SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Users who are viewing this thread

vertinox said:
I mean I have to basically leave the faction to get holdings and then join back and its a pain to lose the fort so I cram 2000 crappy troops in their to deal with the 2000 man orc hordes which costs 4000 per week and I would need businesses to do that.

You get the next captured village when you pledge to a faction leader and become a vassal. After that, you aren't entitled to any holdings, and must persuade the lords of your realm to grant one to you. The strategy I use is that I make 5 or so allies after pledging (including the faction leader), then convince them to make me marshal. Once i'm marshal, I lead the army against a town and capture it. Then, I count as the person who captured it, and since I only have a village, I am able to persuade the lords to allow me to have the Town we captured. Then I relinquish marshalship until I am eligible to gain another holding.

This is all vanilla behavior. This mod doesn't alter the way you gain holdings or interact with lords.

Also after a discussion on Reddit. I'm pretty sure this mod reduces my garrisons from 700 men to 400 men without notification. There is no message. I'm not using Vikings and according to Reddit vanilla does not do this. Anyway I can mod this out? Thanks.

Edit. Oh yeah I just watched Luthor Huss walk into my castle and take 300 men.

I've been playing this mod lately and it's the best one I've ever played  :mrgreen:  are there any new features being made? will there be new versions? I think that demigryph knight charge would be a wonderful sight  :grin:

Spartan_Hoplite said:
I've been playing this mod lately and it's the best one I've ever played  :mrgreen:  are there any new features being made? will there be new versions? I think that demigryph knight charge would be a wonderful sight  :grin:

Glad you are enjoying it. There are many new features planned and it could potentially be one of our largest updates ever depending on what we get done. We have a lot of idea but some of them are in their infancy both in terms of coding and modelling. When we are certain on what we are definitely able to offer for the next release we will make a new update post on modddb but until then we will keep things close but working hard nevertheless.

@vertinox, that sucks. I will try and hunt down that code and remove it from the mod. I don't know where it comes from though, I certainly did not put that in.

Nameless Warrior said:
Spartan_Hoplite said:

Glad you are enjoying it. There are many new features planned and it could potentially be one of our largest updates ever depending on what we get done. We have a lot of idea but some of them are in their infancy both in terms of coding and modelling. When we are certain on what we are definitely able to offer for the next release we will make a new update post on modddb but until then we will keep things close but working hard nevertheless.

@vertinox, that sucks. I will try and hunt down that code and remove it from the mod. I don't know where it comes from though, I certainly did not put that in.

Thanks! Enjoying the mod otherwise!

So i'm having a bit of trouble getting the mod to work. I played it long ago, but now it loads up and gets all the way to loading textures then it just closes... no error messages or anything. I deleted everything and redownloaded the Warsword Full from May, then overwrote files using the Patch 1 from June. Is there something else I am missing?

Nameless Warrior said:
Spartan_Hoplite said:

Excellent! Will it be done this year maybe?

Clanky said:
So i'm having a bit of trouble getting the mod to work. I played it long ago, but now it loads up and gets all the way to loading textures then it just closes... no error messages or anything. I deleted everything and redownloaded the Warsword Full from May, then overwrote files using the Patch 1 from June. Is there something else I am missing?

What I usually find in cases like this is that I've unchecked "Load Textures on Demand" &/or "Force Single Threading".
"Force Single Threading" is usually the culprit for me. That's almost always a "CTD No Error Msg." for me.

Next: Test the archives for errors. These days, it's not common, but it happens.

DeltaGun said:
How can I contribute to this mod? Do you have a Git repo set up?

I think you should contact " Nameless Warrior " via pm or Polloio, like Nameless is leading that Mod and implementing models with some other guys from the Mod I am not sure how else they are many, but you could also send a pm to Polloio, I am sure he can direct you to the right place  :cool:

vertinox said:
Also after a discussion on Reddit. I'm pretty sure this mod reduces my garrisons from 700 men to 400 men without notification. There is no message. I'm not using Vikings and according to Reddit vanilla does not do this. Anyway I can mod this out? Thanks.

Edit. Oh yeah I just watched Luthor Huss walk into my castle and take 300 men.

Polloio said some pages before that bug was a the latest update from the native version, I noticed that bug also in one other mod I did try out. I made back then the suggestion to let Garrisons grow like in the mod of Heros of might and magic and just put them directly into the Garrison instead of recruiting.

