SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Users who are viewing this thread

Found a couple of "ship" bugs, sometimes I am trapped onboard and cannot disembark the usual way ( I clicked on different villages, but ship just stops on shore & no option to leave the ship pops up).  I tried different villages & towns all across the map, but no joy so i had to reload the save  :meh:

Three times on different chars I have moved straight from the sea to the land, the map avatar changes but I move at "nautical" speeds on land.

Another more annoying problem tho' is all of a sudden I cannot recruit from my factions villages ?!  I am a vassal, have positive relations with the faction & villages but every village I try gives a similar result " out of x villagers(ungors) x refused leaving 0 ...or something like that  :???:  I can recruit from other factions tho' & my Beastman force now contains mostly  Orcs, Goblins, Chaos & Darkelves.  It's been like this for about 20 days.

Hello i've been back to Warsword Conquest since few weeks and would like to notice what could be a bug and have a suggestion. Two times i had like 16 and 20 prisoners and i don't know why i lose half of them and money is not easy to make in Warsword (also ransom brokers are not easy to find, you could capture 3x times more prisoners while the time you spent searching for a ransom borker). Also i would strongly suggest that you can't recruit some factions troops when you free them but only take them as prisoners, sometimes you free some golbins or any evil faction and you can recruit them as an emperor mercenary ? In the same idea some mercenary troops are kind of WTF when you see an undead in an Empire Tavern... except that the mod is awesome.

On a similar vein, I recently took a city and started my own faction.  However for over 2 weeks now, the armorer has only had leather helms for sale, only leather helms ?!
The character is a Vampire, town was a Chaos one and I chose Vampires as my default troop choice.

@palewarrior: I was having the can't leave ships bug in original Warsword, so I started alt-saves every time I was gonna sail.

@Winds of Magic team: I AM BLOWN AWAY at how good it is right out of the gate. Major respect!

I haven't even made a sorceror yet, either! Everything I've seen in my first ~25 game-days has been PERFECT. If I had never played original Warsword (last save hit 2k days), I wouldn't have any lore-issues with the troop tree changes, either.

My only quibbles are very minor: Tzeentch Flamers should be short range annihilators, not minor long-range fireballs. And some factions shouldn't be _able_ to declare peace with each other., but that's from original Warsword, too :grin:

Congrats, you guys'ngals: it's awesome!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
EDIT: Okay, I've hit the "you don't auto-defend a siege" bug; a bit annoying, but I'm glad I knew about it. Sufficient Savegames Save ****fits  :razz:

Rezialn said:
I'm downloading from Mod DB and I can't open the archive. It is as though the file is corrupted.
Are you using WinRAR? If so, switch to 7-Zip instead and you won't have any trouble extracting. 7-Zip is a better tool anyway.

Ettenrocal said:
Hello i've been...
...mod is awesome.
What is your Prisoner Management skill? Even with 10, there is a chance that prisoners can escape as you are walking around. The longer you trek about with prisoners, the more chance they have of escaping. You can speak to the Tavern Keeper and sell them as well, if there are no Brokers.

Main thing you have to remember, is that the team is limited by what the game engine can do. Most of the native Warband things can't be changed and are hard-coded into the game. Making that sort of alteration might not even be possible.

Qwertynus said:
Is there any way to change default items such as armors being sold in my city to faction ones? Really hesitant from forming kingdom because of this.
palewarrior said:
On a similar vein, I recently took a city and started my own faction.  However for over 2 weeks now, the armorer has only had leather helms for sale, only leather helms ?!
This is a known issue, and due to be fixed (hopefully in the next update). For now, either don't start your own faction or just ignore the shops.

@kevinflemming:

I liked the way in original Warsword, the conquered cities kept their original faction's armor & weapons; it helps equip companions of various races.  Please keep this in mind for the future, if you would.

mujadaddy said:
I liked the way in original Warsword, the conquered cities kept their original faction's armor & weapons; it helps equip companions of various races.  Please keep this in mind for the future, if you would.
It wasn't changed on purpose. It's a bug. The shops are supposed to be restocked with the equipment of whatever faction the player has chosen. If an AI faction takes over a fief, I think it works as intended (at least in my experience it does).

What I'm seeing is that whoever owns the city gets the "type" of Armor, Weapons & Horses. Skaven conquer Altdorf? Skaven gear. Chaos Dwarves conquer Couronne? Chaos Dwarf gear.

It makes sense, but it will eliminate gear for eliminated factions.

mujadaddy said:
What I'm seeing is that whoever owns the city gets the "type" of Armor, Weapons & Horses. Skaven conquer Altdorf? Skaven gear. Chaos Dwarves conquer Couronne? Chaos Dwarf gear.

It makes sense, but it will eliminate gear for eliminated factions.
Oh, you meant the normal swapping of equipment. I thought you were talking about the bug where the gear for sale turns into helmets and such. Ignore my previous comment.

I understand what you mean now. But yeah, this won't change. There are still means to purchase various faction gear in the form of the Travelling Merchants, that you can meet in the taverns. They were created as an alternative method to kitting-out the player and their Companions. Sure, their inventory doesn't restock, but there is enough of everything really. Also, you will receive gear from killing enemies. So overall, there are plenty of opportunities to get everyone equipped and ready for combat.

The main benefit I see for having multiple fiefs, where you can purchase gear for your faction, means it's somewhat easier to get those sought after Masterworks.

...Poison Wind Globadiers...  :roll:

They reallllly skew the game to Skaven's favor, as long as no one else has Casting spells in sieges.  Skaven are rolling the whole map; I can get 10:1 casualties against everyone except Skaven, where it's more like 1:1 in the open and 1:4 in sieges!!!

Also, is the only way to actually recruit wizard-troops (Frost Maiden, Queyash, etc) to rescue them?

Please add more metal sounds guys... this mod sounds so plasticky and impactless without it. Ugh. You can't have a mod with loads of plate and heavy armor and not have it, it sounds so... wrong.

YourStepDad said:
Please add more metal sounds guys... this mod sounds so plasticky and impactless without it. Ugh. You can't have a mod with loads of plate and heavy armor and not have it, it sounds so... wrong.
Sounds are already on the big list of things to do, but there are more important issues to combat before adding flavour stuff, really. It's a Beta, after all. I'm certain everyone knows that it needs doing at some point lol.

Hmmm, well. That is one way to look at it. I think there are so many things in the mod already, content-wise. It just lacks that polish of existing things for it to be taken to new heights, IMO. I really hope that the battle sounds will be taken care of either way. The vanilla ones. For this, I pray to Sigmar. :ohdear:

Back
Top Bottom