SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Users who are viewing this thread

First off, I wan't to say that this mod is fantastic so far, and I'm really enjoying it even though I'm unfamiliar with Warhammer lore. The reason I'm posting is I've encountered what I think is a bug. I've met both Markas the Wise and Cyrus the Bright a few times and they both asked for 5 tournament medals. The first time I encountered Markas I didn't have five. I got six and then met Cyrus; however, when I asked to see his wares my character said I didn't have the medals required. I tried removing one from my inventory thinking you needed 5 specifically, but that didn't change it. This is unfortunate because I was looking forward to getting a magical weapon. If you could fix this, or inform me on how to get it to work, I would appreciate it greatly. Thanks so much for all of your work!

Floriano said:
Tho one thing I could add is that having more scout, raid, war parties going around that are affiliated to a nation would help them out massively, and in return would fill the map more. We could start with changing the places the Beastmen warband spawn. They are all in the sea, unable to move. There's one thing a mod did, called Perisno, were they would spawn "events" of big raiding parties into the world, like slaves, mercenaries, etc. You guys could take that into account for the future. Like  one chaos lord warparty suddenly went into the empire, Bretonnian Crusades in Araby. Vampire Kings and Invading raids near the Lizardmen. Things like that in the future. I know you guys have a long way to go, and a lot of work. Whatever you guys will add, I will enjoy it just as much as I'm ejoying myself now.

The Warhammer mod for Medieval 2: Total War spawned storyline-based armies with contextual information, and it was great. It added drama, story and tension into a dynamic game world. A pity their mod was so buggy, it crashed for me every few turns.

I don't know if the Warsword mod team is looking at doing this down the track, but thanks for floating the idea.

I have a problem in my game in that all factions are in peace, after the intial wars stopped the truce period has been long, even though in the faction notes its listed in days, its actually weeks and I don't know whats causing this, for example it says that empire has TRUCE with Chaos that will end in 35 Days, Its been almost 150 days and the truce is still on and still has 20+ days left.

Is there a way to change faction stance? because I really have nothing to do except hunt bandits/trolls or just pick fights with random lords which is not a good idea when you are part of a faction.

kanzy said:
I have a problem in my game in that all factions are in peace, after the intial wars stopped the truce period has been long, even though in the faction notes its listed in days, its actually weeks and I don't know whats causing this, for example it says that empire has TRUCE with Chaos that will end in 35 Days, Its been almost 150 days and the truce is still on and still has 20+ days left.

Is there a way to change faction stance? because I really have nothing to do except hunt bandits/trolls or just pick fights with random lords which is not a good idea when you are part of a faction.

Yeah there never seems to be any war for me; and when there is war it's really far away and we never see conflict. I've seen bretons fight the empire, and the goblins had a brief fight with the dwarfs buts that all. Considering it's warhammer  think there should be much more hostility between the factions, particulary some should hate each other alot more such as elfs, dwarfs vs goblins etc.

kanzy said:

There's a fix for this. You'll have to go back a few pages but it's in this thread.

Really great to see were you guys want to take this. I thank you for all your efforts. I'm enjoying this mod a bunch ton. So much that my college is taking the hit, who cares. There have been many threads or atleast support to this mod in the M&B subreddit. If you guys want to see more opinions there's that.

Ideas for future content, id like to see more unique weapons or diversity from the special merchants. Really once your get your money up and can afford it theres no reason to look in towns for armor/weapons. Maybe you can even add hiring unique mobs like the noldor mod.

