SP - General Ways to improve the game

Users who are viewing this thread

I think some of my ideas here could be implemented in a fairly simple way without going into too much detail if the developers are interested, So here goes.....

These 3 ideas that can be re-scripted....

• I think it is possible to double the militia and garrison size of towns and castles so the enemy do not take them over so easily. This can be done by cutting the food consumption of what each militia soldier consumes by 50%, probably by altering a few numbers somewhere in the script files.

• There are lots of bonuses and penalties that can be altered in the kingdom policies menu to balance the game. Again, this can be altered in the script files somewhere of where you can have bigger bonuses and penalties for certain policies. Or even create some more laws and policies that could balance the game out more as well.

• Make declaring war cost 2x, 3x or 4x more influence than it does now, as this can be one of the best deterrents from some factions getting steamrolled so early in the game.

This one will add some accent flavour to the troops that will complete....

• I think troops from different factions should have different accents, sounding all the same like as if they all come from England. The current accent is fine for the Vladians but not for the other factions. For example, the Aseri should have arab accents, the Sturgians to have eastern european accents, the empire to have Italian or Greek accents and the Khuzaits to have Mongolian accents.

Bandit factions to have a bigger role in the game....

• Teach the bandit factions to attack and infest local villages like they did in the original game, except they should attack and defeat the local militia first. The village will still belong to the major faction, it’s just temporary occupied until they are cleared out.

• When the loyalty level of a town or castle becomes low enough, I think both the garrison and militia armies in the town should rebel and “infest” the town. Like how the way bandit factions did to villages in warband, and switch sides to one of the bandit factions, but the town will still belong to the major faction. This is so whoever owns the town does not lose it completely, which could well cause an imbalance to the game.

Gang leaders to have a bigger role in the game too....

• Gang leaders in towns should also be able operate caravans across the map like artisans and merchants do since they are also running legitimate businesses as well, but will also be carrying different types of goods, legitimate or otherwise and also with different troop types such as thugs, mercenaries and bandits guarding them.

• I think when the security level of a town is low enough, which tells me in my opinion that a town is full of lawlessness and criminals. Is that the gang leaders will start to take advantage of this opportunity for this lack of law and order and start initiating street battles with the local garrison and militia until they eventually take over and "infest" the town with their own troop types such as thugs, mercenaries and bandits instead.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom