SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Users who are viewing this thread

I bought M&B warband on steam. The game is activated.

The install instructions requires to override the executable. Upon launching the game with WSE, a serial prompt appears. Using your own serial form steam fails to activate the game with the 1170 executable. Same issue with the latest WSE and the provided 1.174 executables.

jb said:
I bought M&B warband on steam. The game is activated.

The install instructions requires to override the executable. Upon launching the game with WSE, a serial prompt appears. Using your own serial form steam fails to activate the game with the 1170 executable. Same issue with the latest WSE and the provided 1.174 executables.

Solution:

Go to steam, right click on warband, view CD key
Copy warband CD key

Go to taleworlds.com/en/Account/ConvertSerial
Generate new key

Use new key

Just a friendly note to existing and future issues, and questions: You're better off coming over to the Warsword Conquest Discord, as there is much better chance of receiving a reply far quicker than waiting around in the forums. There are more active people there. Devs, support, and other players. All with the potential to solve your issue, or give you the information you seek. Knowledge flows around that place at a faster rate, that's for sure.

So come on over, and say hello. :fruity:

Yo boys, most of my spells aren't working can you shed some light on the issue.
I have fireball, Burning Head, and some augmentation spell. Only the augmentation spell works, my magic skill is at 5, and I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. Just point and left click right?

willwillman11 said:
Yo boys, most of my spells aren't working can you shed some light on the issue.
I have fireball, Burning Head, and some augmentation spell. Only the augmentation spell works, my magic skill is at 5, and I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. Just point and left click right?
I'm not sure if this is your problem, but you can change your active spell on "v" and "b", cycling through the spells in your inventory

kevinflemming said:
Doesn't matter how good your system is, believe me. I have a dedicated water-cooled gaming system, and still experience crashes from time-to-time (although, only a handful since release). Warband is an ancient 32-bit game, with a memory limit of 2GB. So my 32GB RAM and 4GB GTX980 mean very little, as with any and all older games that are 32-bit. And it's the same for everyone else too.

There won't be a "stability patch" because most of the crashes aren't down to any one particular aspect of the mod. It's been extremely-random for everyone. Some crash with Goblins, some with High Elves, some with Chaos. Practically every race has shown-up in a report at one time or another. After weeks of testing, reports, even more testing, some more reports, and lots of complaining, nothing concrete has been determined as the "sole cause" of any of these crashes.

The only thing we do know, is that Warband is running out of memory. Something which Warband does in Native (on occasion) anyway. It's not exactly a well-built game. And people often forget just how shoddy it really is. Now considering how much the mod actually adds (bear in mind, it's nearly 3GB, over three times the size of the actual game itself), and with new systems, textures and scenes, the huge amount of factions and troops, it all increases the chances of the game reaching it's limit far sooner than other mods.

A beta for a 64-bit build began in November (for Linux and OS X).  If that goes stable, and they introduce a Windows version, years of problems with mods crushing the engine with textures and such should be mitigated.  (Well, should go away, but I'm not naive enough to expect that) :razz:

I apologize if this has already been answered but i didn't see it on any of the recent pages.

What weapon skills, if any does casting magic take? It looks like the firearms mechanic but i remember Phantasy using the Throwing skill.

Edit: just found the manual and saw it's clearly documented that firearms is the skill. Leaving this here for the clueless like myself.

Hello
Thanks for the mod, very nice new stuff to play with.
Is there a file we can edit to change some of the magic spells to our liking? (I would like to reduce cooldown times, mainly on missil spells as it feels frustrating to have to wait before firing again)
Thank you

Im playing as dwarf atm and when i runesmithed the 55k rifle i keep getting an error when i change to it and i don't see the reload sped going the 150% faster its supposed to (i am launching through mod its the only thing ive seen that gets an error) also i don't know if its even getting the damage boost from the +12 either hoping to see if this is a known issue or bug or just me ><

the error i get is

script warning on opcode 2094: invalid agent ID: 250 like No:39
At mission template[9] mst_Lead_Charge Trigger [32] Consequences (this one pops up 5 times)

I recently purchased a new laptop and setup WC on my new laptop.  I transferred all my save files over to my new laptop and thats where I run into an issue.  Whenever I try to load any of my original saves the game crashes.  I can make new saves and play those saves just fine.  Also, those original saves work fine on the original PC. Anyone else have any tips or experience this?
***EDIT Found a fix***
I copied over the whole module folder from original pc instead of using the fresh download on new laptop.  Seems to have fixed it.

CriticallyAshamed said:
Hi guys,
Is it a gameplay "feature" that I cannot enter friendly cities? I keep getting the text that should occur if you were hostile with the faction.

Finally downloaded this game yesterday(thanks to Reformist for the "how to..." youtube vid :wink:)
By friendly do you mean your faction is at peace with them?  Or they are your factions towns?  Not sure if your relation with the lord of the town matters or if racial prejudice plays a part.

Hi there just wondering I am on Mac and have obviously got m&b problem I have is the skeleton.xml for mods for instance presno so the giant ain't invincible but I recently downloaded warsword and some unit are invincible on that mod to but when I place the skeleton.xml file in native folder it has both preson and now warsword skeleton.xml's can I only have one in there for it to work???

Back
Top Bottom