SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Users who are viewing this thread

It's me again, but now I was issue with mod.
So, after I attacked one of castle, and took it as my own, enemys came back, and they were way to strong, so I choosed to abandon castle and flee like little coward.
After 5 min game became unplayable, near Empire city weird thing started to happen.
Game started to freeze each 5 sec for 5 sec, and my character disappeared from map.
Then event pooped up.
YzGZUMQ.jpg
Game was keep freezing.
Then one of my companions started to talk with me.
EY1idrF.png
he speaks about chaos territory, but I was on Empire territory.
Game is keep freezing for 5 sec.
I tried to save game, so it crashed.
It happes each time, not just once.

Pretty sure it will be more usefull that my weird explanation.
mvu4H5a.jpg

SWhQpFk.jpg

8LpTPuD.jpg
But I'm not sure if it's that error.

I cannot find where I saw this tip now, but I tried it and it has worked for me.

Right click the Launch WSC and select troubleshoot compatibility, select Windows 8.

I am on Windows 10 and was having very random CTD, none for 3 days now so it looks good.

I heard overhead stab was broken/not working for Warsword so I decided to fix it:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/xl943jlx0i9ii52/Warsword+Upstab+fix.7z
-Added overhead stabbing/one handed overhead stabbing for appropriate weapons
-Added pike bracing for appropriate weapons
-Unlocked y axis aiming for unarmed
-Added animation speed tweaks for thrusts to make them more viable
-Added crouching, you can turn it off by setting can_crouch to 0 in module_ini
-Added proper reload animation for muskets

Hoboistice said:
I heard overhead stab was broken/not working for Warsword so I decided to fix it:

Oh my god. I am not the only one. THANK YOU.!!!!!!!!!!

Team please make this an official part of the mod.

p.s. does it work with the latest patched version of the mod?

Hoboistice said:

That's cool thing I have to say.
But it seems like it makes game crush, when I'm trying to pick up something from ground like shield, game crashing.
It does not happens without your submod

Eska said:
Hoboistice said:

But it seems like it makes game crush, when I'm trying to pick up something from ground like shield, game crashing.

works fine on my machine :wink:

Eska said:
Do you know what you fought/what you picked up when it happened? Did you try and do the same exact thing without the submod and it didn't crash?

Hoboistice said:
Eska said:
Do you know what you fought/what you picked up when it happened? Did you try and do the same exact thing without the submod and it didn't crash?

I'm don't remember what Exactly place it was, but it was one of scaven lair nnear Heideck I think
I was trying to pick up shield as I was on early game, so needed something to defence, I tried it twice, it ended in same result,
So I choosed to usinstall your mod, but was not sure how. So I reinstalled whole mod, installed newest patch.
And issue has been fixed.
So, it was your submod with did that issue, or mod itself.
I simply don't know, because I did not tried to install your submod after it
(I can try to install it and check)
bPdFg2r.jpg
I went back to this place, just to see if it will crush, it did not. (it's without your submod)

I'll edit this post soon, gonna install your submod once again to see if it will crush.
Edit: I have to apologize you, it seems like it was mod issue, not your submod.
game does not crush now, with your submod, or without. So it seems after reinstalling whole mod fixed issue once for good.
(Next time when I'm gonna report any bug, I'm gonna for sure check it many times)
Once again, sorry for trouble.  :roll:

But, maybe I'll get help with other issue I have.
It's really often it happens, mostly when I'm trying to leave village/castle/city menu
sNDbhAe.jpg
Before someone gonna say, my pc is too weak: It's not.

Eska said:
But, maybe I'll get help with other issue I have.
When you start the mod, with Warsword selected in the launcher click "Configure" and then "Video" tab at the top. Make sure the box marked "Load Textures On Demand" is checked like so: ☑

And try knocking your shadow quality down one, to "High" as that might help. If you're still crashing, then I know you don't want to hear it, but it could be something your end. Adjust the graphics settings, lower textures, and so on. I would put everything to absolute minimum, test, then slowly increase each setting until the error shows up.

Also, if you have an Nvidia card, I would suggest using Nvidia Inspector to manage your performance. Download and open Nvidia Inspector, if you don't already have it. Before changing anything, start the mod again, head to the same "Video" tab and uncheck the box marked "Force Vertical Sync" as you want this to be managed by your card, not the game.

When Inspector starts up, click on the little button marked with a red square:
dcumq79-b0d5d163-41e8-40fc-8c70-4c9b24ff9082.png

When the new window opens, there is a drop-down menu at the top full of games, in the text field, type "Mount & Blade...". Select Warband when the option appears in the list.

