SP Fantasy Warsword Fantasy Battles Mod / Warsword Baptism open test version out now

Users who are viewing this thread

clant said:
It looked sexy at first but those teeth..... deal breaker. I'm not sure if this creature is linked to warhammer lore (which i know none of) but maybe go for saber tooth cat  instead of the entire row of teeth sticking out.

Reading your post, this pic shows the ogre mounts size in relation to a human character
Azzazzem translation in Orc, Ogre is assassin, with its sharp saber-toothed teeth

mb5-5_zps96d38163.jpg
Sir William the Brave said:
You1, you should remove the battle formation. It's kind of pointless, and it makes the game runs better too!

I've being testing the formation code while the testers have their time with the next version, while I'm on the subject of testers  I would like to say thankyou to all of them great work.
The formation code is an OSP pack, put in right at the start of Warsword by Del, OSP are good to a point, and you have to integrate them into your mod, not always a simple task.

1 reason I don't like altering them, you don't know when paths the code you change, change in the code,
But that said I've changed it, the main obstacle is cavalry, the AI infantry and rightly so won't attack mounted troops, they form a square and wait, the issue here is, if you've got a musket crossbow or pistol type weapon you can just pick them off,
So I've changed it, I'll test it to see if the AI is playable, but like in most games once you see a pattern form it’s easy to beat,
But I'll see what happens that is all I can do, I find by turning it off battles are better and quicker
I won't at this point remove it, because some players like it, the simple thing to do is just turn it off if it starts to anoy you, like I do

dk3dknight said:
Crashes?

Wow I haven't had that happen, (correction 3 times none in battle see * notice bellow for explanation.) did you backup Mount and blades data folder and then take the warsword data folder and copy into mount and blades root folder?

Are you using mount and blade enhanced?

* 1st two crashes were a missing file which I told you1 about.
* 3rd crash was my own stupidy of trying to run the game without ANY data folder cause I deleted the previous root Data folder as part of installing a new test version.  :shock:

What kind of frame rate do you get in towns, and battles?
Enhance at it's finest! Also how do I view framerate?
By the way do you know how to make ale and wine consumable? Just asking.

dk3dknight said:
Crashes?

Wow I haven't had that happen, (correction 3 times none in battle see * notice bellow for explanation.) did you backup Mount and blades data folder and then take the warsword data folder and copy into mount and blades root folder?

Are you using mount and blade enhanced?

* 1st two crashes were a missing file which I told you1 about.
* 3rd crash was my own stupidy of trying to run the game without ANY data folder cause I deleted the previous root Data folder as part of installing a new test version.  :shock:

What kind of frame rate do you get in towns, and battles?
Enhance at it's finest! Also how do I view framerate?
By the way do you know how to make ale and wine consumable? Just asking.

Open up the Mount and blade launcher
Hit Configure
Under the Video tab under Render options there are
check boxes one of them says Show Frame rate,
Check it and press okay, now while your playing your
fps is displayed in the left right corner of your screen.

I imagine someone modified the ale and wine to make them
consumable, that's probably a question for you1 though.

Oh a little test compare what happens when you run the mod in dx9 and dx7
and report the one you have the least issues with.

To switch render modes in the Mound and blade Launcher go to configure
Under the video tab you should see Render Method, in the drop down box
There are two options in the drop down box
DirectX 7
DirectX 9

9 is prettier then 7, but 7 is easier to render.

Cheers :smile:

Hi dk3dknight
Thks some gr8 testing

"I imagine someone modified the ale and wine to make them
consumable, that's probably a question for you1 though."
All the food stuffs, wine oil, and ale etc. are consumable, if you mean their eaten, in the next version all food stuffs, wine oil, and ale etc. are a bonus with the consumed time being made faster, stops players just sitting in camp hiding from all the bad guys after you, if you do this your food and drink supplies run out very quickly, with your troops leaving, since your morale diminishes fast.

Your best Tactic is “Keep moving forward”
Grail knight at the gates of Malogar

you1 said:
Hi dk3dknight
Thks some gr8 testing

All the food stuffs, wine oil, and ale etc. are consumable, if you mean their eaten, in the next version all food stuffs, wine oil, and ale etc. are a bonus with the consumed time being made faster, stops players just sitting in camp hiding from all the bad guys after you, if you do this your food and drink supplies run out very quickly, with your troops leaving, since your morale diminishes fast.

How do you make them consumable?! please tell me!

you1 said:
Hi dk3dknight
Thks some gr8 testing

Thanks

Ah you1 you misunderstood his question, see he wants to know the method you used to make it consumable in this mod, to improve his understanding so that if he too wanted to do this in say his own module or whatever that he might employ this.

