SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Users who are viewing this thread

Birger Jarl said:
I'm afraid I'm more of a Magic kind of guy (both physical and digital).

Been a Planeswalker during middle school, won a little local tournament and retired from that.

Nearly two years later I stopped all my roleplaying/TCG/tabletop gaming activities and sold everything (but MTG cards, those are mine).

That was some real nerve-crushing fun :grin:

I'm a Black player(mostly, Black/Blue decks are "fun" too) which is especially fun to play IRL because of how evil and vicious the colour is...!  :twisted:

Birger Jarl said:
I'm a Black player(mostly, Black/Blue decks are "fun" too) which is especially fun to play IRL because of how evil and vicious the colour is...!

You could just say you hate fun

Wolas3214 said:
Birger Jarl said:
I'm a Black player(mostly, Black/Blue decks are "fun" too) which is especially fun to play IRL because of how evil and vicious the colour is...!

You could just say you hate fun

I was a Black/Green/Red player (it was a deck built on the Mirrodin expansion's artifacts rules and cards).

Because ME HAZ TA BE DA BEZT FLASH GIT EVUN IN UVAH GAEMZ!!

Orky Gorky Morky style forever.

It would be awesome if we had chaos units for each 4 chaos gods, that you would either recruit in towns like in gekokujo or they would be part of the troop tree, one branch going to the undivided chaos side and the other one going into a different unit and then splitting between two units, that each would split into a Khorne/Nurgle/Slaanesh/Tzeentch worshipper and then make them go either with cavalry or into infantry.
Khornate soldiers would obviously be the most agressive ones, and the knights would ride a juggernaut.
Nurgle soldiers would be slower with heavier armor and better defensive stats and also a shield, but hitting less hard, and they would ride very resilient horses, but very slow too.
Slaanesh would be a balance of the two, and they would ride medium range horses.
Tzeentch guys would be skilled fighters in their proficiencies, but with weaker weapons than Khorne, and they'd ride fast and maneuverable steeds.
It would be awesome, and to balance it out, you could spawn even tougher bandits in the chaos area, and make a lot of people be at war with them, since they are never really threatened up in their lands

Just ideas and I'm sure it's too late for the next update, but that would so dope  :fruity:

Ooh Mirrodin. I guess we played around the same time polloi - my deck was a mix of Mirrodin and Carnage. Pure Black - tribal Zombie for the win!
I also played a red/black control deck based on Endless Whispers . Which was quite hilarious, but had an abysmal winrate.

Im rather sad that dredge has gone the way of the dinosaur, had a lot of fun with it. I ended up playing white though because i had a mate who had a die hard burn deck

Khorne himself said:
It would be awesome if we had chaos units for each 4 chaos gods, that you would either recruit in towns like in gekokujo or they would be part of the troop tree, one branch going to the undivided chaos side and the other one going into a different unit and then splitting between two units, that each would split into a Khorne/Nurgle/Slaanesh/Tzeentch worshipper and then make them go either with cavalry or into infantry.
Khornate soldiers would obviously be the most agressive ones, and the knights would ride a juggernaut.
Nurgle soldiers would be slower with heavier armor and better defensive stats and also a shield, but hitting less hard, and they would ride very resilient horses, but very slow too.
Slaanesh would be a balance of the two, and they would ride medium range horses.
Tzeentch guys would be skilled fighters in their proficiencies, but with weaker weapons than Khorne, and they'd ride fast and maneuverable steeds.
It would be awesome, and to balance it out, you could spawn even tougher bandits in the chaos area, and make a lot of people be at war with them, since they are never really threatened up in their lands

Just ideas and I'm sure it's too late for the next update, but that would so dope  :fruity:

Small steps .

Time is a bitter foe, but the people working in the Warsword Team wields more magic than Tzeentch itself :wink:

The thing is also that neither Slaanesh and Tzeentch followers wouldn't be nearly as much fun without some sort of magic system (which Warband doesn't have). Khorne, on the other hand, has followers which are very, very Warband-friendly.

