SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Users who are viewing this thread

@Sartek, yeah recruitment is a bit wonky at the minute (possibly more so with beastmen for some reason).Hopefully be patched soon.

@hueman337, what faction type have you set your kingdom to?

Probably why as Chaos I have seen only regular marauder, tzeentch and slaanesh recruits. Not a single Nurgle one and....saw one Khorne recruit as beastman tho.

So I`m not sure if really buggy or incredibly rare. Either way, can wait for patches and updates.

This huge update has been absolutely fantastic otherwise.

Sartek said:
Probably why as Chaos I have seen only regular marauder, tzeentch and slaanesh recruits. Not a single Nurgle one and....saw one Khorne recruit as beastman tho.

So I`m not sure if really buggy or incredibly rare.

I've had multiple various Chaos recruits, from all Gods, in the (roughly) 50 days I've been playing. It's just luck of the draw.

About 50 days in, got my first 4 Nurgle recruits. Still not a single Khorne one.

Are Nurgle and Khorne warriors multiple times stronger then?

I think not, so it still is something to be fixed, I think.

Come to think of it, I too have only had like 5 or so Nurgle recruits ever.
Haven't applied the mini-patch due to savegame breaking, but the proposed crash fixes did nothing for me. Have a fight right ahead of me in my current savegame, with a bunch of goblin bandit armies, crashes every time. Had no Java to begin with, crashed, installed java latest, crashed, disabled java, crashed.

[ptx] said:
Haven't applied the mini-patch due to savegame breaking, but the proposed crash fixes did nothing for me. Have a fight right ahead of me in my current savegame, with a bunch of goblin bandit armies, crashes every time. Had no Java to begin with, crashed, installed java latest, crashed, disabled java, crashed.
I wouldn't get attached to your saves anyway. Each patch will most likely require a fresh game, as they will be fixing a lot of issues over time.

Apply the patch and try it all again. It might not even work, if you're not up-to-date like everybody else is, I'm afraid. You're one of two people, out of hundreds (even thousands going by the downloads), that it hasn't worked for so far. So I fear something might be wrong on your end.

EDIT: I'm guessing that was you on ModDB? :shifty:

kevinflemming said:
[ptx] said:
I wouldn't get attached to your saves anyway. Each patch will most likely require a fresh game, as they will be fixing a lot of issues over time.
Yeah, I guess I'll just have to bite, my Tzeentchian army has been getting too reliant on chaos dwarf firearms anyway.

kevinflemming said:
???

[ptx] said:
Yeah, I guess I'll just have to bite, my Tzeentchian army has been getting too reliant on chaos dwarf firearms anyway.
It's worth doing. If only to eliminate a potential cause. If it all fails again, perhaps look at re-installing Warband, and the mod (with patch) again, then go through the list once more. I know it's not ideal, but there isn't much else to suggest, other than the usual "re-install" nonsense that you hear all the time.

Oh, someone just posted practically the same thing as you there. Thought it might have been you, that's all. Some people have been posting in all three places (here, ModDB and Discord).

kevinflemming said:
[ptx] said:

Apply the patch and try it all again. It might not even work, if you're not up-to-date like everybody else is, I'm afraid. You're one of two people, out of hundreds (even thousands going by the downloads), that it hasn't worked for so far. So I fear something might be wrong on your end.

Well I have also same problems with goblin armies, despite installed the patch and fiddling with java. Another thing I noticed is that when I asked Emmanuelle for quests, it doesn't let me continue if she has the bandit lair quest.

John Xenir said:
Well I have also same problems with goblin armies, despite installed the patch and fiddling with java. Another thing I noticed is that when I asked Emmanuelle for quests, it doesn't let me continue if she has the bandit lair quest.
I can only recommend going through it all again. It's WSE and Java, not the mod itself. Been tested and researched. Sadly, there is nothing I or the team can do about it. Completely out of our control. Re-installing the mod, then potentially Warband, and going through everything once more, are the only options left.

Not great to hear, I know. :???:

Quests are a little buggy. Most things are known. Just try to get into the habit of saving beforehand (probably on a separate slot), in case of a dodgy one.

How can I cast spells? I have 3 magic skill, necromancy equipped and two spells in inventory one is a basic summon with 1 magic skill requirement and another is a missile spell. All I get is a "weapon" that does 0 damage with 0 ammo, the mana raise to 280 and the log battle say spell activated but I don't see any effect.

Do you have a free equipment slot? Equipping the magic school item essentially needs 2 slots. The description is not quite clear on this.

So does no one really know what fire damage does?

Ooops! Thanks I thought that one free was intended for equipping the magic, not one for magic and another with zero items. It makes sense since there is an ammo counter and I suppose I get a script to fill it during battles.

kraggrim said:
@hueman337, what faction type have you set your kingdom to?

empire, i captured more cities, same result, they all have resetted their inventory and no longer sell anything different from what i mentioned before

hueman337 said:
empire, i captured more cities, same result, they all have resetted their inventory and no longer sell anything different from what i mentioned before
Didn't you report this on Discord already? I've got a report with exactly this issue already marked down. It's on the list. :wink:

I am having a problem with faction relationships. I started as usual with some liking me, others not. I paid the Dwarfs and a couple of others a bounty, but after a game week they are still showing a negative relationship.
I was offered vassalage by the High Elves, but could not enter the Town the King was in to accept, and had to wait for him to leave. I was given a fief, and relationships changed, but I still cannot get into a High Elf fief, even though I have joined their faction. Is it time related, do I have to wait?

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but there is simply a TON of posts, and I couldn't find stuff using the search engine... How do I get the early game going? I'm tryng to play as a high elf, but there is simply no low level enemies around. I tried searching the dark elfs lands, but no luck either. What am I supposed to do? Have I simply been extra unlucky?

Should be some chaos zealots parties all over the map. Also, you could just grind the arena and go after tournaments, until you get some starting funds, then go troll hunting near Kislev.

Apolo said:
Sorry if this has already been discussed, but there is simply a TON of posts, and I couldn't find stuff using the search engine... How do I get the early game going? I'm tryng to play as a high elf, but there is simply no low level enemies around. I tried searching the dark elfs lands, but no luck either. What am I supposed to do? Have I simply been extra unlucky?
I have restarted a few times, and usually I choose Bretonia, as there are Zealots around the area who are good "progress" fodder. Travel there if you can, though there are also tougher opponents around as well. You may need to head a bit North as well, you can find zealots over a wide area.

Back
Top Bottom