SP Fantasy Warsword Fantasy Battles Mod / Warsword Baptism open test version out now

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi,

Windows 7 64BIT
Intel Core 7i 3.07 GHz
RAM 6 GB

i do everything you said.

And I changed the virtual buffer, sorry. I think it was the same. I am erred.

But what is then the vertex buffer error?

you mean the ram-patch? it dosen't work, because the .exe is dosen't works after installing.

Dwyn said:
Hi,

Windows 7 64BIT
Intel Core 7i 3.07 GHz
RAM 6 GB

i do everything you said.

And I changed the virtual buffer, sorry. I think it was the same. I am erred.

But what is then the vertex buffer error?

you mean the ram-patch? it dosen't work, because the .exe is dosen't works after installing.

KK
You'll need the ram patch,
heres the games_variables from my baptism folder
#Buffer_sizes
buffer_size_regular_ffp_static = 0
buffer_size_regular_ffp_dynamic    =  24000
buffer_size_regular_static          = 200000
buffer_size_regular_dynamic        =  35000
buffer_size_skinning_static        = 150000
buffer_size_skinning_dynamic        =      0
buffer_size_normal_map_static      = 150000
buffer_size_normal_map_dynamic      =  12000
buffer_size_dx7_regular_ffp_static  = 290000
buffer_size_dx7_regular_ffp_dynamic =  30000
yours should be the same

go to the link on the download page
http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php
download the file
4gb_patch_1_zps5ee19853.jpg

4gb_patch_2_zps2f2639c4.jpg

4gb_patch_3_zpsc528f8ba.jpg

4gb_patch_4_zpse0942f3a.jpg
extract the file to your M & B folder
you need  to double click on the file
this leads you to a window that asks for a path
the file/ path you want is the M & B exe file
double click on that and a window will appear saying its been or do you want to patch the exe
I've just re downloaded the file and it works OK for me
make sure you have the enhanced version
I'm sorry but I can't be responsible for any lost or damaged files
One other issue that causes vertex errors is playing about with the troop file.
the error will occur when the game engine can't find or understand a line in the txt files
pls use the troop editor mod program and go through all the troops looking for an error
the undead isn't an error that's normal
if I'm not making sense to you just pm and I'll go through it with you
I take it you have the latest video and sound drivers, if your playing in SLI or crossfire mode disable it and try playing if it works it is more than likely your driver version
I have my SLI on driver is the latest version

but in some early driver versions M & B and other games didn't work well

noniac said:
when is the new version going to be released?

I'm nearly finished testing it myself, the next stage is the mod would be tested my independents who have no bias.
Anything that they find and I agree with would be altered.
I've still 1 bug to remove that doesn’t crash the game, but it annoys me.
In the pass because Baptism has 12 factions it takes time to test, although the new stuff has been tested by me since I’ve put it in, the bugs where mainly from the 1st Warsword code.
Its only small things that need sorting, I’m going through the posts seeing what players have asked for.
I’m not going to put a date on the release,

one more question, will the factions have the troops updated with the new(old, it has came out a long time ago) warhammer fantasy troop list?

i supose no, but...

keep the good work

Hi,

Seems that the patch to older version is broken. Where I can find the right file. Maybe the password was wrong (I typed 'vista' as for the main file).

Without the patch, the game crushed when I entered some mausoleum.

Thanks

Yeah, the mod works without patch untill I try to enter some unique locations like mausoleum or grail chapel. In such places the game crushes. What's going on?

merikallio said:
Yeah, the mod works without patch untill I try to enter some unique locations like mausoleum or grail chapel. In such places the game crushes. What's going on?
What patch is broken?
Baptism hasn't a patch, the ram patch is for systems that have over 4GB of ram the old M & B exec file didn't take advantage of this amount of ram, the patch does this, which helps with the vertex buffer error
when the game crashes what is the rg_log stating?.

You've stated that you've install baptism, have you follow all the recommendations, especially the data folder, the game (mod) will crash if you haven't followed the instructions on page 1

noniac said:
one more question, will the factions have the troops updated with the new(old, it has came out a long time ago) warhammer fantasy troop list?

i supose no, but...

keep the good work

Hi noniac
Not sure what you mean about updating the troops,
I've added new stuff the ogres have new mounts etc, some other new armours etc, :grin:

Well I'm surprised With all the interest in the mod, over 205,000 views, I haven't had 1 person asking about been a tester,
i hope your all not put off with the 12 factions,
the mod can't be released until its been tested out in the real world,
All I need is details of your system specs, that your PC or lap top is working correctly and that you have some spare time, not a lot to ask for

Hi
i've played alot of the open test version, as well as other mount and blade mods.
I have enjoyed your mod and love how it brings the warhammer lore to life, I would be more than happy to help out with testing any way I can.

