SP Fantasy Warsword Fantasy Battles Mod / Warsword Baptism open test version out now

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello there!

So, basically how long will the secret link remain secret? :grin: I want to play the new version :smile: I'm happy You're still working on this great mod.

I got one question though - is there any chance You could make an option to raze a captured castle/town?

P.S. I like the latest screens :smile:

Cheers!
S.

Sjel said:
Hello there!

So, basically how long will the secret link remain secret? :grin: I want to play the new version :smile: I'm happy You're still working on this great mod.

I got one question though - is there any chance You could make an option to raze a captured castle/town?

P.S. I like the latest screens :smile:

Cheers!
S.
Sir William the Brave said:
Why not change state troops gear to one like in Warsword Conquest? That would be awesome.
too late to change things like that, the 1st period of test is complete, mainly small things where incorrect
I would like to thank
dk3dknight : main tester
TheYoungBlackWolf : Suggestions and Ideas
Casserol Derp
bennnnnn
for their help
Sjel
the next stage is to complete the Amazonian sisterhood. quick test that and then release
do you mean you have flames on the map and then the map icon changes?

you1 said:
Sjel
the next stage is to complete the Amazonian sisterhood. quick test that and then release

I mean raze so that it disappeares from the map or remains ruins for ever and can't be rebuilt. Just so I can conquer the entire map without worrying about garrisoning troops and defending castles :smile:

Cheers!
S.

Sjel said:
you1 said:
Sjel

I mean raze so that it disappeares from the map or remains ruins for ever and can't be rebuilt. Just so I can conquer the entire map without worrying about garrisoning troops and defending castles :smile:

Cheers!
S.

Hey S

I must admit I never considered that as an option, certainly sometime to consider in the future,

in the test version which you may have already played, certain things where locked to make the testing of other things easier, in the next version I have unlocked all the features, this gives you the option to hire 13 generals which you can place in your towns and castles with a garrison, the general will guard or do other things for you, this gives you the option to move around the map freely, well there’s always a surprise so not totally free,

The manual I'm writing will explain all this, since the mod has options that need to be understood to really play the mod, testers have asked things that the manual explains in full, a must to read when playing the mod.

The generals have their own garrison, you have the option to build buildings that add to this, all the generals you hire will give you the option to swap troops and prisoners, this options is also given to your captains in your own army and free regiments this gives you a unlimited troop supply which you will need to conquer the map,

I find to have a better chance of been supremo ruler of the Warsword world is to conquer kingdoms close to your boarders instead of faraway across the map, since the other kingdom lords are now more hostile to you the player as are the other bandit and orc warbands that cause mayhem on the map

But rest assured you have a chance  :twisted:

I know it's probably too late, but I didn't find any knight's lance in previous version. It's somewhat against the lore not to have such weapon for Bretonnians or imperial templar knights:wink:

And the second thing is the issue with lords that You can hire as a ruler. Is it possible to group them according to player race to make things more realistic? It is somewhat ridicoulus when playing as an orc boss I can hire Morgan Bernhardt as my vassal.

Cheers

merikallio said:
I know it's probably too late, but I didn't find any knight's lance in previous version. It's somewhat against the lore not to have such weapon for Bretonnians or imperial templar knights:wink:

And the second thing is the issue with lords that You can hire as a ruler. Is it possible to group them according to player race to make things more realistic? It is somewhat ridicoulus when playing as an orc boss I can hire Morgan Bernhardt as my vassal.

Cheers

Merikallio
The mod is in a late to complete state: No more alterations will be made regarding
• Code
• Items
• Troops
The only things I have to complete is scenes and missions, there will be a test to make sure the missions aren’t too hard or easy.
The lance for the Bretonnian knights and other troops has been removed, after testing I concluded M & B didn’t use the weapon has it is intended.
When in use the game was boring, The Bretonnians just overkilled everything,
If you could have wooden steaks deployed in battles that would reduce the effect of the Knights,
The table top game uses table rules,
Regiment of grails would charge in formation in M & B this doesn’t happen, and then you have when the knight is dismounted, from memory that didn’t happen in the table top game.
I‘ve stated before the mod isn’t a total 100% reproduction of the table top game.
I’ve done things in line although a narrow line to keep the feeling of the table top game that’s all.
Your 2nd point
may not feel the issue with lords realistic, but your forgetting some of these characters weren’t even around at the same time, there just characters that players will be used to.
A another thing to consider is you have 13 factions, cultures, to do what you suggest would create 13 x 13 new lords with names banners etc.
Something I think at this time is not important.
The mod is not and will not be 100% realistic, it’s a fantasy mod.

