SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Users who are viewing this thread

Finally had some time to try out the mod...

Great stuff guys!

Yeah there might be some bugs but, my gosh, that's amazing!

I played around with Empire and Sylvania and I'm truly having a blast

Just one technical question, probably for Gsanders. I think the answer is pretty obvious but I just want to make sure. combat skills and word saves are a save game thing, right? I mean that info does not get saved on character sheet, correct?
I just want to know because I'm thinking of importing a couple higher level characters to have a quicker start, but if I'm going to save their progress afterwards I would like to keep their sheets as clean as possible, since I use them across different modules. Thanks in advance.
 
Echtel said:
Finally had some time to try out the mod...

Great stuff guys!

Yeah there might be some bugs but, my gosh, that's amazing!

I played around with Empire and Sylvania and I'm truly having a blast

Just one technical question, probably for Gsanders. I think the answer is pretty obvious but I just want to make sure. combat skills and word saves are a save game thing, right? I mean that info does not get saved on character sheet, correct?
I just want to know because I'm thinking of importing a couple higher level characters to have a quicker start, but if I'm going to save their progress afterwards I would like to keep their sheets as clean as possible, since I use them across different modules. Thanks in advance.

  export doesnt record wards, dodge, or anything else that is stored in memory slots.  Those are save game specific, and will
always get bumped around if I add even a single global variable to the game, which happens often.  This is why I try not to have
many savegame restarts but it happens, so the last patch for example I tried to put in as many globals as I expected to use in the FOLLOWING patch to try to get clever, but even that might not work.  Mainly, the next huge savegame break is adding diplomacy, something I'd prefer to leave as an experimental submod or labelled experiment patch so people understood clearly it would nuke their saves.

You DID use last night's patch, right?  Sort of senseless not starting with that patch instead of the scrambled game from Monday's initial download.
 
I assume its a bug as the hotfix patch says the limit was increased, but in my game at least with a prisoner management skill of 3 i can only take 8 people prisoner. Tried it when alone, and tried it with a party of 20+ people just in case you guys added what Brytenwald did, having a larger party means you can take more prisoners.


By the way if that itsnt the case, would you guys consider doing that in warsword, like the prisoner management skill being what you personally can take, but with every x number of soldiers in your army you take y more people prisoner. Never liked the limitation of my 50+ army only being able to take 10+ prisoners after a battle if i dont heavily invest in the skill. (so i just up it to 15 or so per skill level with TweakMB in any mod)


And Gsanders. You guys should worry about just simply doing what needs to be done rather then worrying about making the updates save compatible, the sooner you just fix up any major issues and just do what needs to be done the sooner you will stop needing to worry about it. This mod is still being developed, no one can reasonably expect it to be without save breaking updates when you actively work on it.
 
Fran-Krsto said:
I assume its a bug as the hotfix patch says the limit was increased, but in my game at least with a prisoner management skill of 3 i can only take 8 people prisoner. Tried it when alone, and tried it with a party of 20+ people just in case you guys added what Brytenwald did, having a larger party means you can take more prisoners.


By the way if that itsnt the case, would you guys consider doing that in warsword, like the prisoner management skill being what you personally can take, but with every x number of soldiers in your army you take y more people prisoner. Never liked the limitation of my 50+ army only being able to take 10+ prisoners after a battle if i dont heavily invest in the skill. (so i just up it to 15 or so per skill level with TweakMB in any mod)


And Gsanders. You guys should worry about just simply doing what needs to be done rather then worrying about making the updates save compatible, the sooner you just fix up any major issues and just do what needs to be done the sooner you will stop needing to worry about it. This mod is still being developed, no one can reasonably expect it to be without save breaking updates when you actively work on it.

  You must have some wounded in that party.  Look again with 20 unwounded party members and see the number jump.
  I posted the formula changes someplace.

here's the formula:
in the old system, prisoner management gave (from script "game_get_party_prisoner_limit"):
10 per prisoner management skill, regardless of party size.

in the newer system, this is:
(prisoner management skill +1) * 2 * (party size/10)

I'll bump that up to
(prisoner management skill +1) * 5 / 2 * (party size/10)

so the answer is for party size of one the old system gave 30 prisoners at skill 3 with party size 1; and 30 prisoners for party size 50, and 30 prisoners for party size 100

in the new system, that would be:
8 with party size 1
40 with party size 50
80 with party size 100

  The patch breaks save.  It however added troops, text strings, and other technical support that will be needed later in the month to expand diplomacy or parts of diplomacy as a hot patch.

-----  in other news:
  currently about half way through simple triggers, merging Nameless Warriors' changes and looking for places to tune background timers for smoother map movement on weaker PCs.  It used to be smoother even on my PC so looking at last month's changes and especially against my submod which *was* about a month behind (and caught up now in this last few days).

