SP Fantasy Warsword Fantasy Battles Mod / Warsword Baptism open test version out now

Users who are viewing this thread

Thanks,
I meant to send you a message yesterday as well, as a reply, but the forum suddenly started to get backup,
and I could not send the message, so I went to sleep instead.

Thankfully saved the message so I wouldn't have to retype it.

:smile:

just finished the dwarf mount

un textured model
Dwarf_bear_4_zpsbcf80f19.jpg

(skinned)textured model
Dwarf_bear_1_zps2bf6674e.jpg

Dwarf_bear_2_zps3183142a.jpg

Dwarf_bear_3_zps72ad7e7c.jpg

dk3dknight said:
That looks sexy  :shock:

Cant wait to see it on the battlegrounds.
thks
heres pics while I've been testing the dwarf mount, will be handing it over to the testers shortly

mb3-2_zpsb8887470.png

mb1-4_zps70bcd560.png

It looked sexy at first but those teeth..... deal breaker. I'm not sure if this creature is linked to warhammer lore (which i know none of) but maybe go for saber tooth cat  instead of the entire row of teeth sticking out.

I agree, this creature doesn't fit. Let's be purists - no mounts for Dwarves. They are underground race!!! Let's force players to chose different styles of gameplay - i.e dwarves have toughness and firearms and Bretonnia has cavalry army etc.

Maybe You can make some bear mount for Kislevites (Ursun god) or rhinoceros for ogres :twisted:

In my games dwarfs usually wage war against everybody else (Silvania, the Empire, Orks, Wood Elfs, Bretonia) and they always end up conquering new castles (AI vs AI battles). If they get cavalry boost... I don't know.  :sad:

merikallio said:
I agree, this creature doesn't fit. Let's be purists - no mounts for Dwarves. They are underground race!!! Let's force players to chose different styles of gameplay - i.e dwarves have toughness and firearms and Bretonnia has cavalry army etc.

Maybe You can make some bear mount for Kislevites (Ursun god) or rhinoceros for ogres :twisted:
previous posts

mb69copy-1.jpg

mb28-3.jpg

sabarino-1.jpg

mb42-4.jpg

deutrino said:
In my games dwarfs usually wage war against everybody else (Silvania, the Empire, Orks, Wood Elfs, Bretonia) and they always end up conquering new castles (AI vs AI battles). If they get cavalry boost... I don't know.  :sad:

I’m having to excurse the comments on Warsword, Warsword baptism not been purist enough to the lore of warhammer,
I appreciate there’s 202 pages of views, you would have to read through to understand the world of Warsword, but let’s look at page 1, the very 1st page yes number 1
Del has gone to great lengths to explain
Warsword is a mod based on Warhammer fantasy battles game by Games Workshop.
This is total conversion of the original Mount & Blade, and it will not work on Warbands.
Warsword has no intention to try and copy warhammer, the mod has many things that are different than the warhammer world, which is mainly a table top world, not a real time RPG adventure game,
The skaven in Warsword are very different to the table top, yet players enjoy playing them,
The ratling gunner is different, the over use of blackpowder troops is to balance the faction which is very easy to beat, this faction could do with a mount also,

The Table top battles are between two sides, Warsword you have including yourself the player 13 different cultures with their own troop types fighting it out to be the outright winner.

There’s been many views on Warsword not been true to the lore, 1 comment was orc archers,
Not been correct, but in the test version no one commented on this, why because in a real time battle archers are must, it doesn’t matter whether your elven bowmen or a Bretonnian longbow man, every army in history had some form of skirmisher, to stand off and pepper the foe,
The Greeks who where a great infantry nation had the phalanx, it took Alexander the great to introduce basic cavalry to change the battlefield tactics of the day, which the Persians never adapted to and lost,
The introduction of the dwarf mount has done just that , Many a battle the Dwarfs where out flanked by speed and cut down, the Chaos knights where very good at this, the Dwarf mounted slayer balances this and makes the dwarf a greater challenge,

I have no loyalty to any of the 12 cultures in Warsword, I look to make the game player able and enjoyable which means a challenge; they are other mods out there that stick to the lore.
Warsword never started out to do this and will continue in this direction

Nowhere in this mod does it say its Warhammer Warsword  :wink:

I see this as a based but expanded on universe and in itself its a alternative universe,
where events are yet to be determined, great battles never fought, great victories never happened,
great loses haven't been written yet, and yet a Great War shall ravage the lands.

