SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Users who are viewing this thread

Wendek said:
Hey guys, got a question

I am by no means a lore expert, but I may have a nice suggestion. In Warhammer Total War the chaos warriors sometimes shout in name of various gods.

Slaanesh perverse glory!
Nurgle's pestilent glory!

I don't recall any for Tzeentch. These are probably just made up for the TW:W, but still they are great. Besides, Games Workshop worked alongside CA on the game, so it can be considered as "canon". 

Are you recording Chaos shouts for the new update? :smile:

Arsakes said:
If one may ask what's the focus of development  right now?
Is it scenes, modelling, scripting, items, effects?

You can read about that in last two entries on ModDB "Chaos Rises" from Jan 26th 2018 and "It's a kind of magic" from Nov 3rd 2017:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/warsword-conquest

Ramazon said:

Hah, my voice isn't near hammy enough to pull off any kind of Chaos supporter sadly. Nah, I'm just playing another, absolutely not WH-related game where you get up to 4 characters and I decided to name mine based on the Chaos Gods (well especially since you can play a poison build, so I immediately thought about Nurgle :grin: ) so now I'd like to give each one of them a small taunt/catchphrase related to his namesake. :smile:

Ramazon said:
Wendek said:
Hey guys, got a question

I am by no means a lore expert, but I may have a nice suggestion. In Warhammer Total War the chaos warriors sometimes shout in name of various gods.

Slaanesh perverse glory!
Nurgle's pestilent glory!

I don't recall any for Tzeentch. These are probably just made up for the TW:W, but still they are great. Besides, Games Workshop worked alongside CA on the game, so it can be considered as "canon". 

Something like "Tzeentech's ever changing glory" or Tzeentechs's conspiring glory"  maybe?

As the lagging on the main map has already been reported, here is a possible fix for most of the lagging:

replace the WSC map textures with the Native ones (or even lower res than native). Sure it won't look nice but a strategic map has to be informal rather than nice looking and lagging :wink:

Maybe put some optional folder with low res map textures for those experiencing lagging (or even extreme low res with just 1 color)

SE4 R@1DER said:
As the lagging on the main map has already been reported, here is a possible fix for most of the lagging:

replace the WSC map textures with the Native ones (or even lower res than native). Sure it won't look nice but a strategic map has to be informal rather than nice looking and lagging :wink:

Maybe put some optional folder with low res map textures for those experiencing lagging (or even extreme low res with just 1 color)
Didn't think of that. Thanks! I'll try it out when I get around to playing again. Currently had a stint on PoP, and taking a little break for now.

I've always thought too much effort was put into the map, to be honest. Even on Native. Not to take away any extra effort put into it, in the first place. I appreciate effort, for sure. Just that as you say, it only needs to convey the utmost basic information. I barely take any notice of how "nice" it is anyhow (except perhaps at the first loading of a mod and I go "ooh, fancy" then never mention it again). Primarily focused on what is going on around me, troops-wise, rather than how it all looks.

If lower resolution map textures help, then I would definitely prefer that. It won't matter about how good your PC is. Mine is ridiculously-expensive and WSC is the most stuttery game/mod I have ever played lol. It's the limitations of the Warband engine. Only so much can be done to try and help the stutter issues, but there are limits.

SE4 R@1DER said:

most of the lag is from icons over water and the icon for players.  There are also a number of 0.3 hour timer events that slow the overland map, mainly to support sea travel detection of land so as to park the ship and eject the party it was carrying.  Since more than just the player could be travelling by sea ALL parties on the map are checked for status as to whether they are on water or not and every party that was on water is then checked to see if those parties have struck land, and if so to exchange their icon.  These were most of the lag on the map.

I have turned off the icon changing trigger when the space button is pressed and early reports are that the map lag has been reduced when fast travelling. I will look into further adjustments later.

Hope phantasy is going well gsanders :smile:

Silly random useless thought, I know along time ago in morrowind modding that a lot of people experienced lag due to overlapping of audio for movements due to the game trying to track movement and applying files ... so if their are overlapping audio files for sea/sailing movements and various types of walking speeds (horse back vs. ship vs. on foot vs. different races?) would that impact the lag given so many moving lords? Because that would seem like a some what unnecessary addition if you are also thinking of lowering the maps look. 

Nameless Warrior said:
I have turned off the icon changing trigger when the space button is pressed and early reports are that the map lag has been reduced when fast travelling. I will look into further adjustments later.

Thank you very much for update guys! Good to know all is well.

I was quite surprised to hear about the Pirates being disbanded, but honestly I agree with this decision. The Pirate faction felt the least immersive of them all in this setting. In fact I have been roleplaying a Tilean mercenary of late (with Pirate human background chosen) and found myself recruiting only Leopard Company, Alcatani Fellowship, Braganzas Besiegers, Volands Venators and the Empire troops as core, not the Pirates. I think it will be even better if pirates are also mercenaries.

