SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Users who are viewing this thread

LAST_ACTION_HERO said:
NewPlanet said:
Btw is it just me or the dwarf faction feels weaker than the orks? Every battle appears to end in a bloodbath for dwarfs. I mean the orks are currently better... If you are feeling inspired maybe add some irondrakes (flame troops), ballista and gyrocopters in the mix.

Yes I noticed that too and others as well, its because their Holdings are wide spread out, so basically they Armies get weaker on a constant basis when they move around for example to attend feasts or when going back. I was preying on some of their Settlements to wait to be taken by Skaven before reconquering it for myself as well, what I noticed is the number of troops of the Lords around where slowly going down over time because of the distance they travel I assume, once they hit a critical point overall the Faction disappeared by a few Days, it seems it was for others as well. Same goes for the Orks by the way in my play they been overrun basically by Kieslev how at the same time where driving Chaos back far into the Wastelands, others also said they to overpowered in the moment.

I agree they could use more firepower, I am not sure if they will add things like a Canon/Ballista or Dwarf Artillery, but would be cool, I think they said same about Gyrocopters like for the Steam Tanks that they will not be any time soon in the mod if at all. If I recall it right there is a Ogre in the mod I think from the Pirate faction with a Canon that he uses like a Handgun to fire but I am not sure if he does Area Damage at all.

You could always just join the mod team they looking for more 3D Modellers and just make the stuff you want in the game and send to Nameless Warrior
http://www.moddb.com/mods/warsword-conquest/images/hear-ye-hear-ye-all#imagebox

I noticed too that several lords from both dwarfs and orks walk around with 40 or less troops! In my current game the dwarf king lost his town and is walking around with 16 troops only for a long time :eek:

As for the units I guess it's too much to add ballista and other things due to game limitations. No problem though they could balance by adding halberds and another tier of elite troops for dwarfs like grey beards and elders if they agree it needs balancing. We do have acess to leadbelcher ogres but I was thinking about giving miners a blast charge that would be a throwing explosive weapon. The Old West mod has it for example.

I can help only with hunting bugs and with balance in general like a fan of the mod since I have no modding skills.
 
NewPlanet said:
I noticed too that several lords from both dwarfs and orks walk around with 40 or less troops!

Yes they be running around with less then >20 Troops after that I never seen them to recover, that also was the case with other factions shortly before they got eliminated. I believe the only way to fix that would be to split some factions Like Dwars, Orcs, Goblins but keep the same amount of Lords (basically, copy paste and change names) and just put them over the map. That also would allow to have Orc vs Orc wars to see how is the biggest and best. Like in the Game where you have firs tot conquer the other Orcs before going on a big Warghhh.
 
NewPlanet said:
Btw is it just me or the dwarf faction feels weaker than the orks? Every battle appears to end in a bloodbath for dwarfs. I mean the orks are currently better than the dwarfs at basically eveything! Orks have weapons with longer reach, higher damage, trolls, cavalry and tough troops. Only advantage the dwarfs have that I can think of is firearms! Maybe you guys could add some dwarfs with halberds to improve weapon reach and change the damage of their top tier troops to pierce? You could also add some blast charges for miners (yes area explosive blunt damage). If you are feeling inspired maybe add some irondrakes (flame troops), ballista and gyrocopters in the mix.

I've found the Dwarfs actually annihilate my orcs if I'm not helping out. Their firearms are extremely strong and easily decimate top tier units (also making it far more dangerous to solo behind the enemy), and their infantry in particular stay nicely clumped together. I've found them sturdier on the battlefield than other factions I've gone up against, but maybe my experience is unusual!

Great mod guys, really loving the units.
 
Zaro2 said:
I've found the Dwarfs actually annihilate my orcs if I'm not helping out. Their firearms are extremely strong and easily decimate top tier units (also making it far more dangerous to solo behind the enemy), and their infantry in particular stay nicely clumped together. I've found them sturdier on the battlefield than other factions I've gone up against, but maybe my experience is unusual!