Will you join a lord to unite the lands, or will you bring chaos onto it and declare yourself ruler of the world.

Who are you? 

See this remains the biggest factor, the player, never written about in lore, never documented, never rewarded,
a unknown that will in some way forever change (your) meta world.

And so it begins...

I look forward to your next update you1, for you the world creator, the wordsmith, the designer we all look up to you, and stand ready to shed blood on your virtual battle field, and claim our own piece of the world.

-Chris Cantrell

you1 said:
deutrino said:

I’m having to excurse the comments on Warsword, Warsword baptism not been purist enough to the lore of warhammer,
I appreciate there’s 202 pages of views, you would have to read through to understand the world of Warsword, but let’s look at page 1, the very 1st page yes number 1
This is total conversion of the original Mount & Blade, and it will not work on Warbands.
Warsword has no intention to try and copy warhammer, the mod has many things that are different than the warhammer world, which is mainly a table top world, not a real time RPG adventure game,
The skaven in Warsword are very different to the table top, yet players enjoy playing them,
The ratling gunner is different, the over use of blackpowder troops is to balance the faction which is very easy to beat, this faction could do with a mount also,

The Table top battles are between two sides, Warsword you have including yourself the player 13 different cultures with their own troop types fighting it out to be the outright winner.

There’s been many views on Warsword not been true to the lore, 1 comment was orc archers,
Not been correct, but in the test version no one commented on this, why because in a real time battle archers are must, it doesn’t matter whether your elven bowmen or a Bretonnian longbow man, every army in history had some form of skirmisher, to stand off and pepper the foe,
The Greeks who where a great infantry nation had the phalanx, it took Alexander the great to introduce basic cavalry to change the battlefield tactics of the day, which the Persians never adapted to and lost,
The introduction of the dwarf mount has done just that , Many a battle the Dwarfs where out flanked by speed and cut down, the Chaos knights where very good at this, the Dwarf mounted slayer balances this and makes the dwarf a greater challenge,

I have no loyalty to any of the 12 cultures in Warsword, I look to make the game player able and enjoyable which means a challenge; they are other mods out there that stick to the lore.

May be my limited knowledge of English failed me. I will try to explain it better this time.
I don't play tabletop games.
I don't know what the rules are.
I don't know much about the lore.
I enjoy the grim, dark feeling in Warhammer, and this is all.

When I have played "Warsword Release 2 update2" (the previous version of this mod), I have noticed that Lizardmen are unusually strong and they beat all other factions. I thought that this is intentional, so I have never mentioned it.

In this release "Warsword Baptism" (the version that is currently available) Lizardmen are average faction, and they are no longer overpowered. The Dwarvs are overpowered even if they don't have cavalry. They are at war with several factions simultaneously, and they are always victorious.

May be I am the only one who have this impression, I don't know.
I thought that you may want to know this, before the next version is released. In any case it was never my intention to impose my own ideas on anybody. Stay safe.

deutrino said:
you1 said:
deutrino said:

May be my limited knowledge of English failed me. I will try to explain it better this time.

When I have played "Warsword Release 2 update2" (the previous version of this mod), I have noticed that Lizardmen are unusually strong and they beat all other factions. I thought that this is intentional, so I have never mentioned it.

In this release "Warsword Baptism" (the version that is currently available) Lizardmen are average faction, and they are no longer overpowered. The Dwarvs are overpowered even if they don't have cavalry. They are at war with several factions simultaneously, and they are always victorious.

