SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Users who are viewing this thread

I tried downloading the mod, but winrar gives me an error with it. I don't understand. It seems a lot of people are getting the same from downloading at moddb.

Is the .rar corrupted or what? How have you fixed this?

I just attended a Chaos faction feast and I have to say that you guys did an absolutely amazing job with the visuals for the chaos lords. Kudos.

I started as a human and made peace with Chaos by paying a lord off. I have to sneak into their towns and castles when not at war with them for some reason. I can quite happily sneak into the castle's throne room and attend a feast and no one cares but when I sneak into a town I can't access the throne room. Seems a bit odd.

There's a greatsword that the Bretonnnian Merchant tavern guy is selling that has no stats and a weird description.

I still don't get why we can find new settlements over at Estalia which are anything but Estalia.

Will all this change in the future? Encountering Nippon at the New World also looks weird.

It is strange, because there are parts which are nicely than (canon wise), and other just feel like random invents (CHAOS DWARF COLONIES? I mean... what??).

Dsy6BL5WoAUt9eL.jpg

Revan Shan said:
(CHAOS DWARF COLONIES? I mean... what??).

Chaos Dwarfs rule, that's what. 

Estalia are extremely unlikely to be added.

Keep reporting bugs guys, they're being noted. Feedback too.

kraggrim said:
Revan Shan said:
(CHAOS DWARF COLONIES? I mean... what??).

Chaos Dwarfs rule, that's what. 

Estalia are extremely unlikely to be added.

Hmmm. But why? There are conquistador assets out there. It wouldn't be difficult.

Plus. You could add estalian cities at least, giving them to beastmen. spotting new places feels weird as a Warhammer fan.

And yes. Chaos Dwarves are awesome, but they have their place already.
Keep reporting bugs guys, they're being noted. Feedback too.

First of all I'd like to thank everybody who contributed to the new beta and all the changes that come with it. It is truly an ambitious mod, but we all knew that already. :wink: The new magic system is absolutely marvelous and I'm really digging the sheer amount of content in this mod. It feels more than enough, insofar as Warband allows.

With all that said, are you guys going to start polishing the mod for the non beta release once you iron out the critical bugs and stuff?

You guys have added some things like the new musket sounds although it seems to be just one sound per musket/pistol, instead of a variety that would make shooting the things more satisfying. Though now they do sound satisfying and like they pack a punch, they can still be improved. Firing particles are still the disgusting vanilla ones. I must say that I am a bit disappointed with the lack of polish in this version overall, things like landscapes and flora, skyboxes and sounds. They, together with the yet unfinished map party and settlement icons, are the only things keeping this bad boy from feeling finished in my eyes.

----------------------------------

I am going to add a list of things/suggestions that are still really bugging me in this mod.  Things that I believe could transform it from being an unpolished gem into a polished gem. I will try to do it in order of importance, from the most to least important things. I realize I have said this before, twice now, and years apart, but I'd just like to hear your updated stance on it all and remind you. Please don't hold it against me. I love this mod and I see how quickly and easily it can be polished, to my standards and liking, at least, and would just love nothing more than for some almost game breaking things for my own inner perfectionist to be axed, so I can sink in countless and countless hours in it.

1.) Musket sounds and particles
An absolutely critical one for me, but the worst part of it has been mended. Although the current sound is good, the problems that remain are that there is no variety in shooting sounds like in WFAS or other mods, which takes from the organic and satisfying feel of the muskets. So just add more variety to them, if you can! Likewise, the sounds get "overshadowed" by other sounds and not all muskets can be heard if they fire at once. The particle that gunpowder weapons release is likewise that of the crossbow, which can easily be changed into a visible model of a round bullet (Will take some digging, but I believe I can find it, and this looks really cool)

2.)Landscapes look plastic and random battle terrain is very uneven, as in vanilla
By far the bigest gripe and pet peeve are the landscapes. They take away from immersion more than anything, and as they are ever present, even more than the gun sounds. The terrains are small, obscured, hilly, and ugly, making for uneven and dull fights where hills spoil cavalry charges and generally look cartoony, unimmersive and plastic. While you guys did improve the environments somewhat, most notably the ground textures, it just doesn't seem to be nearly enough.

The simple addition of Polished Landscapes transforms this instantly, something I have tried to do even in this version of the mod but as expected, given that you warned me of scene incompatibilities, it didn't work in random scenes, causing a crash.
Still, I believe a limited or partial version of PL or some... any landscape/vegetation mod would benefit the game greatly, both in immersion and in practical means, since I think PL replaces all or most random battle scenes with far more natural ones. I can actually feel like fighting in the dark and dense forests of Talabecland with them. I believe examining and including anything would be worth it. Even if it is difficult.

Again, take a look at the two compared pictures. Calradia in Darkness + PL vs vanilla mod
unknown.png
unknown.png

3.) The sounds are plastic, particularly horse and soldier footsteps
I absolutely cannot stand hearing an army compromised of 1/3 cavalry sounding like a bunch of plastic hooves trotting on the ground. The vanilla sound is shallow, and gives the impression that the men are made of plastic and riding plastic horses. The sound of infantry moving is likewise lacking in variety and depth, sounding plain awful as it does. The sound of weapons clashing against armor feels unsatisfying as well, because the sounds do not give the impression that it is armor that is being hit.