you1 said:
merikallio said:

Cheers

Merikallio
The mod is in a late to complete state: No more alterations will be made regarding
• Code
• Items
• Troops
The only things I have to complete is scenes and missions, there will be a test to make sure the missions aren’t too hard or easy.
The lance for the Bretonnian knights and other troops has been removed, after testing I concluded M & B didn’t use the weapon has it is intended.
When in use the game was boring, The Bretonnians just overkilled everything,
If you could have wooden steaks deployed in battles that would reduce the effect of the Knights,
The table top game uses table rules,
Regiment of grails would charge in formation in M & B this doesn’t happen, and then you have when the knight is dismounted, from memory that didn’t happen in the table top game.
I‘ve stated before the mod isn’t a total 100% reproduction of the table top game.
I’ve done things in line although a narrow line to keep the feeling of the table top game that’s all.
Your 2nd point
may not feel the issue with lords realistic, but your forgetting some of these characters weren’t even around at the same time, there just characters that players will be used to.
A another thing to consider is you have 13 factions, cultures, to do what you suggest would create 13 x 13 new lords with names banners etc.
Something I think at this time is not important.
The mod is not and will not be 100% realistic, it’s a fantasy mod.

Knight without lance? Noooooooooo!​

You1,

Thanks for the answer. Surely, it's Your mod, Your vision and most of all, your hard work. Great job and keep it up. I am looking forward for the final release.

If I am complaining sometimes, that's because I am quite mature player (30 years old) and conservative warhammer fan since 1996 or so. And propably I am not the only one on this forum. Since there is no decent warhammer PC games on the market, expectations about Your mod are pretty high :wink:

And for me personally, the good fantasy universe is a universe with physical, cultural and historical realism and borderlines. In other worlds - magic, yes, but not too much magic. Undead and monsters,  yes, but not behind every corner etc.

Again, thanks for Your effort and waiting to play this mod. Good luck

merikallio said:
You1,

Thanks for the answer. Surely, it's Your mod, Your vision and most of all, your hard work. Great job and keep it up. I am looking forward for the final release.

If I am complaining sometimes, that's because I am quite mature player (30 years old) and conservative warhammer fan since 1996 or so. And propably I am not the only one on this forum. Since there is no decent warhammer PC games on the market, expectations about Your mod are pretty high :wink:

And for me personally, the good fantasy universe is a universe with physical, cultural and historical realism and borderlines. In other worlds - magic, yes, but not too much magic. Undead and monsters,  yes, but not behind every corner etc.

Again, thanks for Your effort and waiting to play this mod. Good luck
Thks for your comments.
I've been away from the mod for some time real life and work, back now
I've listen to the knight issue, I've re visited this with some changes regarding battles and sieges the knights have lances that's all factions, but I won't hide the fact M & B doesn't use the lance correctly.
The knights don't use the lance in sieges and are reduced in battles for their use, but there in, a compromise.
FinnishKnight said:
Many lords are nekkid  :shock:
not sure what you mean?

I mean't that many human lords dont have any clothes on, wehn they are in castles and towns

FinnishKnight said:
I mean't that many human lords dont have any clothes on, wehn they are in castles and towns

Hi
I believe your discussing the test version which was a beta
The next version is the full version which is in its final release test, many things where not enabled in the test version since it wasn't really for public release but I was asked my many if I could put it out to the players to experience,
The none clothes for the lords has been fixed.

I now know what a woman means when you she needs accessories
While testing the sisterhood armours I’m need to add a lower leg armour (shoes) and hat (helmet) maybe bag (shield) to complete the look.
The helmet:
sisterhood_helm_zps666d6636.jpg

sisterhood_light_plate_zps637e3251.jpg

sisterhood_light_plate1_zpsbb4af87e.jpg

sisterhood_light_plate2_zps020e224a.jpg

Xufrut said:
Why the marauder mutant hasn't got any mutation?

Hi
When del formed the chaos troop tree, players asked for the different branches of chaos, the
Marauder mutant gives the branches for warrior of khorne and nurgle warrior,
This upgrades to

Warrior of khorne, khorne chaos knight, then to khorne chosen warrior.
Nurgle warrior, nurgle chaos knight, then to nurgle chosen warrior.
A simple way to introduce the other chaos factions.
I haven’t looked at the chaos troop tree so it’s been like this since the 1
stWarsword module
All I’ve added is LOD’s to ease the performance drain on these high face models.
Hope that explains.

Back
Top Bottom