He wants  your secrets :p

dk3dknight said:
you1 said:
Hi dk3dknight
Thks some gr8 testing

Thanks

Ah you1 you misunderstood his question, see he wants to know the method you used to make it consumable in this mod, to improve his understanding so that if he too wanted to do this in say his own module or whatever that he might employ this.

He wants  your secrets :p

its no secret, Its easy to input in the module, I'm sure its on the forums, I'm not sure if its a single change in the text files, but this is the difference,

always backup files your changing
this is the txt file for ale

itm_ale Ale Ale 1  ale_barrel 0  33619979 0 84 0 30.000000 70 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 50 0 0

this is the txt files for butter and bread

itm_butter Butter Butter 1  butter_pot 0  34144267 0 150 0 6.000000 110 40 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 30 0 0

itm_bread Bread Bread 1  bread_a 0  34144267 0 32 0 20.000000 110 40 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 50 0 0

I can't guarantee that I'm correct but if you change the numbers 33619979 to 34144267 it will become consumable.
heres a link to alter the txt files
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,45864.msg1214246.html#msg1214246
But I don’t work with the text files, only the module, so it’s up to you if you try this, but like I‘ve advised copy the files you’re going to change in case things go wrong

I miss say i had a blast with this mods so far :smile:

unfortunatly it would seem that i wont be able to shair my joy with my friend since for some reason after i had put the game on his computer the game continuly crash back to the desktop (something about C++ unreadable ) i took a print screen of the error if you want to have a look at it.

couple of things thought

-why are we limited to less than 2 page of banners?
-why usually cant we have both gender of humanoid?
-troop upkeep inconstency in the vampire tech tree (skeleton warrior cost more than a crypt guard and such)
-troop upkeep sigly to high for the size of the map
-and finaly wierd missing peice of weapon or armor in the magicien inventory that can be seen becose of the way the item are put

awaiting a hand on my friend game thought could realy use some help in making it work on his computer too

and still amazing mods :grin:

BarrelDragons said:
I miss say i had a blast with this mods so far :smile:

unfortunatly it would seem that i wont be able to shair my joy with my friend since for some reason after i had put the game on his computer the game continuly crash back to the desktop (something about C++ unreadable ) i took a print screen of the error if you want to have a look at it.

couple of things thought

-why are we limited to less than 2 page of banners?
-why usually cant we have both gender of humanoid?
-troop upkeep inconstency in the vampire tech tree (skeleton warrior cost more than a crypt guard and such)
-troop upkeep sigly to high for the size of the map
-and finaly wierd missing peice of weapon or armor in the magicien inventory that can be seen becose of the way the item are put

awaiting a hand on my friend game thought could realy use some help in making it work on his computer too

and still amazing mods :grin:

Hi

A brief description of a C++ error (send the pic to me).

Runtime Error Repair issues can arise from a variety of computer errors usually originating from corrupt or missing registry files. Other contributing factors could be ActiveX errors or malicious software such as malware and spyware. These types of problems are the consequence of not properly maintaining your system. If left unchecked these problems can result in critical system errors, freezes, and even a total system failure.

A link to help if your O/S is XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307817
A link for Win7 64bit
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796/en-us

How did you install the mod from your system to your friends?

You can’t just copy the folders onto a stick and then copy onto your friends system,

Your friend must install M & B and register the files in his registry with a serial number.

I recommend installing the enhanced version of 1.011 for Warsword baptism (test version)

This version has many game improvements; since you have the original M & B installed there’s no need to renew your serial number,

If you’ve already install M & B on your friends system, the error is more a missing file issue,

Of course you’ve done the swap of data folders; this seems to be the most common issue people forget to do,

I leave the error here until I see the pic you’ve saved.

Q:-why are we limited to less than 2 page of banners?
Ans: the player has his /hers own banners which are different to all the starting faction lords
The mean reason for this is the tabs are linked to the armour and shields positions, there’s now an extra two pages 4 in total that’s 32 player banners.
There are two methods to give the lords you hire when you form your new kingdom banners.
I’ve read on the forums that some players like the lords to have your banner, to do this you hire the lord in one of your towns or castles, this way the lord gets your banner.
Method two is when you hire a lord in the field i.e. camp menu the lord is given his own banner different to all the faction lords and yours.
I asked if players had any ideas of banners, since I’ve ran out you have 13 factions with 13+ lords each then the 32 players banners and also the 13 lords you can hire which adds up to a fair amount.
I'm looking at the custom banner code, and have got some way into it, altering icons etc. to suit the Warsword world. Which if successful I'll use.
  Q:-why usually can’t we have both gender of humanoid?
Ans:“Madam” has been removed
Q:-troop upkeep inconstancy in the vampire tech tree (skeleton warrior cost more than a crypt guard and such)
Q:-troop upkeep sigly to high for the size of the map
Ans:???:
Ans:I’ve re looked at this the cost of hire is now more logical, although there maybe the odd 1 but hopefully the testers will find that.
Q: finaly wierd missing peice of weapon or armor in the magicien inventory that can be seen becose of the way the item are put
Ans:I’ll check this, but may have already been corrected.

