SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Users who are viewing this thread

Extradaemon said:
Nameless Warrior said:
The only issue I can see is that Vampires had their own skin in the first warsword and we have no skins left now.

Looking at that version of the mod now, the only major difference between the Vampires and the general Human skin is the grey skin. Wouldn't it just be possible to just replace two or three of the least used human faces (like the Asian or Arabic looking ones for example) and just make the Vampires reskinned humans?

I don't know the ins and outs of Warband modding so feel free to call me an idiot if none of that makes sense.
It could be done with an extra race, I guess. Like PoC does.
What I am interested in is how their troops will work like. Would love it if they could get undead versions of enemy territories they capture.

Sal_TheConqueror said:
So will the chaos troops look big as **** (Like in the Mark of Chaos trailer) , and will they be the strongest faction in regards of melee .

Hell.... ooops pardon me , I meant, WARP YEAH!

They're gonna be massive evil tanks on legs :smile:

polloio said:
Sal_TheConqueror said:
So will the chaos troops look big as **** (Like in the Mark of Chaos trailer) , and will they be the strongest faction in regards of melee .

Better than their current OP Horseness.

Lilly112 said:
polloio said:
Sal_TheConqueror said:

Chaos Cavalry can be easily Absolved in the eyes of Sigmar with a line of Veteran Halberdiers braced for a charge with a line of Greatswords just behind them to pull apart the dismounted troops. All the time your Sharpshooters are whittling the unarmoured marauders away shooting over the heads of your swordsmen. Pistoliers are great for drawing a charge out and getting them to turn their backs to a rifle volley. After that you gotta get stuck in with your troops and slay some Khorne Warriors.    Faith in Sigmar.  :grin:

CrossStitch said:
Lilly112 said:
polloio said:
Sal_TheConqueror said:

Chaos Cavalry can be easily Absolved in the eyes of Sigmar with a line of Veteran Halberdiers braced for a charge with a line of Greatswords just behind them to pull apart the dismounted troops. All the time your Sharpshooters are whittling the unarmoured marauders away shooting over the heads of your swordsmen. Pistoliers are great for drawing a charge out and getting them to turn their backs to a rifle volley. After that you gotta get stuck in with your troops and slay some Khorne Warriors.    Faith in Sigmar.  :grin:

The problem with that is that practically everyone just shrugs off Jagercorps or even Master Engineers, even in small numbers.

Thank You for the beastmen screens and quick answer, Nameless. Awesome, especially those tuskgors mounts.

Did You considered to use battle maps and map icons from TLD mod? They are open source now and there is already some stuff from it in Warsword (minotaur axe?)

It won't be difficult or time consuming. We all agree that vanilla battle maps and town icons doesn't suit to many Old World areas and giving orcs or beastmen brick castles is weird. Here are some examples for consideration.

Maybe Yargon Darot and Captain Melon would be interested:

-Mirkwood can be used as Forest of Shadows battle maps
- some Mordor stuff can be base for Chaos or Dark Elves architecture
- Dead Marshes fits perfectly to area around Marienburg
- orc temporary camps with palisades will be great for Greenskins
- Moria tunnels might be a base for underground battles between Skaven, Goblins and Dwarves
And a lot more

Nameless Warrior said:
This week I have made a fix for the undefeated faction issue (it is not fully tested but I believe it works). Now if a faction loses all it's fiefs and a lord is defeated that lord will not respawn (and will not be required to defect in order to count towards the faction defeated conditions) but if they get a fief back then all the defeated lords will respawn at once.

I am now working on tavern merchants just like we had in the first mount and blade warsword. There will be a merchant seller for each faction travelling around the factions, 3 merchants selling the mercenary gear and 2 selling horses.

Awesome news. Would you perhaps consider releasing the "undefeated faction" fix as a seperate patch ? Once it's fully tested of course, and assuming it doesn't require other stuff from the new version. I'm asking because well, to be honest that issue is the main reason that made me stop playing the mod. (That, and right now I have The Witcher 3 but it won't last eternally, I know I'll go back to M&B mods eventually afterwards :p )

With the pirate troop tree why would I choose a mate over a cutthroat cuthroats have more skill points and pistols what do mates have?

Wendek said:
Nameless Warrior said:
This week I have made a fix for the undefeated faction issue (it is not fully tested but I believe it works). Now if a faction loses all it's fiefs and a lord is defeated that lord will not respawn (and will not be required to defect in order to count towards the faction defeated conditions) but if they get a fief back then all the defeated lords will respawn at once.

I am now working on tavern merchants just like we had in the first mount and blade warsword. There will be a merchant seller for each faction travelling around the factions, 3 merchants selling the mercenary gear and 2 selling horses.

Awesome news. Would you perhaps consider releasing the "undefeated faction" fix as a seperate patch ? Once it's fully tested of course, and assuming it doesn't require other stuff from the new version. I'm asking because well, to be honest that issue is the main reason that made me stop playing the mod. (That, and right now I have The Witcher 3 but it won't last eternally, I know I'll go back to M&B mods eventually afterwards :p )
I second this. Same deal here.

I happen to like this mod a lot, i learned about it, when The Cooler started playing it on his stream / youtube. But i run into one problem, that i can not seem to fix: Everytime i play enlisted to a faction and choose the upgrade path of gunpowder guys, everytime i rank up i only get armor and maybe a horse, but neither guns nor ammunition.  Is there any know fix for this?

Awesome mod and work, sadly tho with it not having diplomacy included I don't play the mod. Really hope you guys have plans to include it considering your limited modding time, I had looked up the module system for this mod and sadly found out it won't be released!  Oh well I suppose. Love the work and ideas of your mod tho! Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom