SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Users who are viewing this thread

LAST_ACTION_HERO said:
I read the Topic you posted but could not get the modmerger to work properly, I guess its of my Win8 on my Notebook-Pc since some other tolls I used to mod other games won't properly work either, so i edit all in notepad++ so far did not post in the other topic since I thought it be more like a guide to read through for modding. I really liked the Diplomacy part and the Female Companion/Wife part, but had not yet time to look through all of it.

You should take this to Rigale forum topic PhoII.
  Because you asked here, Nameless Warrior wrote me concerned I've been giving away his source code, which absolutely is not the case.  To be clear, PhoII is a generic diplomacy which on Tuesday had 6 races (and thus 12 "genders") to drive testing of dialogs in the diplomacy source provided.  I've already found the dialogs as provided still need about 1500 lines of 5500 lines total in the file "module_strings.py" to support multi-race, yet another reminder that nothing worth doing comes easy or free.

I'll put a how to enable modmerger post over on Rigale in the PhoII topic, underneath the pinned stuff.
Rigale is taking a long break, as I think the entire economy system it uses needs rebuilding, but since I have the topic (on loan from Cernunos), I may as well put it to use.  It isn't Warsword Conquest -- not one model or line of code is lifted from WC.  Everything is generic and without claim by GW (which owns Warhammer).

The only relation to this forum was that the source driving Diplomacy - as - modded - for  - multiracial happens to pertain to Warsword Conquest as well.  That doesn't mean all of it replaces WC; it needs a nuanced merge.

I won't get around to naval issues this month -- the second half of my calendar is closed and the first half I'm about to take another dratted computer skills certification from Microsoft.  I did want to get some access to magic, by trading my time (worth nothing) for another person's time (worth plenty), and it looks like that had some success this week.
Ultimately WC will have magic or not from Nameless Warrior, not from anything I brokered, but I did come up with a cleaner abstracted magic system than before on Tuesday night (without having to make a spellbook presentation or blue mana bars) for companions and heroes other than the player -- before looking at another mod's code.  I feel it was God's way of resolving a personal moral issue -- I really wanted Magic code, but didn't want to ask another modder for it.  I didn't want to "steal" it; but also I didn't really need anything more than I already had if I wanted to make something for companions and nonplayer heroes.  I already had a grenade, a shotgun, and a single projectile; add buff and debuff and you've got most of the magic every mod wants.  Damage over time needs better slot management and thus a cleaned up data model, and that's exactly what was done in the last 10 days or so of my time.
But the next morning (Wednesday morning) I was allowed to see another mod's code, in return for a few days of my time.

I don't share WC code to other mods nor other mods code to WC.  I do share code I developed myself anywhere I wish, but so far that hasn't been something successful for me -- I still make zero dollars per year coding and about $3 per hour solving computer problems by telephone.  It's my great ambition to double that before I die.  I used to be worth something in USA, but that was another life.  I at least plan to die with some mod I've worked on being considered good work, but that also means I can't just abandon cleaning up my own mistakes.  There is plenty to clean up from last year's WC release, and Nameless Warrior has reserved a place for me to do so.  I'll be reporting for duty sometime "soon", but August is pretty much dead time for my calendar.

- GS

I just read the announcement about the next update, and the new system to replace honor. I would like to suggest that "good" factions not be penalized for raiding the "evil" factions, in addition to the evil factions not ever receiving the penalties. It seems unreasonable for my Lizardman to be looked down on for raiding a Chaos or Skaven village, for example. Anyway, just something to consider, thanks.

I'm having a lot of fun with the mod, but I've noticed the dungeon of Iron Rock is bugged. There's no exit on the inside so it's impossible to break a Lord out of jail.

Edit: Interestingly enough, I've found that accepting the mission to break a lord out of jail and then immediately telling the Lord I can't do the quest to cancel it results in a net profit of +1 Relations. So by accepting and canceling the mission three times in a row I was able to get a Lord I was at -3 Relations to 0, allowing me to build a business in his town like I had originally intended to do.

I was working on a personal project to make the Warsword map a bit more pleasing for myself, mostly in the form of making the mountains a bit more mountainlike. Don't think I'll ever have the time to finish it, but I did almost finish the old world. It should work without having to edit positions of villages and towns. It actually does require you to move some towns and villages, namely the dwarf settlements in between the empire and the badlands.

N5bTB.jpg

1uV50.jpg

u1Jot.jpg

g5n-0.jpg

If anyone wants to check it out.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/holh10gastip446/map.rar?dl=0

I think something like this is really necessary. The campaign map needs a lot of love and i certainly hope it will be given in the next patch. The feel of it all would transform with appropriate city and party icons, and with pretty geography. It will be a big shame if this does not make it into the new version in some shape or form.

Awesome mod, I've been having a GREAT time with it, but is there any possibility to include "Custom Commander" in the next release? That would make this even better. Cheers.

KiriKaneko said:
Does anyone know how to recruit lvl 1 "generic" companions? I've been searching taverns but I can only find the normal companions

Of the 83 companions, most are low level at start.  They each have starting towns, but after the first week or so will teleport to different taverns on a dice roll.
You would pretty much have to teleport quickly as well to catch them all.

So the generic companions rotate through taverns just like normal companions? Is there a way to distinguish them from ordinary companions? I'm playing the June 2016 version (the latest I think) and I am only seeing the normal companions in taverns even though they are meant to be fewer in number. Do they have their own names like normal companions or something generic sounding like "high elf companion" etc?

KiriKaneko said:
So the generic companions rotate through taverns just like normal companions? Is there a way to distinguish them from ordinary companions? I'm playing the June 2016 version (the latest I think) and I am only seeing the normal companions in taverns even though they are meant to be fewer in number. Do they have their own names like normal companions or something generic sounding like "high elf companion" etc?

