SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Users who are viewing this thread

I'd like to report another bug.

Playing as a human male, after several days (two on my last character) all quests taken seem to randomly fail out of the blue, and lords do not seem to offer any quests afterwards, or at least a certain type of quest is no longer offered.

After days of attempting to get a quest, the only one I've got from an Empire lord was the one to hinder the peace between the Empire and lizardmen

polloio said:
@adrakken @kevinflemming

Thanks for the huge insight guys much much MUCH appreciated!!!!

No problem...I would actually start asking those that are having those errors to report if they are using WSE or not as I am thinking that is the root cause. Updating Java like mentioned by kevinflemming is something that everyone should be doing anyway, but is also clear advice to give also.

Found a bug I believe.
I bought a ship at Brionne, sailed to Lashiek, then on to Nadasaki. I left a ghost ship the same name as me at both ports I visited, and on leaving Nadasaki, I had a CTD. When I found the second ghost ship, revisiting the port again left yet another ghost ship

I am at day 44, going slow as my wife has had a partial knee replacement, and she keeps me occupied doing stupid things like cooking  :shock:

I am very impressed overall, a lot of very hard work has been done by all.  :party:

Using windows 7 with a high spec PC.

Playing as a vassal of Chaos, I've been given a village, yet I am not gaining any income from it. Tax rate for it is normal, the whats-his-name tax guy says the village has an income of 0, it doesn't even appear in my weekly budgets. It's prosperity is rich.

I think this is a bug?

Also getting CTDs (with no errors) regularly now, might be related to the (significant) troop variety in my party?

Another bug, i think - casting AOE offensive spell, such as Purple Sun of Xereus - cast it on a group of some 5 enemies (in a goblin lair raid), saw one drop dead, yet I was credited for 5 kills, including XP. Pretty sure it is crediting me for too many kills on field battles as well, though harder to be sure there.

@adrakken They should be using WSE, it's required for the mod now (needed for magic and other stuff).

@Yozzer, are you playing in realistic saving  mode by anychance?

@ptx, yeah, that's a bug. On the long long long list of issues.

Okay the lords have started to offer quests again and they seem to work fine. However the guild masters still do not offer any tasks.

The problem of all quests failing a few days and the quests not being offered for a while is still there, but its no biggie. I think. It may be possible that some quests such as finding a fugitive may not be on offer anymore altogether though.

Updating java and my hardware drivers seems to have helped with crashes for me, and uninstalling java completely helped for someone else. So worth a try if you're getting them.

kraggrim said:
@adrakken They should be using WSE, it's required for the mod now (needed for magic and other stuff).

I reloaded and played on a few game days, but it still happens. I am not playing in realistic, but if nobody else has had this, I will re download, add the mini patch, and start again just in case, I would not want any time wasted for you if this is just a glitch. Many of the models are amazing  :grin:

Yozzer said:
kraggrim said:

I reloaded and played on a few game days, but it still happens. I am not playing in realistic, but if nobody else has had this, I will re download, add the mini patch, and start again just in case, I would not want any time wasted for you if this is just a glitch. Many of the models are amazing  :grin:

Reference multiplying ships. I re downloaded the mod, applied the new mini patch, and started a new character and game, but the first and following ports I visit when I bought a new ship, when I board my ship, after visiting land, I leave a short distance away on a duplicate ship. I have not had a CTD yet, but I will not use the ship as I suspect I will end up with multiple ships at every port  :lol:
No big deal by the way, does not seem a terminal bug.
EDIT
I have found that if I save, quit the game and go back, the duplicates have all gone, and my original ship is where I last left it!
I wonder if it because I have version 1.174 with the 1.170 exe supplied.
Can anyone point me to where I can download the full version 1.170 just in case its causing the problem  :idea:

Marcelx2x said:
Sartek said:
Hey, quick question.

How do you hire special troops, like minotaurs, vampire thralls and the like? Where do you get them ?

You can't recriit them, you get them from enemy armies who hold them as prisoners

Unless it has changed since 2016, you can definitely get them but you need your own town and to build a War Academy in said town to be able to recruit them. Rescuing them when they're prisoners is probably a lot more efficient than that though.

Yozzer said:
Reference multiplying ships. I re downloaded the mod, applied the new mini patch, and started a new character and game, but the first and following ports I visit when I bought a new ship, when I board my ship, after visiting land, I leave a short distance away on a duplicate ship. I have not had a CTD yet, but I will not use the ship as I suspect I will end up with multiple ships at every port  :lol:
No big deal by the way, does not seem a terminal bug.
EDIT
I have found that if I save, quit the game and go back, the duplicates have all gone, and my original ship is where I last left it!
I wonder if it because I have version 1.174 with the 1.170 exe supplied.
Can anyone point me to where I can download the full version 1.170 just in case its causing the problem  :idea:

Afaik that's not the cause. If the game's starting and you're not getting a stream of 2070 errors in battle then you're fine.

Wendek is correct on the War Academy units.

