SP Fantasy Warsword Fantasy Battles Mod / Warsword Baptism open test version out now

Users who are viewing this thread

Well maybe give them a dagger as shield so it's like dualwielding?

Also, I next release, could you include custom battles? So we'd get to test balance better.

I have seen a nightrunner take down three brettonian men at arms before being lanced by me :grin:. That might have been a fluke on there part however because most of the time they just die to easily, using a dagger as a shield would be a good idea it works in other mods but make sure you only make it effective in close combat (small size around 25-50) as if it too large arrows stick out of mid air and it just generally does not look cool. When will this next patch be available?

Kazzan said:
Well maybe give them a dagger as shield so it's like dualwielding?

Also, I next release, could you include custom battles? So we'd get to test balance better.
There is actually an item set in Sword Song( a Dark Ages mod) that has a dual short swords. The off-hand shortsword is actually a weak stat shield but modelled as a weapon, it looks very good as I recall. I thought about it here a while back when I was playing my Dark Elf character. It would be very cool for the Witch Elves, but could apply to other troops as well.

Yujin said:
jnecros said:
After the battle for graelings, the Baron von Barky betrays his skaven scourge masters, seizes the city for himself, and smashes through the chaos lines to reach the relative safety of a dwarven campaign convoy. Thankfully, the stout folk offer protection from the howling horde at the price of fidelity. 

You are fighting women. Who would give fame for this? :razz:

GR8 screen shot, like the mount ,surprisingly goes well with the chaos stuff

Foesto, the second patch should still fix the firearm issue as it has the same itemkinds.txt in it with the changes.

The dual weilding idea sounds excellent, I was wondering on wednesday whether it could be possible on M&B as I have a mod on Morrowind I am currently playing which does the same thing.

jnecros said:
the skaven runners die, or at least mine die a lot. Their killing power is pretty good, but they really go down very fast against troops with longer weapons in melee. I always imagine that they used the extra blade to parry, and their speed to close the gap with foes, ****ing them up with close blade work. As it stands now, they fall pretty fast when facing cheap spearmen,. or at least mine do.

Nightrunners aren't that heavily upgraded, remember.  To boot, they have no shields, so their defense is ... not great.  I suggest that you either:

A) Go kill some wood elf hunting parties that are carrying Eshin Assassins  and such as prisoners

B) Create a separate battle group for them

I've actually done both, and they're working very well.  I simply use my Nurgle (Chosen) Chaos Warriors to break the enemy's front lines, then have my Eshin Assassins and such rush one side while my Nurgle Chaos Knights rush the other.

With a pure Skaven army, the equivalent would be something like having Storm Vermin et. al. in one battle group and your Gutter Runners, Nightrunners, Black Skaven, Eshin Assassins, and whatever the final tier is (unless my memory's bad and Eshin Assassin is the final tier) in another.  Use the heavily armored, shield wielding units to charge headlong into the enemy's main block, then charge the assassins and such into their flank.  They usually don't turn towards the assassins until it's too late.

yeah dual weilding is necissary for this mod, more than a few troop types need it, like wardancers, witch elves, and there are more than a few more.

okay, one thing i've noticed is that the flags are all messed up. when it comes to picking your own, you don't always get teh same flag you chose. Some flags change somehow. Not all of them but some.

Also, some of the flags seem to have really good quality while others are rather poor, i've checked the dds files, and they are all beautifully made, so no idea why some of them end up rubish while others don't.

Now a serious question, because i'm rather struggling with it. How on earth do i get my men to do what i want? seriously, the people i fight all have lovely neat units, and so forth etc etc. But my army seems to decide to just hug the side i enter from. If i press F3 they charge, but its rather annoying doing that every battle. I think i'm doing something wrong... :sad:

i managed to find an option to appoint vangard and rearguard captains, but they don't have any men....

?

I noted that top imperial helms are  darker them armour, more, their design is rather poor and are weak(Bretonnian, chaos, elven helms are much better) As empire has some of the best armour (beatiful too) in game that seems stranger.

Probably cause  is that,  imperial and bretonnian armour are much more shining  then helms. Alone helm that is good with imperial plate armours or meteor ones is dragon high elf helm. Esthetic is not so important for a good mod, but it helps. If you need ideas for knight imperial helms  (the bretonnian and most others here are already very good) give a look at Call of warhammer TW mod.
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1377

I would love to know why the hell game crashes when skaven/goblin/bloodletter dies/goes unconsious and WHY I cant HIT them And is there patch/fix for this somewhere in 134 pages?

From the opening post:

del said:
To install new races

This is a mod for the original Mount & Blade "ONLY"

To get the special races working properly you have to do the following

open program files and then Mount&Blade folder.

Move The Original folder called "data" in Program Files\Mount&Blade to somewhere safe DO NOT detele as you will not be able to play other Mods or native.

Move the folder in Mount&Blade\Modules\warsword called "data" to Program Files\Mount&Blade .

PLAY and Enjoy

You will have to change the data folders over again to play other mods or native .

or use iron launcher http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1501

Read the whole opening post before asking questions next time, please.

I have been playing Warband for a couple of days, and is great, Please release Warsword for Warband in a future version!  :smile:

You were talking about implementing dual wield before, well my friend is convinced that there is a dagger you block with already in warsword. He says he got it when he started out a vampire character. I tried to tell him that it was not implemented but he was adamant that it was. I'm confused is there one that you block with?

Back
Top Bottom