SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Users who are viewing this thread

Kulverstukass said:
spiritquazus said:
Does anybody know where I can buy the Ratling gunner's Minigun? I've been looking around in every Skaven towns but they don't seem to be in store.

The guys selling cannons and handcannons don't have it either last time I checked :/
^^ what Nameless said, but if you insist, go for Morgh's editor, it's an item #2647, uncheck "unique" and check in "merchandise" flags. Mark it for Skaven faction merchants, "fac_kingdom_13", IIRC how it works.
But it has speed 1 and 40 accuracy, so i don't know how good it will be in player's hands. Can adjust it (for every troop that uses it) or create a copy with desired parameters for yourself, though.
...and it seems dwarven shotgun (and chaos dwarves blunderbuss) has same trigger for special shot mechanics, so maybe it's an acceptable substitute...
Haven't played enough to see rat-gatlingers.

I'm gonna go ahead and try that. Was thinking of nerfing the damage to acceptable proportions and just use it the same way I use the shotgun because it looks really, really cool.

gsanders said:
  I probably should make them 2% taller
  Instead of the current 0.87 times human size maybe they really need to be .89
  I was trying to bump them up the bare minimum

I guess it's tricky trying to keep everything in balance with the lore aspects of certain troops. Could be that particular siege causes them to get stuck? I know there are some ladder/stair issues sometimes, even in vanilla.

spiritquazus said:
Kulverstukass said:
spiritquazus said:
Does anybody know where I can buy the Ratling gunner's Minigun? I've been looking around in every Skaven towns but they don't seem to be in store.

The guys selling cannons and handcannons don't have it either last time I checked :/
^^ what Nameless said, but if you insist, go for Morgh's editor, it's an item #2647, uncheck "unique" and check in "merchandise" flags. Mark it for Skaven faction merchants, "fac_kingdom_13", IIRC how it works.
But it has speed 1 and 40 accuracy, so i don't know how good it will be in player's hands. Can adjust it (for every troop that uses it) or create a copy with desired parameters for yourself, though.
...and it seems dwarven shotgun (and chaos dwarves blunderbuss) has same trigger for special shot mechanics, so maybe it's an acceptable substitute...
Haven't played enough to see rat-gatlingers.

I'm gonna go ahead and try that. Was thinking of nerfing the damage to acceptable proportions and just use it the same way I use the shotgun because it looks really, really cool.

82EF3F3FCFDC5B617C1DA4530ADDFA05AFD46C96

There you go mates :grin:

JargonDarot said:
Comrade Temuzu: Great job on that scene. Do you do AI meshes, siege zones and entry points as well? If it's a castle, how would prevent a sally unit from entering the castle?

There's plenty of Empire castles that you can craft. You may also be interested in building for Brettonia. It's a faction I haven't had the energy to get into, and could really use some love.
I do, but I havent added them in yet. As for sallying, I imagine I'll just put the sally point in front of the bridge, so that if the defenders were trying to retreat, they'd be chased down all the way to the castle.

I'll have to see if I make more scenes for Empire or Bretonnia, I've been waiting for a year or so to get a chance to finish the Nippon scenes I made ages ago, so I'll probably wait for the team to add the Geko props in.

HorusCrowlix said:
To anyone who has problems seeing through some faction colors and to those who want lore corrections and grammar/spelling/capitalization fixes, let me know. If enough people want it, I'll upload the changes I've made to the .txt files for you to download like a small hotfix.

I'm OCD about lore and grammar and I could barely see some of the factions because of their colors.

Let me know!

Yes please :smile: The colors would be great, and text corrections are always welcome :smile:

benjamin60 said:
Poem of Maeror said:
Can you play as a Chaos dwarf in this version? If so, how?
Play a dwarf and buy the chaos dwarf gear from a mercenary gear merchant.

Also if you want the proper beard and teeth you can get the version with those from the cheat-menu.

kraggrim said:
benjamin60 said:
Poem of Maeror said:

Also if you want the proper beard and teeth you can get the version with those from the cheat-menu.

How I get and use cheat-menu to get proppa teeth and beards?

Another small troop tree remark @Nameless : the Chaos Dwarf Darklon currently loses 8 leg armor points (on the main armor : 25 -> 17) when upgrading to Daemonsmith. Of course he does gain a ton of health (plus it's leg armor on an infantry troop), but it still feels weird to lose something in an upgrade. Just mentioning in case it's not intended.

Poem of Maeror said:
kraggrim said:
benjamin60 said:
Poem of Maeror said:

Enable cheats before launching the game, go to camp, mod settings, at the bottom it says enable cheat menu  once enabled a new menu will be added to the camp menu.

benjamin60 said:
Poem of Maeror said:
kraggrim said:
benjamin60 said:
Poem of Maeror said:

Enable cheats before launching the game, go to camp, mod settings, at the bottom it says enable cheat menu  once enabled a new menu will be added to the camp menu.

Thanks, I shall try it!

gsanders said:
with the first Warband screen (before starting the mod) select options: game: enable cheats,
then start the mod
in PBOD options under camp menu and click "turn cheat menu on" at least twice, then exit to see that there IS a cheat menu option showing in camp menu.  If so, that's not the menu we use but it serves to tell you cheat menu status is working.
Now select Reports: Reference items: and there are 4 hidden troop trees.  Bandits you work from the END of the list of factions to see 6 pages of bandits and all the npcs, lords and ladies shouldn't need explaining, and regular troops you are just looking at the new information.  These were for devs and playtesters to understand tuning and see the final adjusted values of troops after the game begins.  The npc values are measured in real time so they change as you equip different gear onto them, level up, etc
same for your spouse in kingdom ladies.

Thanks a lot for the answer gsanders.
Looking at this new tree I can see another oddity (this remark being, again, for Nameless Warrior) : Beastman Raider has Ignore Pain... his upgrade Beastman Raider Champion doesn't.

benjamin60 said:
Poem of Maeror said:
kraggrim said:
benjamin60 said:
Poem of Maeror said:

This cute black and white cat from your profile is yours?  It seems a moustached one haha

YourStepDad said:
Has anyone made a submod that changes the campaign map icons to be more appropriate? For personal use or something, however rudimentary?
I've submitted a few and I hear other people have contributed some too. They are probably gonna be in one of the later updates but don't take my word for it.

Also, just some feedback on all the level 1 companions; Their stat totals/items/skills are all over the place and make some of them nigh useless whioe others are fantastic. The Saurus ones for instance start with tons of armor, great shields and bludgeoning weapons along with a halfway decent stat layout while there's one Chaos dude who starts with only a breastplate and less stats. Weapon proficiencies also range from all 60 to all 100.

I feel like some of them should be overhauled to be, at least, not active dead eight. Especially since it feels like you need to use a lot of them to become lords later on.

Also maybe add appropriate skills? Like dodge for the Skaven etc.

The Skaven ones have high agility so I think they'll make fine gunmen at least, and dodge isn't needed for that. 
The Beastmen one have Ignore Pain so they could be decent tanks in the lategame (but it'll take a while with 6 starting strength for sure), I think I've seen a few others with skills as well though I can't remember. (If you want to check for yourself, see the post from gsanders that I quoted above - you can not only see troops, but also the level 1 companions)

Back
Top Bottom