SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Users who are viewing this thread

Wranger said:
As a tabletop High Elf player, I've been quite eagerly waiting for them for some time. Glad to hear it's not far off, keep up the good work devs! :grin:

wcparker said:
Any chance we'll see Skaven soon?  The gameplay is much better than in classic M&B, but I miss my ratmen.  Especially when there are Lizardmen to fight!

Auggy said:
Looking good on this mod! when is del coming back!

Del is currently away for personal reasons, but we hope to see him back soon.
We are also working on a trailer to give you the chills.  :smile:

wcparker said:
Bastard!  You know a trailer is only going to increase the gap between what I want and what I have.  :evil:

It just means that maybe we'll get more help on the scene_props topic. Also, it is an external member of the team who's making the trailer, so there's no loss of focus here.

A quick announce : :wink:

11012843876_776476c9ec_o.jpg

2013-06-17_00032.jpg

2013-03-31_00018.jpg

2013-04-01_00001.jpg

2013-04-04_00002.jpg

2013-04-04_00006.jpg

2013-06-17_00025.1.jpg

WARSWORD CONQUEST

A Warhammer Fantasy Battles mod for Warband, developed by Del, Nameless Warrior, TheMageLord and Horla.

Warhammer Fantasy takes place in a medieval fantasy world during dark times. Human fight alongside with Elves and Dwarves against Orcz, Goblins, Chaos forces, undeads, dark elves and much more. In this world, war is everywhere, and one can rise or die (or worst) anytime.

We are currently looking for scene_props modelers :

Warsword Conquest has everything a Warhammer fan can expect :

- Massive battles
    - Fearsome monsters
    - Detailed units
    - Glorious charges and last stands
    - A lot of gore
    - Magic items
    - A large world
    - New features, like Necromancy, Regeneration,  and much more.

We are looking for motivated scene_props modelers who would like to contribute to the mod by creating buildings, decorations, monuments and interest points. These props will require a good level of creativity, because they'll stand out from the common "human" architecture we are all used to. Of course, I'll be able to provide a lot of references.

If you are interested, please contact me here or via PM !  :smile:

You can find the mod here :

TW : http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=145937.0
modDB : http://www.moddb.com/mods/warsword-conquest/#4236425

About the references :

In fact, there are many references for the props we would like : Games Workshop produced many models for its boardgame players and there are also the famous Age of Reckoning artworks for Warhammer Online.

Making it short, here are some examples :

Props :

Ruined Monument :
m1185038_99129999003_WarhammerArcaneRuinsMain_445x319.jpg
An orc totem :
dscn0940.jpg
Protection parchments with Imperial seals :
warhammer__sigmar_cult_seal_by_i_tavaron_i-d3eo9ds.jpg
Chaos Legions Emblem (just the general cross with eight branches) :
wjrf_wol_chaos-symbol.jpg

Buildings :

A watchtower :
m1185007_99120299013_WarhammerWatchtowerMain_873x627.jpg
A dark elve Witch tower :
img49de5ae2f2539.jpg
An orc watchtower :
2.jpg
Decayed egyptian-like buildings for the Tomb Kings :
Tomb_Kings_City.jpg

These pictures are only references ! We don't expect this level of details, but an idea that will inspire the players.

Also, depending on the willing of the modeler, there are plenty of "styles" in terms of architecture in the mod : if you feel more like doing only elven stuff, or only dwarven props, or only pick-in for a few models, you are more than welcome.

I would like to show you what we need for the Tomb Kings faction, largely based on antic Egyptian architecture.

1) Obelisks from various sizes :

khemri1.jpg

2) Columns with engravings :

yyhjyhytyrt.jpg

3) Stepped Pyramids :

pyrami21.jpg

dsc00615.jpg

4) Broken architectural elements : for instance, old columns, broken statues, paved road in very poor condition, ... this is the spirit we would like to share, while playing with the current sarranide scenes :
nehekhara.jpg

Tomb Kings should be relatively easy. It's a lot of flat surfaces.

I'd be delighted to help in some small way, but I have no experience with this and all the tutorials/guides I found with a short Google were for creating maps. Anyone got a link to a guide just for creating these props?

stiggy said:
could you post an updated list of factions please

Sure thing.

There are 13 factions :

- Empire of Sigmar
- Bretonnia
- Dwarves
- High Elves
- Lustria
- Pirate Kingdoms with the Tilean Cities
- Araby
- Dark Elves
- Orcs
- Wild Goblins
- Chaos Lands
- Tomb Kings
- Skavens - in progression

You can also count several other races present in the game : beastmen, of course, Nigh Goboz, Ogres and Trolls.

Horla said:
stiggy said:
could you post an updated list of factions please

Sure thing.

There are 13 factions :

- Empire of Sigmar
- Bretonnia
- Dwarves
- High Elves
- Lustria
- Pirate Kingdoms with the Tilean Cities
- Araby
- Dark Elves
- Orcs
- Wild Goblins
- Chaos Lands
- Tomb Kings
- Skavens - in progression

You can also count several other races present in the game : beastmen, of course, Nigh Goboz, Ogres and Trolls.
thanks

I look at these screenshots and it's very nice, but I do not understand why do not you release some beta version at least? That would be really awesome, please, do this.

PanKotsky said:
I look at these screenshots and it's very nice, but I do not understand why do not you release some beta version at least? That would be really awesome, please, do this.

Last Release Info

The first part of Warsword Conquest is now ready to download here
http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=3318  :wink:

thomaser said:
PanKotsky said:

Last Release Info

Thank you, but everyone knows the preview version has already been released. There's no need to put this DL link in the comments in place of the Wasword Team members.

Horla said:
thomaser said:
PanKotsky said:

Last Release Info

Thank you, but everyone knows the preview version has already been released. There's no need to put this DL link in the comments in place of the Wasword Team members.

For a moment there i thought conquest 1.0 is ready for download!

Horla said:
thomaser said:
PanKotsky said:

Last Release Info

Oke sorry for that :cry:

And i have a question is the Vampire Count coming back like in the mod for M&B ?

Back
Top Bottom