Greetings and salutations folks, and apologies if I'm placing this in the incorrect thread.

I don't see any of the notifications I'd expect to see in the mod, such as enemies dying (combat), characters being captured (campaign), etc.  Did I flub something with the installation?

To the best of my knowledge, I installed correctly (latest version plus 1 patch)

Due diligence: Looked for an FAQ in first post.

Possible issue in my current game: I'm trying to free the dwarven king from the town of Iron Rock but after I get inside the dungeon and talk to him there is no way out! There is no button to get out of the dungeon so I'm forced to quit the game via esc menu.

NewPlanet said:
Possible issue in my current game: I'm trying to free the dwarven king from the town of Iron Rock but after I get inside the dungeon and talk to him there is no way out! There is no button to get out of the dungeon so I'm forced to quit the game via esc menu.

We are aware of this inconvcenience and will be solved in the next update :wink:

Is the download link from moddb the latest? Or is there patches or something to be found on the thread to update it?

Krius01 said:
Is the download link from moddb the latest? Or is there patches or something to be found on the thread to update it?

they still working on the next update or next Version. Earliest maybe around Summer something might come out. That is last I heard...  :ohdear:

polloio said:
NewPlanet said:

We are aware of this inconvcenience and will be solved in the next update :wink:

Awesome!

Btw is it just me or the dwarf faction feels weaker than the orks? Every battle appears to end in a bloodbath for dwarfs. I mean the orks are currently better than the dwarfs at basically eveything! Orks have weapons with longer reach, higher damage, trolls, cavalry and tough troops. Only advantage the dwarfs have that I can think of is firearms! Maybe you guys could add some dwarfs with halberds to improve weapon reach and change the damage of their top tier troops to pierce? You could also add some blast charges for miners (yes area explosive blunt damage). If you are feeling inspired maybe add some irondrakes (flame troops), ballista and gyrocopters in the mix.

pyure said:
Greetings and salutations folks, and apologies if I'm placing this in the incorrect thread.

I don't see any of the notifications I'd expect to see in the mod, such as enemies dying (combat), characters being captured (campaign), etc.  Did I flub something with the installation?

To the best of my knowledge, I installed correctly (latest version plus 1 patch)

Due diligence: Looked for an FAQ in first post.

If there is an error, notifications messages overflow and shut down. If you click on "notes" -> "Recent messages" you should be able to see what happened. See if there's a script error or something

You could make dual-wielding units for example wardancers, you make the sword in left hand to act as a shield but to be held as a sword and when unit is "shield bashing" the opponent it would look like it attacks with other weapon (ofcourse if you could make a "slash" movement it would be even more realistic) and unit would also be able to defend with. :smile:

NewPlanet said:
Btw is it just me or the dwarf faction feels weaker than the orks? Every battle appears to end in a bloodbath for dwarfs. I mean the orks are currently better... If you are feeling inspired maybe add some irondrakes (flame troops), ballista and gyrocopters in the mix.

Yes I noticed that too and others as well, its because their Holdings are wide spread out, so basically they Armies get weaker on a constant basis when they move around for example to attend feasts or when going back. I was preying on some of their Settlements to wait to be taken by Skaven before reconquering it for myself as well, what I noticed is the number of troops of the Lords around where slowly going down over time because of the distance they travel I assume, once they hit a critical point overall the Faction disappeared by a few Days, it seems it was for others as well. Same goes for the Orks by the way in my play they been overrun basically by Kieslev how at the same time where driving Chaos back far into the Wastelands, others also said they to overpowered in the moment.

I agree they could use more firepower, I am not sure if they will add things like a Canon/Ballista or Dwarf Artillery, but would be cool, I think they said same about Gyrocopters like for the Steam Tanks that they will not be any time soon in the mod if at all. If I recall it right there is a Ogre in the mod I think from the Pirate faction with a Canon that he uses like a Handgun to fire but I am not sure if he does Area Damage at all.

You could always just join the mod team they looking for more 3D Modellers and just make the stuff you want in the game and send to Nameless Warrior
http://www.moddb.com/mods/warsword-conquest/images/hear-ye-hear-ye-all#imagebox

Back
Top Bottom