Also if it means more power to Skaven, then that is great. In my Tomb King playthrough the Skaven and Beastmen are long forgotten, in fact now the High Elves are invading these lands, ruled by Bretonnians. In the meantime Kislev just recently has taken Mount Vanir from chaos, so our previous reports and your notes in this update are valid.

Not sure if you have seen my post where I commented about removal of marriage, so I will mention it again as it bugs me. Is there chance to remove all the Ashiks and Bards and replace them with Travelers? This mod is very punishing when it comes to loosing battles (and that happens a lot) when our companions are scattered around the world taverns. It is always a choice between focusing on search for them, or going on for days and days with the hope that we well eventually stumble upon them. How about a single NPC (sort of Oracle) somewhere in the world who could tell us where our companions are.

Also, just a thought. Have you guys ever considered adding the working areas like in the Viking Conquest - Farm,Lumber Yard, Salt Mine, Stone Mine? I was thinking these could be switched a bit to fit the Warhammer world so we could have a Farm in Empire, Lumber Yard in Kislev, a Gold Mine in the Dwarf Kingdom (I know one town occupied by goblins in Warhammer Total War 1, and I think by orcs in Warsword, had a legendary gold mine building option, I could look that up) and a Warpstone Mine in Skaven areas. Would be a great change of pace (I actually liked to go work in these places from time to time in Viking Conquest) and a small boost for money, especially at the start, or when being broke.

Nameless Warrior said:

You would be surprised to know I spent the day thinking of a presentation driven character generator from Floris extended modified for specific needs of Phantasy 2018 and how it would be adapted to WC 2016.  I casually calculate WC 2016 had around 600 distinct variations on final character after considering the 8 possible answers at cb1, cb2, cb3 for 18 factions and with male and female adjusts.  Now that you have 2? 3? more factions and 1 less faction this still makes for a complex character generator, with what 850 or so outcomes?  I think I only need to worry about 250 or fewer outcomes.  Even so, it became easier to make the generator than write documentation.  Your case will be more of the same, but with even more text to display.  How about I just make one and if you like it I can port just what were dumping as 6000 lines  in game_menus as a presentation players can run then when they are happy confirm to keep their character and the lists etc driving it can be cleaned and recycled for general re-purpose later.

I haven't really looked at WC 2018 since November (if the drive is even still there) but I wanted the diplomacy etc to be very clean before offering it to you, and as you mentioned you didnt want to see lords recycling or hopping factions.  I did manage to clean up (recently!) the notice spam from diplomacy events, and I think I have map travel very clean at the moment, although between v150 P3 and P4 a simple change of animations greatly lowered map, and P4b cleaned that so that map is full speed again.  I did finally get dual stab spears working with the skins and casting animations I had (mainly by removing many casting animations).  I certainly found and solved a class of AoE issues when either the caster or target is mounted. I'll send you some of those so you can not waste as much time on reinventing the wheel, but  as I understand it you're pretty much past those anyway.  I every so often see certain problems still pop up, else I would have sent a care package earlier.

I expect the new generation v160 Phantasy about a month from today, more or less for my 57th birthday, by which time I think most of the things that would have made my base untenable for WC 2018 will be solved.  As it was my flub up for sea battles, I'll also look at that, if only for a "how do I navigate port to port around this curved island" perspective.  VC solved it and there are new opcodes for that, but their fix involves adding invisible ports sticking out into water so ships never actually touch land.  At least that removes one layer of my list based checking.  I regret using lists so freely in 2016, but lists in 2018 are subtly different, and I think perhaps 1/3 to 8 times faster during worst case corner conditions.  I've changed the way lists insert and delete for the general case of not adding/deleting at the end of a list (stack mode).  I think you can see the map travel difference.  Your map travel has roughly 20% more parties but especially bandit creation and kingdom parties can be split across 3 waves like I did for Phantasy 2018 to end up with a spread spectrum use of bandwidth instead of one big peak that causes a pulse of lag.  You already had timings moved around in 2016 but I've got some more tricks since then.  I'm willing to share the best of those practices, I just didn't want to donate garbage so its been held back. 

I'm mostly outside spell making and instead looking at core systems again, which I think is what I do/did best.  I did speed up Guspav's spells but I can't say that's been my best input.  I kind of have to rip up the Rigale layer a bit for next generation, which you (or Guspav) never asked for in the first place, to solve some persistent issues (have to click twice to enter town, sometimes get stuck in menus -- and only with Rigale active).  I think some of my dynamic resists, ability to define a global blessing or curse, and decoupling of agent stats/skills/resists/ encumbrances from troop stored values allows battlefield buffs and debuffs with no risk of perverting permanent values stored for the troop by plug pulling after a buff etc.  I'll say your art, scenery, and modeling teams are hyperactive and I think your magic effects will be therefore much prettier.  You're a good, clever, careful coder while I've been sort of an obsessive yet flaky coder.  I'd say I became much stronger in the last 9 months than I was at any time you had me in 2016.  I'm sorry you've seen nothing from me this year.