Great mod guys, really loving the units.

You are right on that one, if they have a full scale army, but when their Army is crippled in numbers like below 60 they keep just losing. I used in my play a mixed army, it seems Orcs die easier on the lower Tiers on mass and in the High tier they doing lots better, of course once they reach it they just keep performing well no matter against how. They have that boar rider Cavalry I use as shock troops together with Breton and other Cavalry, while Dwarfs I usually use as a Phalanx to hold the line. There is also one Dwarfen Hero I think named Grotek he does real Havoc once recruited.
 
For me the mod is unplayable, the armies almost always remain for ever on defense.
Do i have to kill 1600 soldiers alone? oÔ
 
I forgot to mention that the sea battles are a bit problematic imo, but I guess the mod creators are aware of that? Many units fall down from the ships and sometimes it's not possible to go fight in the enemy ship since an invisible wall appears. Perhaps it would be best to make sea battles a map where both sides start in their repective ships and just have to cross over to fight from already placed ramps.
 
NewPlanet said:
I forgot to mention that the sea battles are a bit problematic imo, but I guess the mod creators are aware of that? Many units fall down from the ships and sometimes it's not possible to go fight in the enemy ship since an invisible wall appears. Perhaps it would be best to make sea battles a map where both sides start in their repective ships and just have to cross over to fight from already placed ramps.

Actually its a Feature everything else would be Heresy  :iamamoron:

Just kidding, Polloio said some 50+ pages back that its because they imported something not sure anymore if from Viking or another mod and the Models do not match or dont work properly that all I remember there was more but I forgot... it should be fixed in the next Version.

Drakken said:
For me the mod is unplayable, the armies almost always remain for ever on defense.
Do i have to kill 1600 soldiers alone? oÔ

Can you explain what you mean, maybe even provide a Screenshot? I never experienced something like you mentioned, also no one before mentioned it. For me its mostly they either Charge my troops or set up a formation and then overrun me if they can.
 
LAST_ACTION_HERO said:
Actually its a Feature everything else would be Heresy  :iamamoron:

Just kidding, Polloio said some 50+ pages back that its because they imported something not sure anymore if from Viking or another mod and the Models do not match or dont work properly that all I remember there was more but I forgot... it should be fixed in the next Version.

Ok =)

Btw this mod is epic, I always recommend it when ppl ask so thank you mod developers.

Quick question: I have Oggy in my partyand I don't have the companions he dislikes (Abdul and Beorg right?) however he still says he is unhapy with companion choices? Could it be he dislikes other specific race or something else?
 
NewPlanet said:
Quick question: I have Oggy in my partyand I don't have the companions he dislikes (Abdul and Beorg right?) however he still says he is unhapy with companion choices? Could it be he dislikes other specific race or something else?

I think you mean  "style of leadership" and "choice of companions"

Well I had him too and the Psycho Beorg, I had to say I really enjoyed the Monologues since there is no way to know how likes and dislikes in first place, I had to disband both to get later Oggy back, I have no Idea about Abdul but I am sure it would had been funny too. One thing is companions how they like each other like almost everyone liked Bugmen and the other is style of leadership the other thing is how you manage the troops and what you do like raiding Villages some complain like Adelyin how was Human, others on the hand like that Pirate Lady what is like Jack Sparrow as a female (forgot name) leave you if you dont raid Villages. I also had to disband Bugman for a while because I hired a Woodelf (forgot his name also) how did not share his Motivation for Alcoholism while travelling through the woods.

Maybe they add later a option like in Viking Conquest where you can " Bribe " the companion with Money to get high Morale, like now its you pay them extra to stay a little bit longer.
 
Hariku said:
Is the dev team still looking for modelers? I would like to apply if you are.

