SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Users who are viewing this thread

Ramazon said:
Chaplain said:
Oi, lads? Does anybody know where's grenades? It's mentioned in developer's list and in files but where 'em?

What do you mean by grenades exactly? I don't recall them from notes. Literal grenades do not exist. However there are 3 types of throwables in game, accessible and buyable from cheat menu item browser:
Liche Spell : 4 uses AoE throwable - used by Tomb King Liche Priest units
Poison Ball thingie: 3 use AoE throwable - used by Skaven (probably globadiers if there are such)
Naphta bomb: 2 use AoE throwable -  I think they are used by someone from Arabia, just saw big fireballs in fight with them, either master thieves or sand wraiths

@Nameless, Polloio

I have now played three different long games (200-300 days) I observed these balancing issues between factions:

- Skaven were eliminated completely in 2 out of 3 games, in the third they were in bad position as well. They can't take Bretonia and Wood Elves at once.
Update to above point: Bretonia is holding nearly whole Beastmen land, and most of Skaven lands. Today the High Elves declared war on them, and soon after Wood Elves did the same. That is very interesting and I love it. Proof that your scripts are working nicely. I was afraid that "good" factions will remain at peace and completely wipe out the "evil" ones.

- Beastmen were eliminated in 1 game soon after Skaven, around 100 days, so that is very quick. Maybe the new tier units will help them.
- Chaos is getting badly beaten by Kislev in each game, they take Askreved and nearly always everything down to Mount Vanir
- High Elves vs Dark Elves are at a constant draw (I reported that earlier). They keep fighting for either Arnheim Fortress or Black Fortress.
- Other factions are also at a draw, they loose one fort, they take one fort, rince&repeat.

I think that infinite draw is actually desirable outcome from immersion point of view, at least from my experience. The only boring part is that its always the same forts being fought over, but you could say that this is where the player should come in. There is a certain charm to the fact that factions hold the lands we expect them to, I am not a big fan of Bretonian Skavenblight etc.
I think that only Skaven really need some help, or maybe a buff. Maybe Chaos and Beastmen as well, but there is a chance they will get stronger with the new units you plan to give them.

Yes, I agree. Skaven are gone, Beastmen are nearly gone and Chaos is totally smashed with 2 areas left, even with me helping on and off. All by day 175

+++ Also, forgot to add.

The real issue I see is that lords rarely get new troops. So I encounter lords from every faction running around with 17, 25, 40 men. Faction leaders tend to have 100+ most times, but not always. I am thinking that this is the reason why some factions, ones who are fighting 2-3 local factions get destroyed.

Hey team,

Would it be possible to add the female hair (blonde) from these packs:
https://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/6156
https://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/6112/
to elves in the next update, or make an elf companion with it? I reckon it would look amazing with White Lion armor, and also you could use it to make Everqueen as Lord later (I wonder how it would look on a chaos guy haha. After all Sigvald was sporting similar golden locks).

It does seem like credits for it are Adeline, Waswar and Invasion 2 Team, but there is no note about re-using it. However it is used in these two packs after all, and according to both uploaders comments' these resources were a bit abandoned so I believe that adding the authors to credits should be ok.

Update:
Managed to make it work on my own. Tried working with modules and skins files, but had lots of errors or duplicate meshes in game. Finally, by trial & error, I narrowed it down to simply using OpenBRF to replace the Gekokujo hairstyles with the ones from Virake's mod. It happens that 4 or 5 hairstyles are bugged anyway (black spots showing where hair meshes are not scaled/adjusted with head), so there is no loss.

I have used this mod as source:
Virake's Male and Female Face Replacer Compilation

Here's result:
WPTlCdN.jpg

Hi! Is there an option in this mod or mount and blade in general to get planting/bracing spears, the ability to couch on foot with them or boost their attack a bit the spear fight amongst infantry units. I liked a lot the idea of an archer/spear alone character. But i know in mount and blade spears on foot are pretty useless for lonesome fighters. That could be a nice adittion to the mod and the overall gameplay of warband.  :party:

In general there's such option, however is rather useless.
What helps spear fighting is:
1) Overhead animation by pc
2)  Placing yourself as member of formation (there was an option like this).

What helps to fight with spears is learning some animation exploits. For example, you can stab for full damage at even point blank range with any weapon, if you begin your stab facing away and then dragging the spear onto your target during the attack animation.

Any rough ideas about when the next realease might be?

Wondering wether its worth starting any new games considering how much awesome new stuff is coming.

Tyrgalon said:
Any rough ideas about when the next realease might be?

Wondering wether its worth starting any new games considering how much awesome new stuff is coming.

If you missed it, there has been an  update on January 26th on ModDB:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/warsword-conquest

No release date yet at the time in that entry.