They all seem like normal companions.  They have names, dialogs, and maybe likes/dislikes cloned off one real companion.  Essentially one companion was cloned 68 times or so then had name / face / sex /items changed.  Dialogs are all fairly similar.  The key thing is the large number of companions.  Native has about 1/4th as many.  There is code to restrict companions from spawning at towns hostile to their skin but they will randomly rotate with time.

Hm... I seem to remember someone from the team saying (back when those "generic companions" were added) that they will only (or maybe "overwhelmingly") stay in "friendly" towns, i.e. you won't find the Skaven generic companions in Empire towns, but in Skaven/Chaos/Beastmen towns instead. They also don't have any like/dislike, unlike the companions with a backstory.

Wendek said:
Hm... I seem to remember someone from the team saying (back when those "generic companions" were added) that they will only (or maybe "overwhelmingly") stay in "friendly" towns, i.e. you won't find the Skaven generic companions in Empire towns, but in Skaven/Chaos/Beastmen towns instead. They also don't have any like/dislike, unlike the companions with a backstory.

The companions all have filler for back story, just the back story isn't interesting or meaningful.  Nameless Warrior said they didn't have likes or dislikes, but I can't confirm this without burning more time than I feel like putting into it, as companions weren't my job responsibility.  The code for blocking companions for popping at unfriendly towns WERE my responsibility and look like this:

Code:
  #script_update_companion_candidates_in_taverns
  # INPUT: none
  # OUTPUT: none
  ("update_companion_candidates_in_taverns",
    [
    (try_begin),
        (ge, "$cheat_mode", 1),
        (display_message, "str_shuffling_companion_locations"),
    (try_end),

(try_for_range, ":troop_no", companions_begin, companions_end),
### just for debugging, a few less to watch at a time
#        (store_random_in_range, ":roll8", 1, 9),
#        (eq, ":roll8", 1),
###    
        (troop_set_slot, ":troop_no", slot_troop_cur_center, -1),
        (troop_slot_eq, ":troop_no", slot_troop_days_on_mission, 0),
        (troop_slot_eq, ":troop_no", slot_troop_occupation, slto_inactive),

(neg|troop_slot_ge, ":troop_no", slot_troop_prisoner_of_party, 0),

(troop_get_slot, ":town_home", ":troop_no", slot_troop_home),
        (assign, ":success", 0),

(try_for_range, ":count", 1, 6),    # up to 5 tries to place this NPC somewhere friendly/neutral
            (eq, ":success", 0),
            (store_random_in_range, ":town_no", towns_begin, towns_end),

(store_faction_of_party, ":faction_no", ":town_no"),

(call_script, "script_faction_to_skin2", ":faction_no"),
            (assign, ":skin1", reg2),

(str_store_faction_name, 6, ":faction_no"),
            (str_store_troop_name, 4, ":troop_no"),
            (str_store_party_name, 5, ":town_no"),

(call_script, "script_get_npc_race_relation", ":skin1", ":troop_no"),
            (assign, ":reln", reg1),

#           (display_message, "@{!}{s4} is checking {s5} faction {s6} reln: {reg1}"),

(ge, ":reln", 0),
            (assign, ":count", 5),
            (assign, ":success", 1),
        (try_end),

(assign, reg0, ":count"),

(try_begin),
            (eq, ":success", 0),
            (assign, ":town_no", ":town_home"),
        (try_end),

(try_begin),
 #           (neg|troop_slot_eq, ":troop_no", slot_troop_home, ":town_no"),
 #           (neg|troop_slot_eq, ":troop_no", slot_troop_first_encountered, ":town_no"),
            (troop_set_slot, ":troop_no", slot_troop_cur_center, ":town_no"),
            (try_begin),
                (ge, "$cheat_mode", 1),
                (str_store_troop_name, 4, ":troop_no"),
                (str_store_party_name, 5, ":town_no"),
                (display_message, "@{!}{s4} is in {s5}"),
            (try_end),
        (try_end),
    (try_end),
     ]),

I appreciate people trying to correct me, it helps me feel like I don't really know much.  This is true.

- GS

I have about 13 of these generic companions, mostly human, elves and dwarves, and there was never a complain (or a comment about a town or w/e) meanwhile the first non generic companion I had started talking to me rather quick.

Since we're talking about the generic companions... I keep thinking it would be fun to get a load of them and equip them all with shotguns. Do you think that would make sense or would it be better to let them have another ranged weapon?

Hesha said:
Since we're talking about the generic companions... I keep thinking it would be fun to get a load of them and equip them all with shotguns. Do you think that would make sense or would it be better to let them have another ranged weapon?
Give them whatever weapon you like. There is no right or wrong, best or worst when it comes to gearing-up companions. Go nuts! :fruity:

kevinflemming said:
Hesha said:
Give them whatever weapon you like. There is no right or wrong, best or worst when it comes to gearing-up companions. Go nuts! :fruity:
There might be no best/worst, but there is certainly a better/worse... :wink:

For example the Dwarven Shotgun is a better idea than the Blunderbus. But I was concerned that they might fire too soon when enemies are still out of range and then they are reloading when the enemies get into range...

Some Frenchman from up North said:
Tell them to hold fire then give the order when your enemies are in range.
Good advice! Tricky though, considering how fast some cavalry are... but I will try that. Would require to assign my companions a unique troop type, so I don't hold fire for all archers, I guess.

Indeed, it might be worth getting some training to time your volleys right. If anything fast cav can be shot by archers and you order your shotgunners to fire when the infantry shows up.

Back
Top Bottom