They do, but not sure if you have to contact Nameless Warrior or Pollioio or both, you can figure it out, they need tons of Modellers to make stuff

http://www.moddb.com/mods/warsword-conquest/images/hear-ye-hear-ye-all#imagebox
 
LAST_ACTION_HERO said:
I think you mean  "style of leadership" and "choice of companions"

Well I had him too and the Psycho Beorg, I had to say I really enjoyed the Monologues since there is no way to know how likes and dislikes in first place, I had to disband both to get later Oggy back, I have no Idea about Abdul but I am sure it would had been funny too. One thing is companions how they like each other like almost everyone liked Bugmen and the other is style of leadership the other thing is how you manage the troops and what you do like raiding Villages some complain like Adelyin how was Human, others on the hand like that Pirate Lady what is like Jack Sparrow as a female (forgot name) leave you if you dont raid Villages. I also had to disband Bugman for a while because I hired a Woodelf (forgot his name also) how did not share his Motivation for Alcoholism while travelling through the woods.

Maybe they add later a option like in Viking Conquest where you can " Bribe " the companion with Money to get high Morale, like now its you pay them extra to stay a little bit longer.

Here is what is happening: I had oggy in the party and used to have beorg too. I had to dismiss beorg to keep oggy but oggy left even though I dismissed beorg. Later I foung oggy again and even though I no longer have beorg and abdul in my party (which are supposed to be his dislikes according to the post below I found from waaay back) he still says he is appaled at the choice of companions when asked and is at 0 relations and about to leave! Which is not good since he is a good doctor. :eek: In my evil playthrough I even stopped raiding villages just to please him. Perhaps he dislikes when battles go badly for the party he is in? However his complaint seemed to be about a companion that is no longer there!

Nameless Warrior said:
Companion                 Likes                                                 Dislikes

      Gotrek:                                Felix                                                  Braganza and Skeezle

      Felix:                                  Gotrek                                                Ripnitch and Eketi

      Jalil:                                Thulmann                                              Beorg and Maephilin

      Oggy:                                Ripnitch                                                Beorg and Abdul

    Ripnitch:                              Oggy                                                  Maephilin and Felix

    Thulmann:                            Jalil                                                Sir Aristide and Eketi

    Braganza:                        Skeezle                                                Gotrek and Bug

      Mamexi:                          Sir Aristide                                            Volands and Skeezle

      Volands:                              Bug                                                Mamexi and Sir Aristide

      Beorg:                                Eketi                                                      Oggy and Jalil

      Eketi:                                  Beorg                                                Thulmann and Felix

        Bug:                                  Volands                                                Braganza and Abdul

    Sir Aristide:                      Mamexi                                                  Volands and Thulmann

      Maephilin:                          Abdul                                                      Jalil and Ripnitch

        Abdul:                            Maephilin                                                    Bug and Oggy

      Skeezle:                        Braganza                                                Gotrek and Mamexi

      Scarloc:                          Eleanor                                                  Adelyn and Bugman

      Eleanor:                            Scarloc                                                    Florin and Zincicha

    Nakwatcha:                      Florin                                                      Bastich and Zincicha

        Florin:                            Nakwatcha                                              Eleanor and Bugman

      Bugman:                          Bastich                                                    Florin and Scarloc

      Zincicha:                          Adelyn                                                    Eleanor and Nakwatcha

      Bastich:                          Bugman                                                  Nakwatcha and Adelyn

      Adelyn:                            Zincicha                                                    Bastich and Scarloc

    Erasmus:                          Thrud                                                    Uggluk and Lord Albertus

      Uggluk:                          Lord Albertus                                            Thrud and Erasmus

      Thrud:                              Erasmus                                                Uggluk and Lord Albertus

  Lord Albertus:                  Uggluk                                                      Thrud and Erasmus
 
NewPlanet said:
Nameless Warrior said:
Companion                 Likes                                                 Dislikes

      Gotrek:                                Felix                                                  Braganza and Skeezle

      Felix:                                  Gotrek                                                Ripnitch and Eketi

      Jalil:                                Thulmann                                              Beorg and Maephilin

      Oggy:                                Ripnitch                                                Beorg and Abdul

    Ripnitch:                              Oggy                                                  Maephilin and Felix

