SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Users who are viewing this thread

carlosdelsol said:
How can i increase the battle size, the bar of the mod menu from camp doesn't affect the battle size. I would like to have bigger battles, they feel more epic. Plus in battle with big numbers the first round is cav vs my cav because of placement order.

The bar of the mod menu should works. At least it did for me. But in the end - try to use M&B Battle Sizer (type it in Google)

First, let me congratulate you on this fine project. I am awaiting the new version with greath antecipation. Take the time needed to give us a good patch.

As for bugs, while I bet you already fixed this obvious errors, let me give you some things I observed, and also some opinions:
-  the stats of the ellyrian reaver are over the top(ironflesh 13 and power strike 12), and upgrading it cause it to downgrade;
- the dragon prince many times use inferiors shields to the ones his inferior cavalry use;
- dodge is funny, the high elf recuit has it, but when upgrading it to infantry, it loses it. Also, detected inconsisntences with dodge on wood elves, dwarves (are they supposed to just no have it? While they have good ranged, they suck balls on melee, and I think this is not what the dwarves are about. They are good at ranged, but they should be tough);
- good that the pirate kingdom got scrapped, there are other races who should get more focus, and they are kinda meh to me. Bring the ogres on!!!;
- I like the notion of removing the ladies, as this mechanic can be really weird on many races, like skaven (where females are only breeders), lizardmen (born on spawnning pools), orcs and goblins (no females, and it seems that the space theory where they are fungi got adopted by the fantasy universe?), tomb kings (undead who really dont enjoy any of the pleasures of life anymore), undead (they are undead), chaos (chaos warriors are not alive anymore, and only care for power and war);
- good to know about the chaos division, it fleshes out Chaos and makes it more interesting;
- it seems you already know about the map problems, patrols stuck on the top of mountains, ships that cant get on land and so royal traders and pirate ships can only glare at you (incidentaly making ulthuan a lot safer than it will be after this get fixed, hehehe);

As for the horse archer fix, It seems it is already in place? At least I am seeing the PBOD mod preferences options with it there.

Unfortunately I don't think the PBOD Skirmish mode helps nearly as much as the custom horse archer AI that is used in some mods like TLD. Not sure if PoP has the same one that got ported over or an entirely new one.

Ranven said:
I wonder if this is possible to keep ladies for wood/high/dark elves and humans and dwarfs with exclusion the rest.
  What I turn in last and what is in the final mod are likely to be two different things.

What I turned in is all I can comment on; anything else is speculation or gets pushed back, or someone considers it a fight.
  I don't really have time for fighting; if they want it, its there, if not, its not my place to force it down anyone's throat.

I provided 2 and only 2 kingdoms ladies for
empire
    not dwarf
High Elf
    not chaos dwarf  --> it looks like the skin for female dwarf will be removed and reassigned to something undetermined*
                                  (or maybe just reserved for patch 1, to give more time for modeling)
  Chaos  but if Nameless feels its a role playing violation he can certainly remove them, but if so should adjust script_initialize_aristocracy accordingly
    not Tomb Kings
    not Lizardmen
    not Night Goblins
  Araby
    not Orcs
  Bretonnia
  Dark Elves
    not Skaven
  Kislev
    not Beastmen
  Nippon
    not Vampire Counts  (as no female vampire skin exists as yet, although a virtual skin is reserved in the prejudice table if ever implemented)
  Wood Elves

That's the 18 kingdoms that exist in game.
  So if the old style was 20 ladies per kingdom, it used to need 360 kingdom ladies.  Now it uses 18 kingdom ladies, but I had no permission to "waste" 18 heroes on ladies.  It certainly was yet another source of friction.  Perhaps 18 ladies is too many; perhaps it is enough.  The main thing is to disable the script that drives courtship of NPC to NPC called from simple_triggers as a background task, so the other lords don't scoop up the now rare ladies and that script_initialize_aristocracy never assigns any of these as wives instead of sister/daughters that can be married off to the player.

I really wanted to see the rest of the team fight for diplomacy instead of considering it a sudden huge burden.  I think if some of diplomacy is turned off, it won't bother the people that hate it and if that means something someone else likes wont be there, less harm is done.  After all, the alternative was to have none of it at all, which is how it would go if there isnt consensus.

As for me, I can turn off as much of it as needed; its harder to enable something than disable it.  For that matter, I could critique any number of things, but ultimately the only purpose to adding art, or code -- which is a special case of art, is to add something practical.  Otherwise we should all play Native, and avoid changes to the game.  I'm cool with putting fewer features in so long as what stays in is liked.  If it leads to a great deal of contention I'm cool with walking the code away, some or all of it.  Its not my mod.