-----------------
System Information
------------------

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120830-0333)
          Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Alienware
      System Model: M11xR3
              BIOS: InsydeH2O Version 1.0 A03
          Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2617M CPU @ 1.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~1.5GHz
            Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8140MB RAM
          Page File: 3227MB used, 13050MB available

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
          Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M
      Manufacturer: NVIDIA
          Chip type: GeForce GT 540M
          DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Display Memory: 4047 MB
  Dedicated Memory: 1999 MB
      Shared Memory: 2047 MB

Casserol Derp said:
sent a pm with system specs !
Hi
I haven't received a PM from you, please re send
Thks
bennnnnn said:
Hi
i've played alot of the open test version, as well as other mount and blade mods.
I have enjoyed your mod and love how it brings the warhammer lore to life, I would be more than happy to help out with testing any way I can.

-----------------
System Information
------------------

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120830-0333)
          Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Alienware
      System Model: M11xR3
              BIOS: InsydeH2O Version 1.0 A03
          Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2617M CPU @ 1.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~1.5GHz
            Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8140MB RAM
          Page File: 3227MB used, 13050MB available

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
          Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M
      Manufacturer: NVIDIA
          Chip type: GeForce GT 540M
          DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Display Memory: 4047 MB
  Dedicated Memory: 1999 MB
      Shared Memory: 2047 MB

PM sent

Ah yeah don't know where it went  :eek:
anyway
cpu: core 2 quad q9550
mobo: asus p5q
ram: 2*2 go corsair 1066mhz ddr2
graphics: hd 4850 1go ddr3 (which may be a little limited since i play on a 26" 1920*1200 with huge battlesizer, so i usually don't play with top graphics option ; but of course i'll adapt to the desired test settings :smile: )
hd: random sata2 hd

cheers :smile:

I would also love to help testing, and I offer the unthinkable, the I can only play mount and blade dx7.

System Spec PC
Windows 7 Ultimate Edition (32bit)
2gb DDR2
NVIDIA GeForce 6100 with 32mb Dedicated Memory  :twisted: 495 MB shared
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+(2.0GHz) 64 bit Dual Core Processor on a 32 bit operation system muhaha

(A link to the machine so you further mock it)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883108025

(Ive purchased the extra ram so it could run windows 7)
I was given windows 7 by microsoft at the dallas semi launch party...

I have access to 2 other computers one is a laptop with a Radeon HD video card but don't remember the specs
ill need to look that one up and I have access to a windows xp machine in the garage. (it has good cpu calculation and ram but *not so good graphic potential*)

Oh... but I failed to properly introduce myself..

My name is Chris, im 28, have a Associates in IT,
I love troubleshooting, and fiddling.

I started playing warsword several years ago on a friends laptop, *promised to look after
another friends animals* so I played warsword and china ww2, was very happy to finally
come home and play warsword proper. (on my friends laptop very low with LAG)

On my desktop mount and blade runs smoothly on the settings I finally set myself on.

Microsoft gives my desktop a rating of 2.0 if that has any meaning to you.

Any additional question I look forward to answer.

Cheers, and keep up the great work! :smile:

Update:
Oh btw I was playing the test build on the front page, is it okay to offer some bugs I discovered in it, or is it to old of a build
to bother?

On that note I would love to compliment the formations and arrays they work quite unexpected and are deeply enjoyable.
*Note my unit count is 86 I believe* Small detachments form shield walls and slowly advance onto my troops in formation, while archers scatter to make them harder targets to hit.

Ive seen vanillia lords do interesting things, but never so intricate, its also interesting when a leader is killed how the strategy will drastically change, a patient leader might perform a defensive U formation drawing enemy swordsman in and trapping them, killing that leader, the new leader is more aggressive and starts forming multiple attack formations, of course since they were outnumbered this was not the best move, it was a better move to draw out my cqc troops from my range troops, but since the smarter commander is dead the strategy goes changed.

Which creates a nice counter strategy, if the enemy is outmaneuvering you, assassinate the commander, and continue to do so until you get a impulsive commander.

Ive also been surprised by some of the strategiums that I would normally use.  Such as leave a small detachment of archers and footman and draw the enemy to that unit while circling around with a large detachment of calvary and sneak them through the right flank of the enemies ranged units...

I was quite surprised to see a force equal to mine charging my flank in Calvary, thankfully I stopped there charging by baiting the Calvary into chasing me as I hand gunned them down leading them away from my ranged units, but still within my ranged units attack range.  I still lost a portion of my archers, thank goodness I had so many and they defaulted to scattered line formation making it more difficult to hit multiple archers.  Sadly a stray arrow hit my horse and ended my strategy, but at that point I had weakened there position and killed the commander, and the new one wanted the Calvary to support the ranged units.

dk3dknight said:
I would also love to help testing, and I offer the unthinkable, the I can only play mount and blade dx7.

System Spec PC
Windows 7 Ultimate Edition (32bit)
2gb DDR2
NVIDIA GeForce 6100 with 32mb Dedicated Memory  :twisted: 495 MB shared
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+(2.0GHz) 64 bit Dual Core Processor on a 32 bit operation system muhaha

(A link to the machine so you further mock it)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883108025

(Ive purchased the extra ram so it could run windows 7)
I was given windows 7 by microsoft at the dallas semi launch party...

I have access to 2 other computers one is a laptop with a Radeon HD video card but don't remember the specs
ill need to look that one up and I have access to a windows xp machine in the garage. (it has good cpu calculation and ram but *not so good graphic potential*)

Oh... but I failed to properly introduce myself..

My name is Chris, im 28, have a Associates in IT,
I love troubleshooting, and fiddling.

I started playing warsword several years ago on a friends laptop, *promised to look after
another friends animals* so I played warsword and china ww2, was very happy to finally
come home and play warsword proper. (on my friends laptop very low with LAG)

On my desktop mount and blade runs smoothly on the settings I finally set myself on.

Microsoft gives my desktop a rating of 2.0 if that has any meaning to you.

Any additional question I look forward to answer.

Cheers, and keep up the great work! :smile:

Update:
Oh btw I was playing the test build on the front page, is it okay to offer some bugs I discovered in it, or is it to old of a build
to bother?

On that note I would love to compliment the formations and arrays they work quite unexpected and are deeply enjoyable.
*Note my unit count is 86 I believe* Small detachments form shield walls and slowly advance onto my troops in formation, while archers scatter to make them harder targets to hit.

Ive seen vanillia lords do interesting things, but never so intricate, its also interesting when a leader is killed how the strategy will drastically change, a patient leader might perform a defensive U formation drawing enemy swordsman in and trapping them, killing that leader, the new leader is more aggressive and starts forming multiple attack formations, of course since they were outnumbered this was not the best move, it was a better move to draw out my cqc troops from my range troops, but since the smarter commander is dead the strategy goes changed.

Which creates a nice counter strategy, if the enemy is outmaneuvering you, assassinate the commander, and continue to do so until you get a impulsive commander.

Ive also been surprised by some of the strategiums that I would normally use.  Such as leave a small detachment of archers and footman and draw the enemy to that unit while circling around with a large detachment of calvary and sneak them through the right flank of the enemies ranged units...

I was quite surprised to see a force equal to mine charging my flank in Calvary, thankfully I stopped there charging by baiting the Calvary into chasing me as I hand gunned them down leading them away from my ranged units, but still within my ranged units attack range.  I still lost a portion of my archers, thank goodness I had so many and they defaulted to scattered line formation making it more difficult to hit multiple archers.  Sadly a stray arrow hit my horse and ended my strategy, but at that point I had weakened there position and killed the commander, and the new one wanted the Calvary to support the ranged units.

Hi
great tale
The test version is as the description, its perpose was to introduce the testers and also the public to the added features, the next version which has a code name "Warsword Baptism Birth of a Kingdom" has these features activated to their true design,
Therefore I'm interested in any bugs you find or suggestions you have, but the next version which is been tested at this moment is up some levels from the version your playing.
You never pm back?
while the next version is been tested its giving me some time to work on the new Dwarf mount

I know it's quite late for such changes, but in my opinion all factions are way too aggressive. War with four or even five enemies at once is common, and because of that no one can gain any advantage or make any progress. True, there is an eternal conflict between dwarves and orcs and skyven for example, but wy Sylvania is fighting against Bretonnia? What interests has High elves in the Empire land to start war? What's the sense of war between Lustria and Chaos if they are far far away on the map? I mean the problem is, that factions constantly divides it's forces between many frontiers and thus make no advance in conquer. Castles once taken, are immediately retaken by defenders when attackers leave the area with only tiny garrison left. Ant town taken by Lustria from Chaos has no chance to stay occupied by the lizards longer than a week. Maybe we can change the scripts so there will be no wars between High and Wood elves (absurd in my opinion) or dwarves against empire and so on?

Btw: Great mod

merikallio said:
I know it's quite late for such changes, but in my opinion all factions are way too aggressive. War with four or even five enemies at once is common, and because of that no one can gain any advantage or make any progress. True, there is an eternal conflict between dwarves and orcs and skyven for example, but wy Sylvania is fighting against Bretonnia? What interests has High elves in the Empire land to start war? What's the sense of war between Lustria and Chaos if they are far far away on the map? I mean the problem is, that factions constantly divides it's forces between many frontiers and thus make no advance in conquer. Castles once taken, are immediately retaken by defenders when attackers leave the area with only tiny garrison left. Ant town taken by Lustria from Chaos has no chance to stay occupied by the lizards longer than a week. Maybe we can change the scripts so there will be no wars between High and Wood elves (absurd in my opinion) or dwarves against empire and so on?

Btw: Great mod

Thks for your point

Not sure how this would affect the game play, so a bit late to change things at this point, but is something I can toll with when the next version is released
yes your correct the dwarfs and the empire would make good friends,
Axis and allies type game reminds me of the Panzer general games

Before I start on some of the bugs found in the old testing version I would like to take a few moments of pure awesomeness that I just felt like sharing.

mb1.png

mb4.png

Quite cool epic battle archers tore the enemies to shreds...

1st Female Race

-Defaults to human face with witch armor and witch troops. (armor can be removed)
Oddly enough It seems the human female gets it alot better starter equipment, and
I think the two races got mistaken.

Picture Elf Witch (real)
mb22.png

Picture Elf Witch (human female)
mb23.png

2nd My evil Twin
I ordered a pistoler to form a new formation which formed a new unit that after this conversation
disappeared forever.

mb5.png

mb6.png

*At this time there was no player faction*

Which I thought was quite funny, even thought to offer a sword of vassalage to myself... lol

mb7.png

3rd Goblins
mb10.png

*3 goblin battlegroups walking in formation :smile: *

There very very very short, making them very very hard to hit from horse back, moreso for the AI.
mb12.png

In this picture the AI calvary are stuck swinging there sword at the goblin and there swords don't quite make it, discovered that its easier to hit goblins on the right then the left when mounted.
I finally ended this sad sad scene by shooting the goblin down with a pistol.

4th Hidden Chest Laughing Outpost
In the custom made outpost where you can hire some cheap spearman there is a chest that has its initiation away from the actual chest.
mb13.png

mb14.png

5th Foiled by Bridges
The Ai sometimes get very confused on bridges some won't follow you across because there afraid of them.  Here's a picture of the emperor stuck flip flopping on a bridge and his loyal subjects very very confused.

mb15.png

6th Emperial Cultist
Im not sure if this is a bug, but I had a city that didn't change its culture after being taken by the empirals and instead of militia I got cultist.

mb20.png

To be less vague This town.
mb21.png

Note the garrison of cultist I imagine the emperor is not happy about this..., no apparently he approves... as he rides away..  :lol:

Im not sure if all these are bugs or as designed or limitation of the game engine, I only offer what I see.

Now that is over let us enjoy some cool screen shots..

The im too cool to fight you chaos epic formation walk.
mb17.png

*I had 41 bullets but one of the chaos troops fell out of formation to attack me, so he had a accident.... for trying to ruin my screenshot...*

Hurry Gertrud To VICTORY!!!!
mb18.png

Thks for the cool pics
Something I haven't noticed the dark elves witch, I've checked the new version all seems as should be,but I'll asked the testers.
The other bugs have been removed, the Kingdom management has been totally overhauled and improved.
the menus have been also overhauled with new ones added.
thks again well spotted with the witch :grin:

Back
Top Bottom