    Thulmann:                            Jalil                                                Sir Aristide and Eketi

    Braganza:                        Skeezle                                                Gotrek and Bug

      Mamexi:                          Sir Aristide                                            Volands and Skeezle

      Volands:                              Bug                                                Mamexi and Sir Aristide

      Beorg:                                Eketi                                                      Oggy and Jalil

      Eketi:                                  Beorg                                                Thulmann and Felix

        Bug:                                  Volands                                                Braganza and Abdul

    Sir Aristide:                      Mamexi                                                  Volands and Thulmann

      Maephilin:                          Abdul                                                      Jalil and Ripnitch

        Abdul:                            Maephilin                                                    Bug and Oggy

      Skeezle:                        Braganza                                                Gotrek and Mamexi

      Scarloc:                          Eleanor                                                  Adelyn and Bugman

      Eleanor:                            Scarloc                                                    Florin and Zincicha

    Nakwatcha:                      Florin                                                      Bastich and Zincicha

        Florin:                            Nakwatcha                                              Eleanor and Bugman

      Bugman:                          Bastich                                                    Florin and Scarloc

      Zincicha:                          Adelyn                                                    Eleanor and Nakwatcha

      Bastich:                          Bugman                                                  Nakwatcha and Adelyn

      Adelyn:                            Zincicha                                                    Bastich and Scarloc

    Erasmus:                          Thrud                                                    Uggluk and Lord Albertus

      Uggluk:                          Lord Albertus                                            Thrud and Erasmus

      Thrud:                              Erasmus                                                Uggluk and Lord Albertus

  Lord Albertus:                  Uggluk                                                      Thrud and Erasmus

If seen that list for the first time, well then the Woodelf name is Scarloc he also does not like Bugmen and  well the other way around, my guess they updated or changed it. They also added tons of Generic Heros. Maybe its a bug that Ozzy wont join again or maybe you had him so much traumatised that he might never ever forgive you  :fruity:

I only could play the game itself to a certain point because I am busy with my studies, there be no more playing for me till like August... well maybe Nameless or Polloio can give a feedback on it. Sorry can not help on that one.
 
LAST_ACTION_HERO said:
If seen that list for the first time, well then the Woodelf name is Scarloc he also does not like Bugmen and  well the other way around, my guess they updated or changed it. They also added tons of Generic Heros. Maybe its a bug that Ozzy wont join again or maybe you had him so much traumatised that he might never ever forgive you  :fruity:

I only could play the game itself to a certain point because I am busy with my studies, there be no more playing for me till like August... well maybe Nameless or Polloio can give a feedback on it. Sorry can not help on that one.

It's ok. I ended up training skeezle the maladjusted skaven to be a doctor. He eats the patients sometimes but oh well.  :lol:
 
NewPlanet said:
It's ok. I ended up training skeezle the maladjusted skaven to be a doctor. He eats the patients sometimes but oh well.  :lol:

Was Skeezle the one that got casted out of his Clan and became a Assasin and then started to learn about Siege Warfare? I think him and Braganza got along very well he was actually one of my favourite Companions. But I got him kinda late in Game. There is one Halfing/Hobbiet riding a Goat you meet in the Tavern when he trys to steal you pocketchange, but I also forgot his name he dislikes him and leave after a while what actually was funny since he was my second recruited from my army. I believe the Conversation was something like this " That Rat is disgusting have you seen how he eats cheese utter barbaric... " the other dialogues where like how Braganza starts Teaching Skeezle since he sees lots potential in him, there was one more but I am not sure if it was him or another Skaven one of the Dwarf Heros either wanted to teach him how to fight or he complained for what he did wrong during combat, not sure if it was back then positive or negative there where so many dialogues, but overall I had no Idea how likes how and then you have like a bunch of them and all hell breaks lose just because I recruited everyone I could afford.

Well that aspect of the Mod was very fun made. :cool:

They uploaded yesterday 2 vids of Bannerlord on the TaleWorlds youtube page about the Horsecombat, we might get more infos today till Friday on the E3, basically it looks like Warband just with way better Visuals.
 
pyure said:
Greetings and salutations folks, and apologies if I'm placing this in the incorrect thread.

