Ways to deal with the toxicity

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, since I am now playing more MP then Campaign I ve stumbled over the first seriously bad thing about this game: The community.

It is toxic like wtf.

<snip>

So smthg like an easy-access report-function or (even better) a permanent-mute/perma-ignore/perma-dont-match-me-with-this would be rly nice.
Yes this would make finding communicating teams in QM harder, but it will be even harder to find matches if people get annoyed out of the game by those trolls.

<as toxic as the community may be, please don't use inappropriate language even when quoting people>

Last edited by a moderator:
You could always trying growing up and not letting "mean words" from people you don't know and will never meet affect you in any way.

Literally just got top of the scoreboard in a skirmish match with like 14 kills, and had some toxic "DBAG" people whining about how them losing was my fault for like 3 rounds straight. I can imagine it's even worse if you can't do well. There's not really any way to handle the toxicity without some kind of reporting feature to automatically mute the scum.

Just find a clan that seems chill and queue with them so you dont have to play with dumb****s
100% agree. It isn't super fun playing MP rn as a pub. Unfortunately, this worries me as it will probably turn may new players that could have been interested in multiplayer away. It appears to already have done this with a massive decrease in queue size only a week after EA launch.

The trolls are a symptom of the problem not the problem. MP sucks ass so hard it makes me want to stab puppies.
Yea i think this is the main cause for people's toxicity. Fixing spawn points (especially on team deathmatch), and faction/class balance would go a long way.

Private / community non-official servers would also help

Literally just got top of the scoreboard in a skirmish match with like 14 kills, and had some toxic "DBAG" people whining about how them losing was my fault for like 3 rounds straight. I can imagine it's even worse if you can't do well. There's not really any way to handle the toxicity without some kind of reporting feature to automatically mute the scum.
A LOT of players do that. They can't handle the fact that MAYBE they just miscalculated or made a mistake so the never-ending blame game starts and never ends. That's pretty entertaining at times, but yea when you hear a kid screeching REEEEEEEE through his mic it can get annoying. :lol:

You need to grow a pair
No I dont. I play this for fun. Playing with homophobic or racist smallminds is no fun to me. I can neither see them as teamMATES, nor as worthy opponents I wanna compete with. So if I dont have a way to avoid these people I will stop playing this game in MP (and not just me). And that will not be my loss, but everybody's who would like a growing playerbase (which is also the sole factor for the game not being dropped by the devs).
turn off chat, its as easy as that, or ignore it.
A teamgame without a chat isnt working that well imho...
Welcome to Mount & Blade.
?
Or any online video game.
I play alot of different games these days (Corona and stuff gave me alot of free time from work) - and thats definetly not true for every game.
I think the only other game I remember having such a toxic community was Lol (which is the reason I havent played that one in ages).

Maybe it was just, that on my first day in the game's MP smbdy left open a box with trolls - but if this rly should be the way, the M&B-community usually is, I'll go back to other games for MP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom