SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Users who are viewing this thread

Does anyone know the reason other factions would consider my new faction untrustworthy and refuse to make any pacts? Ive been at war non stop since i went independent, at first it was the "good" factions which made sense but now everyone seems to have that modifier about my faction. The only thing that might have caused issues is i raised my reputation and i might have taken fief's over too quickly for the amount of lords i have (major pain to have to make my own).

I thought id ask here and see if there was something buggy going on or if it was just something coded a certain way, in the diplo settings im playing both on high/experimental if that makes any difference.

Edit: Turns out it was the negative honor that yielded no benefit beside the right to rule. The other factions treated you like they would in native without exception.

I (and many other people looking at comment section on modb) have problem with running this mod. Doing everything with instructions, both on steam client and standalone from talewords site. Tge problem is message about activation. Can't activate game, so can't play past lv 8. "Unable to connect to activation server!".

Any ideas how to fix this?

Tried downloading different WSE versions, different clients, different warbads exes, tried manual activation (but couldn't - seems this option is no longer valid, talewords site is down)... no idea how I can run this ;(

Thx. Did everything step by step. Same error.

EDIT: in comment section of this vid are multiple people with same error. It must be something with WSE...

kwagam said:
Thx. Did everything step by step. Same error.

EDIT: in comment section of this vid are multiple people with same error. It must be something with WSE...

Yep, seems to be a WSE problem. I get the same "unable to connect to activation server" message when launching Imperial Rome through WSE.

pindabeep said:
does anyone know what makes the firearms stand out from the bows/crossbows? also what are abilities and how do i get them?

Standard rifles and crossbows are pretty similar. Rifles can't be used with magic, so crossbows are the choice for a low strength caster.
On the other hand, rifles have a few variants that are pretty neat, such as dwarven shotguns.

I'm not 100% sure which abilities you're asking about, but there are several that can be learned from the arena master and one that can be learned from a wandering tavern goer.

D'Sparil said:
Any particular lore reason as to why chaos dwarfs can "upgrade" into goblins? or is it just a bug?

Not a bug, Hobgoblins are allies of the chaos dwarves and make up their mobile force. I don't know the full story, but hobgoblins are basically considered traitors to all the other greenskins for some reason or another.

That's not really his question though, he's asking why a Chorf can "transform" into a Hobgoblin when upgrading troops. I do feel like they should have had two separate trees (which the mod does in other places, like Chaos) but maybe there's a technical reason for why the mod team didn't do it for the Chaos Dwarfs.

Giving this rather awesome looking mod a spin but I find it very hard to find information on it's custom features.

Is there a controls overview available anywhere? (Which button does what)
I expected to see it under the game concepts in game but things are only partially explained there.

Can I find an explanation how magic works and how I use and select a potion?

Thanks in advance.

Nevermind: There's a file in the documentation map inside the module that explains things. Leaving the post inc ase others are looking for information as well.

pindabeep said:
is anyone else getting activation problems? My game is already activated but when I use this mod it asks for an activation again then says activation denied.
Thats probably because you havent replace the mb_warband.exe(steam ver) with the non-steam version. WSE doesnt work with steam version, so you need to get one that is compatible with your WSE version. (I use warband v1.174 with WSE v4.7.0)

check this link : https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=324890.0

tannedrendang said:
pindabeep said:
is anyone else getting activation problems? My game is already activated but when I use this mod it asks for an activation again then says activation denied.
Thats probably because you havent replace the mb_warband.exe(steam ver) with the non-steam version. WSE doesnt work with steam version, so you need to get one that is compatible with your WSE version. (I use warband v1.174 with WSE v4.7.0)

check this link : https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=324890.0

Thank you. I replaced WSE with the new version and now it works fine

Back
Top Bottom