I don't see any of the notifications I'd expect to see in the mod, such as enemies dying (combat), characters being captured (campaign), etc.  Did I flub something with the installation?

To the best of my knowledge, I installed correctly (latest version plus 1 patch)

Due diligence: Looked for an FAQ in first post.

  1) check the version of Warband you have installed, to make sure it is AT LEAST 1.168 or later, and expressly NOT 1.158 or 1.153    There are several calls to get weight of items for each type of troop (and there are around a thousand such defined), giving an overflow of the output buffer if you have an older warband installed.  Need an older version for another mod?  You can actually install Warband more than once on the same machine, to different paths, and keep recycling the same license key (and it will find for you in the registry), at least for non-pirate, normal enough purchased Warband.

  I'd list a 2) or 3) but for 96% of cases that's the real culprit.  It is possible to glitch the output buffer by other means but actually I put some timer fired routines to try to periodically reset the output buffer so the other causes clean themselves up (they're related to attempts to spawn bandits and are themselves timer related events).
 
DeltaGun said:
How can I contribute to this mod? Do you have a Git repo set up?

  PM Nameless Warrior.  the source isn't public but if you can show some mod you've touched to give him some idea of what you can do it would be favourable.  It might take some time to get a reply -- that doesn't mean he blew you off, just that he doesn't check as often as players might expect.

  Generally someone has to vouch for you OR he takes the risk you didn't want to just hijack his code for your own mod, but considering we DO need coders and they're mighty hard to find you have the advantage of at least being willing to try.  That's something unusual in itself.  Nobody expects you to know everything or do everything; sometimes it is enough to be willing to try.  I can't say I was a problem free coder  :wink:

- GS
 
DeltaGun said:
vertinox said:
I mean I have to basically leave the faction to get holdings and then join back and its a pain to lose the fort so I cram 2000 crappy troops in their to deal with the 2000 man orc hordes which costs 4000 per week and I would need businesses to do that.

You get the next captured village when you pledge to a faction leader and become a vassal. After that, you aren't entitled to any holdings, and must persuade the lords of your realm to grant one to you. The strategy I use is that I make 5 or so allies after pledging (including the faction leader), then convince them to make me marshal. Once i'm marshal, I lead the army against a town and capture it. Then, I count as the person who captured it, and since I only have a village, I am able to persuade the lords to allow me to have the Town we captured. Then I relinquish marshalship until I am eligible to gain another holding.

This is all vanilla behavior. This mod doesn't alter the way you gain holdings or interact with lords.

  At least you understand the game.  That's a plus right there...
 
vertinox said:
What I am saying is that humans and dwarves should have the ability to have businesses.

  You can have an enterprise in every town, especially before joining a faction.  Technically I trade raw materials at first by hammering on a trade route for something that swings wildly in price, such as salt or iron.  I later buy a ship.  Eventually I invest in an enterprise.  Eventually I'm too wealthy for words, and stand accused of making the game pathetically easy instead of iron man difficult.  Ah well...
 
vertinox said:
Also after a discussion on Reddit. I'm pretty sure this mod reduces my garrisons from 700 men to 400 men without notification. There is no message. I'm not using Vikings and according to Reddit vanilla does not do this. Anyway I can mod this out? Thanks.

Edit. Oh yeah I just watched Luthor Huss walk into my castle and take 300 men.

  there is some old Motomaru campaign AI code that differs from Diplomacy (and native).  As it was there before I joined I left it in on the diplomacy merge as seen by last summer's Rigale Warsword mod, which was sort of a format to try new(ish) things. 
It's a little less obvious which line is the offending one, in as much as diplomacy is spread all over the place and entails some weeks of work to just line up and compare the different lines, even with a tool like WinMerge.

  It's something I'd like to see cleaned up but it needs several man weeks that I just don't have so far this year.
 
Back
Top Bottom