SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello, does anybody have complete troop tree list ? I couldn't find one anywhere.

And how to make an outpost please ?

Kishinz said:
Nameless Warrior said:
darkdabbler said:
have u folks put any easter eggs in to find?

Not yet. There is one character creation choice for one particular race which is way better than all the rest and buffs your start but that is about it.

Say who´s the one little please?  :oops:

If it´s too spoilery just say the race.

Edit: I SAW IT...
WHAT WAS SEEN CANNOT BE UNSEEN.

dont keep us hanging-which is the uber race+choice?? pleeeeeze

For those who complain about overpowered dwarfs - have you tried to use bretonian lord's huntsmen when fighting against dwarfs ? I'd say they do pretty well.

I have war against bretonia and whenever i fight against them in field i suffer quite heavy losses from archers.
I have neglected cavalry in my army and now I have to pay for it. Earlier in game most of my fights were repealing sieges, so i have good melee infantry some leadBelchers and some other dwarfen firearms. Infantry easily handles cavalry charge (or whats left from it after leadbelchers shoot at them) , but archers have better range and rate of fire, so ranged fight is not a good option. Charging them with infantry doesn't work well either, because they scatter and run away in many directions, while my troops rush all together or in couple large groups each group chasing small group of archers or even single troop.

Rabh said:
I was hoping you guys could add the ability for the player to cancel raiding a village if powerful enemies show up, as shown here http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,148290.0.html

I agree, this will be a nice add.
Everytime I raid a village i just cross my fingers in the hope of not getting caught.

Nameless Warrior said:
Raiding villages is extremely lucrative though, maybe a bit of risk is not a bad thing? Adds to the tension.
While I do understand what you mean raiding is supposed to be an attack and run thing, besides, if the lords can do it, why not the player?

As a Bretonnian user I do have an extensive list of fights that I won mainly with Lord Huntsman, but believe me, they got range and fire-rate, but that doesn't mean they got the aim. To be useful they have to be around the 20+ and that's already half or more than half the units you could field. I used it against both Skaven and pirates and it resulted to work, but mainly for weakening them. They are sort of unreliable. More than half the kills they do are actually melee when they have no more arrows. My experiences with Dwarfs were so bad the 3 times we fought that I decided not to participate on that war.

Funny enough I have used more Bretonnians as a massive archer army than a cavalry one, just recently I made the change, but I still have 100 Lord Huntsman.

And nice to hear about those changes, really needed.

All I ever hear about is how dwarves are so overpowered and crazy strong they are. But has anyone tried to siege a dark elf castle? Those repeater crossbows rip hell into your troops before they get halfway up the ladder. No idea how to beat them (as high elf) at this stage.

darkdabbler said:
Kishinz said:
Nameless Warrior said:
darkdabbler said:
have u folks put any easter eggs in to find?

Not yet. There is one character creation choice for one particular race which is way better than all the rest and buffs your start but that is about it.

Say who´s the one little please?  :oops:

If it´s too spoilery just say the race.

Edit: I SAW IT...
WHAT WAS SEEN CANNOT BE UNSEEN.

dont keep us hanging-which is the uber race+choice?? pleeeeeze

Sorry, Johnny, but you will have to guess it, or just go in the try and error (As i did )

The only thing i can say about it: It´s cool, it´s kinda a test ( to see initial things ), and it´s scary...Very Scary...

Rezian said:
All I ever hear about is how dwarves are so overpowered and crazy strong they are. But has anyone tried to siege a dark elf castle? Those repeater crossbows rip hell into your troops before they get halfway up the ladder. No idea how to beat them (as high elf) at this stage.

Someone playing with the Dark Elfs said that too, and i can´t say that i don´t agree.

My english is to weak to say in detail what i think, but i try it.
Ok .. this army is to strong ... this is to weak ... but what ist weak/strong and why?

Is there a bigger meta concept of strenghts and weaknesses of the Factions?
Which Factions should be strong, but less in number and which Factions should be weaker, but much more numberous.

Can the warband engine allow weaker Factions to get more troops than stronger Factions?
Maybe a Dwarf should be a strong opponent that kills some mid gobbos before he is knocked down, but when there are six gobbos for each Dwarf, is there nearly a chance for the gobbos to kill this dwarf?

Can the warband engine allow weaker Factions to get more lords than stronger Factions?

What is/was your (Del, Horla, Nameless Warrior)  bigger Concept?

Nameless Warrior said:
Cladorfax said:
Might be my computer but the hassassin texture flips back and forth depending on distance
a46f5419-efdd-48a7-a3fd-45e77576cbdc_zpsf0f84b88.jpg
5ffbf3c5-1f3e-454a-a903-88bbc68ae4f0_zpsb2d6a85c.jpg

Finally made it as a marshal, time to raid the tomb =) ( the pirates never stood a chance with our hit and run tactics)
mb26_zps4810fc18.jpg
mb27_zpsd35af9d9.jpg

Favorite faction, the archers are strong! and the assassins. the Camel riders.. bleh. Those Sand Wraiths is what gets me <3 saved 5 and have them in my army, cost me a 1k per week, but worth

Araby have a very versatile troop tree, I always like to have some of their troops in my army.

I have fixed the issue with their army sizes in the next update.

Woo, one last thing get a error code when hosting a feast for them, they all freeze around castle (except for the lords that hate me) just two error codes repeatedly
mb20_zpsb9965236.jpg

Kaiser Grimnir said:
Ok .. this army is to strong ... this is to weak ... but what ist weak/strong and why?

Which Factions should be strong, but less in number and which Factions should be weaker, but much more numberous.

Can the warband engine allow weaker Factions to get more troops than stronger Factions?
Maybe a Dwarf should be a strong opponent that kills some mid gobbos before he is knocked down, but when there are six gobbos for each Dwarf, is there nearly a chance for the gobbos to kill this dwarf?

Can the warband engine allow weaker Factions to get more lords than stronger Factions?

No it can't, that why factions have to be balanced  counting they have the same number of soldiers and/or the means to counter the other army. In the balance also comes the consideration of sieges and defenses. Some races like the bretonnians are supposed to have a superb field engage. While other more infantry and ranged based have an amazing defense and sieging ability. That's not to say that you will never win against their strenghts, but that it been possible should be harder to do. Winning vs a bretonnians infantry+ranged is easy, vs their cavalry it's not. Similarly Dwarves and Skaven have good infantry, and ranged that if played right in the right maps are devastating.

But there are units that by themselves and few in number, around 25% of the field army, can take on the other entire army. It was mentioned before how Jezzails were too precise on their shots, also how the dark elf ranged were massively OP. Similarly the Dwarves been tough and having good ranged was just a question of time before their infantry went into range to finish off everything the rangers didn't kill.

The Skaven right now are alright, they got good infantry, a big monster, great range. Dwarves are possibly OP. A high elf player was complaining of how the dark elves were killing his army when he had more troops. The rest of the factions are good. Orcs are the ones to give me a lot of injuries, same with tomb Kings.

I haven't fought against Lizards, Goblins,Empire, Chaos or Dark Elves to give a honest opinion. But I'm also using the Empire, and they seem to be very versatile, strong cavalry, strong infantry and mildly good ranged. Just like in the game they seem to be able to do most of the things alright, balanced with a big tree with more specialized troops that are expensive and hard to get to. Yes their cavalry is very, very strong, but they are the hardest units to get, while everything else is on foot.

And Pirates, they seem like a good facton for the player but the AI is just so dumb with them that every single thing I do vs them turn into a massacre. They are the one race I don't see how to lose against unless I fight 40 vs 1000. I can field an army of Lord Hunstman and they will be dead before getting into range, I can field knights and they will be dead before they walk out of their spawn. I can charge alone and take out 100 of them. I can shoot them and take out 40 of them(I ran out of bullets) But since I have yet to play with them I can't honestly talk against them because their army composition seems to be the most heavy ranged one and maybe a player will use their full potential better. After I feel comfortable with my Bretonnian army(I had 4 towns, but the Goblins,Skaven and Dwarves decided they were too many) I will focus on a pirate one(Talking about "my army" feels so Warhammer-like).

Tho one thing I could add is that having more scout, raid, war parties going around that are affiliated to a nation would help them out massively, and in return would fill the map more. We could start with changing the places the Beastmen warband spawn. They are all in the sea, unable to move. There's one thing a mod did, called Perisno, were they would spawn "events" of big raiding parties into the world, like slaves, mercenaries, etc. You guys could take that into account for the future. Like  one chaos lord warparty suddenly went into the empire, Bretonnian Crusades in Araby. Vampire Kings and Invading raids near the Lizardmen. Things like that in the future. I know you guys have a long way to go, and a lot of work. Whatever you guys will add, I will enjoy it just as much as I'm ejoying myself now.

Also I found a 400 man Undead Pirates army. The privateers lost the sea it seems. I could try to take it out, but I'm too scared. and the naval battles are too buggy to even try.

Edit: I only keep creating Males, would that help me find the secret start? Or I must pick another race? Just tell us the race. Is it orks? I started with a very strong orc in comparition. Please...

