SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Users who are viewing this thread

kraggrim said:
D'Sparil said:
Anyone got a working link for Kraggy's Ogres? the old one is dead.

It was only compatible with a submod for an outdated version of Warsword, so I never bothered re-uploading it.

Ah, too bad, Im sure I could adapt them to work for personal use with the new version in a few minutes since the ogres havent changed much. The skin textures were much better than the ones we have now.

D'Sparil said:
Ah, too bad, Im sure I could adapt them to work for personal use with the new version in a few minutes since the ogres havent changed much. The skin textures were much better than the ones we have now.

I'll have a look for it at some point if you want to try. Some of the models were tweaked and remapped so they'd need swapped too. I presume you know how to use OpenBRF so should be fine.

kraggrim said:
@Dankmar, I see, I thought I remembered you posting high poly body/head models, must have been a different thread.

If only we could add high-poly models into warsword without having to worry about the lag... boy I'd spend like a day or so detailing every single model, there's no limits in the fun (and sometimes frustration) you can have with that

Dorfus145 said:
kraggrim said:
@Dankmar, I see, I thought I remembered you posting high poly body/head models, must have been a different thread.

If only we could add high-poly models into warsword without having to worry about the lag... boy I'd spend like a day or so detailing every single model, there's no limits in the fun (and sometimes frustration) you can have with that

That's why a mod like Grim Age had to have such a small scope: higher "beauty" quality demands fewer contents.

Does anyone actually know if it's intended that some troops have the "wrong" faction assigned?

Also, if not, would it be safe to change it or would it mess with some scripts? (For example: Troopviewer which might've compensated the wrong assignment already)

@WSC-Team I really hope you consider doing some sorting / re-arranging in the files, it's quite messy and yes, I know it's not considered to be easy for plebs to edit or mess around, but I figure it might be easier to edit on the fly in testing / balancing as well without having to recompile everytime :wink:

Edit: On a sidenote, is it possible that changing the dwarf merchant's skin to the proper one (by default he's got a Manling skin) causes a flaw in the spawning script or something? I did 2 test-runs now with teleporting and recruiting everyone everywhere, I don't seem to get him spawned anymore.

Meensai said:
Does anyone actually know if it's intended that some troops have the "wrong" faction assigned?

Also, if not, would it be safe to change it or would it mess with some scripts? (For example: Troopviewer which might've compensated the wrong assignment already)

@WSC-Team I really hope you consider doing some sorting / re-arranging in the files, it's quite messy and yes, I know it's not considered to be easy for plebs to edit or mess around, but I figure it might be easier to edit on the fly in testing / balancing as well without having to recompile everytime :wink:

Edit: On a sidenote, is it possible that changing the dwarf merchant's skin to the proper one (by default he's got a Manling skin) causes a flaw in the spawning script or something? I did 2 test-runs now with teleporting and recruiting everyone everywhere, I don't seem to get him spawned anymore.

Troops with the wrong faction assigned? :shock: Which ones?

Code's not my job (that's why the mod is still alive and working :lol:), so I'm leaving this answer to the ones more qualifed than me.

Fixed characters (Guildmasters, town merchants, village elders, tavern keepers) are chosen from a pool of random humans I think, that's why changing one's skin could virtually make it appear as the new skin randomly (Orc tavernkeepers in human cities, skaven guildmasters in chaos cities, etc.) . I read this a while ago here on TW (can't remember which mod's subforum though), corrections are welcome.

EDIT: We're about to enter the last 10 hours of the MOTY 2016 second (and last) phase, if you happen to want to drop a vote for Warsword Conquest, take your chance now :wink:

polloio said:
Fixed characters (Guildmasters, town merchants, village elders, tavern keepers) are chosen from a pool of random humans I think, that's why changing one's skin could virtually make it appear as the new skin randomly (Orc tavernkeepers in human cities, skaven guildmasters in chaos cities, etc.) . I read this a while ago here on TW (can't remember which mod's subforum though), corrections are welcome.