EDIT: I've discussed with Nameless Warrior and I think we have a solution going forward to salvage the parts of Diplomacy that all the team liked while reducing the number of features that some of the team found problems with.  I'm perfectly satisfied to not feel code has to be all or nothing, just like any other art has to be all or nothing.  I am not the same category of art critic as some of the more volatile team members; if I'm plutonium at least sometimes I shine.  Its not about me anyway; its about finding the right mix of capabilities, some of which were expected to have on/off toggles accessible by the user so they could customize their experience according to their willingness to take risk or sense of conservative "I don't trust changes".

Some things were delivered as place holders, and expected to demonstrate how a schema works, such as bandit spawns.  As you'll recall, bandit spawns were not well working in 2016.  Never forget that instead of complaining about the color of paint, a house first starts with primer.  If not a house, than consider an automobile.  We're not at war; I simply delivered all the code that needed to come from me, and now its a function of removing the parts that don't fit.  This is a process that doesn't need me to drive it. 

This isn't an aside to Ranven, just to the person that needed it.  If Nameless has a specific need that I can fulfill, and I have time, it will surely be done.  But I did my part, and if I'm to be a bit player I played my bit.  I don't really see what the fuss is about otherwise, but I expect the persons not happy don't understand the code.  Nameless does understand it, and can be a better judge of what is right without further change, what was just a placeholder anyway, and what wasn't needed and can be safely turned off -- perhaps for patch 1, or left off for the next year.  It's still not my call.  I just have a layer of contribution.  I fight for my layer.  Anyone that wouldn't fight for their own layer isn't worth submitting one -- they don't believe in what they do enough to fight for it.  I respect fighting to keep bad code etc out -- just like I'd fight a bad model if it was seriously handicapping something.  Its better for me to say I gave my layer, whats done with it is out of my hands.

Except I think sometimes even Nameless didn't see how simple it was to give the person(s?) complaining what they said they wanted, without making it all or nothingI think he knows what to doWe should trust him and leave it at that.  Its HIS mod.  We each added layers.  But he's the head chef in the kitchen.  Let him cook.  That's why I'm not in discord -- it just seemed a place for fights.  I have more important things on my schedule than dev pvp.

I played an older version years ago, but this is incredible.  I was just visiting the Skaven cities and they are overwhelmingly amazing!  The only things I would like to see change are the addition of Freelancer and a less static war system.  When I downloaded I had visions of eventually doing the Cortez thing on the Lizard Men with my Sigmar Army, but unless I go rogue, that isn't going to happen.  We've just been at war with Sylvania and Chaos for over 100 days.  Looking forward to the new release!

Macmillan said:
Is there any update on a new release date since passing the mid-late August aim? I'm properly hyped for this.

Nameless Warrior said, 18 hours ago, on Moddb, when asked about end of September release:
"It is not out of the question. We still need to tweak diplomacy to where we need it to be, fix a few outstanding issues, and collate a few more works alongside some magic refinement. Certainly no chance within the next 2 weeks. There is a decent chance we will be ready in the tail end of September.

We rushed the mod out a little too quickly at the end last time when with hindsight we should have waited to fix a few things first. We will be more prudent this time.

I am not going to post another article as I don't feel release is that far away but I will try and keep information flowing on this front page more often."

I personally have nothing to add to his statement; it says everything needed.

gsanders said:
Macmillan said:
Is there any update on a new release date since passing the mid-late August aim? I'm properly hyped for this.

Nameless Warrior said, 18 hours ago, on Moddb, when asked about end of September release:
"It is not out of the question. We still need to tweak diplomacy to where we need it to be, fix a few outstanding issues, and collate a few more works alongside some magic refinement. Certainly no chance within the next 2 weeks. There is a decent chance we will be ready in the tail end of September.

We rushed the mod out a little too quickly at the end last time when with hindsight we should have waited to fix a few things first. We will be more prudent this time.

I am not going to post another article as I don't feel release is that far away but I will try and keep information flowing on this front page more often."

I personally have nothing to add to his statement; it says everything needed.

Excellent, thanks mate!

I probably already know the answer but i need to ask anyway, i saw some awesome screenshots on moddb from the new Chaos Daemons, are they a playable race ( or "gift" from a Chaos God? ) or only NPC lords?

On a day out, my two grandchildren started asking "are we there yet", (for a laugh, they are like that), so I said "soon", they then started asking, (in unison, they are like that), "is it soon yet"?  :wink:

Back
Top Bottom