers after a soldier is promoted. Closing the party window and opening it again fixes the error.
  • newAsking the constable about "prisoners & ransoms > I wish to exchange a prisoner" having none, get you stuck in the conversation screen (no exit/cancel option)

A small request:
Will be possible for you to add the tweak 28. Exchanging fiefs with lords?

How does assassination work? Is it a skill?

I hesitate to mention the Hashashin because of their overexaggeration in Assaasins Creed, but they would be a really cool sub-faction to include. They were made extinct by a mongol invasion into their Alamut territory in 1275, but time chronologically they were active in 1257.

They could probably be made with some of the muslim C:WtE gear. Realistically they probably didn't look very glamerous

sunmannus said:
Hi, first of all, many thanks for all your effort, it's really appreciated what you're doing with this mod

from v2.0 some bugs or inconsistences that I've found

• Asking others lords "Tell me more about the war with X" sometimes shows "Both sides have suffered (...), as a bid to extend control over all of Calradia"
  • Some displayed messages about town's sieges shows "Town/Castle X is no longer/is under siege by Kingdom of Bohemia", despite if it's really Bohemians who are involved or not
  • Weekly cost of your party change to random(?) numbers after a soldier is promoted. Closing the party window and opening it again fixes the error.

A small request:
Will be possible for you to add the tweak 28. Exchanging fiefs with lords?
1. Fixed here. It was two strings.
2 and 3. Looking into it.

secretstamos said:
How does assassination work? Is it a skill?

I hesitate to mention the Hashashin because of their overexaggeration in Assaasins Creed, but they would be a really cool sub-faction to include. They were made extinct by a mongol invasion into their Alamut territory in 1275, but time chronologically they were active in 1257.

They could probably be made with some of the muslim C:WtE gear. Realistically they probably didn't look very glamerous
No. You talk to your constable and he can arrange a assassination contract for you. The cost depends on the renown of the target. You pay 30% upfront and the rest IF the assassination is successful. You'll be notified when it takes place. If the target dies before the attempt takes place the assassination is cancelled and you don't need to pay the rest.

AI lords have a very small chance of being assassinated each day. The chance can be tweaked in the new menu i added. There's also a chance that they will find out who hired the assassins. If that is the case the two factions suffer a relation hit dependent on the lord's renown.

Sounds promising.

I've pretty much finished all the Kingdom of Jerusalem uniforms. I'm finishing up the various shield types and the remaining flags.

The one thing giving me trouble is the King of Jerusalem armor. It is simply too complex and detailed. I can think of a solution, but it will involve redoing a lot of things by hand.

Hospitallers? You mentioned them before. Which texture files did you need converted fron red to black?

Back
Top Bottom