There's several soundpacks out there but the most popular and most often used is More Metal Sounds. Does what it says. Makes everything sound more metall-y. Makes riding sounds and footsteps infinitely more satisfying, and gives more satisfying and well, in this case, logical sound feedback when hitting armor. Not ideal, but an obvious and superior choice.

----------------------------------

In a nutshell, the list of mods and ideas that I think this mod needs:
1.) More musket sound variety + visible flying bullet particle
2.) Polished Landscapes or an alternative. (For scenes and campaign map) https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=122423.0
3.) More Metal Sounds https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1044
4.) Calradia in Darkness (Overcast and gloomy skyboxes and darker themed main menus and certain buildings) https://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/3788/
5.) Unique settlement and party icons (I understand that this is planned and requires serious work, unlike the rest)
6.) Flying Missile Pack (tiny, light mod, makes brown blobs into visible flying arrows or bolts when fired. must have for every mod. No impact on performance whatsoever. Shame that the bannerlord devs did not think to include this and have stuck to the existing brown blobs) https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=905

Talk to me, o great Sigmar Khorne devs, and channel thy thoughts!!!.... please? :ohdear:

P.S.

As for BUGS, I have noticed that there is no way to back out from the dialogue where you choose whether to get drunk or leave with the tavernkeep. You simply must shill out the coin and get drunk to exit the dialogue screen.

Having constant CTD's when in battle with high elves for some reason. No script errors stated, just a freeze frame followed by a crash.

Also ranged magic seems very anemic/completely worthless. The ranged Slaanesh offensive abilities barely even damage enemies and the only powers that seem worthwhile in general are AOE's.

Something is definitely wrong about entering towns and cities that are not of your starting race. As a human I even get denied entry to wood elf and dwarf settlements and have to sneak in.

There is a mini-patch on the official 'Warsword Conquest' Discord channel, in the "mini-patches" section. It might help with some of the current issues. Not all, but some.

https://discord.gg/DA78zt6

EDIT: Or you can get the patch directly from my MediaFire here.

Just copy everything in the .rar file into the WSC module folder, and overwrite when prompted. I would recommend using 7-zip to open the .rar file, personally.

Warning: A new game is required for all changes to take effect.

---

It's still worth joining the Discord channel as well, to keep up-to-date with new developments, and any new patches that might be released.

The Amazon troop line that you can hire in taverns has the pretty female skin. Nakwatcha the Amazon companion has the standard human female skin. Was she kicked out of the tribe for being too ugly?

kevinflemming said:
There is currently a mini-patch available from the official Warsword Conquest Discord page, in the "mini-patches" section. It might help with some of the current issues. Not all, but some at least.

https://discord.gg/DA78zt6

Cheers kevin, forgot to link that.  Yeah as you guys can see Nameless is already cranking out fixes, so keep reporting please. Remember to check the list of known bugs on the moddb article.

Also here's the list of fixed bugs for the mini patch. This fix is game save safe but not all features will work until you start a new game
Fixed issues where minor missiles won't cool down after successful cast
Fixed issues where minor missiles won't do damage
Vampires can now use dhar magic
You can now leave tavern without being forced to get drunk if you entered drunk dialogue
Fixed 1 hand upstab animations
Lord can no longer cast missiles in sieges (may require new game to take effect)
Araby lords will no longer be naked in the castle (new game required to take effect)
Fixed issue where Ryze the grave call will not summon enough troops
Fixed issue where village name at top was wrong at village menu
Set chaos locations to be set to lords instead of random (new game required to take effect)
You can now set kingdom troops in camp menu before you have your own kingdom
cattle follow option always available
Fixes to chaos dwarf scenes

Yeah some people are getting a lot of crashes unfortunately. The WSE crash logs are reporting it as EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION. If anyone has a clue as to how to solve this please speak up. It seems pretty random, folk are reporting getting it when fighting many different types of enemies, goblins, high elves, skaven, bretonnians etc etc.
> Info
Time: 25/11/2018 02:05:25
Type: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005, 0x00000000, 0x58D83CC4)
> Stack trace
0x00610C5A mb_warband.exe+0x210C5A (??+0x0)
0x3C160AE6 ??+0x3C160AE6 (??+0x0)
0x3C160AE6 ??+0x3C160AE6 (??+0x0)
>

@kraggrim

EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION 0xC0000005

Looks like a stack overflow error related to Java. It normally happens when an application attempts to access freed memory/memory being used by another process. Mostly caused by programs that are using JNI code.

EDITED TO ADD: This was supposed to be a reply to Kraggrim...just noticed it did not quote him.

adrakken said:
Looks like a stack overflow error related to Java. It normally happens when an application attempts to access freed memory/memory being used by another process. Mostly caused by programs that are using JNI code.
Probably worth updating Java-related programs and drivers, etc. Or if that doesn't work, perhaps try rolling back Java to an earlier version. Something might be conflicting with it, same as when graphics drivers have a fit with older games and so on.

I recently updated everything (via Driver Booster), and have yet to test out the game properly, but I'll have a whirl later on when I feel up to it.

Back
Top Bottom