SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Users who are viewing this thread

Wolas3214 said:
Fairly bizarre to suddenly have no release date when everyone was so confident earlier

Nameless Warrior was always reluctant to post dates.  I stated the release ought to be fast as I didnt see much impeding it, but after the June-July merge many other team members felt the mod went backwards for scheduling and I had no interest in hearing about how my injection of code crippled the project, so I left them to sort their own issues.  From time to time I spend a few minutes replying to Nameless, and only him, outside the discord space for testing, which is full of heartbreak over how pre-July was the golden age and now its pure misery.  Before July everything ran faster, nothing coding was broken, and all the models and art was better than now.  Truly a sadder time for everyone now, since nothing worth having got added.  Its all just problems and heartbreak.  Somehow the same code works at Phantasy v158, which was publicly released, but it just doesnt do anything good here.  I don't have time for it, but I can see that it was a mistake to make such a large transfer.  Had I sent say 20-30 lines at a time so that democratically everyone could vote on it, it would have had higher approval.  60-70,000 lines take it or leave it wasn't very kind.  It broke my mod to spend the summer here, and in the end I had fewer people like the effort than hate it, which was dissappointing to me.  I won't make the same mistake twice.

It's still my instinct that if Nameless wanted to, he could in fact solve whatever he feels is holding the code I sent him back, in short time, but in the mean time he does ask and he does get answers.  I'm not sure if he ever had any issues of his own creation, or anyone else's besides me, as I don't really have perspective.  I do know each time he asks he gets a reply, and I take it from not much dialog directly to me he doesn't have much to ask me, so I assume there really isn't much that needs my involvement anymore.

Whether you have a Halloween mod, a Christmas mod, or a its done when its done mod, if you stop pestering him, maybe more can get done.  Its difficult to work when people strip away all your enthusiasm and thus leave you depleted of energy, exactly when you were hoping to push through to the end.  I know he got sick from trying too hard, and all the audience gave him for his efforts was a "why aren't you done yet! I want my free mod NOW".  Well, you know, grow up.  Really.  He's working harder than you paid for. He's doing everything right, to make sure it has quality control.  He has the best art team that never got paid.  Maybe beam him up some energy instead of complaining that your schedule is disappointed.  He's disappointed too - in me, in my code, in his support.  But he keeps at it.  And he never, ever, gave up.  You ought to, collectively, do likewise, and get off his back.

Agreed 100%. It will be finished, when it's finished. If you want it faster, go assemble a dev team and pay 'em.

I follow this awesome mod since years and it has always been updated with great improvements, each update was a blast ! Its already a more than very good mod ! Probably in my top 5 mods ever. That's why i don't care much to wait cause i know they will do another crazy update and they have a very good com and if they need delay i'm pretty sure they will say it. Sometimes is just better to say "hey sorry guys we need  6 months more" than just let peoples in the dark like Taleworlds do :mrgreen: !

Just like to agree with the previous poster, and to add the huge numbers that follow this mod is proof of how amazing it is.
I would also like to add, having worked at debugging code written by a very talented prolific coder, who usually wrote so fast he did not slow down to anecdote his code so that other people could see what was what, which made debugging someone else's work twice as hard, I know the work is very difficult. I did give up in the end as my wife objected to my spending 10 to 12 hours a day, 7 days a week, on my PC unpaid!  :shock:
As well as this, the base code used was riddled with defunct code, coded out by previous coders, but left in place, which was another headache. Worse, in some places, a bug was "worked around" without fixing the bug, and the work around often contained a different bug.
What I am trying to say, is that in a team, trying to merge 60-70,000 lines of code, (that possibly contains bugs), is a massive task. Not saying GSanders that you did not leave anecdotes or anything like that, or your input contained bugs, but I would argue it is far more difficult than you may think. You obviously know and are familiar with your own code, but someone who is not, could really find it difficult, so no, you were not kind. (Though I still think you are a gifted coder  :cool: ).
The code for a mod like this must be huge, and very complex, so I say to The Nameless one, GSanders and the rest of the team, a huge thank you, and if I win the lottery before I die, (a big win of course), I will see you all OK.
DISCLAIMER  Well that does depend on how many of you there are, and how much I win!  :roll:

Chii said:
Bannerlord still has a chance to get released before this update  :lol:

Certainly not the full release, but apparently there's a small chance that we'll actually get an Early Access version relatively soon, like maybe december or next january/february. In which case... yup, might end up playing Bannerlord first unfortunately, although it will obviously not have any fantasy element before modders can get their hands on it.

For me, WSC has always been one of the "It's done when it's done" mods. Yes, I am eager to try the new version, but I know that 1) everybody is working hard, 2) both time and effort are needed, 3) modders have lives/jobs/family/friends/other hobbies, and 4) the wait will be worth it.

Is there any info available on which features from other mods might be integrated? I guess the Freelancer thing is still gone, since Nameless Warrior personally doesn't like it, but what about the real estate or custom tournament stuff from Nova Aetas?

