SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Users who are viewing this thread

[ptx] said:
You can't take a sword, bow+arrows and magic together - you need a FREE slot, in addition to the magic school equipped.

You can take 4 slots of items into battle, but you must have a free slot to cast. This means, before casting, I have to toss my sword to ground  then swap the active spell so it refreshes and allows me to cast. This was my solution after forgetting to swap my weapons before a siege for the fifth time.

Again, you can’t cast with sword, bow, arrows, and magic equipped, but you can take them all into battle and drop what you don’t need, then cast spells.

Gwyllie said:
Please dont tell me this is the reason i literally destroyed 300 days worth of playthrough  :facepalm: ......
yeap, that's it. but you can use cheat menu and get what you lost

btw, same bug is in Medieval Conquests (submod to 1257AD) so it must be one of OSP code/module devs use...

I dunno if I'm the only one who's having issues with tournaments.
I get that the race system probably is what's forcing you to let lords use their armor, but it's really frustrating to have lords be essentially unbeatable since the tournament weapons do so little damage.
It's annoying to see the enemy lord simply shrug off an attack that doesn't even cancel his swing animation, and then he destroys me with an instant 60 damage attack.

Creldest said:
Helmuth said:
Creldest
"You can use ranged weapons, but you need a free weapon slot to cast. I personally take a sword, bow and arrows, and magic, then drop the sword in field battles or the magic in sieges. Otherwise I always forget."

after reading your post tried again for ages and cant crossbow and shurikens to work with magic .
but i cant test normal bows, i have 0 power draw
does crossbow and shurikens / javelins work for you?

Bows and crossbows both do (specifically the shadow bow and dark elf repeating crossbows), but I haven’t specifically tried any thrown weapons.

Edit: What lore of magic are you attempting it with? I’ve been confirming it with Slaanesh, bright, and heaven.

my character is high elf female. using heaven magic. dark elf repeating crossbow is JUST the weapon i tried the most and could not get to work, shurikens, trhowing dagger and tombs hand crossbow are the other weapons i tried. my char cant use some weapons due to low strenght, so i tried these 4 over and over.
just gained a level , raised power draw, still cant use magic with a bow on back.
at this point i think my character got bugged somehow, what kind of character are you using?. would like to try a proven one to see its just me.

(just returned from a trip, couldnt use the computer in the weekend).

Is there an easy way to enable magic on sieges? (tweak files and whatnot) Playing a wizard during sieges is incredibly uninteresting and boring

ItF4YHa.jpg

darkelf repeat bow
work fine to me

Soulfighter said:
Is there an easy way to enable magic on sieges? (tweak files and whatnot) Playing a wizard during sieges is incredibly uninteresting and boring

Magic power rise with firearms mastery so, you can use firearms in siege battles. But if you are doing a roleplay and say, its not immersive, its yours to decide

Deli Paşa said:
Soulfighter said:

Magic power rise with firearms mastery so, you can use firearms in siege battles. But if you are doing a roleplay and say, its not immersive, its yours to decide
That doesn't even remotely answer my question.

I'm playing a Skaven and have created my own kingdom recently by taking over all of Arabys Twons and Castles. A Few days after taking over, the Combat Log broke for me, beeing flooded by script error messages (About at day 170). This is annoying, but manageably. It says there is some problem with castles or calculate_troop_political_factor_for_liege (a different error everytime). Now at day 175, whenever dawn comes, I loose almost all of my money, keeping only about 2,000 of my 3xx,xxx gold, and all of my Items except for my equipped items, a random piece of trading good (starting items?). Since the combat log is full of error messages I cant even see, what is causing me to loose all of my money.

I have started the game with the wse-launcher. I have installed it properly (and thus was able to play without any problems for about 170 days). I have talked to any of my regular troops (which can lead to loosing all gold). So I really have no idea what went wrong.

Warsword really really needs an update. There are already a lot of bugs, one has to know, to avoid. But things like this make it unplayable.

Helmuth said:
my character is high elf female. using heaven magic. dark elf repeating crossbow is JUST the weapon i tried the most and could not get to work, shurikens, trhowing dagger and tombs hand crossbow are the other weapons i tried. my char cant use some weapons due to low strenght, so i tried these 4 over and over.
just gained a level , raised power draw, still cant use magic with a bow on back.
at this point i think my character got bugged somehow, what kind of character are you using?. would like to try a proven one to see its just me.

Make sure you're using the latest patch, the first version didn't allow ranged with magic. There's also a supplemental patch on the discord.

Creldest said:
Helmuth said:

Make sure you're using the latest patch, the first version didn't allow ranged with magic. There's also a supplemental patch on the discord.

What patch are you talking about? Patch 1 that is on mdb isn't the latest?

I might have said it before and I'll say it again - my delight with this mod is beyond words. I've been a fan of the Warhammer universe for so long and was so sad to see it go due to absolute moronic decision of GW to replace it with the total garbage that is AoS. But through this mod and TW:W, the Old World still lives on in the hearts and minds of fans. 

That said though I must offer some critical words. I'm experiencing frequent crashes, which I suspect is due to the Dhar sorceress in my army casting Pit of Shades on my CPU. I was wondering if this is something people experience only with that particular school of magic, or with all of them? And if so, would buying a new CPU or more ram help fix the issue? (MB is a pretty old game and I never have problems like this in PoP, which I play with 300+ battle size).

EDIT: I'm currently looking over the WC: Installation and Performance Guide. Will post any updates as I go through the recommendations. I think the stability issue might be related to memory access.

Also the map does appear quite empty right now, especially once you get a half decent force of 80+ high tiered units rescued from bandit stacks. The only battles worth a challenge are with other lords. Compare that with PoP or Perisno, whose maps are chock full of random powerful wandering parties. One suggestion would be to limit the level of units that you can recruit from bandit stacks (to avoid early game power creep), and introduce some new wandering parties suited for a mid-late game combat challenge.

Soulfighter said:
Deli Paşa said:
Soulfighter said:

That doesn't even remotely answer my question.

I don't now any way to enable magic for sieges, so i made a suggestion instead. Like I said, its yours to decide.

Bug report:

After a battle, my inventory complately disappeared. I don't find the cause if it was one of my action. But no it disapperaed without any clue. "Puf!" Its not a big deal if it not magic rune to be replaceble but right now i complately lost my way to do magic. I tried the cheat menu but its not in there it seems. Is there any way to optain it again?

Bug report:
I get the following errors drowning out my in game text feed;
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Sillqt5tyZHlHOtlCD5K7wSdzyy-1KaP/view?usp=sharing

I had just had the Nippon eliminated screen pop up (I took their last castle about 5-10 days prior), I had also taken the last Empire castle (same day, maybe yesterday) and the eliminated screen has not poped up yet, and Brettonia has already gone, with a lord just chillin in my Town (Musillon).  He didnt seem to get the memo that it's mine now.  That was about 100 days ago, with no faction eliminated message.  So if it is related to a faction being wiped out, not sure which one it is.

My inventory also dissapears at the same time.
Apologies if already reported but search didn't seem to pull anything useful out of this threadnought.

Maxkardinal said:

Yeah, there's a mini patch on the warsword conquest discord that fixes some scenes that cause crashing along with a conversations.txt somewhere that fixes one of the traveling wizard's dialogue.

Creldest said:
Maxkardinal said:

Yeah, there's a mini patch on the warsword conquest discord that fixes some scenes that cause crashing along with a conversations.txt somewhere that fixes one of the traveling wizard's dialogue.

Installed it, but nothing changed. Game is barely unplayable. Every time i encounter skaven bandits game crushes. It happens with 100% probability.

I did few tests and it seems that crashes occure when i'm facing battle. When i turn away and let my troops do the job, it goes fine. My PC is modern, so it can't be RAM problems. And battles with other kinds of troops go well.

So are there any chances for a stability patch any soon? Because mod is glorious!

I had frequent crashes as well. It seems to be triggered the most by shotgun type units (Ogre cannoneers, Dwarf Annihilators/Engineers) as well as magic users casting AOE spells. In my case I seemed to have reduced the frequency of the crashes by doing the following:

-reduce shadows to minimum
-force single threading in the game launcher
-run the game in a window
-patch the game's executable with the large address aware program (you can google the latter if you're not sure how to).
-close third party programs such as Geforce Experience

However I'm still getting crashes, especially in custom maps such as Beastmen castles.

Also, please consult the performance guide listed...somewhere in this thread

EDIT: knowing that most people can't use the search function, here it is. All credit goes to the original author.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1F-vWXu2ET0HKiOvP9UGoHez0S7QXeU59Z_05lUZZGWo/edit

Maxkardinal said:
Installed it, but nothing changed. Game is barely unplayable. Every time i encounter skaven bandits game crushes. It happens with 100% probability.

I did few tests and it seems that crashes occure when i'm facing battle. When i turn away and let my troops do the job, it goes fine. My PC is modern, so it can't be RAM problems. And battles with other kinds of troops go well.

So are there any chances for a stability patch any soon? Because mod is glorious!
Doesn't matter how good your system is, believe me. I have a dedicated water-cooled gaming system, and still experience crashes from time-to-time (although, only a handful since release). Warband is an ancient 32-bit game, with a memory limit of 2GB. So my 32GB RAM and 4GB GTX980 mean very little, as with any and all older games that are 32-bit. And it's the same for everyone else too.

There won't be a "stability patch" because most of the crashes aren't down to any one particular aspect of the mod. It's been extremely-random for everyone. Some crash with Goblins, some with High Elves, some with Chaos. Practically every race has shown-up in a report at one time or another. After weeks of testing, reports, even more testing, some more reports, and lots of complaining, nothing concrete has been determined as the "sole cause" of any of these crashes.

The only thing we do know, is that Warband is running out of memory. Something which Warband does in Native (on occasion) anyway. It's not exactly a well-built game. And people often forget just how shoddy it really is. Now considering how much the mod actually adds (bear in mind, it's nearly 3GB, over three times the size of the actual game itself), and with new systems, textures and scenes, the huge amount of factions and troops, it all increases the chances of the game reaching it's limit far sooner than other mods.

That's not to say that improving stability isn't being looked at, but the random crashes might just be a byproduct of having so much content in one place.

Now, there are some things you can do to try and improve your situation, in my guide. Which Kushana has kindly posted a link to. So check that out, go through it properly. Make sure everything is tip-top, and give some of the potential solutions a whirl.

Hopefully you'll find something that works for you. Just remember, that not everything is guaranteed. Especially when it comes to games and mods.

Back
Top Bottom