SP Fantasy Warsword Fantasy Battles Mod / Warsword Baptism open test version out now

Users who are viewing this thread

LordRaglan said:
*runs around the room cheering, then settles down to actually play it*

well done. A long anticipated release, i look forward to spending as many hours on this as i ever did before.

edit; okay, just tried to play it, and it looks fab, but as soon as i get to a battle my game crashes. Does this need to be installed over an old install? or is it just the file i downloaded?

I had no time to pathfind the upload and test  if its OK, so theres likely to be a bug or two,

I've just downloaded the file and install it ,the game ran OK 1st time, will continue to test the battles.
Battles rely on the Data folder being changed

The data folder is included with the rar file
The menu where you are given gold was a testing thing, not sure why you would want to go back and back again in that menu?
will remove the gold add gold in character build menu.
the skeletons for the undead are from the OSP Barf pack, which were added late, but didn't show any issues, will go through the whole undead army structure.
Pls remember the Data folder change,
I know it causes a lot of CTD if it hasn't been changed
Read the manual for help if needed

Myrmidia bug
CTD if you try to enter in Myrmidia building

RGL ERROR
get_object failed for: pic_you1_sinl

Tested 5 times

The Data folder change was the first thing i did, so no problems there...

EDIT: -Also, my problem was with a Skeletons bandit group, those led by a Fallen Knight, didn't try anything with Sylvania.

Ettore53 said:
Myrmidia bug
CTD if you try to enter in Myrmidia building

RGL ERROR
get_object failed for: pic_you1_sinl

Tested 5 times

I would stop playing I just tested some of the buildings seems that the _ hasn't been passed or coded in the .rar file
should read
"mesh_pic_you1_sun_1"),In all the testing and previous test module it was ok
can you check if the texture file has kept the correct name "pic_you1_sun_1"

I'll upload another file and check before I put up the link
sorry about that bit of a pain all round
:???:

yeah, i'd changed the data folder as well. Just wasn't sure if it only included a few changed files and thus needed to be extracted over the old 2.2 version one or not.

As it is, i have a completely clean instal of mount and blade, with it in the correct mods subfolder, and i then cut and pasted the data folder to where it should be.

But if you say there is a problem with some file names, that might well have something to do with it. I'll try again though, might just have been my system i guess (it is a new laptop, and i've played warband previously, but not the original mount and blade yet)

LordRaglan said:
yeah, i'd changed the data folder as well. Just wasn't sure if it only included a few changed files and thus needed to be extracted over the old 2.2 version one or not.

As it is, i have a completely clean instal of mount and blade, with it in the correct mods subfolder, and i then cut and pasted the data folder to where it should be.

But if you say there is a problem with some file names, that might well have something to do with it. I'll try again though, might just have been my system i guess (it is a new laptop, and i've played warband previously, but not the original mount and blade yet)

If you wish to carry on playing and get a feel that's great, the issue with sun_1 was the mesh was missing,I've looked at the undead army and found some odd code at the end of some of the troops, something i never altered,,
I'm just testing some large battles,
If people don't mind if you continue and find a bug I'll try and fix it,
but I'm taking down the link, until I've re gone through all the new stuff since the last test module.

i've tried again a couple of times, first time i got a frozen game when i tried to recruit some ogres (and then everything just went to desktop, didn't even get the usual 'mount and blade has stopped working') the second time i tried to make a new character and got a crash to desktop liturally seconds after the map loaded up. They all seem reasonably unrelated to me, though i'll grant i have no real idea.

Well I've completely removed the barf skeletons, and have had no issues with CTD ,just done a long siege v 400+ undead and ran through the siege OK.
The sun_1  was a miss spelt text in mesh.py
will carry on playing, to test all is back to been fine again
The good thing is the module was OK without the barf skeleton in, this was what was tested at length, its likely the skeleton has different data or movement causing the CTD.
I'm surprised at the ogres, even with the issue with the skeletons I've had no issues with them, but will check.

ThaneWulfgharn said:
Instead of updating the 1.011 "Fantasy Battles" version why don't you update the Warband "Conquest" version?

Because warband is being worked on by Del and other team members.
I was thinking of doing another mod based on just three fantasy factions Bretonnia, undead and the orcs this would be based on warband or FS.
with this mod, the on map buildings would be in the towns and castles, bit like the town menu, with recruit from chapel of waaagh!
with three factions i could give the same amount of time to each faction, only a Fort at the moment, although I've looked at the town menu,Chaos would be the outlaws, looters etc

[quote hey uhh...what's a barf skeleton, exactly?[/quote]
Barf skeleton is the model pack used for warband its an OSP kit, del used it for the tomb kings

Duma said:
i getting to many errors what hapened
Read the previous posts, I took down the link because the Barf skeleton model was causing errors, not a fault with the models, just that I added them late and didn't give them much testing,.
I've now replaced them with the original models and textures and up to now I haven't had an issue, but I won't release until I'm fully happy with the game running as it should,
its a pain i know, but Testing at the moment is between family life, which always comes at the top of my list.
but if someone has the time I'll make the download available to them.
Just post me, with the system specks and OS your using ie XP or windows 7

Back
Top Bottom