EDIT: We're about to enter the last 10 hours of the MOTY 2016 second (and last) phase, if you happen to want to drop a vote for Warsword Conquest, take your chance now :wink:

I also thought guildmasters, merchants and so on were fixed but since I'm just helping out some newbies (like myself:wink: with their mod I happened to chew my way through adding a faction (and towns) in warband. (pain in the ass that is. hats off to you guys adding so many!) and every Guildmaster, Tavern Keeper, Horse merchant etc. has it's own individual troop entry linkes to a certain town. So I in theory it should be possible make them anything you like.
I have NO CLUE though how you guys made those skins work code wise so that might be a reason. Also IF you change their skins a Skaven merchant will always be Skaven even if the town get conquered I guess.

Any Pros here to stomp my meager theory? I'd be happy to learn more about this :smile:

Incognico said:
Also IF you change their skins a Skaven merchant will always be Skaven even if the town get conquered I guess.

That is why I haven't taken the time to change the hundreds of location troops we have because as soon as they are conquered they will be wrong again. Now that I think about it it would probably be quicker for me to write a script which places the correct one in depending on current faction than it would be to change them individually anyway. I will look into it once I have finished what I am doing currently.

I am unaware of any troops that have the wrong faction though, please let me know which ones.

Meensai: The items and troops are in the order they are for a reason. Certain scripts depend on their positioning so they need to stay as they are.

Nameless Warrior said:
That is why I haven't taken the time to change the hundreds of location troops we have because as soon as they are conquered they will be wrong again. Now that I think about it it would probably be quicker for me to write a script which places the correct one in depending on current faction than it would be to change them individually anyway. I will look into it once I have finished what I am doing currently.

I am unaware of any troops that have the wrong faction though, please let me know which ones.

Meensai: The items and troops are in the order they are for a reason. Certain scripts depend on their positioning so they need to stay as they are.

So I assume the distribution of "Fixed NPCs" is handled via this "location troops" (I assume that's a script?) and therefore that could've screwed up my Dwarf Merchant because the script checks for the assigned skin when distributing and presumably the Merchants are put into a different group which doesn't contain that skin assigned?

Just as an example:

#35 trp_woodelf_waywatcher (Forest Scout) assigned to #32 fac_kingdom_6 (Tomb_Kings_Empire)

I saw some more when browsing through, I "might" take a day - if I get the chance and remember - to go through the troops.txt, tho I'm to pleb to know which should or could be assigned to Neutral or Commoner.

Shame, but I guess if you're dependant on hardlinks rather than dynamic queries there's nothing to do about :smile:

There is no script currently, I may write one. Right now fixed location troops draw directly from a troop in troops.txt which is assigned to a location and a scene position. If they are not spawning it is most likely a scene position issue (like when Nippon tavern keepers would not appear). Is it the one town where they do not spawn or all dwarf towns?

Thanks for the heads up on the faction troops, I will have a skim through tonight.

Alright, gotcha.

The Dwarf Merchant whose skin I changed from 0 to 4 doesn't appear at all, I tested it like this:

Created a test character, teleported to every town without letting time pass, recruited every NPC to free up slots in the scenes, entered every custom scene at least twice (mostly Skaven/Darkelf scenes) because sometimes different NPCs appeared (guess not enough slots) and once I was through I let some time pass so Merchants could spawn in (they don't right off the start like Companions or the Wizards).

And that 3 times by now, so I guess it might just be bad luck or did I restrict the Dwarf Merchant to Dwarven Towns which are grouped as one location and therefore just reduced his chances massively? (Never digged into native spawning mechanics)

And about the troops, I just browsed through again with Morgh's and for example quite some of the Mercenaries & Castle-/Prison Guard as well as Messengers are a bit mixed up between proper Factions, Commoner or Neutral.

Edit: Just remembered something I did earlier which could also be noteworthy:

#1249 trp_knight_16_7 Daimyo_Urumuda  | still had some leftover items from khergits / a messed up inventory.
#1255 trp_knight_16_13 Daimyo_Urubay | still had some leftover items from khergits / a messed up inventory.