  I'm especially interested in seeing if dialogs and things like wife as a companion work in the submod, as the dialogs file is completely rebuilt and it takes a very long time (1 week?) to walk through the dialogs which seem broken-ish in the main mod.
I might be faster just porting to Diplomacy from my submod but the submod has quite a bit going on in it that keeps it more of an experimental niche than a main alternative to Warsword Conquest.  I'm not even sure how to host it, or whether it belongs on moddb when its really an experiment for the mythical (and so far unseen) "brave 300 spartans" (persons able to get the point that its a 'test' rather than a "product") rather than the 20,000 or so zerglings err um "moddb users" that might be running some version of Warsword Conquest.

  Of course, that said, I DO have all of diplomacy working, near as I can tell, in the so far unreleased submod.  If that makes up for the likely trauma of yet more issues...
 
Ill try again then with a large party, i actually just recruited villagers, didnt see any change in the number so thought its broken. Ill try to see after a battle.

Edit: Nope, party size was over 20, (currently 22 unwounded and 3 wounded) and still could only take 8 guys prisoner with prisoner management skill of 3. :sad: Same as if im alone.

Another edit, it increased when i reached 30 people. So yeah does work. Awesome, thank you! :grin:
 
You fixed the lord bandit quest issue like a boss. 

After all, if there are no bandit lairs in the world then lords can't give broken quests about them.  :lol:
 
I have a question about the next patch. Will you change anything within actions.txt and items_kind1.txt files? I ask because I want to add overhead thrust attacks for spear-like polearms and, since there are a lot of them, I rather not do it twice in a short span of time if it can be avoided.

I´ve fooled around with Chaos weaponry and got it working so far:
-One-handed spear + shield: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/259334643650635399/177AD8FBAE794E2055E0AC69192B637A845A7572/
-Two-handed lance: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/259334643650635007/83FC537382CCE18632C0B1B0B6622510DE25A354/
 
Bug reporting :
whenever i hover over items in vampire town when i'm buying armor/weapons... i get walls of red texts.not game breaking but kind of annoying a bit :/
and btw this is the most EPIC mod ever for Warband :grin:
 
Teggs said:
You fixed the lord bandit quest issue like a boss. 

After all, if there are no bandit lairs in the world then lords can't give broken quests about them.  :lol:

  Attila the Hun Tech Support (tm)

  at least my first answer wasn't "deltree c:/windows" like some of my peers used to suggest over the phone in '95
 
Articulo34 said:
I have a question about the next patch. Will you change anything within actions.txt and items_kind1.txt files? I ask because I want to add overhead thrust attacks for spear-like polearms and, since there are a lot of them, I rather not do it twice in a short span of time if it can be avoided.

  I changed two line items internal name to avoid confusion but there isnt great harm in overwriting that change. It was to be certain
grenades were given out instead of 1 target weapons for poison globes and lich globe.

Those are impressive!
 
gsanders said:
  I changed two line items internal name to avoid confusion but there isnt great harm in overwriting that change. It was to be certain
grenades were given out instead of 1 target weapons for poison globes and lich globe.

Those are impressive!
Thanks.
 
I am still waiting for the next patch announced by Nameless, so didn't try the mod yet but have one question:

I've seen on the MODDB that GSanders raised the number of troops in AI lord's parties and garrisons ? Please, don't!!!  Just my opinion but it is in fact the very crucial designing descision.

In the result it will just force players to grind more and make the game just unnecessarily longer, and Warband is already a grinding game. Additional time, that some players don't have. As in PoP or Grim Age mods it is not funny trying to figure out how to capture a city with 600+ garrison, and the friendly lords assistance is hard to obtain.

There is so many great factions in Warsword that longer gameplay is not a plus for me

Regards
 
gsanders said:
Articulo34 said:
I have a question about the next patch. Will you change anything within actions.txt and items_kind1.txt files? I ask because I want to add overhead thrust attacks for spear-like polearms and, since there are a lot of them, I rather not do it twice in a short span of time if it can be avoided.

  I changed two line items internal name to avoid confusion but there isnt great harm in overwriting that change. It was to be certain
grenades were given out instead of 1 target weapons for poison globes and lich globe.

Those are impressive!

One question, the lag of bandits is a result of that banding camp bug you told some lines before or it's because patrols beat them so hardly? ?
 
merikallio said:
I am still waiting for the next patch announced by Nameless, so didn't try the mod yet but have one question:

I've seen on the MODDB that GSanders raised the number of troops in AI lord's parties and garrisons ? Please, don't!!!  Just my opinion but it is in fact the very crucial designing descision.

In the result it will just force players to grind more and make the game just unnecessarily longer, and Warband is already a grinding game. Additional time, that some players don't have. As in PoP or Grim Age mods it is not funny trying to figure out how to capture a city with 600+ garrison, and the friendly lords assistance is hard to obtain.