I thought that you may want to know this, before the next version is released. In any case it was never my intention to impose my own ideas on anybody. Stay safe.

Im sorry good chap,
to answer your question,
I just checked and that issue,
doesn't seem to occur anymore.

But I will keep a look out for it.

The last version that you1 handed out
to testers has the dwarfs only declare
war on who you would expect them to.

But as always everything can change.

:grin:

I think giving dwarfs Calvary will balance
them, this way they won't take so many
gun units to the battlefield.

I haven't taken my sword to dwarfs yet,
I am still perfecting my army.

Waiting to strike MUHAHAHA!..  cough weez.

Anyway have a great day,
Cheers -dk3dknight

dk3dknight said:

Let me be a little bit more specific:
It is not so much about their stats, because they are supposed to be very strong in melee. I don't know how the AI calculates the outcome of the battles (troops level may be?), but they never lose castles, and once they conquer one I have never seen the other factions to take it back. The worst thing that can happend to dwarves is that they don't expand. (Silvania holds their ground; Orcs are usually smashed.)

May be this is not because they are "overpowered", but because of their nice secluded location on the world map? I usually play only for the first 100-200 days, so I don't know how the situation changes in the latter stages of the game, once they are spread too much.
I hope this will help you in your testing.  :grin:
----------------
Damn, I can't wait to play the next version!

deutrino said:
you1 said:
deutrino said:

I'm having to excuse the comments on Warsword, Warsword baptism not been purist enough to the lore of warhammer,
I appreciate there's 202 pages of views, you would have to read through to understand the world of Warsword, but let's look at page 1, the very 1st page yes number 1

There's been many views on Warsword not been true to the lore, 1 comment was orc archers,

hi
The lizardmen haven't been changed in any great detail, the only explanation i can give is that many testers and players have said that the cultures,  factions act very differently in each new game they start, this may explain the differing views players have on a faction, dwarf strong, dwarf average, I've changed the way some lords act with each other, the troop amounts each lord is given, this may go some way to explain how each game is different in the world of warsword.
which I have always tried to do make each and every game different, every action you take, changes an action by 1 of the other 12 factions, a very unpredictable cruel world, where only the strong, wise survive
I could do with another tester who like yourself has found this , maybe you would like to be 1 of the testers?

deutrino said:
dk3dknight said:

Let me be a little bit more specific:
It is not so much about their stats, because they are supposed to be very strong in melee. I don't know how the AI calculates the outcome of the battles (troops level may be?), but they never lose castles, and once they conquer one I have never seen the other factions to take it back. The worst thing that can happend to dwarves is that they don't expand. (Silvania holds their ground; Orcs are usually smashed.)

May be this is not because they are "overpowered", but because of their nice secluded location on the world map? I usually play only for the first 100-200 days, so I don't know how the situation changes in the latter stages of the game, once they are spread too much.
I hope this will help you in your testing.  :grin:
----------------
Damn, I can't wait to play the next version!

yes your correct, the spread of the map helps the lizardmen, something I've tried to alter, similar to the dark elves, both in a very strong position, which makes them the lest attacked both by player and the AI,
yet if your playing as your own kingdom which the next version is geared on you can't allow this to happen wait to long ***** around and you'll find taking the map very hard, if near in-possible,
You've got to strike when the irons hot or your Warsword will be smashed into forgotten fragments.

noniac said:
when are you going to make the new version public?
hi
still under test.

To try and increase the affects on the lizardmen and Highelves, darkelves I've added extra horde parties to these regions of the map
horde 1 is made up of demons
horde 2 is the sisterhood
Something I forgot to include, I apologize to the Female players, the female character is now the sisterhood, some real tough woman here.
Something I'm toying with, should I add the sisterhood has a faction, with their own recruitment buildings etc?
also extra orc warbands, mean chaps these.
This will I hope keep the local lords busy fending off these parties, also of course in the early stage of your campaign you would be wise to avoid these parties and keep to the Nose and looters, Thats if you've got a small WARSWORD :smile:

Many players ask, Will my  system be to slow to run Warsword Baptism "Birth of a Kingdom" is the new version Ref name.

