Wars too scripted

Users who are viewing this thread

The fact that you don't understand simple logic does not mean I contradict myself.
The wars being scripted would mean that TW intentionally made the AI start certains wars outside of their regular decision-making algorithms.
Personally, I have nothing against scripted wars, especially at the beginning of the campaign as you are plunged straight into the division of these major countries already having reason to war without your involvement.

Your previous comment was simply contradictory because you said it wasn't scripted... with your reasoning literally being the definition of scripted... now however you clarified with the outside part which wasn't said before.

"being fed the same data every time" - you
"There is no evidence of scripted wars" - also you

Last edited:
Personally, I have nothing against scripted wars, especially at the beginning of the campaign as you are plunged straight into the division of these major countries already having reason to war without your involvement.

Your previous comment was simply contradictory because you said it wasn't scripted... with your reasoning literally being the definition of scripted... now however you clarified with the outside part which wasn't said before.

"being fed the same data every time" - you
"There is no evidence of scripted wars" - also you

To be honest, I'd aswell think, that the phrase "wars are scripted" means that the wars happening are hardwired into the game, without using any kind of decision algorithm. Like a stage play. Of course you could generate this stage play effect by deliberately feeding data to the decision algorithm aswell, thereby bypassing the normal ways they would get data. Of both there is indeed no evidence.

There seems to be evidence, that the outcome is similar, not identical, but similar every game, which leads to the conclusion, exactly as Askorti says, that there is not much variety happening early on .

Imho there is a difference whether you need to add variety early on or if you have to remove some scripts to just let the decision algorithms of the game work.

Ironically right now, if you play a merc, because of the "no-peace-bug", the game seems to be able to unfold quite different then before (depending on your actions).

Back
Top Bottom