I also think the 1handed sword from the merchant is OP. 50 swing / 50 thrust nothing compares to it. I think its ugly and im forced to use a ugly weapon :sad:
I wanted to be a 2handed priest from sigmar but the hammers are just meh at best

Floriano said:
here's one thing a mod did, called Perisno, were they would spawn "events" of big raiding parties into the world, like slaves, mercenaries, etc. You guys could take that into account for the future. Like  one chaos lord warparty suddenly went into the empire, Bretonnian Crusades in Araby. Vampire Kings and Invading raids near the Lizardmen

That would be cool. I also remember there was invasion mod, where after some time an invasion was lunched. I would love to see full scale chaos invasion in this mod. It would be really nice alternative for conquering entire world (preparing for such an invasion)

Floriano said:
I could try to take it out, but I'm too scared. and the naval battles are too buggy to even try

Stand ground order is only option for sea battles, so troops won't fall to their deaths, let enemy do so :smile:

I was wandering if there is a way to add castle's layout to the minimap during sieges ? That would help greatly. Now to send any troops in specific place i have to walk there and give hold this position order. It would be much easier to send troops to the walls if i could see where those walls are. Is it possible to ad such a feature ?

Also in mod sword of damocles there was dialog option to fight friendly duell with other lords. It was very fine way to improve your relations (sometimes relations had deteriorated however).

Will Sylvania be added? Does the team here have any visions for implementing a working system for necromancy? Just felt I had to ask, because I love the vampire counts  :wink:

In any case: Great work so far, I have already spent many frustrating hours playing this mod, only to be squashed again and again. 10/10 would do again  :mrgreen:

Edit: I saw the Sylvanian faction was a part of the original M&B mod, so I'm gonna go ahead and guess you will include it sometime before the end of beta. Will still be very interesting to see if necromancy will be implemented in any form other than masoleums tho ^^

An idea to balance out the power of some factions and also add some of the smaller warhammer world factions into the game:

Bretonnians are currently in need of a boost and people want wood elves in the game so add a wood elf city in the forest with one or two villages. This would be a separate faction but in a permanent alliance with the Bretonnians with just a couple of lords such as the King and Queen of the Wood.

Make Kislev into a separate faction, add Erengrad, and maybe Praag if it's not too destroyed recently, as villages and a couple of lords such as the Tzarina. The faction would be in a permanent alliance with the Empire. Maybe even add the Moot and a halfling settlement/lord!

Likewise one Amazon city and a few villages allied to the Lizardmen, maybe a Beastman settlement & lords for Chaos. Perhaps a specific Night Goblin area allied to the Badlands Goblins. Everyone loves Night Goblins! You could even add the undead areas of Sylvania in the Empire and/or Mousillion in Bretonnia to encourage wars between the lands of men and the undead, such as happened in the Dark Omen game ( love how Commander Bernhardt is an Empire lord by the way!).

Adding the Skaven city of Hell Pit up in Troll Country would encourage more interaction between the Skaven and Chaos factions and fill in some dead space between Kislev and Askreved. In a similar vein it may be interesting to expand the island of Albion (currently empty except for the occasional marooned Beastman party stuck in the nearby oceans) using the setting from the Shadows over Albion official events where the Empire, Chaos, Dark Elves, Lizardmen and Orcs and Goblins all had a presence on the island ( http://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Albion ) . Dark Emissaries, Truthsayers and the famous Giants of Albion could be wandering monsters and/or mercenaries.

I love how you've added the Regiments of Renown from the original Dogs of War army book as mercenaries to be hired in taverns, a true masterstroke. A few suggestions to expand on the system would be to increase the amount of mercenaries you can purchase each time - 2 pikemen at a time don't last very long! Rather than have Alcatani Fellowship pikemen upgrade to Muktar's Desert Dogs it'd make more sense to upgrade to Leopold's Leopards and then maybe another split upgrade between Ricco's Republican Guard (strong melee) or Pirazzo's Lost Legion (can spawn with pike and crossbow). It would also probably be worth giving Voland's Venators more durable horses as their current one dies too easily ( http://battlegroundhobbies.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/warhammer-fantasy-dogs-of-war-volands.html ). Maybe let Van Klumpf's Buccaneers upgrade to Vespero's Vendetta. It would also be appreciated if you could increase the range of Beorg's melee attack from 30 to 60ish so he's actually useful to keep as a bear and not turn into a chaos warrior styled companion. Yes, I intend on making a full Dogs of War army in game so it would be nice if they were a tad stronger. Mercenary infantry just collapses into a pile of steaming entrails at the moment while Braganza's Besiegers make the actual kills >.>

I agree that, as a lot of people have mentioned, there is a need for a greater number of sizeable wandering warbands/armies such as daemon armies, necromancers leading undead armies (more zombies!), Chaos Dwarf armies attacking the World's Edge Mountains area etc...

