Water in Bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

Do you think water aspect has changed in any way? I'm sure some battle scenes will have rivers or lakes so how troops behavior underwater will look like? Will it be like in Warband - just another type of surface with slower movement and hp losses or will there be proper swimming? Since ships have a big chance of being added by mod in multiplayer (like NeoGK did for Warband), would be amazing to have some spectacular destruction animations with players actually sinking, not just attracting to seabed and die...

I would be rather suprised if swimming was handled like it was in Warband. Not because swimming is a key game mechanic, but because TW is (likely) aiming for a consistent level of quality. And they have stressed how important immersion is to them.

Considering back then very few people knew how to swim, I would guess swimming is out of the question  :grin:

swim in full armor is a GoT-like only skill, so not allowed in normal Calradia. Unless you are playing Fantasy Calradia, then you can fly and swim at will  :mrgreen:

Im pretty sure they will add a swimming system but i think it wont be a problem for people if it will be like Warband.

What I think is going to happen:

They release at the start of the year 2018 the Mount & Blade: Bannerlord. Then at the next summer 6 months after the first release, they will release an expansion pack to Bannerlord: Mount & Blade: Bannerlord Naval battles. or "New world" Or something like that. And then you are able to swim and row a boat.

I don't think swimming is necessary, armies will be larger in bannerlord so your men, horses and wardonkeys will be able to drink lakes or rivers and then cross the valley  :dead:

They told, that they wanted not to make the walls breakable during battles to make historically accurate battles. So swimming should be added, because it is historically accurate thing:

"Swimming was initially one of the seven agilities of knights during the Middle Ages, including swimming with armor." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_swimming

They would start selling for the biggest fans the "Bannerlord water bottles"! It would be connected with USB  to the computer and then always when you drink from it, your army drinks also!

Harmi said:
They would start selling for the biggest fans the "Bannerlord water bottles"! It would be connected with USB  to the computer and then always when you drink from it, your army drinks also!
Excellent idea ahead of its time. The time in our glorious future when the NPCs can be used as sex robots as well.

Back
Top Bottom