The test version was only that, to see if all the new stuff worked, the next version which will have the code name (Warsword Baptism Birth Of a kingdom), has given me time to tweak correct most of all the original Warsword issues, I won’t say much now, I’m sure when its released even after the testing has finished players will find errors, but at the moment there only grammar and scene errors that have been reported,

One correction is the “Madam” has been removed and replaced with something else this has been a steady complaint from players.

I take it from your post the mod runs ok with only the issues you’ve reported,

Thks for your post I hope you’ve had fun and will have more fun with the next version.

Maybe someone can help why are we getting lines inbetween text now when I reply to a post? :sad:

computer friend spect :
spectrep.png

Error message :
sanstitrebts.png
Unfortunatly There is no real paterne so far, right now, it crash when we exit a fight and try to save, other time just traveling and sometime during battle.

how i install the game :
-firstly i downloaded the 3 required piece that were show on this topic
http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=3465
http://www.shacknews.com/file/28750/mount-blade-client-1011-enhanced-version
http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php
-Installing mount and blade client 1011
-putting the warsword_Baptism in the modules file of the newly installed mount and blade
-copying the data folder of warsword_Baptism and merging it with the data folder of Mount and blade 1011 newly installed
-using the 4gb_patch upgrading the 2 exe in the Mount and blade 1011 folder
-lauching the game putting the cd key and picking  warsword_Baptism

i also tryed installing it 2 other ways but they all end up crashing at some point ingame, fortunatly it not the save game that is corrupt since they work perfectly on my computer.

Actuly i was talking about the menu screen when you create new character that you could'n choice to be for exemple a woman vampire or a woman wood elf and such, not realy a issue but it curiosity.
o Did you meen that the mercenary woman gona be remove in the next version?

speaking about the character creation any plan on releasing info on what race, father origine, job, later dream, and adventure goal do change in our stats?

it was realy just a observation on the game size, and the need to have a large or experience soldier in any holding in time a war to actuly be able to hold the ennemy long enouf for your army to come back defend them, i estimated a travel time of 4 day at the speed of 5.8 to go to one side of the map to the other. But the upkeep for a army of strong enouf to resist the invader for 2 day is quite crippling financialy Wise and i dont see any other way to counter it since we are in the original game and not warband where you get a monthly finance report with all your income. maybe i miss something?

BarrelDragons said:

computer friend spect :
spectrep.png

Error message :
sanstitrebts.png

Unfortunatly There is no real paterne so far, right now, it crash when we exit a fight and try to save, other time just traveling and sometime during battle.

how i install the game :
-firstly i downloaded the 3 required piece that were show on this topic
http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=3465
http://www.shacknews.com/file/28750/mount-blade-client-1011-enhanced-version
http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php
-Installing mount and blade client 1011
-putting the warsword_Baptism in the modules file of the newly installed mount and blade
-copying the data folder of warsword_Baptism and merging it with the data folder of Mount and blade 1011 newly installed
-using the 4gb_patch upgrading the 2 exe in the Mount and blade 1011 folder
-lauching the game putting the cd key and picking  warsword_Baptism

i also tryed installing it 2 other ways but they all end up crashing at some point ingame, fortunatly it not the save game that is corrupt since they work perfectly on my computer.

Actuly i was talking about the menu screen when you create new character that you could'n choice to be for exemple a woman vampire or a woman wood elf and such, not realy a issue but it curiosity.
o Did you meen that the mercenary woman gona be remove in the next version?

speaking about the character creation any plan on releasing info on what race, father origine, job, later dream, and adventure goal do change in our stats?

it was realy just a observation on the game size, and the need to have a large or experience soldier in any holding in time a war to actuly be able to hold the ennemy long enouf for your army to come back defend them, i estimated a travel time of 4 day at the speed of 5.8 to go to one side of the map to the other. But the upkeep for a army of strong enouf to resist the invader for 2 day is quite crippling financialy Wise and i dont see any other way to counter it since we are in the original game and not warband where you get a monthly finance report with all your income. maybe i miss something?
What happens when your friend plays native?
what's the rgl_log file state when the game crashes?

The system specs read ok, but my French isn't that good, is that "installed memory (RAM). 4GB 3GB shared”

The error is a missing file or a text file has been changed,

You say the saved game file runs ok on your system, but not your friends,

Does one of your saved game files run ok on your friends?

If your game runs ok and you've loaded as you've said and you’re using M & B 1.011, you've swapped the correct data folders over and your friend isn't using Warbands as the host folder,

has he changed the M & B EXE file to run under XP service pack 3 or 2 in compatibility mode?

I can't really help it’s a system error

If you check the Mods module txt file and compare with your friends, to see if both are the same and PM the file from your friend I'll check that, but like I said if it’s working on yours the only way an error like that happens is a altered or missing txt file.
Try changing the line
limit_hair_colors = 1
to
limit_hair_colors = 0
and see if theirs a difference

But that amount of shared memory on the graphics doesn't help, if that's what it means.( if this is correct reduce it to 1GB)

you1 said:
Hey, can you release a new version?
:?: Its on test at the moment
Gimme the secret link. :3
I will forge it with power of Sigmar.  :grin: Oh by the way don't forget to add the gauntlet from Narf's plate armor OSP and add his transitional armor OSP would be great too. And by Karl Franz I beg you make the state troop's armor looks shiny.

you1 said:
Hey, can you release a new version?
:mrgreen: : Its on test at the moment
Gimme the secret link. :3
I will forge it with power of Sigmar.  :mrgreen: Oh by the way don't forget to add the gauntlet from Narf's plate armor OSP and add his transitional armor OSP would be great too. And by Karl Franz I beg you make the state troop's armor looks shiny.

Be patient the link will have to stay a secret a while longer, but it’s getting hard to hold back them Chaos hordes,
While the testers are having a good play, it’s given be some time to re skin some of the models
Pic
is of the new skin for 1 of the sisterhood’s troops

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u176/youonebucket/sisterhood1_zpsd0609c65.jpg
sisterhood1_zpsd0609c65.jpg

Pic 2 helm
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u176/youonebucket/sisterhood_helm_zpsf04a7a49.jpg
sisterhood_helm_zpsf04a7a49.jpg

Anyone know if gameshow888 is still around on the forums?

The sisterhood will have the same as the other factions
IE recruitment building, in this case the Temple of Toca
you have the option to recruit sisterhood troops here
To do this you will have to pass three missions
1,the grounds of the temple
2, the interior of the temple, all new scenes
3, underneath the temple
4, At night you always have to combat the Undead, temples are not short of sacrificed victims’ of worship
mb17-7_zps027a3777.jpg

mb19-7_zpsa9f9ebb0.jpg

Looks sweet.

Im still doing my runs.

Just letting you know im not dead.  :mrgreen:
Ive been taping some more videos to show you.

Ive also been doing alot of playing around and playing with settings.

I also did something stupid and played with the ati card options
and caused my computer to blue screen on running of the cc control center...

That shaved some of my time working that one out, who would have thought
the settings would save itself onto the video card it self..  So uninstalling wouldn't
actually help nor running in safe mode.  I had a good idea on how to fix it but im just
one of those guys that wants to find any other possible fix while im doing it.

I like troubleshooting things.  :p

Cheers you1.

dk3dknight said:
Looks sweet.

Im still doing my runs.

Just letting you know im not dead.  :mrgreen:
Ive been taping some more videos to show you.

Ive also been doing alot of playing around and playing with settings.

I also did something stupid and played with the ati card options
and caused my computer to blue screen on running of the cc control center...

That shaved some of my time working that one out, who would have thought
the settings would save itself onto the video card it self..  So uninstalling wouldn't
actually help nor running in safe mode.  I had a good idea on how to fix it but im just
one of those guys that wants to find any other possible fix while im doing it.

I like troubleshooting things.  :p

Cheers you1.
Hi
I know you'll sort this out :grin:
I've been asked again to show the affect the skin can have on a simple model in a previous post I showed a elven helmet here's the model of the sisterhoods helm showing just the model and the skin, the raised sections in the helm are made by just the skin and not adding faces to the model
this has worked very well with this model
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u176/youonebucket/amazonian_helm_zpsbae9bb6f.jpg
amazonian_helm_zpsbae9bb6f.jpg

larger pic
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u176/youonebucket/sisterhood_helm_zpsf04a7a49.jpg
sisterhood_helm_zpsf04a7a49.jpg

Back
Top Bottom