Watchtowers or Outposts for trade routes and borders

Users who are viewing this thread

Watchtowers or outposts for trade routes and borders is the thing that we will see in bannerlord? If not, that would be both historical-wise(Roman "watchtowers" or its superior "Castra") and gameplay-wise(before you arrive on that location, your small garrison make delay the enemy activity and save time for reinforcements)  good. You can put some garrison there to secure and watch the area. This also adds small-sized sieges or battles and some visual variety(wooden watchtowers or wooden forts).

"buildable watchtowers or at the tier 2: (fort) idea" if a vassal or king build a watchtower in the near of the enemy border; this may cause suspect and worsen their relationship with the other kingdom at the same border, so it should be both buildable by its owners and destructible by its owners and enemies. In any case, no harm in build them across trade routes.

Would be a nice idea, ye, I like the idea of forces not being able to pass through like in eu4, but it should be small, as in real life you can easily just bypass a castle (see Henry V’s Agincourt campaign).

[SOTR] Roy said:
Captain Obvious said:
It is an interesting idea but perhaps a little late to implement something of such size as there would be need for quite a lot of rework.
I'm sure it could be added as a patch/update, without too many issues.

Perhaps, it is an interesting idea honestly, not sure how it would fully work because in part it would completely change how M&B works.

FBohler said:
Captain Obvious said:
it would completely change how M&B works.

I think this is the goal here.

Make the overworld map make a bit more sense, gameplay wise.

Yes and no. I see no problem with the current system + I think having areas where you couldn't access without owning a certain castle is a bit silly. Because you could move an army in real life around wherever you wished to and unless the local garrison/nearby army had enough manpower, they simply couldn't and wouldn't stop you.

Personally I wouldn't have a problem with allowing the AI garrison/local armies holding out to ride out and challenge nearby armies but I don't think you should be stopped going to a certain area.

I agree that it may look silly and unrealistic.

But I think it could work if well implemented. Being able to prevent enemies from passing through specific spots would enable for more grand strategic gameplay.

I wouldn't mind if this ability is limited by skills/standings/clan tier to prevent abuse.

FBohler said:

But I think it could work if well implemented. Being able to prevent enemies from passing through specific spots would enable for more grand strategic gameplay.

I wouldn't mind if this ability is limited by skills/standings/clan tier to prevent abuse.

I like the idea of more intervention from friendly armies as stated above. I don't like the idea of being blocked off from certain areas just because... you're at war? I see no reason for it and it is more of a hindrance than benefit. It works well in games such as eu4, but that is something far more more of the outer picture.

Captain Obvious said:
FBohler said:

I like the idea of more intervention from friendly armies as stated above. I don't like the idea of being blocked off from certain areas just because... you're at war? I see no reason for it and it is more of a hindrance than benefit. It works well in games such as eu4, but that is something far more more of the outer picture.

I don't see it as blocking the map as soon as you declare war. I see it as the ability to prevent or delay enemies to pass in some area. I think it generates a mandatory battle in the way, the winning side is able to pass.

"buildable watchtowers or at the tier 2: (fort) idea" if a vassal or king build a watchtower in the near of the enemy border; this may cause suspect and worsen their relationship with the other kingdom at the same border, so it should be both buildable by its owners and destructible by its owners and enemies. In any case, no harm in build them across trade routes.

Back
Top Bottom