Scroll down to and change the settings below:

Section 2 - Sync and Refresh
Frame Rate Limiter = 60fps (Frame Rate Limiter v2)
Vertical Sync = Force on

Section 5 - Common
Multi-display/mixed GPU acceleration = Single display performance mode
Power management mode = Prefer maximum performance

Then click "Apply changes" button in the top-right corner, and you're good to go. Doesn't matter if you leave Inspector open, it's not a heavy tool.

Problem is, it doesn't matter how "good" you might think your system is, because Warband is an ancient 32-bit game and will struggle regardless of what components you might have. While specifications obviously do help, it's not always guaranteed to stop any error occurring. Even I've had the shaders error, and my system is over-the-top (at least it was four years ago lol). But I am able to run the mod, with everything maxed-out (shadows too), and haven't crashed in days. So there is something to having more-than-adequate specifications.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to mention as well. Make sure all of your drivers are up-to-date. I highly-recommend using a program such as Driver Booster to do this. I've been using it for about two years now, and it's very handy. Saves messing about doing everything individually. Updating all drivers has helped some players with general performance, which in turn could potentially increase stability.

Gonna try it out once I'm on PC.
Edit: So, I did everything you told, time for testing ^^
Thank you very much for help!

It seems like it worked, thank you!
Game did not crushed from a very long time.

And found another bug, I think.
I'm a lord of Dwarfs Kingdom (Sadly can't play as any female)
I had city under my control, but I have lost it.
But all money from enterprices are keep going to treasury, with I don't have access to :razz:
It's pretty annoying, because I gathered there about 100k and can't waste it :c

Eska said:
It seems like it worked, thank you!
You're welcome. Glad it helped.

And found another bug, I think.
You need to re-capture something to gain access the Treasury again, from what I remember being said before. It's not really a bug. You don't own a fief, therefore the options that come with it are no longer available.

kevinflemming said:
You need to re-capture something to gain access the Treasury again, from what I remember being said before. It's not really a bug. You don't own a fief, therefore the options that come with it are no longer available.

Then should I not getting it to my inventory?
I have no chance to capture something if I don't have army, and money to buy one. Seems like I'm in really bad possition ^^

Eska said:
Then should I not getting it to my inventory?
I have no chance to capture something if I don't have army, and money to buy one. Seems like I'm in really bad possition ^^
But if you had income set to going into the Treasury, then that is where it will go until changed manually. It isn't automatic, it's a manual option that can only be altered by the player.

You could just export your character, edit it with Notepad and give yourself some income (what you would normally get, so not to "cheat" too much), then when you're able, re-take a place.

Why is lord renown so messed up? Kings have such low renown compared to many other lords in the faction. Some lords renown jumps by as much as 3000 at any given time, seemingly random. Hard to get the king to give me a fief when other lords have 4k+ renown and hog the spotlight. King never gives land to himself, either.

hipp522 said:
Why is lord renown so messed up? Kings have such low renown compared to many other lords in the faction. Some lords renown jumps by as much as 3000 at any given time, seemingly random. Hard to get the king to give me a fief when other lords have 4k+ renown and hog the spotlight. King never gives land to himself, either.

So it seems like only my king is greedy, he took 3 liefs in a row for himself.
Also he is pretty dumb, he is keep declaring war to others, and are at war with 4 factions.
So I started to work on relations with other lords, and slowly planning to rebel.
Hope Dwarfs will survive to this time, we have only 2 cities and two castle left...

But, Is there any submod with could make Dwarfs a bit stronger? In my opinion they are really weak faction, only Deamons slayer are really strong, but to get them it's hard.

Eska said:
hipp522 said:

So it seems like only my king is greedy, he took 3 liefs in a row for himself.
Also he is pretty dumb, he is keep declaring war to others, and are at war with 4 factions.
So I started to work on relations with other lords, and slowly planning to rebel.
Hope Dwarfs will survive to this time, we have only 2 cities and two castle left...

But, Is there any submod with could make Dwarfs a bit stronger? In my opinion they are really weak faction, only Deamons slayer are really strong, but to get them it's hard.

In my game, 800 days in, every king still only owns their starting fief(s), or nothing at all. Usually in other mods if a king has no fiefs then the lords of the faction unanimously vote for the king to get a fief, but that doesn't seem to happen in this mod. Seems like a king is just another lord.
Dwarven master engineer is broken, having just a few of them makes the game too easy, especially in sieges. Not sure how to get them, aside from rescuing.

Back
Top Bottom