SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Users who are viewing this thread

@shikaka I am wondering have you ever encounter the situation that when you use your companions as lords, the number of troop in their castles just won't increase in a long time? and the same thing happens after AI take a castle. It's just pretty wired that the troop in castle juat remain at 30 or 40 so that I have to recruit them mostly myself, shouldn't the AI recruit troop in castle automatically? If you have any idea how to fix it, I'll be very appreciated.

This happens to me, but I usually don't care about it much.
I usually form my own faction exactly once in every mod (just to prove that I can do it), but I don't enjoy playing a ruler much. Most of the time I take a city and it's surrounding villages for myself, and don't really care about getting more fiefs.

To answer your question, I see that lords (not just companion lords) don't increase the garrison of the cities for quite some time. If you care to keep it, you have to defend it in person. Since I am a vassal most of the time, I usually don't bother doing this, there is a considerable yo-yo effect in play: the same castles changes hands very frequently.
I think the current garrison setup is similar to native. But it works less well, when the enemy factions have more lords with big armies (lords have 2000+ renown, so high in numbers)

This happens to me, but I usually don't care about it much.
I usually form my own faction exactly once in every mod (just to prove that I can do it), but I don't enjoy playing a ruler much. Most of the time I take a city and it's surrounding villages for myself, and don't really care about getting more fiefs.

To answer your question, I see that lords (not just companion lords) don't increase the garrison of the cities for quite some time. If you care to keep it, you have to defend it in person. Since I am a vassal most of the time, I usually don't bother doing this, there is a considerable yo-yo effect in play: the same castles changes hands very frequently.
I think the current garrison setup is similar to native. But it works less well, when the enemy factions have more lords with big armies (lords have 2000+ renown, so high in num
Thanks for your reply. Well, it looks like it's not my problem, hoping the next update can improve it!!

Hello! I just recently got this game just because of this mod, and im having issues with battle sizes. It seems as if even in a siege only about maybe 30? units is spawning in at a time, and then "reinforcments" arrive when some troops die. ive tried setting different sizes in the slider menu and i even downloaded another mod that can increase the battle sizes from 150 to 1000 and set different numbers but nothing changes the outcomes.

Ive also run into another problem that if i choose to assist in other battles my allys units never show and i have to fight the whole battle with only my own units versus the enemies. Any help is appreciated!

Hello! I just recently got this game just because of this mod, and im having issues with battle sizes. It seems as if even in a siege only about maybe 30? units is spawning in at a time, and then "reinforcments" arrive when some troops die. ive tried setting different sizes in the slider menu and i even downloaded another mod that can increase the battle sizes from 150 to 1000 and set different numbers but nothing changes the outcomes.

Ive also run into another problem that if i choose to assist in other battles my allys units never show and i have to fight the whole battle with only my own units versus the enemies. Any help is appreciated!

Hm, I didn't have any problems with battlesizes.

How it should work:
- in general Warband is an old game engine, which is not using modern PCs efficiently. Very big battles can be very laggy.
- there is a slider accessible from the main menu, where you can select the battle size between 30 and 150 (if I remember correctly)

Never used the battlesizer mod, 150-200 is ideal for me. I prefer action packed battles, and having 800+ troops at the same time makes my contribution less important. (I tried 800 in the viking conquest DLC, where is is possible by default. It was much less enjoyable for me than expected)

moddb-20years.svg

ModDB 20th Anniversary category "Modern Hits":

Has anybody been able to figure this out? Editing the rgl files is not working.. is it possibly hard coded with the formations?

Edit: The script extender creates a new folder, "Mount&Blade Warband WSE2" that uses a different rglconfig, make sure to edit the file there and it should work

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom