SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Users who are viewing this thread

Cladorfax said:
The mod is awesome XD glad you liked the story!, The only bugs i notice during late game in the sneak in town naked, and can't host a proper feast. Also would be cool, if somehow you manage to make your wife a recruit able companion =P haven't seen it done before, I don't think

If I remember correctly there was a way to do that which involved editing some strings in some of the txt files to make any minister recruitable via the "I wish you to rejoin my party" option which all companions made into ministers get.
I don't remember where I read that though and I've never tried myself; honestly the only things I know how to edit decently are the brf files and skins.txt to put improved faces in any mod which does not have them  :lol:. Well that and how to add items and make them work of course (which I think is absolutely the easiest thing to do)

First off I would like to say, very awesome mod! so far it has reignited the flame for playing warband. Ive noticed some strange issues that I would like to point out, I originally explored this forum for a fix to factions not declaring war on each other as much and things moving very slowly in terms of military movement. I'm guessing that the "replacing 384 with 24" has been implemented into the game already because when I downloaded it just recently I searched the TxT file vigorously and could not once find the number 384 beginning in any line, or 384 followed by .0000 72. After giving up I played the game for a few hours and noticed something strange. I have tried both the Dark Elves and the Pirate Kingdom and they seem to have an issue. They both create war parties like they are going to invade one another then give up after running in circles for about 20 minutes. I don't think they understand how to reach each other. Ive done a quest for the Marshall of the pirate kingdom to provoke the Skaven into fighting us but both sides refuse to declare war. Finally I noticed something that completely threw me off balance, infact I had gotten to the point where I had no doubt I was never going to see a Lizard man or dark elf in the pirate land, until it finally happened. The pirate king made me his vassal and gave me a fief. I believe it is called Ravola, it is on the opposite side over by the skaven. Then hell broke loose, after Ravola was under my protection both the lizard men and dark elves had launched an assault, but instead of attacking any towns or castle near the coast, they ran through the entire factions territories for the soul purpose of looting my poor town over and over and over. I was thinking that you guys could use this information to troubleshoot some faction problems. Maybe as to why the factions wont attack each other, and as to why they suddenly attack when a fief changes ownership. 

I'm in a combat on the map with the deep hole (30 m or so)... and my troops spawned inside the hole. They are shuffling up the vertical walls as we speak while being pounded by the Rats' ranged weapons...

Cladorfax thanx for your answer about recruiting lolrds. I will have to put some skill points in perswasion skill. Gaining some lords would be helpfull in my present situation :smile:

Echtel said:
I know how to edit decently are the brf files and skins.txt to put improved faces in any mod which does not have them

Could you share that knowlege ? Is it possible to change only human faces without messing up other races ?

When I started playing for Araby against Skeletons my framerate drops and even sometimes freezes for various seconds. I don't have this problem with any other race battle. I don't know if it's a skeleton problem or araby, since this is the first time I started playin with araby and encountered this much skeletons.

This is not fun  :sad: I'll try and adjust the video options but it's weird that I have this problem only with this kinds of battles.

Lol The goblins are murdering the dwarfs! taking over two towns and a castle!
The pirates are making a come back took back part of their kingdom =( i liked having that castle!
The lizard men finally made their first assault... oh boy it hurt so bad
mb95_zps8a87b515.jpg
mb96_zps5171d520.jpg

There giant lizard creatures are insane lol my whole line of archers getting destroyed
mb107_zps93249f93.jpg
Finally reinforcements took it down after a awhile lol there was waves of them!
mb108_zpsfbf9777f.jpg

Harala said:
When I started playing for Araby against Skeletons my framerate drops and even sometimes freezes for various seconds. I don't have this problem with any other race battle. I don't know if it's a skeleton problem or araby, since this is the first time I started playin with araby and encountered this much skeletons.

This is not fun  :sad: I'll try and adjust the video options but it's weird that I have this problem only with this kinds of battles.

I'm playing as skeletons :smile: They aren't very impressive without the cavlary, honestly it's the infantry are really bad until the fourth tier, tier one has no shields, tier 2 and 3 have only spears and are utterly useless. The archers and the high tier cav are decent though.

But anyway, just wanted to share you can make tons of money running salt from Lashiek up to the High elfs across the stream; buy at around 50gold and sell at 220 :smile:

Einherjar_DK said:
Is it just me or does the dwarf engineers (the ones with the hand cannons) never actually fire their weapons?

They fire their cannons.  They don't fire them if allies are in the way and when enemies are in melee range they swap to their spanners.

Sheiko said:
I'm guessing that the "replacing 384 with 24" has been implemented into the game already because when I downloaded it just recently I searched the TxT file vigorously and could not once find the number 384 beginning in any line, or 384 followed by .0000 72.

You're mistaken, the error has not been fixed in the latest patch.  Inside the file, hit "ctrl-f" and type "384".  Keep pressing enter until it highlights the one at the beginning of a line, it will take several hits before you get to it. 

Most of your errors seem to stem from that, but I have also noticed that the Dark Elves don't tend to fight with anyone.  I think they are just too far away on their island. 

Question, will I be able to recruit special creatures? I build the war academy and I don't see a option. or do they come in weekly?

Einherjar_DK said:
Is it just me or does the dwarf engineers (the ones with the hand cannons) never actually fire their weapons?

I don't know, engineers rate of fire is ridiculous so I only follow the "crossbow path" until i train rangers and I never train any gunpowder unit with my dwarf hero just because of that...I can't say if they don't shoot for a bug or if they are just incredibly slow

Einherjar_DK said:

I've noticed they will fire when I tell my archers to charge.  They have never fired when holding position :sad:

Cladorfax said:
Question, will I be able to recruit special creatures? I build the war academy and I don't see a option. or do they come in weekly?

I think the fief improvements are bugged currently.

Just wanted to say what a superb mod this is, I'm having loads of fun.

A few small things though:

1) I keep getting random 'AI script error' messages, will try and capture a screen.
2) When I rescue a load of prisoners that are not my race is there an option to kill them all? I don't think it's lore-consistent for my Dwarves to be setting free their enemies.
3) Similarly, I want to kill all these Orc Chieftains I keep capturing, is that possible?

Cheers

Cladorfax said:

Weekly.

Well, right now the Dwarves are taking it to the Empire, while that happened the Chaos attacked and now my own Bretonnia took Nuln... I think they can smell weakness. The goblins got the best of the dwarves for a while, and after long period of domination over Araby, Khemri and Lizarman the pirates got it hard after losing almost everything in the Old World to us the Bretonnians. The Lizarman are the hidden OP, since they have been in their own contitnent for so long but now, Araby has only one city left, same with the Empire.

I think in the End all the races in the edge of the map will win.

Floriano said:
Cladorfax said:

Weekly.

Well, right now the Dwarves are taking it to the Empire, while that happened the Chaos attacked and now my own Bretonnia took Nuln... I think they can smell weakness. The goblins got the best of the dwarves for a while, and after long period of domination over Araby, Khemri and Lizarman the pirates got it hard after losing almost everything in the Old World to us the Bretonnians. The Lizarman are the hidden OP, since they have been in their own contitnent for so long but now, Araby has only one city left, same with the Empire.

I think in the End all the races in the edge of the map will win.

Thankyou!

Khazar said:
Cladorfax thanx for your answer about recruiting lolrds. I will have to put some skill points in perswasion skill. Gaining some lords would be helpfull in my present situation :smile:

Echtel said:
I know how to edit decently are the brf files and skins.txt to put improved faces in any mod which does not have them

Could you share that knowlege ? Is it possible to change only human faces without messing up other races ?

Yeah absolutely and it's not even hard actually (if I can do it you damn bet it's not  :lol:). The skin.txt file is very intuitive and it's pretty easy to tell what is what and edit only the right parts. In general all you need is a brf opener and of course improved faces files. What you want to do is substitute the files in resource folder with the ones from improved faces mod, all except meshes_face_gen.brf; for that one you need to open up the mod's original meshes_face_gen, import the single meshes and delete only those which you want to substitute (for example male head and all the hair and beard meshes) then all that's left is editing the skin.txt file in the right parts (truly just reading the strings tells you what needs to be edited).
Now for Warsword it's a little more complicated because this mod uses original meshes for human and chaos races and does not have a custom meshes_face_gen for you to edit, so what you need to do is edit the stuff in commores folder, which means ALL mods that do not use custom meshes will be affected and will need to be edited (native included); I know it's a hassle but that's the way to go.
If you need a detailed tutorial on how to do it I think it's best if we take this thing to pms, since I doubt the developers would appreciate me posting a lengthy step-by-step guide in their section without their consent (btw I apologize if this post bothers you, just let me know if you want it removed) 

TheGoldElite said:
pch68 said:
I found this  for people wanting to change faction colour. orc one i couldnt read properly.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1227775

Awesome mod btw  :grin:

Or just camp>take action >re-dye map :wink:

i dont have that option in that menu :sad:

I don't know if it's a bug or some game mechanic that is escaping me.

So far in the game i'm not affiliated to any faction, not even running as a mercs for any of them and never freelanced for any them.

I have been doing quests for a lord of the Empire of Sigmar that apparently dislike peace and so give me the objective to create trouble with some other faction.

I did it with the Tomb Kings in which i went to a village, selected to take a hostile action and razed/pillaged it, that was enough to complete the quest

Now i'm doing another similar quest for the same lord but this time he wanted to do the same with the High Elves , so i went to their island kingdom , went to a village, selected to take hostile action ... but there's no action to raze/pillage it ?
All i can do is force them to give me supplies or steal cattle, and after doing both, none of those action will complete the quest.

Back
Top Bottom