I guess you could do Nurgle followers by giving them tons of health/Ironflesh to make them really, really durable and as a compromise you'd give them lower Power Strike/weapon proficiency.

Birger Jarl said:
The thing is also that neither Slaanesh and Tzeentch followers wouldn't be nearly as much fun without some sort of magic system (which Warband doesn't have). Khorne, on the other hand, has followers which are very, very Warband-friendly.

I guess you could do Nurgle followers by giving them tons of health/Ironflesh to make them really, really durable and as a compromise you'd give them lower Power Strike/weapon proficiency.
I guess you're right about Slaanesh and Tzeentch, but I ABSOLUTELY want nurglings to be implemented ! They would be very cheap and very tanky but doing no damage, the ultimate meat shield ! (Although they look more like potatoes)

Excellent mod, brought me back into Warband.
A couple of suggestions:
- An option to turn off item-race restriction like TLD has (with a warning that it might cause bugs). I have noticed that goblins can equip some armor from other races without any bugs or problems in animation, same goes for the undead who can use pretty much all the human armors except for an arbitrary few.
- The option to be an ogre. Seriously, I want to play as an ogre.

Once again, great mod.

Theres also the fact that nurgle is the most prominent god in the end times, that being said while troop trees of the various gods would be nice simply giving them representation in armor would be excellent and were apparently getting atleast nurgle armor.

kraggrim said:
Here's how to disable racial item restrictions:

Backup tableau_materials.txt then find this bit (it should be in the second line if you don't have word-wrap on):
1120 2 1585267068834414592 1585267068834414593 3 0
Change 1120 into 1104.

Then backup simple_triggers.txt, up near the top you should find this bit:
0.000000  261 1073741856 2 144115188075857081 -1
Change that 0 to 99999.

Another user told me you should be able to play as an Ogre with this if you start as a Saurus (same skeleton used apparently).

Edited because I got the 1104 and 1120 the wrong way round.

There ya go.

And if you find a way to play as an ogre (could maybe use the save editor to change the player troop flags or something) you'll probably want this:
W3k12.jpg

Kraggy Ogres (for Birger Jarl's submod, it's what I happened to have installed when I made these)

Replaces the ogre faces and savage ogre body with less brightly coloured versions, a few more wrinkles, flaws and muscle definition. Various little UV map and texture/bump tweaks.

Download.

Comparison pics:
fYwQA.jpg
7nFjO.jpg
cGw1S.jpg

Birger Jarl said:

For Tzeentch minions you can go around the game restriction by giving them a throwing weapon that looks like a spell (high damage and super fast projectile)  :grin:
For Slaanesh minions just make them faster than regular bots.

The moobs do come out a lot clearer with those tweaks.

I approve.

NewPlanet said:
Birger Jarl said:

For Tzeentch minions you can go around the game restriction by giving them a throwing weapon that looks like a spell (high damage and super fast projectile)  :grin:

I did do that with the Nehekaharan Priest line of troops in my submod and to be honest the effect is rather underwhelming: I wasn't able to figure out how to make the projectile any bigger than the base (which was the tiny Throwing Rock).

Not sure if that is due to a limitation on part of the game, or myself....  :roll:  :razz:

Birger Jarl said:

I approve.

NewPlanet said:
Birger Jarl said:

I did do that with the Nehekaharan Priest line of troops in my submod and to be honest the effect is rather underwhelming: I wasn't able to figure out how to make the projectile any bigger than the base (which was the tiny Throwing Rock).

Not sure if that is due to a limitation on part of the game, or myself....  :roll:  :razz:
You could make some use of the phantasy calradia mod, of course it would be too much work to implement an entire magic system in WS, but I'm sure you could take some textures from the spells that would look good

Birger Jarl said:

I approve.

NewPlanet said:
Birger Jarl said:

well it is possible somehow, i've seen throwing cows afterall
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FszTyrpP8a4

Back
Top Bottom