There is so many great factions in Warsword that longer gameplay is not a plus for me

Regards

I agree a bit.  Maybe is better to switch between different factions an try all that to apply all the time for achieving something with oone faction
 
merikallio said:
I've seen on the MODDB that GSanders raised the number of troops in AI lord's parties and garrisons ? Please, don't!!!  Just my opinion but it is in fact the very crucial designing descision.

Another important issue is that auto resolve perserves high tier units. Presumably this also applies to lords sieging/fighting other lords without player intervention. Which means the lords and garrisons(who will outnumber the player by far) will also be just as(or nearly) as elite as the player. Making fights incredibly difficult.
 
Wolas3214 said:
merikallio said:
I've seen on the MODDB that GSanders raised the number of troops in AI lord's parties and garrisons ? Please, don't!!!  Just my opinion but it is in fact the very crucial designing descision.

Another important issue is that auto resolve perserves high tier units. Presumably this also applies to lords sieging/fighting other lords without player intervention. Which means the lords and garrisons(who will outnumber the player by far) will also be just as(or nearly) as elite as the player. Making fights incredibly difficult.

That is intended, if you think in terms of realism. When you go to battle before to lose men you choose to lose first the less trained equipped ones as bait and then if the situation requires involve elite unites. Also because elite units for their training and armour should have more chances to survive. Just take it as a challenging morr strategic approach :smile:

Edit:like thay too you will not lose that troops hard to level up as faster as before making you leveling them again so at this point is easier for the player.
 
Alevort said:
One question, the LACK of bandits is a result of that bandit camp bug you told some lines before or it's because patrols beat them so hardly?

  I'd say there aren't enough bandit camps.  I'm fine with them being placed blindly so long as the error messages arent generated. It looks like something for the weekend, or perhaps tomorrow.

  LAG is something I addressed today.  I'm testing it now.
 
gsanders said:
Alevort said:
One question, the LACK of bandits is a result of that bandit camp bug you told some lines before or it's because patrols beat them so hardly?

  I'd say there aren't enough bandit camps.  I'm fine with them being placed blindly so long as the error messages arent generated. It looks like something for the weekend, or perhaps tomorrow.

  LAG is something I addressed today.  I'm testing it now.

Hahah sorry I meant to say lack, problems to writing from mobile phones. ? btw lag is much less now than before I really notice its improvement and appreciate it. Thanks for your great job!  :wink: :party:
 
Alevort said:
merikallio said:
I am still waiting for the next patch announced by Nameless, so didn't try the mod yet but have one question:

I've seen on the MODDB that GSanders raised the number of troops in AI lord's parties and garrisons ? Please, don't!!!  Just my opinion but it is in fact the very crucial designing descision.

In the result it will just force players to grind more and make the game just unnecessarily longer, and Warband is already a grinding game. Additional time, that some players don't have. As in PoP or Grim Age mods it is not funny trying to figure out how to capture a city with 600+ garrison, and the friendly lords assistance is hard to obtain.

There is so many great factions in Warsword that longer gameplay is not a plus for me

Regards

I agree a bit.  Maybe is better to switch between different factions an try all that to apply all the time for achieving something with oone faction

  This 600+ garrison came from whose ass?  I never said there would be 600 man garrisons.  I said SOME lords have more troops according to the number of walled centers they have, and some garrisons have a larger maximum limit according to the number of walled centers in faction.  This doesnt mean a newly taken center instantly has more troops, but if it is ignored for months at a time the number grows.  The reverse is also true -- if the faction loses a great number of walled centers the maximum garrison size DECREASES (by the same calculation), making it easier to finish the faction.

taking a look around:  Iron rock (Orcs) has 360 garrison while Bloodhorn (Goblins) has 402, a week later Pirate King fortress had 410.  Tlax several days later still has 400.  I'd expect the kings of either faction to have a boost from owning a town each, but more likely the player will stuff himself with towns and castles instead for the buff.  The Skaven king had 354 troops.

  This also implies if you are faction leader and gave yourself a bunch of walled centers your maximum party size increased as well.

  Try not to quote other mods in the same sentance as some change I made -- I didnt cut & paste from another mod.
I actually dont like to have to cut and paste from any mod, its pretty lame.
 
i do not think it is lame, so long as the resources from the other mod are freely given and credit is given where it is due.

i have been holding off on downloading the mod because i suspected there would be a flurry of fixes at first. but im thinking maybe i should join in to help find bugs. do you have a bug tracker set up? its like a site or wiki where users submit bug reports and progress on them can be tracked. they do it for minecraft https://bugs.mojang.com/browse/MC?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project%3Apopularissues-panel and there are free open source options for setting up bug tracking services, im sure.

or maybe a separate thread dedicated to bug reports, rather than this thread, which is also full of discussion.
 
Back
Top Bottom