In response I've try to improve the graphic look without increasing the face number in a 3D model
To players who don't understand a 3D model, the face count is the number of triangle's a model is made of.
the more faces the greater work is put on a PC system,
To shown what I 've done to increase the graphic look without putting extra load on your PC's
I show two pics
Pic 1 is the old elfbarbutte with 128 faces
something I found to plain
elfbarbutte_old_zps4cb7e970.jpg

Pic 2 is same Model with 128 faces with a new skin put on

elfbarbutte_zps7f9bdf69.jpg

showing you can increase graphic detail without affecting PC speed

Sir William the Brave said:
You1, you should remove the battle formation. It's kind of pointless, and it makes the game runs better too!

1st why, its really cool of course I guess it doesn't work well if you have small army cap.

To be honest I prefer some of the tactical formations the AI sometimes uses for this, such as the 360 shield wall with slow advance, breaking out into multiple formations, or some of the crazier bait and switch tactics.

Ive also noticed the tactics seem to change based on who is commanding the AI, which the game gives you a confirmation of the elimination of the enemy force commander and who is now in command.

I admit I don't use it so much for my own troops, I usually just go for straight lines and massive archer lines with infantry lines in front at lower elevation and cavalry on the flank.

Of course some enemies apparently have no tactical skill and use less useful strategies.

Just my thoughts, oh and what performance loss are you getting, I haven't noticed any performance lost compared to other mods.  Of course I have my army setup to 86 or so I think.  If your computer is struggling with dx9 you might consider taking the dx7 nose dive you will get much better performance, at least in my experience.  *I took the dx7 nose dive double the frame rate is nice*

Well Cheers Sir William the Brave,
And hope to speak to you again,
Have a nice day :smile:,
Chris

dk3dknight said:
Sir William the Brave said:
You1, you should remove the battle formation. It's kind of pointless, and it makes the game runs better too!

1st why, its really cool of course I guess it doesn't work well if you have small army cap.

To be honest I prefer some of the tactical formations the AI sometimes uses for this, such as the 360 shield wall with slow advance, breaking out into multiple formations, or some of the crazier bait and switch tactics.

Ive also noticed the tactics seem to change based on who is commanding the AI, which the game gives you a confirmation of the elimination of the enemy force commander and who is now in command.

I admit I don't use it so much for my own troops, I usually just go for straight lines and massive archer lines with infantry lines in front at lower elevation and cavalry on the flank.

Of course some enemies apparently have no tactical skill and use less useful strategies.

Just my thoughts, oh and what performance loss are you getting, I haven't noticed any performance lost compared to other mods.  Of course I have my army setup to 86 or so I think.  If your computer is struggling with dx9 you might consider taking the dx7 nose dive you will get much better performance, at least in my experience.  *I took the dx7 nose dive double the frame rate is nice*

Well Cheers Sir William the Brave,
And hope to speak to you again,
Have a nice day :smile:,
Chris
I don't know, Chris. But somehow whenever I battle in this mod even with smallest number of troops. It tends to crash. I do like the formation but perhaps it should be like follow the standard bearer like in the Eagle and Radiant cross mod. Don't you think?

Crashes?

Wow I haven't had that happen, (correction 3 times none in battle see * notice bellow for explanation.) did you backup Mount and blades data folder and then take the warsword data folder and copy into mount and blades root folder?

Are you using mount and blade enhanced?

* 1st two crashes were a missing file which I told you1 about.
* 3rd crash was my own stupidy of trying to run the game without ANY data folder cause I deleted the previous root Data folder as part of installing a new test version.  :shock:

What kind of frame rate do you get in towns, and battles?

Back
Top Bottom