I'll PM you, "Soon".

- GS

It seems that Queek have not found himself in the role of a Vampire Count  :lol:

tY38ERc.jpg

Hello Warsword fans. I am surely not the only one eagerly waiting for the new release. Fingers crossed.

Maybe someone could help me with an issue with other mod? I need to decrease the garrisons size. 500+ soldiers in towns and castles means even longer grind, which I have no time for.

I've found some solution somewhere in the forum but it doesn't seems to work. I've changed the min. and max. reinforcement numbers in party_template.txt but I can't notice any significant impact on garrisons.

Is there some other way? Did anyone tried to do it?
Thanks

You could try giving yourself a head start trough the console, probably less hassle than changing lord and garrison forces, wich I think won´t decrease for a long time until troops are taken out/lost in the castles/armies after changing the numbers.

So I recently re-downloaded the game... and none of the lords will leave their castles?

Edit: Weird when I looted a village the game seemed to act normal after that . . .

gsanders said:
Nameless Warrior said:

You would be surprised to know I spent the day thinking of a presentation driven character generator from Floris extended modified for specific needs of Phantasy 2018 and how it would be adapted to WC 2016.  I casually calculate WC 2016 had around 600 distinct variations on final character after considering the 8 possible answers at cb1, cb2, cb3 for 18 factions and with male and female adjusts.  Now that you have 2? 3? more factions and 1 less faction this still makes for a complex character generator, with what 850 or so outcomes?  I think I only need to worry about 250 or fewer outcomes.  Even so, it became easier to make the generator than write documentation.  Your case will be more of the same, but with even more text to display.  How about I just make one and if you like it I can port just what were dumping as 6000 lines  in game_menus as a presentation players can run then when they are happy confirm to keep their character and the lists etc driving it can be cleaned and recycled for general re-purpose later.

I haven't really looked at WC 2018 since November (if the drive is even still there) but I wanted the diplomacy etc to be very clean before offering it to you, and as you mentioned you didnt want to see lords recycling or hopping factions.  I did manage to clean up (recently!) the notice spam from diplomacy events, and I think I have map travel very clean at the moment, although between v150 P3 and P4 a simple change of animations greatly lowered map, and P4b cleaned that so that map is full speed again.  I did finally get dual stab spears working with the skins and casting animations I had (mainly by removing many casting animations).  I certainly found and solved a class of AoE issues when either the caster or target is mounted. I'll send you some of those so you can not waste as much time on reinventing the wheel, but  as I understand it you're pretty much past those anyway.  I every so often see certain problems still pop up, else I would have sent a care package earlier.

I expect the new generation v160 Phantasy about a month from today, more or less for my 57th birthday, by which time I think most of the things that would have made my base untenable for WC 2018 will be solved.  As it was my flub up for sea battles, I'll also look at that, if only for a "how do I navigate port to port around this curved island" perspective.  VC solved it and there are new opcodes for that, but their fix involves adding invisible ports sticking out into water so ships never actually touch land.  At least that removes one layer of my list based checking.  I regret using lists so freely in 2016, but lists in 2018 are subtly different, and I think perhaps 1/3 to 8 times faster during worst case corner conditions.  I've changed the way lists insert and delete for the general case of not adding/deleting at the end of a list (stack mode).  I think you can see the map travel difference.  Your map travel has roughly 20% more parties but especially bandit creation and kingdom parties can be split across 3 waves like I did for Phantasy 2018 to end up with a spread spectrum use of bandwidth instead of one big peak that causes a pulse of lag.  You already had timings moved around in 2016 but I've got some more tricks since then.  I'm willing to share the best of those practices, I just didn't want to donate garbage so its been held back. 

I'm mostly outside spell making and instead looking at core systems again, which I think is what I do/did best.  I did speed up Guspav's spells but I can't say that's been my best input.  I kind of have to rip up the Rigale layer a bit for next generation, which you (or Guspav) never asked for in the first place, to solve some persistent issues (have to click twice to enter town, sometimes get stuck in menus -- and only with Rigale active).  I think some of my dynamic resists, ability to define a global blessing or curse, and decoupling of agent stats/skills/resists/ encumbrances from troop stored values allows battlefield buffs and debuffs with no risk of perverting permanent values stored for the troop by plug pulling after a buff etc.  I'll say your art, scenery, and modeling teams are hyperactive and I think your magic effects will be therefore much prettier.  You're a good, clever, careful coder while I've been sort of an obsessive yet flaky coder.  I'd say I became much stronger in the last 9 months than I was at any time you had me in 2016.  I'm sorry you've seen nothing from me this year.

I'll PM you, "Soon".

- GS

Gsanders from your words you can clearly understand how good is to make a pause sometimes when handling big ambitious projects. I'm happy to hear from you. I wish you the  best results but I'm pretty sure you are already on the path.

Back
Top Bottom