I don't know if it has been reported. But the siege of iron rock the capital of the orcs is bugged. The first stage is ok except the pathfinding of the soldiers who stay at the gates. I must guide them.

But the second fight in the streets of the city is bugged. The game crashed. This happen two times.

I think that the empire faction is ok. Personnaly, I found fighting the bretonnian was hard with the paladin. But it is always the case with special troups.

I play with the best heroes (i desactived companions complaints).

Kaiser Grimnir said:

The main thing we want is exciting battles but more than that we want to create armies with different strengths and weaknesses which require a different thought pattern depending on combination and type of battle and whether offence or defence. It is still a work in progress but that is the end hope, that there is not a one tactic fits all approach to world domination. In terms of difficulty we want the mod to be challenging, more on the difficult side, especially in the early game.

The mod is balanced for armies of even size, I always had that in mind from the start when I created the stat system. Ever since the first warsword there has been a school of thought which wants varied size armies but that is not what we are set up for at the moment. I am not saying we will never have different army sizes, I am tweaking things now more than I did in the first warsword (although size is not yet one) but it is not priority, I don't think similar size armies is an issue and I would rather balance to that rather than create new stats across the board for differing army size.

Some players have asked for smaller High Elf and dwarf parties for example but in the tabletop game High Elves get "speed of asuryun" which is a big reason they are worth so much. Imagine if (hypothetically) I coded it in that enemies must wait for High Elves to take the first swing before they attack themselves, it would be way OP. I have given High Elves a buff to agility in the next update to try and simulate speed of asuryan and their higher weapon skill but it is not the same and it cannot be.

Some players want loads of skaven and goblins as that is what it is like in the tabletop game but in the way mount and blade works their small height is an advantage which balances with their lower armour ratings. I don't want to make them weaker as goblins and skaven are strength 3 and toughness 3 just like most troops in the tabletop game and the armour we give them is pretty representative of what the models have (the goblins have a different style of course).

In terms of overall balance I never intended for all factions to be straight down the line equally balanced. The pirates and the goblins were intended to be a bit weaker than the rest in the field (although the goblin size seems to put them on a level footing in the end) and the lizardmen and the dwarves were intended to be a little bit tougher than the rest (although the dwarves were not meant to be as strong as they have turned out to be which is being addressed in the next update). Overall the factions are supposed to be a good match with any advantages/disadvantages able to be overcome with a bit of thought, the right troop combination and luck with the terrain (damn river in the middle screwed me big time yesterday).

On another note the dark elf repeater crossbow rating was an error, I have brought it down to what its shot speed suggests and have reduced the reload time.

There really needs to be a more diverse roster of companions, what would be great is if they could be region/location specific. At which point you could have a good number of companions for each of the races. Rather than being stuck alone or having only 1 companion if you try for a race specific army.

Also it would be nice to see some of the optimised and downright delightful UI optimisations in some mods. As well as a larger list of quests to do, it's still pretty much the same ones, I'm sure some work from other mods could be agreed upon and used to expand in that regard. Just a shame to be doing the same old same old quests.

Kaiser Grimnir said:
Thx for your detailed answer.

Bug:
- The Grudge Hammer hits in slow motion.

Thanks, that is now fixed. I wonder does the AI hold in the blocking position for as long as it takes for the swing to reach them or does it realise how long it will take and attack instead?

A lot of the troops in warhammer have very close stats. Most have ws 3 or 4, strength 3, toughness 3 and 1 attack. In some cases a warsword faction has a level 9 troop and a level 24 troop yet in the tabletop game those troops have exactly the same stats. The difference is often in the specifics of the tabletop game or in special rules and abilities which are not transferable to warband (although I do eventually plan to add some in such as stubborness for example which makes troops immune to routing) which makes them better or worse. The tabletop specifics and the special rules are often the reason why armies are big or small in the first place.

Social-Pariah said:
There really needs to be a more diverse roster of companions, what would be great is if they could be region/location specific. At which point you could have a good number of companions for each of the races. Rather than being stuck alone or having only 1 companion if you try for a race specific army.

Also it would be nice to see some of the optimised and downright delightful UI optimisations in some mods. As well as a larger list of quests to do, it's still pretty much the same ones, I'm sure some work from other mods could be agreed upon and used to expand in that regard. Just a shame to be doing the same old same old quests.

You are right and later on down the line I will look at adding more companions of the non human races. I went for a faction rather than race orientation for the companions which is why we have so many humans.

The mod is still in the early stages, we hope to get new quests in the mod in the future.

Back
Top Bottom