Ramazon said:Chaplain said:Oi, lads? Does anybody know where's grenades? It's mentioned in developer's list and in files but where 'em?
What do you mean by grenades exactly? I don't recall them from notes. Literal grenades do not exist. However there are 3 types of throwables in game, accessible and buyable from cheat menu item browser:
Liche Spell : 4 uses AoE throwable - used by Tomb King Liche Priest units
Poison Ball thingie: 3 use AoE throwable - used by Skaven (probably globadiers if there are such)
Naphta bomb: 2 use AoE throwable - I think they are used by someone from Arabia, just saw big fireballs in fight with them, either master thieves or sand wraiths
I have now played three different long games (200-300 days) I observed these balancing issues between factions:
- Skaven were eliminated completely in 2 out of 3 games, in the third they were in bad position as well. They can't take Bretonia and Wood Elves at once.
Update to above point: Bretonia is holding nearly whole Beastmen land, and most of Skaven lands. Today the High Elves declared war on them, and soon after Wood Elves did the same. That is very interesting and I love it. Proof that your scripts are working nicely. I was afraid that "good" factions will remain at peace and completely wipe out the "evil" ones.
- Beastmen were eliminated in 1 game soon after Skaven, around 100 days, so that is very quick. Maybe the new tier units will help them.
- Chaos is getting badly beaten by Kislev in each game, they take Askreved and nearly always everything down to Mount Vanir
- High Elves vs Dark Elves are at a constant draw (I reported that earlier). They keep fighting for either Arnheim Fortress or Black Fortress.
- Other factions are also at a draw, they loose one fort, they take one fort, rince&repeat.
I think that infinite draw is actually desirable outcome from immersion point of view, at least from my experience. The only boring part is that its always the same forts being fought over, but you could say that this is where the player should come in. There is a certain charm to the fact that factions hold the lands we expect them to, I am not a big fan of Bretonian Skavenblight etc.
I think that only Skaven really need some help, or maybe a buff. Maybe Chaos and Beastmen as well, but there is a chance they will get stronger with the new units you plan to give them.
Yes, I agree. Skaven are gone, Beastmen are nearly gone and Chaos is totally smashed with 2 areas left, even with me helping on and off. All by day 175
+++ Also, forgot to add.
The real issue I see is that lords rarely get new troops. So I encounter lords from every faction running around with 17, 25, 40 men. Faction leaders tend to have 100+ most times, but not always. I am thinking that this is the reason why some factions, ones who are fighting 2-3 local factions get destroyed.