SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Users who are viewing this thread

Dorfus145 said:
hm, I wonder if we could mutate rat ogres into flying wingy-things, then maybe we'd be admitted into the kool-skales-klub...

Just looking at the new Franchise you can say GW is dead... like each time you see a company abandoning something of their shelf like lets say the Car manufactures the past 10 years you see that company going into oblivion too. Kinda feels like when they Killed " Star Wars Galaxies " to force the players to settle over to " SWTOR " I think the 3D printing will kill them anyway even that they could with injection Moulding make the figures so cheap that no 3D printer could even come close I think they will kinda end like this.
Gamesworkshopinanutshell.png

polloio said:
Bobtheheros said:
Speak for yourself, haven't had exams in years, good times

I was speaking for myself....

However, I was taking a look at the expanded Age Of S*itmar army models.....the Dark Elves are now part of the Alliance Of Order, it pains my eyes to see Black Dragons, Dreadspears and Wyches fighting for the good guys.

And now Archaon rides a three headed dragon with the faces of the remaining Three Dark Gods. Which leads to two conclusions: Slaanesh is ultimately dead and the Horned Rat is not accepted as the Fourth Dark One.

EVERYONE LOVES THE NEW LORE OH YEAH!!!

I just ignore the "end times" as much as I can. Of course it's much worse for people still playing the wargame in a tourney setting. The only WH product I like that has "End Times" in the title is Vermintide and you can mostly ignore that since it's right at the beginning and is a standalone product for the most part, unless they release DLC to move the story forward. :meh:
The lore absoluteley ruined Dwarfs (as bad as the Fourth Edition of the D&D Forgotten Realms lore for the setting, imho) and other factions I liked just got stupid, like the Empire's new spess mahreens stormcast eternals. :facepalm: I know this has been said countless times but GW basically destroyed a great setting to try to force people to buy new models.

How come saves get corrupted so easily? the ancient NPC face corruption bug is still there and it shows up after only a couple of in game days. Anyone know a way to avoid it?

D'Sparil said:
How come saves get corrupted so easily? the ancient NPC face corruption bug is still there and it shows up after only a couple of in game days. Anyone know a way to avoid it?

Its even in native ( since the bug is from the original ), use more then one save per Char... so far I all time find that savegames when doing defrag in all sort of places on my harddisk, so how knows what the game does it with :party:

D'Sparil said:

Embrace the corruption, praise the rot, decompose in His love, Papa Nurgle will reward you.

(it's an error in the code of native Warband, we can't do anything about it.)

So, while finally having time for a playthrough for the first time since the '16 Update, I went and did some preparations for the builds I wanted to try (thanks again to "jeremybuster8" on moddb for the interesting empire builds in his article).

While browsing the .brf files and editing, manipulating and changing things to my liking and putting nice outfits together for some NPCs (mainly the faction merchants which equip those pretty pieces of craftsmanship I wanted to buy by default...)  I noticed that the transparency issues weren't fixed yet in hotfix #1, so I went ahead and did that.

Then I noticed, unless I missed it, nobody posted this rather easy solution in the thread yet, so without further delay...

TL;DR
Here's how to fix transparency issues for meshes.

Open the .brf containing the mesh you want to "fix", navigate to said mesh and select it, click on the "Material" Link in the Data section

389B93BCF0E82A4EA1722AFA626BC7AF3DB0CB09

In the Material Tab with the correct Material selected (= clicking the Link from the Mesh) we FIRST want to check under "View" if the Material even has an Alpha Channel, to do that we quickly check "Alpha" and if the image is unit pink, you can stop here, this method won't fix it, if you see black color, keep going and click on the "..." button in the "Flags" section

D9814FBA85E2F39F76B17E9D90BD30B659AFF115

In this popup we want to make sure the Transparency Flag is set to "Auto" and then choose and "Alpha Test" settings varying from "Large"- to "Thight" Margins, try which looks best for your taste

00A4369BAEAE6752EEB4AFD0B164E1E0E1E1C483

When we now go back and look at the Mesh (preferably with "Transparency" checked) we see a happy boar in this example

9D7CD5321C4016CD9B41AEA06A04EC821D4BA054

Enjoy & DON'T FORGET TO SAVE THE CHANGES, DON'T DISCARD!

P.S. No, I won't upload "fixed" .brf files since I edited, renamed and manipulated some other meshes in my files as well which would mess with your game if used without the proper item_kinds1.txt

On a sidenote: Can we maybe get the fixed/updated scene files as a seperate download somewhere since there most likely won't be any official update the next months?
I got one file from "Articulo34" fixing Storm Hall, "Kraggrim"'s file fixing Camp of Skulls unfortunately is hosted on zippyshare and whenever I open that URL everything on my system screams "NOPE!"  :twisted:
And unless I missed it I didn't see any provided downloads from Jargon of the files he sent to Nameless.

So yeah, that'd be nice unless of course they got lost in the Warp or wouldn't be compatible because they contain meshes/textures used that aren't in the current release build.

Out for today and maybe someone should consider collecting all the "unofficial fixes" published in the thread in... maybe a moddb article? :wink:

Best Regards,
Mike

Meensai said:
So, while finally having time...

Best Regards,
Mike

Well the last 2 pages the Heresy in the forum was very strong... but its probably because Christmas is around the corner and everyone needs to let off some steam from work and study till the Holidays start and relaxation can finally kick in....

We might get more news till Christmas, Nameless Warrior is looking to release a " MEGA-PATCH " to fix some stuff, but not everything so collecting bug reports would still be good.

So I guess if we have been good this past months, we get from Nameless the patch as a Present under the Tree, if not we need to find another scapegoat  :mrgreen:

Oh Yeah! I really dig the idea of a new patch. Just created my own kingdom with my newest character "Slayer the Slayer" (he even managed to marry the fair daugther of a Woodelf lord ^^). This is truly the best mod for Warband that I have ever played.

Anyway, here a few inspirational pics of my SilverTower characters I just painted:

The Doomseeker (these new Fireslayer models are just ridiculous):
zwerg1.jpg

The Knight-Questor (a the good and creepy Cybermen look - I really do not like the Stormcasts):
sigmar1.jpg

Tenebreal Shard (I painted him the way I did because with Age of Sigmar I can play him as a Hero for my High Elf army - as strange as that is):
ripper4.jpg

Mistweaver Saih (the same with her, but that one is a coooool model):
mage2.jpg

Excelsior Warpriest (well, I made him a beard and now he looks cool too):
priest1.jpg

And at last the Darkoath Chieftain (and this is the greatest model in the whole set):
barbar1.jpg

Ah, I just love painting these models. Just wished I could recreate them in 3D on my computer, so I could help more with the mod.

Avarchillion

LAST_ACTION_HERO said:
Well the last 2 pages the Heresy in the forum was very strong... but its probably because Christmas is around the corner and everyone needs to let off some steam from work and study till the Holidays start and relaxation can finally kick in....

I don't quite get that, likely because it's 2am but if you interpreted some line in my post to be accusing or blaming anyone for anything, that's not the case.

LAST_ACTION_HERO said:
We might get more news till Christmas, Nameless Warrior is looking to release a " MEGA-PATCH " to fix some stuff, but not everything so collecting bug reports would still be good.

So I guess if we have been good this past months, we get from Nameless the patch as a Present under the Tree, if not we need to find another scapegoat  :mrgreen:

News maybe, but I highly doubt there will be anything to download under the pixeltree unless there's a build in the making that just needs some polishing, unlikely.

But that's good, I'd rather like to see/hear the team enjoying their life and having a good time, resting and maybe refuel their passion or discover a new aspect that keeps them interested in this project, everyone that worked on this mod already gave us so much, I wouldn't drop a tear to hear they're done for except for maybe fixes and resurrect Warsword Conquest in Bannerlord if at all.

To avoid misinterpretation and keep it simple:

Thanks for this mod to all that worked on it, be it coder, modeler or community manager or something else, we already had our christmas-gift back in june in my humble opinion.
Have a merry christmas or just good holidays if you don't celebrate it :smile:

Meensai said:
News maybe, but I highly doubt there will be anything to download under the pixeltree unless there's a build in the making that just needs some polishing, unlikely.

I dropped a lil' ETA for the patch a few pages ago: January/February.

But you know.....ETAs are worth nothing, we've learned it the hard way :lol:

Meensai said:
But that's good, I'd rather like to see/hear the team enjoying their life and having a good time, resting and maybe refuel their passion or discover a new aspect that keeps them interested in this project, everyone that worked on this mod already gave us so much, I wouldn't drop a tear to hear they're done for except for maybe fixes and resurrect Warsword Conquest in Bannerlord if at all.

To avoid misinterpretation and keep it simple:

Thanks for this mod to all that worked on it, be it coder, modeler or community manager or something else, we already had our christmas-gift back in june in my humble opinion.
Have a merry christmas or just good holidays if you don't celebrate it :smile:

If you're interested, I spent my last two hours doing this:

KxwJV.jpg

A "family reunion" for Christmas. I'm not good at mouse painting. Damn insomnia won't let me be.

Thank you for the support :grin:

Meensai said:
On a sidenote: Can we maybe get the fixed/updated scene files as a seperate download somewhere since there most likely won't be any official update the next months?
I got one file from kraggrim, the other one unfortunately is hosted on zippyshare and whenever I open that URL everything on my system screams "NOPE!"  :twisted:
And unless I missed it I didn't see any provided downloads from Jargon of the files he sent to Nameless.

What file was this? I don't remember this at all.

kraggrim said:
Meensai said:
...I got one file from kraggrim, the other one unfortunately is hosted on zippyshare and whenever I open that URL everything on my system screams "NOPE!"  :twisted:

What file was this? I don't remember this at all.

The post of the zippyshare hosted file

And the file I got actually was posted by "Articulo34", going to edit my quoted post.

polloio said:

KxwJV.jpg

A "family reunion" for Christmas. I'm not good at mouse painting. Damn insomnia won't let me be.

Thank you for the support :grin:

It's glorious, if some empire blood was spilt during it's creation Khorne will be pleased.  :twisted:

LAST_ACTION_HERO said:

No, we won't. Not this year.

I'm sure you've said this before recently and been told it won't happen. Or somebody did. Like within the last 20 pages or so. Definitely since I've returned. :shifty:

polloio said:
I dropped a lil' ETA for the patch a few pages ago: January/February.

But you know.....ETAs are worth nothing, we've learned it the hard way :lol:
Well, you can't predict the future. Nobody is at fault for updates being delayed. It's something that happens and people just have to learn to live with it lol.

KxwJV.jpg

Haha, that's great. :grin:

I know what you mean about mouse-painting, it's bloody hard to do. Need a good graphic tablet for that sort of thing.

Back
Top Bottom