The only bugs I've noticed that I haven't seen anyone mention is that it's impossible to exit the dungeon of one of the Empire cities as there is no interaction prompt over the door and you spawn into the dungeon next to the prisoner and not near the actual door. Some other doors are mixed up in some of the brilliant new Empire city scenes.

I think you guys have done a phenomenal job so far and eagerly look forward to more additions.

I just downloaded the mod but I'm having an annoying bug right from the beginning.
I'm experiencing a lot of mini-freezes when I'm on the world map, any clue ?

Sorry for bad english

TheGoldElite said:
kanzy said:

Yeah there never seems to be any war for me; and when there is war it's really far away and we never see conflict. I've seen bretons fight the empire, and the goblins had a brief fight with the dwarfs buts that all. Considering it's warhammer  think there should be much more hostility between the factions, particulary some should hate each other alot more such as elfs, dwarfs vs goblins etc.

For both of you, reach your main Mount&Blade Warband folder,
go into Modules,
go into Warsword Conquest,
open up the simple_triggers.txt,
look for the number 384 a little way down the page (it is the first number in one line),
change it to the number 24 and save.

I was stucked in an infinite world peace as well, and then I have tons of wars after that trick suggested to me by a friend.
I take no resposibility, do that at your own risk

If anyone have something to add, tell us.

It is some kind of funny that a mounted soldier who looses his mount during a battle, tries to get on a new one,doesn't mind to which faction it belongs.(leads to orcs on horses,empire knights on squigs and boars or skeletons on cold ones :grin:)

What is the fix for everlasting peace? I did provocation quests from other lords but all it did was earn me the scorne of my liege :sad:
Even killing several armies doesn't spark a war.

Edit: Woops, Thanks a lot!

boskoz said:
TheGoldElite said:
kanzy said:

For both of you, reach your main Mount&Blade Warband folder,
go into Modules,
go into Warsword Conquest,
open up the simple_triggers.txt,
look for the number 384 a little way down the page (it is the first number in one line),
change it to the number 24 and save.

I was stucked in an infinite world peace as well, and then I have tons of wars after that trick suggested to me by a friend.
I take no resposibility, do that at your own risk

If anyone have something to add, tell us.

Great tip mate, thanks and thank your friend for me, about 10 in game days and all peace agreements are finished, let the warhammer begin.

Guys truly... the more I play your mod the more I like it!

You have made a dream of mine come true actually  :lol:; Heavens know I much I wanted to have the chance of roleplaying a Warrior Priest of Sigmar, but alas nobody ever came up with a decent Warhammer based RPG (well aside from Age of Reckoning; though that was an MMO and sadly has been closed down anyway :sad:). GW is too concerned with the longevity of their tabletop goldmine to make a decent game by themselves (I don't know how they don't realize they would make millions out of it) and too greedy to give somebody else a licence for a reasonable price.

Now, finally, my prayers have been answered and I can't thank you enough for that!! I have been playing mostly Empire obviously, (as you can see from my new avatar  :grin:) but in the last few days I've had the chance to try out more or less all the races... you know what? Forget about my previous suggestion about less races with more polishing! lol

All armies are amazingly athmospheric and give a wonderful sense of immersion, especially thanks to the sounds (the Orks are particularly awesome in that respect I have to say... "We're... still... da... best..." lol that makes my day everytime) and I can totally live with a few maybe not-so-optimal textures and models... hell the worst of them is still a lot better than much of the stuff you find around anyway and considered how poor M&B graphical engine is you made miracles in many instances

I can't really wait to see how this project will evolve in the future, keep up the great work guys!

Applenut said:
I just downloaded the mod but I'm having an annoying bug right from the beginning.
I'm experiencing a lot of mini-freezes when I'm on the world map, any clue ?

Sorry for bad english

Help ?  :lol:

Back
Top Bottom