#1251 trp_knight_16_9 Utaka_Yu_Pan | was missing a bow even tho she has arrows and a high Power Draw (I guessed the proper bow would be "Dai-Kyu of Anekussai" (itm_dai_kyu) since it's not sold at the wizards or distributed in any other inventory)

And if I recall correctly some Elf Lords (Woodelfs) also had some messed up inventories, unless insomnia strikes again :wink:

Meensai said:
unless insomnia strikes again :wink:

I was reading through your interesting conversation about the topic (trying to steal some bits of coding knowledge to understand what determines what)...

.....and suddendly I find myself feeling less alone. Was that a pun or are you a sleep-starved fella too? :lol:

Well, both sort of, I don't have proper insomnia diagnosed but it usually takes me hours to fall asleep if at all, I often have 72h sessions... And when you arrived half-dead at work after a weekend they tell you to drink less and go to bed earlier... -.-

And about the conversation, it's nothing about coding really, only partially trying to understand the native / WSC-used spawning mechanic to track back where the problem in my case is.

About the troops tho, I'm just an amateur as well, I don't possess any python knowledge which doesn't matter since I don't have the source anyway, but I am just a bit used to Notepad++ and after a couple thousand hours in Warband I digged into Open BRF and Morgh's Editor, especially since I always tweak mods to my liking a bit or add/replace stuff :wink:

Edit: And of course, from times/mods without ingame troopviewers Morgh's was a great tool to check up stats/equipment and possibly find errors as well as easily fixing them yourself.

Edited the lines above as I just realised how arrogant they sounded, I hope I can fall sleep soon.

Meensai said:
Well, both sort of, I don't have proper insomnia diagnosed but it usually takes me hours to fall asleep if at all, I often have 72h sessions... And when you arrived half-dead at work after a weekend they tell you to drink less and go to bed earlier... -.-

And about the conversation, it's nothing about coding really, only partially trying to understand the native / WSC-used spawning mechanic to track back where the problem in my case is.

About the troops tho, I'm just an amateur as well, I don't possess any python knowledge which doesn't matter since I don't have the source anyway, but I am just a bit used to Notepad++ and after a couple thousand hours in Warband I digged into Open BRF and Morgh's Editor, especially since I always tweak mods to my liking a bit or add/replace stuff :wink:

Edit: And of course, from times/mods without ingame troopviewers Morgh's was a great tool to check up stats/equipment and possibly find errors as well as easily fixing them yourself.

Edited the lines above as I just realised how arrogant they sounded, I hope I can fall sleep soon.

I feel for you, same story from this side of the monitor...

However, for me all that stuff is aking to black magic. And with university, my attention is divided between studying english, deutsche sprache studieren und nihongoo benkyoshimasu, together with the standard subjects common to all students (Translation techniques, Juridical Multiculturalism, Mediation techniques and so on and on), my time to try and learn something about modding is extremely small and my head is too full of people talking weird things in four different languages (italian included) to me :lol:

EDIT: TW just added the Invasion (co-op wave) multiplayer mode to M&B Warband. Pretty pointless with Full Invasion around...

Lifting item restrictions leads to, ahh... interesting results
hHpPr0A.jpg

Thats a goblin btw. Funny thing is that nothing clips.

Give him some oversized gloves for a real cartoon look :smile:.

Edit: Here's the old kraggy ogres file: https://www.sendspace.com/file/zqjlt2 (and just to reiterate for others who missed the earlier conversation, this only works as is for the birger jarl submod for the old version, not for use with current version or rigale version).

kraggrim said:
Give him some oversized gloves for a real cartoon look :smile:.

Edit: Here's the old kraggy ogres file: https://www.sendspace.com/file/zqjlt2 (and just to reiterate for others who missed the earlier conversation, this only works as is for the birger jarl submod for the old version, not for use with current version or rigale version).

Thanks, it worked just fine:
MPkBnqK.jpg

Back
Top Bottom