SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Users who are viewing this thread

Dorfus145 said:
kek, I learned a new technique to pump up a lord's relationship with you, you just have to wait until he has only like 10 troops or so and then you follow him around and help him every time he gets in a battle, usually in one which you will win since he chases the enemies because he knows you'll help, I just went from 0 to 36 with a lord because of this "technique", he just kept giving me like 7 relationship points every time I helped him beause obviously he was about to lose  :lol: :lol:

If you said it was dwarfs i would say its the slayer lords and you are preventing their honorable death in battle.  :razz: :lol:

Edit:

By the way, i know trolls are intended to be op as heck, but do they really need to be spawnable as a enemy in the train the villagers quest, 20 of them (chaos ones at that) rushing me and some of my low-mid tire troops + 20 useless peasants, i dont even need to bother with it and can start shooting my own people to save them the trouble.

Unrelated a siege attack of 1200 dwarfs versus orcs in the Da Mighty Fort (or such) defended by 400 defenders, we lost 600+ troops, 150+ to 6 Trolls until our superior numbers killed 90% of the melee ones besides the trolls to surround them and bombard them with hits for several seconds before they go down. The rest of the defenders were easy to deal with after that since we were still 200ish of us rushing the 20 or so archers left.

Not really saying it needs a change, was pretty epic to see 6 trolls holding the entrance to the fort against a vastly superior army. :grin:

Congrats for the mod, its good to see it actively being developed. It is, in fact, one of my favorite mods.

So with that out of the way why was fight as a soldier in a lords army (I think it is "freelancer mod") removed? I used to like to just join a lord and fight battles for the many empires. Any plans on bringing this feature back?

Fran-Krsto said:
Dorfus145 said:
kek, I learned a new technique to pump up a lord's relationship with you, you just have to wait until he has only like 10 troops or so and then you follow him around and help him every time he gets in a battle, usually in one which you will win since he chases the enemies because he knows you'll help, I just went from 0 to 36 with a lord because of this "technique", he just kept giving me like 7 relationship points every time I helped him beause obviously he was about to lose  :lol: :lol:

If you said it was dwarfs i would say its the slayer lords and you are preventing their honorable death in battle.  :razz: :lol:

Edit:

By the way, i know trolls are intended to be op as heck, but do they really need to be spawnable as a enemy in the train the villagers quest, 20 of them (chaos ones at that) rushing me and some of my low-mid tire troops + 20 useless peasants, i dont even need to bother with it and can start shooting my own people to save them the trouble.

Unrelated a siege attack of 1200 dwarfs versus orcs in the Da Mighty Fort (or such) defended by 400 defenders, we lost 600+ troops, 150+ to 6 Trolls until our superior numbers killed 90% of the melee ones besides the trolls to surround them and bombard them with hits for several seconds before they go down. The rest of the defenders were easy to deal with after that since we were still 200ish of us rushing the 20 or so archers left.

Not really saying it needs a change, was pretty epic to see 6 trolls holding the entrance to the fort against a vastly superior army. :grin:

The troll thing in the mission was changed in the Beta, goblin bandits were the enemy.

We'll change it again :grin:

Defenders are always favored in sieges, specially in town sieges, where the stakes being gambled are HIGH. And Orcs win because they're green.
(just kidding, you shouldn't simply rush enemies not giving a thought, not even in sieges)

R4MPZY said:
polloio said:
NEW FORUM BANNERS

- Beastmen
83vAK.png

- Kislev
HiJHw.png

- Nippon
lFAAq.png

- Vampire Counts
3Ledq.png

- Wood Elves
izRLQ.png

I like the VC one but there is no link like the ones on page 1. Which redirect you to warsword page?

Because the embedment was made by Del, which is the only one who can put them on page n°1 as the first post is only modifiable by him :wink:

NewPlanet said:
Congrats for the mod, its good to see it actively being developed. It is, in fact, one of my favorite mods.

So with that out of the way why was fight as a soldier in a lords army (I think it is "freelancer mod") removed? I used to like to just join a lord and fight battles for the many empires. Any plans on bringing this feature back?

No plans at all, as it was giving us too many problems :smile:

polloio said:
The troll thing in the mission was changed in the Beta, goblin bandits were the enemy.

We'll change it again :grin:

Defenders are always favored in sieges, specially in town sieges, where the stakes being gambled are HIGH. And Orcs win because they're green.
(just kidding, you shouldn't simply rush enemies not giving a thought, not even in sieges)

I was just a simple low renown mercenary for the dwarves, i kept my troops in the back, letting my low numbered archers and gunners shoot while i wait, but i cant control the others in that battle, i know i can when im marshal or have a high enough renown but until then all i can do is shrug and charge along with the rest :razz:

We won "easily" we just had to throw 50% of our troops at them.  :twisted:

Related to that, i also managed to finish the quest to end the war between the orcs and dwarfs from a guildmaster, 12k plus a town is worth 600 dwarfs i would say as the peace hit us a day or so after we took it, i already though it wouldnt happen. :lol:

Unless Warsword purposefully changed it (which I don't think is likely), during sieges you can always command your allied forces, even if you're a simple mercenary. This has helped me a lot in Floris for instance to keep all our archers (including my friendly vassals' level 40 tier 7 units) back to slaughter the enemy instead of running into the meatgrinder.