Well that was an interesting post, really makes the prospect of playing with Chaos much more interesting than before, especially as Slaanesh/Tzeentch followers are so rarely shown in WH-based games (I think the Daemonette is literally the only unit I've seen for Slaanesh ? And I know even less about Tzeentch). Not that it'll stop me from playing a flea-ridden rotting Nurgle follower anyway :grin:

I'll miss the kingdom ladies, I sorta liked having my wife riding along with me into battle even if I couldn't level or equip her with decents stuff.
(also I found it funny to watch the chaos weddings as everyone stands around with chopped off heads hanging from their armours as the happy bride walks down the isle).
That said the upcoming changes look really interesting

Ener said:
I'll miss the kingdom ladies, I sorta liked having my wife riding along with me into battle even if I couldn't level or equip her with decents stuff.

That was my first impression, but after a second thought I realized I never actually pursued a wife in any of my playthroughs.

I wonder could that mean we will also get rid of Wandering Ashiks and save room for more important NPCs in taverns. I would love return of Travelers to locate my lost companions (the world is huge, so it really is a problem). I play with Saves allowed (after I had a corrupt save in one mod and lost a lot of progress), but I restrict myself from reloading the game even if I loose, so I get that problem all the time.

Hey Guys a few questions:

Is there a way to find out if companions are noble? (found nothing on the internet so far) i only played mods where this actually matters. (looking in the files would be also ok)
Also i could not find any special personality ( for example Upstanding, martial) stuff like this, for every lord in the game.

So if im going to create my own kingdom are they all act the same?

Offtopic:
I played several mods before this one, like perisno acok 1257 and a lot of others. And i always thought the models for example giants in perisno are created by the modder itself but actually this mod used them before. or later i dont know.
is this normal in the modding buisness? is this stealing or do they all have the permissions? i was just wondering because there are so many models (especially Equipment) that are copies.

dattelmann said:
Hey Guys a...
...that are copies.

Fairly certain all companions are just standard, with no personalities, and the whole "Noble" thing doesn't matter. WSC isn't like other mods, and will be even less so when the next update comes rolling in. You can use who you want, whenever you want. I've never had an issue with companions in quite a few hours of playing.

Unsure about Lords. Can't say I have ever noticed while talking to them. Perhaps somebody else has more information on that one.

Assets that are the same across certain mods (you can see this in many of them) tend to come from OSPs (Open Source Projects), which have permission by the creator for everybody to use, without any issues. There are a lot of changes coming to WSC soon, with the creation of custom content by the modders themselves, particularly characters, equipment and scenes.

Ramazon said:
It is not out yet. In fact we don't even know any estimated date of release.
They never give dates. It gets people's hopes up, and if they need to take extra time to fix or polish something, sometimes people get a bit pissy about it.

Easier to not say anything and just release it when it's done.

kevinflemming said:
Ramazon said:
It is not out yet. In fact we don't even know any estimated date of release.
They never give dates. It gets people's hopes up, and if they need to take extra time to fix or polish something, sometimes people get a bit pissy about it.

Easier to not say anything and just release it when it's done.

So is the only thing that is still out just the one released in 2016?

Foremole said:
So is the only thing that is still out just the one released in 2016?
Yup, that is the latest "stable" version on ModDB.

There is an experimental version somewhere here in this topic called "Warsword Rigale", IIRC. Search this topic for it, using the search bar in the top-right corner and there should be a post about it, with a download link (unless it was removed at some point). Not sure how stable it is. Has been a while since I've lurked on the forums and haven't played WSC for quite some time now.

EDIT: It's probably a pain in the arse to find, though. You might just be better off using the ModDB version, to be honest.

Hey guys, got a question not directly related to the mod but more a question of curiosity for the Warhammer fans/lorehounds around here : what would be a recognizable phrase/sentence from each of the four Chaos Gods ?
For Khorne it's bloody easy : "Blood for the Blood God" / "Skulls for the Skull Throne".
For Nurgle I'm actually struggling a bit, I obviously know his general theme but I'm less sure about what would be an actual "catchphrase" that screams "This is a Nurgle follower quote" and not simply "This is gross".
For Tzeentch and Slaanesh I have absolutely no clue.

Wendek said:
Hey guys, got...
...absolutely no clue.
The only phrases I know of are from 40k, but they might be useful enough to formulate your own in some way. Take a few keywords from each and make up your own perhaps? I'm not really wise in the ways of Warhammer enough to help more than that, though. Where is pollolio when you need him? :shifty:
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Quotes_Chaos

Chii said:
Which do you think will be released first? The update for this mod or Bannerlord?  :ohdear:
No idea. I wouldn't like to even guess for either. All in due time.

Back
Top Bottom