SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Users who are viewing this thread

Yep,

Same with me. I love Warhammer universe but I hated WAR online because I am mostly pve player. And they based the game exclusively on tabletop game. Why not on
Warhammer Fantasy Role Play? No Zoats, no Fimirs, no gnomes or halflings. Damn

Borosev said:
I've been playing LOTRO for a while now, and wondered what it would of been like if warhammer online was like it. I did give WAR a go, but I couldn't really like it, mainly because it was PVP I guess. But I'd love to have been able to explore various areas in the Empire like how you can explore in LOTRO, especially without the threat of another player coming along to ruin it for you.

Well I have played it quite a bit and enjoyed it too I have to say. Although WAR world had very little to do with the actual Warhammer world and also the creators bended the lore heavily to fit the MMORPG needs. The locations you could visit were pretty much limited to the PVE zones which were practically always deserted (aside from Zandri Necropolis) and the RVR areas which were the center of the action throughout the whole game and, names excluded, neither of them had much to do with GW stuff; you can totally forget about the world map as you see it in this mod, WAR was more of a paralel universe with a Warhammerish flavour than anything else, but still pretty enjoyable IMO

Borosev said:
I think the constant peace problem was fixed. There was a post a couple of pages down...

Yeah well I had to download a file (haven't tested it yet) but it should figure in the first post  :mrgreen:

EDIT : btw are the developers still working on it ? Because it says "Beta" and the mod was released in 2010

You'll need a modified simple_triggers.txt to fix the everlasting peace bug. Is that the file you downloaded...? If not I cam provide you with it.

Yes it is, I had to create a new save for today and skaven/britonnia Orcs/Dwarf and Gobelin/Zombies are in peace already, so I'll see tomorrow if the war comes back or not  :razz: (I'll edit this message if it does)

Echtel said:
Borosev said:
I've been playing LOTRO for a while now, and wondered what it would of been like if warhammer online was like it. I did give WAR a go, but I couldn't really like it, mainly because it was PVP I guess. But I'd love to have been able to explore various areas in the Empire like how you can explore in LOTRO, especially without the threat of another player coming along to ruin it for you.

Well I have played it quite a bit and enjoyed it too I have to say. Although WAR world had very little to do with the actual Warhammer world and also the creators bended the lore heavily to fit the MMORPG needs. The locations you could visit were pretty much limited to the PVE zones which were practically always deserted (aside from Zandri Necropolis) and the RVR areas which were the center of the action throughout the whole game and, names excluded, neither of them had much to do with GW stuff; you can totally forget about the world map as you see it in this mod, WAR was more of a paralel universe with a Warhammerish flavour than anything else, but still pretty enjoyable IMO

I played WAR with my brother for the first couple of months after launch or so, and we enjoyed it quite a lot. Mind you, we are drawn to PvP like moths to flame, so it was a good fit for our taste. WAR truly shone when the RvR worked and there were lots of people participating. I even still remember some really amazing sieges we fought in. The best one was in an Empire fort we had taken with a relatively small force against another with similar numbers. We were all happy celebrating and **** when some people started warning us of a huge force amassing nearby: the guys we trounced were calling their friends. We got some reinforcements before they hit us, but we were vastly, vastly outnumbered. We were down to the last door and people were despairing, but between some of us we improvised a quick tactic (which is more of a classic tactic than something we thought up): block the door with bodies; stop using the deadly oil over the door and pretend they had neutralized it by repairing it 3/4ths back in shape; let them bring the door down; repair deadly oil; hope for the best. They blew the door, but instead of the usual chaos of people running into the fort and everyone pretty much going berserk, the 'Order' forces ran into a wall of tanks they couldn't get through thanks to collision detection, so the enemy were forced to hack at them while our healers worked their best to keep them up. Upstairs, the oil got repaired, and since the Order guys were all stubbornly trying to get in as was usual, they got massacred in droves by burning death-from-above! We killed most of their force, which we later found out was about triple our numbers, within a couple minutes, and since our healers had worked their asses off like champs, we were all able to sally out and end the lives of the stragglers with ease. It was amazing, and we added like 50 people to our friends list that day, lol. However, lots of people started leaving after the launch hype, and the RvR started to get less and less exciting the more people played it for the loot and less for the glory because they always wanted to hit the non-defended forts. Left with an underpopulated and bland PvE, we eventually gave up and moved on.

I still think the best Warhammer game to date (from the official ones, of course) is Dark Omen. Anyone remember that? :smile:

I find myself playing Battle March(360 version) more often again lately. Though I wish the game allowed for bigger fights with armies the size of what Total War lets you command for example, and I hate the fact theres a timer in a siege, i've had a few good moments ruined by it. To be honest, its really a shame that WFB doesn't get as much notice compared to 40k, also what is CA doing with the license? ever since they got a hold of it, they don't seem to have done anything with it...

Borosev said:
To be honest, its really a shame that WFB doesn't get as much notice compared to 40k, also what is CA doing with the license? ever since they got a hold of it, they don't seem to have done anything with it...

You tell me... I HATE GW for that (and for many other reasons as well  :lol:). Personally I have always disliked 40k, Fantasy is where WH shines imo; I really can't understand how the former gets more attention than the latter. Maybe is just the fact that I generally favour Medieval Fantasy over Sci-fi, but I feel the ambientation fits WFB far better and that the concept is in general more enjoyable and captivating.

As for what CA is doing with their license... well I have learned not to get my hopes up whenever a WH based game is announced. I have given up my hopes of seeing a decent RPG being made and those lackluster RTS aren't really worth the time, if you ask me (hopefully I will be proven wrong this time). Truly I think our best chance of playing something close to a good Warhammer video-game lies with Mount&Blade franchise  :mrgreen:

ca games start to shine when the modders get hold of them. the warhammer mod for medieval total war 2 is very well done. i agree that m&b seems to be the only chance on the horizon. cheers

Borosev said:
I find myself playing Battle March(360 version) more often again lately. Though I wish the game allowed for bigger fights with armies the size of what Total War lets you command for example, and I hate the fact theres a timer in a siege, i've had a few good moments ruined by it. To be honest, its really a shame that WFB doesn't get as much notice compared to 40k, also what is CA doing with the license? ever since they got a hold of it, they don't seem to have done anything with it...

Try the Warhammed MOD for Medieval 2 m8. You'll love it :smile:

I have a bit of an issue with my game at the mo. Everyone's faces are messed up and they're all bald, both men and women. Its not game breaking but extremely off putting. Even skeletons have the messed up face. Only faction leaders are not affected but some lords including the leaders have no armour or weapons. Is there a way to reset all faces or the like? It happens even with new games, the only mods I'm using is the main one and Birger's submod. Thanks guys.

D9F9BAEAA4CEABF1FBFDC581985874290129C216

Aleister said:
I have a bit of an issue with my game at the mo. Everyone's faces are messed up and they're all bald, both men and women. Its not game breaking but extremely off putting. Even skeletons have the messed up face. Only faction leaders are not affected but some lords including the leaders have no armour or weapons. Is there a way to reset all faces or the like? It happens even with new games, the only mods I'm using is the main one and Birger's submod. Thanks guys.

D9F9BAEAA4CEABF1FBFDC581985874290129C216

So what, Mussolini invaded your game? LOL.

Echtel said:
djogloc02 said:
So what, Mussolini invaded your game? LOL.

This made me LOL harder than it should have...  :lol:

Likewise. As a history buff, I can appreciate a good Mussolini joke! Poor ol' Mussolini always gets shoved to the sidelines by either Hitler or Stalin...

Back
Top Bottom