@Kraggrim
You are correct, I found 1.168 on my other PC, but that was the same, (I did txfer the 1.170).
I did play on, but after a save, i found when I approached my "real" ship, there was a battle going on between me vs me, and I could not board.
Bit of a puzzle. I am the only one with this problem? if so, I will try going back to Windows 10 and try to get the failure to startup working. Since the last W10 update to 1809, even a fresh version of Warband will not start, plus other problems shared it seems by many others  :roll: .

No it's a known bug, restarting the game should clear the ghost ships. Will hopefully be fixed...along with the other 200+ listed issues  :cry:.

First of all let me tell you that this Mod is truly great.
I loved the older versions already but the new version is even better. The whole magic system is easy to use and well thought out. Feels like it always should have been there.
It took me a while to get it to work on my Mac though but via Crossover its not that difficult.

Anyway after having played my little demonsmith chaos dwarf for roughly 70 days, I have found some things I would like to mention.
1. The first bug was my chaos warrior companion getting angry at me for selling prisoners (maybe he wanted me to sacrifice them, I don´t know^^) but still his holy indignation seemed rather silly. I just turned off companion opinions via the camp menu and thus that one was solved.
2. So far I have not seen any tournaments being held, which seems a bit strange.
3. I took a caste "Eregrad" or something like that, thus creating my own kingdom. Later I took "Wolfenberg" and thought I was now finacially set. But I was wrong. Somehow, even after having held two castles and two villages for a few weeks I still have yet to get any income from them. My treasury is constantly empty and I have to constantly put money into it just to keep my troops paid. When I ask my finance guy he always tells me that I have 0 income from all of my fiefdoms.
4. The income from my industrial buildings within friendly cities seems a bit erratic. Sometimes you get only 400 from a winery sometimes you get 1200 from the same place.
So with all those financial problems, I have to constantly fight and sell prisoners just to keep my troops paid which to a degree is fine but seems rather hectic by now, because I can never build up a strong financial base. Feel a little like Tilly, or Christian von Bamberg in the 30 years war, having to constantly pillage, war and plunder just to keep my guys paid....
5. Also so far I have taken some enemy lords prisoner but no one seems to want them back. Another financial windfall gone.
6. I don`t really understand why I fail at my spells so often. I am a magic user with 5 in Magic and 3 in Willpower. My encumberance is roughly 18. But in some fights I fail about 2 out of 3 spells I try, which is pretty strange to me.
7. In Sieges and Ship battles I have no magic. I know that that was intended but makes playing a magic user really weak in these battles. As a magic user I do not wear heavy armor and thus take a lot of damage easily. I also have not skilled in Ironflesh and don´t have the money to buy a whole set of secondary armor and weapons with me just so I can be of use in sieges and ship battles.
But there is a bug way around that. When in a siege battle, if I find and pick up cartriges they suddenly could as my basic spell "fireball" with unlimited amunition, but being unable to switch to other spells. Maybe in this bug lies the beginning of a not game breaking "magic in battles" patch?
8. I love healing potions but so far I have drunk the same healing potion time and time again. It is removed for the battle but reappeares in my inventor (and is reusable for the next battle) when that battle is over. Thats very cool but most likely unwanted.

So far my observations. Over all this is the least buggy and best version of Warsword Conquest I have played so far. I enjoy it very much and am very thankful for your hard work. If I could give you money for it, I would.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Avarchillion

avarchillion said:
First of all let me tell you that this Mod is truly great.
I loved the older versions already but the new version is even better. The whole magic system is easy to use and well thought out. Feels like it always should have been there.
It took me a while to get it to work on my Mac though but via Crossover its not that difficult.

Anyway after having played my little demonsmith chaos dwarf for roughly 70 days, I have found some things I would like to mention.

1. The first bug was my chaos warrior companion getting angry at me for selling prisoners (maybe he wanted me to sacrifice them, I don´t know^^) but still his holy indignation seemed rather silly. I just turned off companion opinions via the camp menu and thus that one was solved.

2. So far I have not seen any tournaments being held, which seems a bit strange.

7. In Sieges and Ship battles I have no magic. I know that that was intended but makes playing a magic user really weak in these battles. As a magic user I do not wear heavy armor and thus take a lot of damage easily. I also have not skilled in Ironflesh and don´t have the money to buy a whole set of secondary armor and weapons with me just so I can be of use in sieges and ship battles.
But there is a bug way around that. When in a siege battle, if I find and pick up cartriges they suddenly could as my basic spell "fireball" with unlimited amunition, but being unable to switch to other spells. Maybe in this bug lies the beginning of a not game breaking "magic in battles" patch?

I picked the three i can provide information to.

1.) That maybe a text-bug or something like that.
I got that too, but after selling slaves several times i checked his mood and he told me he was happy with everything i do.

2.) I had Tournaments from the very start with human male, Saurus and Beastman chars.
Maybe race related?

7.) In sieges and ship battles magic is disables for game balance.
I guess AI couldn't handle it and it would be too easy to nuke the AI away.

Back
Top Bottom