Hey guys! Thanks a lot for the great mod and the quick support :smile:

I may have spotted a bug for trading that hasn't been reported yet, I think.
When you sell wares, like wool in my case, I'm pretty sure the value drops in every city, not just the one you sold it in.

Wendek said:
Unless Warsword purposefully changed it (which I don't think is likely), during sieges you can always command your allied forces, even if you're a simple mercenary. This has helped me a lot in Floris for instance to keep all our archers (including my friendly vassals' level 40 tier 7 units) back to slaughter the enemy instead of running into the meatgrinder.

You are right, but thats not very immersive for me. (i avoid commanding the allied troops by giving my archers and gunners other group assignment rather then the default archer one, one for archers one for gunners to split them up further).

Why would a unknown nobody command lords armies. When i get more known, the lords would listen to my advise so then its okay to use it. :wink:

Well then it's your choice but I was just reacting to the use of the terms "I can't control" - definitely can. Sure it's not exactly realistic but there are already a ton of concessions in the game for the sake of gameplay and fun.

Fran-Krsto said:
Wendek said:

You are right, but thats not very immersive for me. (i avoid commanding the allied troops by giving my archers and gunners other group assignment rather then the default archer one, one for archers one for gunners to split them up further).

Why would a unknown nobody command lords armies. When i get more known, the lords would listen to my advise so then its okay to use it. :wink:

So you don't lose 50% of them.

Tho I guess that's part of roleplaying, for me making lords lose a ton of their soldiers for a city proves debastating on the long run, since the counterattack will be harsher on them, and I can't defend them all.

Wendek said:
Well then it's your choice but I was just reacting to the use of the terms "I can't control" - definitely can. Sure it's not exactly realistic but there are already a ton of concessions in the game for the sake of gameplay and fun.

Yeah, poor choice of words on my part. I just did it for fun, i certainly dont plan to keep doing it as it would kill my faction, i just wait till im 100 renown or so so not that long before i command them.

Floriano said:
Fran-Krsto said:
Wendek said:

So you don't lose 50% of them.

Tho I guess that's part of roleplaying, for me making lords lose a ton of their soldiers for a city proves debastating on the long run, since the counterattack will be harsher on them, and I can't defend them all.

We lost it to the goblins later since its just north of them, but just so happened that we gathered to go attack them anyway so we took the town again from them, was waaay easier as they only had 100-ish defenders and we were still around 700-ish since they recovered somewhat and part of our losses were replenished by the lords recruiting the prisoners from the town, since its a border town it had some.

Also i did it just this once to be honest(usually dont join in such things until i build up a bit but they asked me to join as a merc so i decided to go for it even though i was like lvl 3 ), by the time i realized how much they got slaughtered i said to hell with it, lets see where it goes. :lol:

Was pretty epic.

Usually the battles i do as a low level-low renown guy who doesnt command the allies is field battles with good/better odds for my side. (no joining loosing battles of 1 vs 2-3+ enemies :lol: )

polloio said:
Because the embedment was made by Del, which is the only one who can put them on page n°1 as the first post is only modifiable by him :wink:

I didnt mean it as in why its not on the first page, i meant if you click on the banners it will redirect you to the warsword page. But i found out how to do it :smile:
Thanks for the new banners!

Yup, works perfectly fine and I finally have a banner now. :grin:

Speaking of banners Polloio and I totally don't want to be obnoxious but - will the Night Goblins get one too ? Since the Forest Goblins (and their Native American theme) aren't a main faction anymore. Although honestly I don't remember seeing a lot of Gobbos signatures to begin with.

Another small bug report.

All of the women(short of nakwatcha) are bald.

In addition, skalds seem to think you know all of their songs(though other bards/minstrels will teach you normally)

Using the bugfix that you took down. Women had hair prior to getting it.

Edit; started a new save to test. Hair is back.

Though as i teleported around my factions castles and towns i noticed again the lack of marriable women.

Is that intentional? Do they only show up under certain conditions?

Hey, I'm new to this mod, I tried installing the newly released version earlier today however the installation process perplexed me. when i extract all the files they are all separate I put them all into a folder then put that folder into the Modules folder in the Mount&Blade: Warband File. I start the game up everything seems to be working until i try and enter the town or do certain actions like enter a tourney. I get a Runtime C++ error and my game crashes - I've only played as WoodElves am i installing the game incorrectly ?

2oothBrush said:
Hey, I'm new to this mod, I tried installing the newly released version earlier today however the installation process perplexed me. when i extract all the files they are all separate I put them all into a folder then put that folder into the Modules folder in the Mount&Blade: Warband File. I start the game up everything seems to be working until i try and enter the town or do certain actions like enter a tourney. I get a Runtime C++ error and my game crashes - I've only played as WoodElves am i installing the game incorrectly ?

computer spec?

Back
Top Bottom