Ways to Turn off Companion Likes/Dislikes

Users who are viewing this thread

This admittedly applies to mods as well.

But seriously, the companion likes and dislikes are my least favorite.  Frankly, I don't give a single little bit.  It actively spoils my enjoyment of the game to have to find ideal builds to have companions.  Frankly.  I'd far rather have a smaller number of well developed sorts that all get along and no others even available than have to futz around with figuring out a stable, well, stable of companions.

So seriously, is there a way, whether a cheat or mod or whatever that applies to all mods so I don't have to bother with companion likes and dislikes and won't need to worry about losing them?

Freelancer has it, I think its Diplomacy, easy. [Camp>PBOD Mod preferences>checklist Disable companion complaint]
mb1_zps7f3d113a.jpg

~It also has some cool options of AI Formations and special orders  :grin:~

TweakMB lets you do it for Native and some mods that are compatible.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,101731.0.html

MadVader said:
Or you could do a search and find the stable companion combos.
This is what I did for Native, but I've used TweakMB for my own personal mod to turn off companion interaction for the same reasons as the OP. Companion interaction isn't something I want to worry about as the game gets increasingly large and complex.

MadVader said:
Or you could do a search and find the stable companion combos.
10 Group.
Alayen, Ymira, Bunduk, Katrin, Rolf, Bashetur, Nizar, Matheld, Artimener and Borcha

8 Group without complains about killing innocents and looting.
Rolf, Bashetur, Nizar, Matheld, Artimener, Lezalit, Deshavi and Klethi

Honestly, I don't even play Vanilla anymore.  I played the heck out of it back in the day.  I'm pretty much just into the mods nowadays.  And some of them don't even have a published list of who is compatible with who, and even if there is?

Again.  I find it to be a silly, boring mechanic that more or less just punishes you.  It can be hard enough to find a good amount of companions (6-:cool: on some of the bigger mods - wandering for 30+ days from town to town and all.  Add in the issue of compatibility and suddenly you're looking at a monumental task indeed.

It doesn't 'punish' you -- not unless you enter it expecting that you're supposed to have all the companions. Companions are a significant advantage; the idea was 1) to make a cost to holding that number of companions, beyond just the cash you pay out, and 2) that it brings a bit more life to the game by providing personalities.

Not everybody's into that, of course. Personally, I get a chuckle out of it. I only tote around a half dozen companions or so, regardless.

Northcott said:
It doesn't 'punish' you -- not unless you enter it expecting that you're supposed to have all the companions. Companions are a significant advantage; the idea was 1) to make a cost to holding that number of companions, beyond just the cash you pay out, and 2) that it brings a bit more life to the game by providing personalities.

Not everybody's into that, of course. Personally, I get a chuckle out of it. I only tote around a half dozen companions or so, regardless.

Everyone has fun in different ways.  The punishment is trying to figure out the best stable.  Or not being able to have a set I like because they don't get along.  And yeah, they are an advantage.  But I'm not a super hardcore player either, I like having some people I can trust won't be killed.

dulahan said:
Everyone has fun in different ways.  The punishment is trying to figure out the best stable.  Or not being able to have a set I like because they don't get along.  And yeah, they are an advantage.  But I'm not a super hardcore player either, I like having some people I can trust won't be killed.

It's fairly easy if you look at it this way:

A groups:

A1:  Alayen, Baheshtur, Firentis
A2:  Marnid, Nizar, Katrin

B groups:

B1: Artimenner, Rolf, Matheld, Lezalit, Borcha
B2: Bunduk, Deshavi, Klethi, Ymira, Jeremus

Either A group will match well with either B group, but you cannot combine A1 + A2 or B1 + B2.

Back
Top Bottom