SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Users who are viewing this thread

Maxkardinal said:
Installed it, but nothing changed. Game is barely unplayable. Every time i encounter skaven bandits game crushes. It happens with 100% probability.

I did few tests and it seems that crashes occure when i'm facing battle. When i turn away and let my troops do the job, it goes fine. My PC is modern, so it can't be RAM problems. And battles with other kinds of troops go well.

So are there any chances for a stability patch any soon? Because mod is glorious!

I was playing as Skaven with no issues at all for ~110 days until I reached around 40+ high tier gunner units, jezzails, master gunners, warplocks,  globadiers etc. after that any battle that lasted longer than 5 minutes would ctd with no error message.

My guess is that the green smoke particle effects instances from the various gunner units are not being destroyed quickly enough during battles and are soaking up memory; as each unit spawns more and more of these with each shot fired.
I've disabled particle effects from the video options menu and enabled force single threading and have had no crashes since.

manoose47 said:
Maxkardinal said:
Installed it, but nothing changed. Game is barely unplayable. Every time i encounter skaven bandits game crushes. It happens with 100% probability.

I did few tests and it seems that crashes occure when i'm facing battle. When i turn away and let my troops do the job, it goes fine. My PC is modern, so it can't be RAM problems. And battles with other kinds of troops go well.

So are there any chances for a stability patch any soon? Because mod is glorious!

I was playing as Skaven with no issues at all for ~110 days until I reached around 40+ high tier gunner units, jezzails, master gunners, warplocks,  globadiers etc. after that any battle that lasted longer than 5 minutes would ctd with no error message.

My guess is that the green smoke particle effects instances from the various gunner units are not being destroyed quickly enough during battles and are soaking up memory; as each unit spawns more and more of these with each shot fired.
I've disabled particle effects from the video options menu and enabled force single threading and have had no crashes since.

I agree, disabling particle effects seems to be a very promising idea. The various clouds and special effects, especially from units seem to be the likely culprit behind memory spikes at my end as well.

In general, crashes should be rare as far as the game stays within in the scope of its vanilla gameplay model. When you go widely outside of that model, like with AOE spells and weapon effects, that's when things are more likely to get out of hand. So you have to strike a balance between the extent of visual effects and how much you are willing to risk crashes.

MB may be a pretty crappily designed game, but hey that doesn't stop it from being just about the only  game of kind.  The closest thing I could think of that comes to being this perfect a sandbox would be the X3 series of space sims. And really, it's the mods that make me still play it today.

I have another question though - why are Hellebron/Morathi bald and have the same face? Is there a save-compatible way to change their appearance (e.g. give them a hairstyle or different look?)

Thats interesting about the smoke particles, I will look at reducing the amount.
@Kushana- That is the hair bug from native. Your save will corrupt and the hair and faces of the lords will be wrong. Dont know of any fix once it happens, so you have to be mindful of it and load old saves if it occurs.

got a witch companion who join me from random event, but she have no magic skill...
would like to ask: can companion learn magic?

yGF4Msd.jpg

thanks for answer.

another question: can lizard learn magic? if can, from which town?

i create a lizard character, have 2 magic skill, but cant find magic guild in 2 lizard towns.
has anyone have experience about playing a lizard character and learn magic?

when you install it you should have a Documentation folder where you put the mod. there they explain all about magic.
basically , you can only buy magic from towns that belong to your characters race, unless youre lizard or dwarf (they cant learn it) . its a option at the town menu next to visit castle.
all human factions counts as the same race so they have a larger number of options (example, a brettonian character can also learn magic at a sigmar or kislev town).

Helmuth said:
when you install it you should have a Documentation folder where you put the mod. there they explain all about magic.
basically , you can only buy magic from towns that belong to your characters race, unless youre lizard or dwarf (they cant learn it) . its a option at the town menu next to visit castle.
all human factions counts as the same race so they have a larger number of options (example, a brettonian character can also learn magic at a sigmar or kislev town).

Are mighty blow , dodge and ignore pain active skill or passive?

Hi! Just downloaded the Mod and loving it.

But on the subject of magic, I think I don't get it, I have enough Magic stat to cast spells and they just won't work, some have a small particle effect but do nothing. I've tried multiple factions, only spell that has worked for some reason is a fire explosion one.

I've equipped the spell book in the third slot and left the 4th free. Even taken magic stat to 10 just in case and still nothing.

Am I doing something wrong? Sans magic, this game is already amazing, just looking to add that extra oomph. Awesome Job!

Magic doesn't work in Warhammer if you're wearing clothes - it might have something to do with Slaanesh  :twisted:

Ah but seriously, the weight modifier of your gear affects magic cast chance, as well as the Winds of Chaos score and the magic skill. That means you should wear low weight armor and weapons while casting. Some spells are bugged, that's just a fact of life. Mind being more specific as to what you were doing at the particular instance of the bug and what spell were you trying to cast?

n00bPanda said:
One more question, How the hell do I get out of ships?

When the ship gone towards to land there will be message pop up which ask, do you want to disembark, or something like that. But there is that; if you are in the sea you cant click to land. Its do nothing. You need to click a settlement to go towards to land.

Hello.

Great mod.

"Warsword Conquest (1.168 required)" from opening post.

"WSE Loader telling them that it couldn't find mb_warband.exe. Launch the game at least once from Steam and then repeat the 1.170 downgrade" from moddb.com/mods/warsword-conquest

Which version should we be running and how do we perform said "downgrade?"

I found some info that had links to older versions of Mount and Blade Warband but the links were dead.

The winds of magic beta is working with the version I am running but it is a little buggy. I know much of it is from running a different version than the mod is designed. I don't want to play around too much with the version I have in case it stops working without knowing in advance what I should be doing - having it working with a few errors is better than not having it working at all.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom