SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Users who are viewing this thread

Floriano said:
So a lot of people seem to be having problems with lag both on the map and inside battles, myself included.

It's due to the amount of factions, caravans and other goings-on. This happens in all mods with more than the average amount of factions. I've seen it happen every time. Putting all of the settings on minimum (and going back to DX7) has no effect whatsoever. Warband just can't handle that much happening at once. One of the GOT mods (I think it was ACOK, but don't quote me on that lol) hid all trading, making it happen in the background and it allowed for smoother gameplay and many more factions.

Personally, I don't get lag/stutter in battles (even with every setting maxed, particles and all). But the map stutter makes things very difficult, as I'm constantly running into groups I can't beat because of the "stop-motion" fast-forwarding. It's actually put me off playing for the moment.

Chaos player and lord models are too big, can't see anything, all smaller enemies are basically invisible.

7RsHp.jpg

Some bugs:
- Naval combat. No explanations required.
- Gekkokujo villagers in WE towns.
- Missing starting choices for Arabia and Pirates.
- Pic.
200BE7C7468FBB6EBFCB9FE6388D87C90B3D9786
They are trapped forever on top of the mountain. Is this some lore-related easter-egg?
- Spear bonus damage to horses is gone? Well im okay with that.
- Shield bashing doesnt work anymore? How im supposed to win tournaments without shield bashes?
- Explosive Cannon Balls. Not in the game. Clearly this is a bug.

dont have time to dl this before tomorrow,so can some kind soul explain in simple orkey language the install process for the luddites among us,mainly me??  cheers. (working all night so be charitable!)

kevinflemming said:
Floriano said:
So a lot of people seem to be having problems with lag both on the map and inside battles, myself included.

It's due to the amount of factions, caravans and other goings-on. This happens in all mods with more than the average amount of factions. I've seen it happen every time. Putting all of the settings on minimum (and going back to DX7) has no effect whatsoever. Warband just can't handle that much happening at once. One of the GOT mods (I think it was ACOK, but don't quote me on that lol) hid all trading, making it happen in the background and it allowed for smoother gameplay and many more factions.

Personally, I don't get lag/stutter in battles (even with every setting maxed, particles and all). But the map stutter makes things very difficult, as I'm constantly running into groups I can't beat because of the "stop-motion" fast-forwarding. It's actually put me off playing for the moment.

Well yeah, but I can run ACOK and Anno Domini just fine. I think Warsword just needs a little optimization.

I'm having a great time playing with Kislev while I test the spanish translation. Here, a Kreml Guard fighting against some kind of Khorne Warrior. Spoiler: The Kreml Guard was the winner.

LKHliMK.jpg

Now some "bug" reporting. Again something related with textures and meshes. Note the wrong and shinny models of the Khorne Heralds here:

kQjgHMA.jpg

And these kislev bardiches here:

Bf1DqC2.jpg

Not much of a "bug" report but are these orc helmets supposed to be as shiny as they are? I wouldnt say they glow like the other images posted but they clash horribly with all the other orc armours

eXMGQFb.png

"Broken" (can't get in/out) spawn point for DE Death Squads,
aka "Move along random Empire citizen, we're your usual harmless mountain goats."
8149953.jpg

Also - RIP perfect mousetrap aka Gutrot & it's village.

Yes, I found the reason why it's so shiny, at least with my models, dunno about the other ones, turns out that they(at least mine) don't have a shader on. If you wanna fix it, just get openBRF, go to the .brf file where your over-shiny model is, it should be in the "Resource" folder of the mod, and then you put an armor shader on it. I usually use one called "standart_shader_skin_bump_nospec_high". :smile:

I'll pass some pics of my over-shiny models when I fixed them and Nameless if you want to I can pass you my skaven .brf file so you can paste it and so release it with the hotfix.  :mrgreen:

mike56 said:
I'm having a great time playing with Kislev while I test the spanish translation. Here, a Kreml Guard fighting against some kind of Khorne Warrior. Spoiler: The Kreml Guard was the winner.

LKHliMK.jpg

Now some "bug" reporting. Again something related with textures and meshes. Note the wrong and shinny models of the Khorne Heralds here:

kQjgHMA.jpg

And these kislev bardiches here:

Bf1DqC2.jpg

Hey, how is this translation is it spanish? Have you got any link to download it? ^^
About shiny textures It's a shader problem that I had too...

god damn my character sure knows how to be harsh to his enemies, and god damn I like that

E01E47C89A4B5315DC1D1F5CDA388FF17EF4242F

that's real skaven talk when you have a hostage

EDIT: kek, the dude got mad at me, I'll hunt his ass down when his family pays for his escape and he'll go back to the dungeon

@Floriano

"We are on the Internet"
That's why I didn't get the joke, don't you think?
I never said I stop playing Warsword.

I even think about to gather all tipps for a short starter help.
but. whatever.

Wolas3214 said:
Floriano said:

Weird, my battles are butter smooth.

In my case this only happens when imperial troops or chaos troops are in battle, because of their incredibly good looking models and textures, I suppose.

Alevort said:
Hey, how is this translation is it spanish? Have you got any link to download it? ^^

It's a translation that me and some mates from my forum are making. We got the language files some weeks ago so the translation is nearly finished, but there is still no download link :wink:

I would like to thank all the team for this wonderful mod.

I came home from work and I started 3 different gameplays and I found some bugs:
- Forest Goblins start without weapons, I started 2 different characters, both Forest Goblins, with different creation paths but with the same result.
- conversations with the companions when you try to enlist them  don't make much sense, it's like my character and the other guy are having two different conversations and very similar with all the companions I talked with.
- Drebnoz insists to be Eleanor Nash, I know Goblins are liar but he really appears convinced.

I don't have much more to report at the moment, I hope these few information can help.

Ciao
Luciano

Kulverstukass said:
I'm with kevinflemming (post) on stuttering at global map, it's gamebreaking.
Thanks for everything, as there is nothing else in M&B, i'm outta here.

Yes that happens to me too and it's very annoying, I thought it was my pc at first but it seems it's not according to the forum.

mike56 said:
Wolas3214 said:
Floriano said:

Weird, my battles are butter smooth.

In my case this only happens when imperial troops or chaos troops are in battle, because of their incredibly good looking models and textures, I suppose.

Alevort said:

It's a translation that me and some mates from my forum are making. We got the language files some weeks ago so the translation is nearly finished, but there is still no download link :wink:

Thanks! I will be looking! :grin:

I am very impressed with the set design for the cities of different factions.  I just kept creating characters to start in each area just so I could walk around and explore.  I think the top floor of the Chaos palace has to be my favorite.  So creepy.

Back
Top Bottom