Users who are viewing this thread

Right now I control Epicrotea and Mecalovea Castle. I strategically chose this spot for the bridges and narrow passes.
Personally I would love to be able to build a fort in front of a bridge forcing an enemies to attack to pass through but failing that at the very least the ability to place static troops guarding strategic locations. Watch towers at the edge of the borders would also be nice feature to allow for better warning when huge armies are passing through lands. Patrols are broken at the moment, I created a party and they were all over the map. As in previous versions allow for patrols to be assigned to specific locations. Obviously kingdom management needs to be fleshed out. No way to recruit and and train troops of your choice. Best thing is to look at kingdom management mods from warband and out do them

Summary:

- Ability to build forts to control strategic location (bridges, narrow passes)
- Ability to assign parties to hold position to guard strategic locations (bridges, narrow passes)
- Ability to build watch towers at the edge of borders to give a better warning when huge armies are passing though (We need the option for better notice when armies approach)
- Patrols need same functionality as warband (assign to patrol certain locations and also perhaps guard strategic locations as mentioned above)
- Kingdom management is lacking (recruit specific troops, train troops, better diplomacy, fief upgrades for villages, more economic options, etc)

For me it get boring late game to play complete conquest style games. I like to stay small, raiding, plundering & pillaging cities to keep things more interesting.
^^This play style requires strategic campaign options which are not currently available and some were not really available in warband either

Agreed, at least fix the patrols, give more control to the player and add the ability to hold certain tactical positions; make sure AI is patrolling efficiently.
Adding watchtowers should be easy work as well - require the use of some skill and perks; x number of troops/workers and a companion with engineer skill required to build it; requirement for some building materials; some time to build it; some money to pay for the work, maintenance and wages; ability for it to be destroyed or to be used by the enemy/neutral parties if they kill who is guarding it; ability to spot parties in a certain range or radius and deliver the information as a delayed (or not) report and/or as real time map spotting to you and/or clan/faction/allies who are in a reachable distance radius; additionally some resources could be stored there; visual and functionality variety depending on culture/factions/clans, tier/upgrades..

there were a lot of suggestions to build your own castle and so on.
in a post in the past they canceled to build your own things, just saying.

there were a lot of suggestions to build your own castle and so on.
in a post in the past they canceled to build your own things, just saying.
Well what about an option to assign a static party as watchtower or fort (gold required) and simply alter the scene if a battle is initiated?
The defending army would start in a small wooden palisade and the attacking army would need to climb ladders or something to get at them. No cumbersome additions to the world map is needed...

Back
Top Bottom