SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Users who are viewing this thread

polloio said:
Vice said:
Is it just me or does it seem like every faction captures one castle...only to have that castle being recaptured very quickly after that...a rinse and repeat cycle.  Over 150 days in and the map looks about the same as day 1...

150 days in is already pretty early game, considering you have to build your army and all. Try joining a faction and getting down to some action by yourself, your actions will have consequences :wink:

I've joined up with Nipon as a vassal...However, whenever i take a dark elf or lizardman castle - they simply send all their vassals to take it back almost right away...is there any way to ensure i become marshal? or is it just random...I could certainly wreck havoc if I were the marshal!

I have a little suggestion for something that has bothered me for a while now. The dwarf troop tree is a "mess" with Hammerers left behind as a mid tier troop when they should be some of the
strongest warriors in dwarven society. Also having the slayers as a standard troop feels a little off. My suggestion is to remove the slayers from the standard warrior upgrade line, give them there own with slayer, troll slayer etc. That then leaves the Longbeards able to upgrade into Ironbreakers and Hammerers.

I would have show this with an image, but I am a noob at this forum stuff, so I gave up. I hope it is of help, if not, whatever, it's just me being bothered by details.

COMPANION MISSIONS BUG?

- Florin disapproves of mine sending out Eketi to gather support. Even though I do not have Eketi in my party and actually sent Eleanor.

- Bastich disapproves of mine sending out an "amazon heathen"(Nakwatcha?) to gather support although I never had such in my party.

Rgds, Oldtimer

Marcelx2x said:
Is the patch from june finished already? And is there a download link?

The patch from June turned into "the next version" as we found easier to work on the whole thing at the same time and Summer was in the middle of it. So, no download out yet but cheer up, lot of new content coming your way :wink:

polloio said:
The patch from June turned into "the next version" as we found easier to work on the whole thing at the same time and Summer was in the middle of it. So, no download out yet but cheer up, lot of new content coming your way, what will be relased tomorrow :wink:

Finally the wait is over  :iamamoron:

polloio said:
Vice said:
Is it just me or does it seem like every faction captures one castle...only to have that castle being recaptured very quickly after that...a rinse and repeat cycle.  Over 150 days in and the map looks about the same as day 1...

150 days in is already pretty early game, considering you have to build your army and all. Try joining a faction and getting down to some action by yourself, your actions will have consequences :wink:

Will any of the things i suggested make it to the patch? At least musket reloading animations/sounds/firing particles? Pretty please..

HARK THE HERALD GOOD PEOPLE OF THE OLD AND NEW WORLD!

Here is a link to the newest arcticle about Warsword Conquest's developement: http://www.moddb.com/mods/warsword-conquest/news/its-a-kind-of-magic/#6742754

Cheers to all! :grin:

@YourStepDad: we might consider working on them after the main bulk of the work is over.

polloio said:
HARK THE HERALD GOOD PEOPLE OF THE OLD AND NEW WORLD!

Here is a link to the newest arcticle about Warsword Conquest's developement: http://www.moddb.com/mods/warsword-conquest/news/its-a-kind-of-magic/#6742754

Cheers to all! :grin:

@YourStepDad: we might consider working on them after the main bulk of the work is over.

Eh.. that's kind of missing the point. Honestly I would prefer to work on those features first because they would make your existing content a lot more playable and enjoyable. Your mod is really rough on the edges and I keep postponing playing it because of that. I guess its your mod and you can prioritize as you please. Guess I won't be able to bring myself to play when the next patch is out still. :/

Don't worry YourStepDad your email from last year has never been that far from my mind. With the amount of modelling which still needs to be done I am sure I will have a chance to sort some of these things out. I haven't played a proper game of warband in years and I was not aware of any OSP mods which create bigger/smoother/better battlefields. I will have a look for some and if you know of one please let me know.

@tovias. Necromancy is the school of undeath and it will be available for skeleton, human and vampires (although if you are human it will change your relations negatively with other humans and your character will be on the evil alignment). It is only that school though and is not something which is available for all.

Nameless Warrior said:
@tovias. Necromancy is the school of undeath and it will be available for skeleton, human and vampires (although if you are human it will change your relations negatively with other humans and your character will be on the evil alignment). It is only that school though and is not something which is available for all.
Hell yeha, we spooks now
Lz4M6z9.png

Tovias said:
Nameless Warrior said:
Hell yeha, we spooks now
Lz4M6z9.png

I am not sure how necromancy works in other mods but I imagine that you raise dead troops after the battle and keep them in your party (at least I have seen that in an original mount and blade mod). It works a bit differently here in that you summon them to buff your army continually but you do not get to keep the new undead after the battle. That would be far too OP.

Nameless Warrior said:
I am not sure how necromancy works in other mods but I imagine that you raise dead troops after the battle and keep them in your party (at least I have seen that in an original mount and blade mod). It works a bit differently here in that you summon them to buff your army continually but you do not get to keep the new undead after the battle. That would be far too OP.
Well in CoMM, which has the greatest magic system I can think off, it uses a spell that allows you raise undead creatures from corpses or simply resurrect fallen units, this I consider the best kind of necromancy, adding a little bit of gimmicks after battle is even better, like being able to raise some corpses depending on casualties numbers or what not.
Regardless, I am all for any necromancy.
https://webmshare.com/play/eLQoq

Tovias said:
Well in CoMM, which has the greatest magic system I can think off, it uses a spell that allows you raise undead creatures from corpses or simply resurrect fallen units, this I consider the best kind of necromancy, adding a little bit of gimmicks after battle is even better, like being able to raise some corpses depending on casualties numbers or what not.

Looks amazing, I only played that mod for like 6 hours because I was short on time but I also liked that weekly Units grow feature in the Town where you can recruit anything if the requirement are meet. So the Units in the Video they are raised in Battle for the duration of that Engagement or can you keep them afterwards?

Cheers  :mrgreen:

LAST_ACTION_HERO said:
Looks amazing, I only played that mod for like 6 hours because I was short on time but I also liked that weekly Units grow feature in the Town where you can recruit anything if the requirement are meet. So the Units in the Video they are raised in Battle for the duration of that Engagement or can you keep them afterwards?

Cheers  :mrgreen:
Those units you see there are only there for the duraiton of the battle, the thing is that they are limited to the ammount of mana you have so the more mana you have, the more of the enemy army you can turn on them.
CoMM has some crazy good effects, for example here https://webmshare.com/play/3XyP8 these Devil units can teleport to enemies and cause AOE damage, I used them a lot on sieges since you could summon them with super expensive scrolls and desimate archers on walls. Shame it's hella dead now.
https://webmshare.com/play/oPWr0 Here, literally took this castle with defenders corpses by resurrecting them from the other side of the gate.

Tovias said:
Nameless Warrior said:

I just had a look at COMM videos and it looks amazing. The way the vampire lords work is genius and it has some really cool features like teleporting and fighting mounts like cerberus. I would love to play it if I had the time. I am pleased with what I have done but I don't think it will match that, certainly visually.

I thought about having the necromancy coming from fallen corpses but that is a bit restrictive and also the main warhammer spells just summon regardless so I kept it like that. Jade wizards have a spell called regrowth which heals and will also revives unconscious allies which works like that but only for unconscious troops.

Back
Top Bottom