* as another skink approaches, lured by the crickets, they suddenly begin to bloat and emit a noxious cloud, transforming into a swarm of nurglings *

Please any of you, listen to my beggs Del any of the developers I'm begging you, in the next update please allow other races to wear other than their faction clothes and armor in most cases it fits so well you can leave out the orcs and goblins, the skaven, beastmen and lizardmen also chaos warriors but all the other races armor fit the human similiar to every bit and look lovely like that i don't know why there should be any blockade for that.

Edit// What i'm talking about is allow Zombies, Humans, Vampires, Elves, Dark Elves, Skeletons to wear all of their armors
Please get rid of the Armor restrictions

You can do that yourself in Morgh's Editor. The devs on the free mod are most likely too busy trying to get the next release out to accommodate a request like that. Open the module up in the editor and go to each armor. Check the races you want that armor for in the bottom right box on the screen. Remember to back up your file or module so you can go back once you realize it does not work as well as you might think in a lot of cases.

Lisha said:
You can do that yourself in Morgh's Editor. The devs on the free mod are most likely too busy trying to get the next release out to accommodate a request like that. Open the module up in the editor and go to each armor. Check the races you want that armor for in the bottom right box on the screen. Remember to back up your file or module so you can go back once you realize it does not work as well as you might think in a lot of cases.

But my problem is i don't have any Module file or i am doing something the wrong way, can you tell me exactly step by step how to do that?

Edit// Figured out how to open and edit weapons and armor but how can i change What factions/races can wear which armor?
Also Does the 'Faction [1]' indicate in which faction city will such item spawn / Which faction it belongs to (in this case it does rly nothing) or is it solving my problem and it chooses for which factions it is wereable?

Look up Morgh's Editor for warband. Do not use the module system since they have not released that system for this mod. I love to see you taking the time to do this yourself so am going to go step by step for this mod.

unzip the tool and click on Morghs M&B WB-WFAS Editor.exe in the folder. On the first screen of the tool it will have a Configuration button at the bottom above exit. Click that and point it to a COPY of Warsword Conquest in your module directory. Save Configuration and it will open the rest of the tool. Click on Item editor. The left side of the screen is all the items in warsword. You will need to scroll down to the armor you would like to be used by all races or more then normal races. For this tutorial I will use 859 itm_dreadknight. On the bottom right side of the screen is a box with the word Factions (1): above it. Scroll down and we see that this armor is used by 33 - fac_kingdom_12 which is the dark elves. You can either add the kingdoms you want to also access the armor by check the box next to the kingdoms name or uncheck that box and allow everyone to use. Once you are done with the check boxes Click Update Item on the top right, this is important or it will not save your changes. When you go to exit, it will save your item_kinds and create a back up.

To get a list of factions in this mod (or whatever mod you are editing) on the top menu of the tool click select editor and choose factions, it will give you a list of all kingdoms with their faction number.

any questions just ask. I will keep checking to make sure to answer.

I love this mod but want to see the amazons in it and not just as raiders so I replaced the Nippon with my own amazon faction. While the module system gives complete control you can do a lot with this editor once you get the hang of it. This lets Nameless make the mod for everyone and me to tweak it for myself with changes that would not be popular for everyone else.

Love you, thanks <3 Gonna play the hell out of the mod today

Edit// Alright gonna ask, didn't understand properly, does checking the box -fac no faction means it will be usable by all factions or by none?
Alright i've misread, thanks, no need to reply

Edit#2//Now, i've done it, if anyone wants it you can have it, i've changed the restrictions for human like races, haven't touched skaven, goblins, halflings, lizardmen, orks, dwarfs and beastmen other race armors are now wearable

https://mega.nz/#!WUwDTQKC!zT9s69zCGUMUnKX63JS8SFOjfI_0SXqOIZdNVOxnCU4
Also i want to ask, if i will add a new item via the morghs or normally will it show up at the item pool?

It doesn't work on your older saves i think also after applying it there's gonna be a mess in the shops, remember to backup your original file

yes it will as long as you tick merchandise check box.
So once on the item screen scroll down to an item close to yours or the item you wish to duplicate.
select it and on the top right click Add under Add/Delete Item, it will prompt you about which item you choose to fill the template. Click yes then click the - Add item - under update & save changes.
now you have a blank item after you click ok, Change the names remember no spaces in ITemID it uses _ for space. In the box 'Flags' make sure merchandise box has a check mark. Update and save your new item. It will show up in whatever faction shops you have chosen after a while. Of course its a total chance for the item to show under values make sure it has a high abundance to get it to show more often. I like to check out new items by putting them in a chest like the one with the samurai armor but have not found them in warsword.

1j5vm.jpg

Finally, the time has come.

On the 23rd of November, we will release the new update of Warsword Conquest.
It's going to be a BETA version, but a complete one, so we felt there wasn't any reason to hold it back any further.

Be ready.

23 - November - 2018

Back
Top Bottom